Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WARKA WIRE

OKLAHOMA

Goldiegirl,

I've been away from the site for a few days & am just now catching up on posts...

It looks as though you've gotten the Warka setup & funded without a hitch..

Very helpful information you provided.. I am at the point where I've received my account #'s

& getting ready to do the wire transfers.. Based upon your recent experience it should be quite

simple.. Many thanks. Although I might need to borrow your driver's license......hah.

Back to my previous question though- Still not sure why the switch to the German Bank.. Can only

guess that they've switched from citibank for new users? I'm not a citibank holder so it's not that

big of a deal to me at this point.... Take care.

Carpediem

Goldiegirl,

I've been away from the site for a few days & am just now catching up on posts...

It looks as though you've gotten the Warka setup & funded without a hitch..

Very helpful information you provided.. I am at the point where I've received my account #'s

& getting ready to do the wire transfers.. Based upon your recent experience it should be quite

simple.. Many thanks. Although I might need to borrow your driver's license......hah.

Back to my previous question though- Still not sure why the switch to the German Bank.. Can only

guess that they've switched from citibank for new users? I'm not a citibank holder so it's not that

big of a deal to me at this point.... Take care.

Carpediem

LOL looks like your doing fine with your own drivers license pic. Glad I could be of help.

Thursday, I wired money to Waka Bank via Chase Bank If you try to set up a wire with your online banking account, then the IABN comes into play and we do not have that and Warka Bank emailed me back and said I did not need it, but you do if you are tring to set it up with your online account!!! However when I went into a Chase Bank here and let them send the wire, ($45.00 Fee) it was no trouble because their system has the IBAN interally in their system, so this is the least path of resistence. I told them I was wiring money over to my son's Germany account, ( he is working over there) and no questions were asked. Smooth as silk but $45.00 lighter in my account. Hope this helps

Dave

Question regarding IBAN#: Can anyone confirm having successfully used the Acct# that begins with

4008 as the IBAN#? Just tried to wire my funds to Commerzbank in Germany & the wire lady told me that they had to have the "IBAN" in order to proceed. I actually tried to give her the 4008 # & she insisted that was not it.... Any Help? Thanks..

Carpediem

Question regarding IBAN#: Can anyone confirm having successfully used the Acct# that begins with

4008 as the IBAN#? Just tried to wire my funds to Commerzbank in Germany & the wire lady told me that they had to have the "IBAN" in order to proceed. I actually tried to give her the 4008 # & she insisted that was not it.... Any Help? Thanks..

Carpediem

Carpediem, on my copy of my wire transfer there is a field called Account/IBAN so yes the IBAN is the 4008 number.

Thanks Goldiegirl.

Unfortunately I just got off the phone with the Bank(tried calling this time hoping to get a different person)..

spoke to the same girl & told her I've reconfirmed the iban# with the other party & that it was 4008xxx.

To no avail.. She said the system is rejecting it & says that in the 4 years she's been handling wire transfers the iban Always starts with letters....& that they must have the proper Iban to wire to all European countries....

Not sure where to go from here other than having already just emailed Warka to see if they can provide another #.... I guess I can try the citibank route as well....hmm. Oh well....to be continued.

Great suggestion & I wish that were the case...Unfortunately I'd given her the swift code just prior to her asking for the iban.. I'd even asked that same question.. I'll have to see if warka comes back with anything else &/or try again tomorrow & perhaps catch someone else to talk to or get a supervisor on the line...

dont want it to be too easy...

Hi 757,

My bank didn't ask for a IBAN number but I think BrokenNoMore told Wineguy to use the 400875402000 as the IBAN number. This is what I took to my bank. I am waiting to hear from Warka that they received the money.

Take this to your bank with the information to wire.

