Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Will you keep some Dinar as a backup?

I plan on keeping some smaller denominations as a back up just as I would gold or silver, if spaghetti hits the fan and/or our dollar becomes nothing but a piece of paper, I'm hoping that holding a foreign currency might let me be able to have some type of funding.

I don't mean to start a whole conspiracy thing here, just throwing the idea around of having backup investments in case something bad happens. Does anyone else feel this way? And I'm sorry if this should be in the Off Topic section, I figured it could be a discussion about uses for the IQD other than cashing in.

• Upvote 1

In an earlier career I was a Financial Analysis and Planner. One of the most important lessons I’ve learned has been you can NEVER be to DIVERSIFIED. With that being said my Total Wealth / Assets and business interests will be very well distributed and hope to create stable Multiple Income Sources, M.I.S.’s.

At one time I thought a total of five separate Investment areas were sufficient to the average individual. Then I quickly realized that five entities were not nearly adequate and I was stressing a minimum of ten or in other words no more than 10% invested in a certain vehicle. Now, I am of the mind set to be even more diversified to a maximum of 5 percent in each different financial entity. Yes, that means at least twenty different places for your assets, wealth, investments.

You might be thinking…What twenty different Investments at a minimum…that is Crazy. Perhaps, but just let’s start thinking of some obvious places to explore. In no specific order just FYI a little creative thinking???

IRAQ Dinar, USD, VND, China Currency, Precious Metals (Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium), US Stocks, International Stocks (Iraq X), Annuities, Bonds, Real Estate, Commercial RE, Rural Land, Collectibles (Art, Coins, Stamps, Classic Autos), Commodities, Small Business, Charitable Foundation, Venture Capital Investments. This is just a few that come to mind the more you think about your options the better off your investments.

After deciding where to spread your new found Wealth it should be simple to evaluate each of your diversified Investments on a Monthly / Quarterly assessment. Always be looking for more potential investments and be willing to rotate certain low producing investment categories to new or higher yielding Investment areas.

Everyone feels that they have to be worth a Fortune before they can have a diversified portfolio? Non Sense, even as little as ten thousand total cash can be spread out over several different financial choices. Initially, plan for your Immediate Cash Reserve and keeping these funds available and liquid. Then split the remaining funds equally into x number of investments…Plan and create short and long term Goals.

Good Luck in the Future Everyone and let’s GO RV!!!

• Upvote 6

In an earlier career I was a Financial Analysis and Planner. One of the most important lessons I’ve learned has been you can NEVER be to DIVERSIFIED. With that being said my Total Wealth / Assets and business interests will be very well distributed and hope to create stable Multiple Income Sources, M.I.S.’s.

At one time I thought a total of five separate Investment areas were sufficient to the average individual. Then I quickly realized that five entities were not nearly adequate and I was stressing a minimum of ten or in other words no more than 10% invested in a certain vehicle. Now, I am of the mind set to be even more diversified to a maximum of 5 percent in each different financial entity. Yes, that means at least twenty different places for your assets, wealth, investments.

You might be thinking…What twenty different Investments at a minimum…that is Crazy. Perhaps, but just let’s start thinking of some obvious places to explore. In no specific order just FYI a little creative thinking???

IRAQ Dinar, USD, VND, China Currency, Precious Metals (Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium), US Stocks, International Stocks (Iraq X), Annuities, Bonds, Real Estate, Commercial RE, Rural Land, Collectibles (Art, Coins, Stamps, Classic Autos), Commodities, Small Business, Charitable Foundation, Venture Capital Investments. This is just a few that come to mind the more you think about your options the better off your investments.

After deciding where to spread your new found Wealth it should be simple to evaluate each of your diversified Investments on a Monthly / Quarterly assessment. Always be looking for more potential investments and be willing to rotate certain low producing investment categories to new or higher yielding Investment areas.

Everyone feels that they have to be worth a Fortune before they can have a diversified portfolio? Non Sense, even as little as ten thousand total cash can be spread out over several different financial choices. Initially, plan for your Immediate Cash Reserve and keeping these funds available and liquid. Then split the remaining funds equally into x number of investments…Plan and create short and long term Goals.

