Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fox News Viewers Know Less Than People Who Don't Watch Any News: Study

Weapon X

Fox News viewers are less informed than people who don't watch any news, according to a new poll from Fairleigh Dickinson University.

The poll surveyed New Jersey residents about the uprisings in Egypt and the Middle East, and where they get their news sources. The study, which controlled for demographic factors like education and partisanship, found that "people who watch Fox News are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government" and "6-points less likely to know that Syrians have not yet overthrown their government" compared to those who watch no news.

Overall, 53% of all respondents knew that Egyptians successfully overthrew Hosni Mubarak and 48% knew that Syrians have yet to overthrow their government.

Dan Cassino, a political science professor at Fairleigh Dickinson, explained in a statement, "Because of the controls for partisanship, we know these results are not just driven by Republicans or other groups being more likely to watch Fox News. Rather, the results show us that there is something about watching Fox News that leads people to do worse on these questions than those who don’t watch any news at all."

This isn't the first study that has found that Fox News viewers more misinformed in comparison to others. Last year, a study from the University of Maryland found that Fox News viewers were more likely to believe false information about politics.

• Upvote 19
  • Downvote 28

Yeah it's more left wing communist propaganda. I know for a fact that the main stream media are liars, and any news I get, I get it from my own research on the internet. Liberals are real funny people, and some of the biggest hypocrites in the world. American's best wake up and get rid of both political parties, because they are both corrupted, and a danger to the citizens of America. Maybe it's time for a dual between those who trash the constitution, and those who want to uphold it. I think some call it a second civil war.

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 2

And did they also interview MSNBC, CBS, CNN, and ABC viewers?? <_<

Or how bout those that were more interested in Dancing with the Stars, than world events?

I wonder how many of those people even knew what the "Arab Spring" really was. :huh:

Fox may not be everything we would like it to be,

but it far exceeds ALL of the rest available on TV. ;)

• Upvote 17

And did they also interview MSNBC, CBS, CNN, and ABC viewers?? <_<

Or how bout those that were more interested in Dancing with the Stars, than world events?

I wonder how many of those people even knew what the "Arab Spring" really was. :huh:

Fox may not be everything we would like it to be,

but it far exceeds ALL of the rest available on TV. ;)

I agree, +1 for your post... :D

• Upvote 9

Shame on you WeaponX, I thought you were smarter than this.Are you saying that people that watch/listen to ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,CNBC,&NPR are more informed? And informed correctly? Yeah right. I've seen polls where many people don't even know who the VP is. Heck Joe Biden does'nt even know who the VP is.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

I'm glad everyone is taking this fake report apart. The propoganda is getting so rediculous it's insulting. There's a reason more people watch FOX news than CNN,ABC and NBC combined and it's simply because we are all interested in the truth rather than government talking points and lies. Liberals tend to be very interested in government control and handouts....well not me. I think government corruption is so prevelant and obvious that I want them to have as little control over my money, life, family and decisions as possible. I love freedom, personal responsibility and liberty...it's what sets us apart from the rest of the world and wow we've done some amazing things with those principals :tiphat:

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

weapon x you should be embarassed to even post junk like that. If you only watch all the lefty news you must still think O is the greatest president ever and our country is in great shape! Poor you. wink.gif

Why should I be embarrassed to provide 1 of several different studies that state the same thing, on different topics of interest of the moment, going back several years??? Tell you more here are more studies that have been taken over the years in different situations that state the same

2003 the University of Maryland's Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) study

2009 NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll

2010 Stanford University, in conjunction with the National Science Foundation

2010 Two Ohio State University researchers

Tell you more, the only one I will put some doubt would be the NBC/Wall Street poll, but it asserts the same as prior and after studies

So tell me what am I supposed to be embarrassed about???

Edited by Weapon X
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 8

I'm glad everyone is taking this fake report apart. The propoganda is getting so rediculous it's insulting. There's a reason more people watch FOX news than CNN,ABC and NBC combined and it's simply because we are all interested in the truth rather than government talking points and lies. Liberals tend to be very interested in government control and handouts....well not me. I think government corruption is so prevelant and obvious that I want them to have as little control over my money, life, family and decisions as possible. I love freedom, personal responsibility and liberty...it's what sets us apart from the rest of the world and wow we've done some amazing things with those principals :tiphat:

You know how they work don't you. They put news out there truth or not. Then they put the same news out again.

They know the more you put it out the more it becomes believable. Not caring if it has any truth to it. This is your wake up call. IF you take "ANY" news for what they are saying and do not research yourself, you will stay uninformed and naive.

