Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FORD OR FOREIGN

robear

I have been looking around at the new cars. Really like some of the GM cars and the Chryslers have great ratings. But wait! I remembered that Obama "GAVE" the

Unions large portions of both GM(@35%) and Chrysler(may eventually l own up to 55%). I looked it up on the internet to confirm. Hell, the unions were one of the biggest reasons for the financial problems of the US car manufacturers.

Then I remembered the speech where the Union president wants to " take all those S.O.B.'s "OUT"". I guess he means anyone who doesn't vote HIS way, or,

someone that he may consider wealthy(I sure would like to see his financial sheet). Either way I am either one of the SOB's or, soon will be.

Well anyway, I decided that its either Ford of foreign for me. I don't consider GM and Chrysler as a US automaker anymore. I consider them a Union

automaker and, I know that the Union doesn't want to do business with an SOB.

So mister Union president, I am sure you know where the sun don't shine. Bend over, take a look up there and you will find all the GM and Chrysler cars that I would have

bought, both now and, in the future.................... My one man campaign against American terrorism.

P.S.: No, I don't own Ford stock and I have been driving GM cars a long time.

Edited by robear
  • Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

FINALLY !!! i thought i was the only one with that idea {about uniouns} they are ripping the fabric of consumerisium apart {in my opinion} please hold a second before negatives and all --- look at the begining ,,the unions were the local dock workers i believe, the next step was too combine two strong efforts {A F L C I O } www.wikipedia.org the local rail road unions ,, the coalminers union ,, <---- of all unions i would back this one the most , these folks get too live under ground 6 days aweek that would suck,,,but for 60,ooo a year they do o kay {60,000 thousand a year} now the union officals they get crazy numbers and pay bonuses,,, now i`m not kicking the union down the road,,but i do think they have alterior motives too their bunch,,, when a truck regular truck with a 6 cyclender engine cost close too { 40,ooo } why do folks go the distance of broke too own such a pricey thing,,,, got too admit they have great benifits and pay scales i think ford workers getting around 24 dollars hour too start up too 28 an hour sign on bonus 5,000 just too sign up for work and make it one year,,, plus the 1500 quarterly bonus,,,if i lived close too one of these places i most like would work there too .....i have been in one union number 86 i think it was they might be o kay in other area`s of the world but the place i worked at {it was crap} only time a union was permitted on the work site with the {not too strike clause} go figure,,, and worked like a dog not too mention.....back too the coal miners deal,,,, the miners worked horrible conditions ,,,coal dust ,, air cleaners ,,,gas build up all for i think 2 bucks a day this was in the 1900`s they still strike ,,,but mostly for safety reasons or pay amendments i think { i`m not a professional on this subject ,,i just watch and read and the little time i was in the hell hole ,,,, but still begs the question ------------- why so dang high on prices ,,,,,,,,,, road taxes ,,, gas taxes usage ,,,tire taxes if ya can believe that,, tire taxes,,, destination charges,, when the dang auto is right out side the window,, what the helll,,,,,,,it s a real deal that`s for sure { my apologies if this strokes folks wrong,,look back too the 2007 year they {goverment} increased the minumum wages too 7,oo hour i think it was 5 going 50 cents till it hit the ceiling ,,,wasn`t long after the crash hit the markets,,,,,,,, when you move one bar --------they rest will follow suit,,,,,,,,,you hear folks saying just wipe away the national debt,, go back too zero and start clean,,,,,,,this would also mean goo back tooo 2,oo an hour jobs {in my opinion} all prices go backward,,,, would that make the difference we are looking for??? it seems too me this is or was a small snow ball starting down the hill no way too stop it now!!!!!! again sorry if this hits nerves!!!!!!

• Upvote 7

I have been looking around at the new cars........Then I remembered the speech where the Union president wants to " take all those S.O.B.'s "OUT"".......Well anyway, I decided that its either Ford of foreign for me.....So mister Union president, I am sure you know where the sun don't shine. Bend over, take a look up there and you will find all the GM and Chrysler cars that I would have bought, both now and, in the future....................

Average cost of annual Union Dues= $400

Average cost of a family sized GM car= $30,000

Price for the look on the Union President's face when seeing the light at the end of "that" tunnel?

PRICELESS

BWAAA HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

Gud stuff, robear!!! Gud stuff!cool.gif

• Upvote 3

I have been looking around at the new cars. Really like some of the GM cars and the Chryslers have great ratings. But wait! I remembered that Obama "GAVE" the

Unions large portions of both GM(@35%) and Chrysler(may eventually l own up to 55%). I looked it up on the internet to confirm. Hell, the unions were one of the biggest reasons for the financial problems of the US car manufacturers.