I like the way you think. This makes a lot of sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, if the US Dollar gets belly up, the banks close, what do you plan ta do with the Dinar?

I hear it makes an excellent TP............................... :D

It could be a situation similar to what Iraq is in now, where their currency is useless and they use the Dollar for many purchases, if our dollar bottomed out but the IQD had significant value then theoretically it could be used in the states as currency.

Thank you for the insight! :twothumbs:

+1 for that.

I plan on keeping some smaller denominations as a back up just as I would gold or silver, if spaghetti hits the fan and/or our dollar becomes nothing but a piece of paper, I'm hoping that holding a foreign currency might let me be able to have some type of funding.

I don't mean to start a whole conspiracy thing here, just throwing the idea around of having backup investments in case something bad happens. Does anyone else feel this way? And I'm sorry if this should be in the Off Topic section, I figured it could be a discussion about uses for the IQD other than cashing in.

FYI Guys;

The one thing everyone has not thought about in all of your postings is if they do a time limit on the exchange. I mean if they give a rate of .86 and to cash in your old currency within a 90 day period for example, then you will not hold onto any of it and cash it all in to buy up the new currency or just cash out. If there is a time limit then the holding out for the higher rate with the old currency is impossible.

Just wanted to put that out there! :D :D

• Upvote 3

Once the IQD is an international recognized currency, There will be a few International Banks for example HSBC/UBS that will allow you to have IQD account, dollar account & euro account in electronic form. This will allow you to electronically move your money to various accounts if the rate changes on either of the currencies that you may hold at the bank. There will be no need to have physical currency in your possession. I am only speaking of the banks located outside the U.S.A. for example Switzerland. My two cents provided

GO RV!!!!!!

Well, if the US Dollar gets belly up, the banks close, what do you plan ta do with the Dinar?

I hear it makes an excellent TP............................... :D

I have a few of the "intro packs" that have one of each denomination, and was using them as gifts. I imagine what I have left of them I'll keep, as souvenirs if nothing else. But basically when the RV hits, I will be cashing in all the way. I won't be here long enough to have to worry about what is happening in the investment market in ten years, maybe not even five.

Oh, and that referal to the Dinar making excellent TP ??? ... a friend thought so too and tried it ... sorry, not so much, and it does not easily flush. But hey, it also does not shred!.

:)

smee2

I too like the way you think. Practical. Thanks.

QF

In an earlier career I was a Financial Analysis and Planner. One of the most important lessons I’ve learned has been you can NEVER be to DIVERSIFIED.... Initially, plan for your Immediate Cash Reserve and keeping these funds available and liquid. Then split the remaining funds equally into x number of investments…Plan and create short and long term Goals.

That is a fine plan to follow. I am not that diversified but it is a part of my long term goal to be so. Every new opportunity I have to invest in something new that I have confidence in is a new door to be opened not just by slowly pushing on it and peering in but by kicking in the door knob and leaping in... but I am also rather aggressive when it comes to this attitude. My wife likes to pull back on my reins sometimes.

• Upvote 1

AT $0.86 EXCHANGE RATE & ABOVE I'M OUT. I KEEP ONLY THE HUGE cool.gifON MY FACE !

~BELIEVE BABY~

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would think that post RV and after recognition internationally, several banks will allow us to keep our IQD in a digital format.

Are you saying American banks will/may allow accounts with IQD as the deposit?

Thanks!

Once the IQD is an international recognized currency, There will be a few International Banks for example HSBC/UBS that will allow you to have IQD account, dollar account & euro account in electronic form. This will allow you to electronically move your money to various accounts if the rate changes on either of the currencies that you may hold at the bank. There will be no need to have physical currency in your possession. I am only speaking of the banks located outside the U.S.A. for example Switzerland. My two cents provided

GO RV!!!!!!

But you could go to a UBS branch here in the US, open an account, and deposit the dinars? Thx!