Why should I be embarrassed to provide 1 of several different studies that state the same thing, on different topics of interest of the moment, going back several years??? Tell you more here are more studies that have been taken over the years in different situations that state the same

2003 the University of Maryland's Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) study

2009 NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll

2010 Stanford University, in conjunction with the National Science Foundation

2010 Two Ohio State University researchers

Tell you more, the only one I will put some doubt would be the NBC/Wall Street poll, but it asserts the same as prior and after studies

So tell me what am I supposed to be embarrassed about???

Ok, let's just have it? Where do you get your news????

You know how they work don't you. They put news out there truth or not. Then they put the same news out again.

They know the more you put it out the more it becomes believable. Not caring if it has any truth to it. This is your wake up call. IF you take "ANY" news for what they are saying and do not research yourself, you will stay uninformed and naive.

Ok, let's just have it? Where do you get your news????

Its called research, I don't go to a specific site and just copy paste because it catches my fancy, I look around and verify and corroborate. It does not matter because I gave you direct links to the studies, no to the websites.

Edited by Weapon X
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Its called research, I don't go to a specific site and just copy paste because it catches my fancy, I look around and verify and corroborate. It does not matter because I gave you direct links to the studies, no to the websites.

"research" yes u do if it fits your specific view or agenda. You are consistant I'll give you that.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

since you know so much, prove me wrong, with empirical studies and not your political views.

MY POLITICAL VIEWS are you serious? Thats all you post is a skewed view on politics and social issues. It's good to have ones beliefs but dont hide behind them under the guise of balance. Based on previous discussions your anti-gov,anti-business,and believes the world owes you a good life,sorry can't help you there. Best of luck in your quest to inspire others. Happy Thanksgiving P.S.why did'nt you respond to my first post? my guess you know the answer as well as I do

Correction, do you have any studies whatsoever that prove what I posted wrong??? Or is it all just because you love Faux News and cannot accept they have been wrong and misleading???

Personally I don't watch fox,to many opinion shows.

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 2

MY POLITICAL VIEWS are you serious? Thats all you post is a skewed view on politics and social issues. It's good to have ones beliefs but dont hide behind them under the guise of balance. Based on previous discussions your anti-gov,anti-business,and believes the world owes you a good life,sorry can't help you there. Best of luck in your quest to inspire others. Happy Thanksgiving P.S.why did'nt you respond to my first post? my guess you know the answer as well as I do

Lets start of with the beginning, my skewed view on politics??? Anti government, antio business and the world owes me a good life??? Where did you get that???

Anti government??? I am a proud veteran that believes in the US government as flawed as it is. What i dont accept id BS from either side of the political scale, republican or democrat and if I have to criticize both sides I will and have. You may not like what I see but in no way is is skewed or anti anything.

I dont know where you got that I am anti business, but If i denounce that trickle down economics does not work, I attack the belief it does not work. All I have to say is this, even when Reagan who implemented this flawed economic theory he was not able to implement it like he wanted, he had to raise taxes 11 times and he raised the debt ceiling 18 times in his tenure as president, I applaud what he did but what we have seen since Bush Jr til today it does not work.

The world owes me?? I am sorry apparently YOU have been talking to somebody else, but not me.

Now what am I to answer to a post where all you say is that you thought I was intelligent but was disappointed, was I supposed to attack your opinion of me because you don't like what I found and believe?? Sorry i do not tend to do that, its my belief that only people that attack and call names and label others because of what they believe do that for only 1 reason: they have no valid point to debate and resort to name calling. I left 3rd grade many many years ago.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Mr. X, please do not anger the far-right wing nut jobs by posting this post pissing off the fox and friends viewers....lol

Foxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and friends!

go FoXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and fawiends!

who wants to watch a news channel that critizies every little thing PRESIDENT OBAMA does wrong everyday, every minute, every second............last I checked he is still human. oh, wait, the far right so called conservatives don't believe he is human. You would have thought that this MAN, came to these fool's houses and had his way with their wives.

hold up, I'm tunering on fox and friends, and they are talking about why Mr. Obama likes Jiff peanut butter better than skippy on his pb&j!..............lol............now they are talking about why Mrs. Obama wants to cook her family's thanksgiving dinner this year so her cooking staff can share the holiday with their families.............lol............... here's one more, why is Mr. Obama going outside on the whitehouse law to enjoy the fresh air , when he clearly knows that it will cost tax payers millions in secret service security for those five -minute walks outside............lol

go 2012....OBAMA!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

This is why I stay out of politics. I'm here for dinar news. Stop listening to the he said she said crap. It does you know good. Live your life to what you know is true to your heart. In the end that's all that matters.

Go RV

How true....but unfortunately there are some who like to keep ramming their thoughts and opinions at others until you snap!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1