Account Name:Warka Bank for Investment & Finance

Bank Name is: Commerzbank AG Frankfurt Germany

Bank SWIFT CODE is: COBADEFFXXX

Bank Account Number is: 400875402000

Recipient address:

Warka Bank for Investment & Finance

60261 Frankfurt am Main

Germany

Bank Address:

Commerzbank AG Frankfurt Germany

60261 Frankfurt am Main

Germany

Put this in the special instructions: Your Full Name here , USD account at Warka investment bank # (enter the USD bank account nubmer they gave you ie...790/ etc....number.

Under no circumstance tell them this is going to Iraq. The women at my bank was way too nosy. Wanted to understand what this was for. Wanted to know what the numbers meant in the special instructions. I told her to just type them as I had entered them on the sheet I gave her. I told her it was payment on account and the money was going to a bank.

Good luck. I will let you know when I hear from them that it wen through ok.

I will also tell you that I sent an email to Warka that I wired them the money. I sent the email 3:35 pm yesterday and Mr. Issa sent a read receipt 5 minutes later. It shows 11:43 pm their time. My goodness he works long hours....LOL

By the way, it took me 2 days to get my accounts. I think he liked the pic on m drivers license.

Mr. Issa has been very responsive in setting up the account. However, I wired the money (via Commerzbank, Frankfurt, Germany) on 1/11, same day transfer, and have sent emails asking for them to be on the lookout for the funds. My bank says the transfer completed same day (I paid same day transfer fee).

No Mr. Issa! No Warka personnel responding! I'm a little nervous about it because someone in Iraq said that Warka was implicated in a multi-billion dollar misappropriation of funds, etc. Great info after I've sent my money over there! Person said that I'd never get money out of Warka and Warka was not auth. to invest presently. Is this TRUE?

People on this board have been having great service through Warka, it seems. Don't know what to think! Plus, I don't want the RV to occur before my money is in my account, converted to Dinar!

[Maybe he didn't like the pix on my driver's license and he only likes blondes?] :(

Mr. Issa has been very responsive in setting up the account. However, I wired the money (via Commerzbank, Frankfurt, Germany) on 1/11, same day transfer, and have sent emails asking for them to be on the lookout for the funds. My bank says the transfer completed same day (I paid same day transfer fee).

No Mr. Issa! No Warka personnel responding! I'm a little nervous about it because someone in Iraq said that Warka was implicated in a multi-billion dollar misappropriation of funds, etc. Great info after I've sent my money over there! Person said that I'd never get money out of Warka and Warka was not auth. to invest presently. Is this TRUE?

People on this board have been having great service through Warka, it seems. Don't know what to think! Plus, I don't want the RV to occur before my money is in my account, converted to Dinar!

[Maybe he didn't like the pix on my driver's license and he only likes blondes?] :(

LOL no I don't think your pic has anything to do with it. I'm sure they like women period!!! :)

Did you send it to c.accounts@warka-bank-iq.com copyng Mr. Issa in the email along wtih your USD and IQD accounts and instructions to transferer the money leavining $150 in your USD account?

I also sent the e-banking form along with it so I could get my online account. Their email is e-bank@warka-bank-iq.com .

I will tell you it takes 2 days for them to recieve the money even if it was a one day transfer. That means the money will come into their bank Friday 13th (the best day of the year IMO) today. Most likely on Monday you will receive notification that it has been received.

If you don't hear from them Monday send another email quoting your 2 accounts with instructions. I find that I send mine 12:30 am EST and they read them within 5 minutes.

Like I said on my other post, I put a lot of details in it for them so I don't waste time with back and forth communcation on what they need.

Edited by Goldiegirl

LOL no I don't think your pic has anything to do with it. I'm sure they like women period!!! :)

Did you send it to c.accounts@warka-bank-iq.com copyng Mr. Issa in the email along wtih your USD and IQD accounts and instructions to transferer the money leavining $150 in your USD account?

I also sent the e-banking form along with it so I could get my online account. Their email is e-bank@warka-bank-iq.com .

I will tell you it takes 2 days for them to recieve the money even if it was a one day transfer. That means the money will come into their bank Friday 13th (the best day of the year IMO) today. Most likely on Monday you will receive notification that it has been received.