Then I remembered the speech where the Union president wants to " take all those S.O.B.'s "OUT"". I guess he means anyone who doesn't vote HIS way, or,

someone that he may consider wealthy(I sure would like to see his financial sheet). Either way I am either one of the SOB's or, soon will be.

Well anyway, I decided that its either Ford of foreign for me. I don't consider GM and Chrysler as a US automaker anymore. I consider them a Union

So mister Union president, I am sure you know where the sun don't shine. Bend over, take a look up there and you will find all the GM and Chrysler cars that I would have

bought, both now and, in the future.................... My one man campaign against American terrorism.

Im Half WongBot. Half RightBot. All DinarBot.

Edited by DinarBot

Go Ford all the way!!!! Raptor for me!!!!

QF

• Upvote 3

FOREIGN!!!!! Much better quality in craftsmanship and durability........take it from me....Ive worked on ALL of them for 8-9 years now

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

FOREIGN!!!!! Much better quality in craftsmanship and durability........take it from me....Ive worked on ALL of them for 8-9 years now

I always try to keep my money local ...

Area I live/work ... City ... State (TX) ... Country (USA)

We have alot of issues in this Country, but it is still my Country and I refuse to ship

any more money than I have to overseas. Of course, that's just me.

QF

• Upvote 8

We have alot of issues in this Country, but it is still my Country and I refuse to ship

QF

Understand your feelings Quantum. I used to feel the same (when living in a big union steel town). Now my view is

1. kind of similar with the original post

2. we are in a far more global world (I would almost bet everything that not all components in the most American made car are American made).

3. Most areas have Ford and foreign car dealers and machanics. These people have families and need to eat too.

I've driven Honda for almost 20 years now. Built in Ohio. Bought in my hometown. Worked on in my hometown. I'm looking at a Ford next. Just my :twocents:

QF

And you can keep it local....alot of foreign cars are actually produced/manufactured/assembled here.....

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

[I only drive foreign and ford vehicles. Isuzu trooper-380,000 miles, runs like a champ. Ford Mustang- 250,000 miles runs like new.

Bought a chevy truck- made it to 12,000 miles, blew engine, and the whole thing was cheaply made.

If you want a truck, Ford trucks are best in the world. My f150 is awesome. I will never in my life drive a chevy/GM ever again.

Edited by MrDinarman
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

And you can keep it local....alot of foreign cars are actually produced/manufactured/assembled here.....

Toyota factories in the United States

• Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky, Inc., (TMMK) is located in Georgetown. Engine manufacture - 2GR-FE and 2AR-FE. Vehicle manufacture and assembly - Camry, Hybrid Camry, Avalon and Venza.

• Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas, Inc (TMMTX) is located in San Antonio. Vehicle manufacture and assembly - Tundra & Tacoma.

• Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Inc. (TMMI) is located halfway between Princeton and Fort Branch. Vehicle manufacture and assembly - Sequoia, Sienna & Highlander.

• Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Inc. (TMMAL), is located in Huntsville. Engine manufacture 1GR-FE, 1UR-FE and 3UR-FE. Engines mostly for TMMTX and some TMMI.

• Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia, Inc. (TMMWV), is located in Buffalo. Engine manufacture 2GR-FE and 1AR-FE.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

FORD

FOUND

ON

ROAD

DEAD

THATS WHAT I GET TOLD FOR BUYING FORDS , BUT I STILL BUY FORDS

BUY A FORD

HELLS YEA... I drove chevy most of my life and back in 2003 I purchashed my first mustang and loved it, then in 2007 bought a new mustang and havent look back, I married in to a decendent of Henery Ford and it is all Ford all the time.. just lovin it. Ford was the only Big 3 automakers who didn't take a gov. bailout. and they are on top... support the USA no foreign autos...

F O R D

First On Race Day..... nuff said...

• Upvote 3

[ Hell, the unions were one of the biggest reasons for the financial problems of the US car manufacturers.

On Dec. 20, 2008, the Bush administration made a bailout loan to G.M. of $4 billion available Dec. 29, $5.4 billion on Jan. 16, 2009, and $4 billion on Feb. 17

DETROIT -- The President and CEO of Ford Motor Co. received a pay package valued at $26.5 million in 2010, up 48 percent from 2009, according to an analysis by The Associated Press.