If you don't hear from them Monday send another email quoting your 2 accounts with instructions. I find that I send mine 12:30 am EST and they read them within 5 minutes.

Like I said on my other post, I put a lot of details in it for them so I don't waste time with back and forth communcation on what they need.

Yes, I also emailed Mr. Nassar in the wire transfer dept. and the SWIFT email address. We shall see - you'd think that they would email back to say "we don't have any confirmation yet, it takes awhile longer). Then again, I'm probably being paranoid and impatient and, after all, we're talking about Iraq! (An Iraqi attorney friend of mine went to the Middle East and family introduced him to a man. The man invited him to his home to enjoy good food, friendly discussion, etc. The man was in management for the electric company. The man received a phone call saying that the power had gone out in a vast area and he was needed to come and help restore the power for all these many people. This man replied, "No, I cannot come today as I am entertaining a guest in my home." THAT'S HOW THEY ROLL!!! The man didn't really even know my friend that well...but he came first.)

So, who knows. Plus, my DL pix is horrible, so that's not helping, LOL! :blink:

I bypassed some of this process by wiring directly to my IQD account, no time lost in transfer from Warka USD account. No money funding my Warka USD account. Received a confirmation in 36 hours that it went thru just fine. My account was opened in December.

News you can use. :)

I bypassed some of this process by wiring directly to my IQD account, no time lost in transfer from Warka USD account. No money funding my Warka USD account. Received a confirmation in 36 hours that it went thru just fine. My account was opened in December.

News you can use. :)

That's great when it worked well for you - my money is likely floating somewhere in Germany not knowing where to go... the BofA wire transfer process didn't have enough spaces for all the information that Mr. Issa wanted in there. I just pray that Warka can contact Commerzbank and find the money and get it to my IQD account before this baby RV's. Why would I want that money in Warka post RV w/o the value of the exchange?

That's great when it worked well for you - my money is likely floating somewhere in Germany not knowing where to go... the BofA wire transfer process didn't have enough spaces for all the information that Mr. Issa wanted in there. I just pray that Warka can contact Commerzbank and find the money and get it to my IQD account before this baby RV's. Why would I want that money in Warka post RV w/o the value of the exchange?

Oh no...B of A is awful. In every category. Sleazy even. Which has nothing to do with your wire.

On my banking form there is a section for "special instructions" and that's where I put my Warka account # and my name again...something like "MY NAME, Account # xxx xxx xxx at Warka International Bank for Investment and Finance.

Oh no...B of A is awful. In every category. Sleazy even. Which has nothing to do with your wire.

On my banking form there is a section for "special instructions" and that's where I put my Warka account # and my name again...something like "MY NAME, Account # xxx xxx xxx at Warka International Bank for Investment and Finance.

Yeah... sigh... live and learn, eh?

They didn't really have a complete enough form for this type of transfer. Also, the weird thing was that they had a pull down menu with Warka Bank in Iraq as a direct wire (instead of Commerzbank as intermediary). I would have loved to try it, but there's got to be a reason that Warka uses Commerzbank, so I just wanted to follow the orders!

Is anyone getting money OUT of Warka?

Anyone have a debit or credit card?

It is 1/14/02 at 11:47 pm Arizona time--just receive an email from Mohammed Issa:

You will need to advice your bank to add your account number as your transfer will be declined by our system if the account details are not indicated...where it is vital to execute your wire transfer in accordance with the instructions provided by our customer accounts department...

For any further questions please contact our customer accounts department c.accounts@warka-bank-iq.com they will be of full assistance and support.

As senior executive management do not handle customer inquiries and transactions in accordance with standard banking protocols and just to keep you updated with our working procedures and as posted on our website notice February 8th 2010 you are kindly requested to direct your inquiries and emails to the related specific department at are our bank that handle customer inquiries to be of best assistance and support as they are the related departments handling customer inquiries for each specific banking matter . Emails directed to the non –related department will be automatically deleted by our web administrator and considered null and void by our bank noting that a reply will be provided within 3 business days where Friday and Saturday is a weekend in Iraq. Also emails sent over the weekend Friday and Saturday outside our business days and hours while our bank is closed will be considered null and void.

For further information related to your account and the fine services provided by our good bank please take a moment to visit our website www.warka-bank.com <http://www.warka-bank.com/> news bulletin to view the latest notices and the contact details of the related departments that will best handle your inquiries. We have several departments that will specifically handle each banking affair to your best interest by contacting them directly.

Thank you for following our regulations, guidelines and working procedures which have been set to best serve our esteemed clients.

Best regards,

Mohammad K. Issa

Deputy Managing Director

Senior Executive

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

This e-mail is confidential and the information contained in it is privileged. It should not be read, copied or used by anyone other than the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately by return email, and delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any person.

Yeah... sigh... live and learn, eh?

They didn't really have a complete enough form for this type of transfer. Also, the weird thing was that they had a pull down menu with Warka Bank in Iraq as a direct wire (instead of Commerzbank as intermediary). I would have loved to try it, but there's got to be a reason that Warka uses Commerzbank, so I just wanted to follow the orders!

Is anyone getting money OUT of Warka?

Anyone have a debit or credit card?

I don't think any wire forms are really complete enough for this third party wire situation we use. That's why we used "special instructions" area.

The wires all go thru the Federal Reserve, and as Iraq is still on the UN Sanctioned list, they'd refuse to put it thru. I wouldn't try it. :) Your money could be missing in cyberspace for 2 months.

I have not attempted to get any money out of Warka, but I heard someone around here had.

I'm waiting for my Mastercard debit card as we speak. :)

• 4 months later...

I don't think any wire forms are really complete enough for this third party wire situation we use. That's why we used "special instructions" area.

The wires all go thru the Federal Reserve, and as Iraq is still on the UN Sanctioned list, they'd refuse to put it thru. I wouldn't try it. :) Your money could be missing in cyberspace for 2 months.

I have not attempted to get any money out of Warka, but I heard someone around here had.

I'm waiting for my Mastercard debit card as we speak. :)

Hi BrokeNoMore,

I sent the previous post before I added my comments to your quote. :)

Did you ever receive your MC? Were you able to withdraw USD funds with it? I need to get some funds back from my account but have not figured it how to do it yet. I did get my WFB account approved as an External Beneficiary, but it still doesn't show up in any drop down lists with my accounts or their approved banks.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

doctrbob

Edited by doctrbob

Hi BrokeNoMore,

I sent the previous post before I added my comments to your quote. :)

Did you ever receive your MC? Were you able to withdraw USD funds with it? I need to get some funds back from my account but have not figured it how to do it yet. I did get my WFB account approved as an External Beneficiary, but it still doesn't show up in any drop down lists with my accounts or their approved banks.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

doctrbob

Hi Doctorbob,

I would never have seen your post if it were not for doing a Warka search to find the lastest news on the small depositor payout.

I did not receive my MC, and I got busy with other things and forgot I'd sent a request. You know how with Warka you have to request every few days for a month to get a response. :lol: I'm just waiting it out. :) I'll not worry about it again until down the road. :) My intent was to leave the deposits sit until it reached 3:1 instead of the initial expected cashout at 1:1 I'm going to do with currency. Then I don't have to cash out 000 bills and repurchase, paying spread twice.

I'm not in a panic about Warka. I agree with a post I read somewhere that the "trouble" they're in is a combination of things: Their huge asset base has made them desirable for a "hostile takeover" by the CBI and with the economy struggling so in Iraq, that they have assets that were security for loans that were foreclosed upon, and that liquidation of those assets is necessary for them to have cash enough to function, moreover, the CBI has left them high and dry without enough cash to function, regardless of the assets. They are the largest private bank in Iraq and they have the best electronic system in Iraq. They aren't just going to flip us the bird and close the doors.

I think when the RV hits, or if we have a slow rise in the value, either way, they're going to recover and function normally as Iraq's economy booms, whether the CBI stays in control, or releases them.

JMO. :)