Akerson, of course, is the CEO of General Motors, the former ward of the government that is now just a part-ward of the government. GM said today Akerson’s annualized target pay package is valued at $9 million.

Akerson was named CEO just on September 1, so he didn’t pull in that whole package for the year. GM valued his actual 2010 compensation at $2.53 million, reported Deal Journal colleague Sharon Terlep. That figure includes $1.77 million in stock awards and a $566,667 salary just by way of comparison, one of Akerson’s predecessors — former GM CEO Rick Wagoner Jr. — pulled down total pay valued at $14.4 million for 2007, before GM fell apart and needed an unprecedented taxpayer-supported trip through bankruptcy court

The highest-paid executive at Chrysler, Sergio Marchionne, who is head of both Chrysler and Italy's Fiat, is not affected by the pay restrictions because he receives his salary from Fiat. The pay czar's filing showed that the second-highest paid executive at Chrysler will receive $500,000 in cash salary this year and total compensation of $1.18 million.

yep sure looks like its all the unions fault

• Upvote 2

I've been working as a service advisor at a Ford dealership now for 9 years.

I was very proud of Ford when they did not take the bail out.

Ford's quaility has dramatically improved during my time there.

Yes, we had problems with the 6.0 and 6.4 International diesel engines in our trucks.

But Ford has really stepped it up with it's new 6.7 all Ford diesel engine, the new 5.0, and the Eco-boost 6cyl.

Check out this torture test on the Eco-Boost. It's a 6 part test, but here's the first 2. Go to YouTube for the remaining.

• Upvote 1

QF

A lot of the "foreign" manufacturers have state-side plants these days. Most of your money will stay local to pay for the labor and raw materials of the car you purchase, and even some of the profit will stay around to pay for plant expansions and advertising. These days, buying foreign is not quite so foreign.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Interesting.

When I'm faced with this type of dilemma, I write down the specif things that I'm looking for in a vehicle. Good gas mileage, safety, a front car seat that can lay back so I can put the moves on :P ...then I rank them from first to last...then I research what will best meet my needs/wants in a price range I can afford.

I believe in market forces making that perfect car somewhat available to me. Now if that car isn't American made, then you have to ask the question, why isn't it? Are my likes/desires so different than the next American consumer, and if they aren't, then shame on American companies for not being competitive. And if I DO purchase a foreign vendor's product, then that may help send the message to an American Car company on why people like me keep going to foreign vendors. Unions only work when they are in profitable companies, it the product ain't selling, then Unions will usually march in step because they don't want to lose jobs/wages. That's my :twocents:

• 2 weeks later...

I belong to a union, and not by choice. If I want to work I have to accept their legal extortion. I can't work unless I belong to the union, and I can't belong to the union unless I pay monthly dues. There are much better things I could be using my money for rather than supporting their left communist agenda.

• Upvote 1

First new car I ever owned, a dodge. Got it home and looked a little closer at the engine, mitsubishi.

After that I bought a nissan and got over 200,000 on it and would have gotten a lot more but I did not change my water hoses when I should have and it leaked some and replaced it with water, mistake. Rusted out the engine. Brother and sister got a ford, brothers engine locked up tiny bit over 100,000 after changing the oil on time every time, sisters timing belt went out at 100,000 and was going to cost 1200, dollars and she got rid of it. I bout a toyota this time because they were willing to deal a little more, good safty record, and then all the recalls hit and have had a stall problem from day 1 that is intermittant that they cant fix because its intermittent. And as far as private unions are concerned no problem. But public unions, I say dont feed them and they will go away like the cat at your door. They are sucking us dry, pentions and all.

• Upvote 2

I've been working as a service advisor at a Ford dealership now for 9 years.

I was very proud of Ford when they did not take the bail out.

Ford's quaility has dramatically improved during my time there.

Yes, we had problems with the 6.0 and 6.4 International diesel engines in our trucks.

But Ford has really stepped it up with it's new 6.7 all Ford diesel engine, the new 5.0, and the Eco-boost 6cyl.

Check out this torture test on the Eco-Boost. It's a 6 part test, but here's the first 2. Go to YouTube for the remaining.

I recently work at the same Ford dealer in the used dept. I was VERY suprised how great FORD is. !!

They are the ROCK of America !!

Keep... you are correct about cars being built in states, and salaries being paid, thus some monies staying in community; however, profit goes back to oversea's corporation

Yes there is money that goes back over seas but alot of that money is paid to the workers here in the US making those cars so you really are helping our economy no matter who you buy from nowadays....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1