Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hey Guys what about starting an old fashion remedies page for cures that work

Heavyduty053

Cold sore...fever blisers

L-lysine 1000mg. It an amino acid your body is lacking. As soon as you feel the tingle (itch) of a cold sore coming on start the l-lysine, continue take for a month minimum after a month or two, If it comes on again it should be less severe start up l-lysine and in time the outbbreak will diminish

Delta that is truly amazing :o

Think my top tip is Honey. As long as it is real Honey, mass produced Honey which has no pollen in it is useless.

If you are lucky enough to able to produce it yourself or buy from a very local source, it can rid you of many allergies, such as hayfever.

Only one benefit though, there are squillions :D

The health benefits of honey include the following:

Drinking%20Honey.jpgSweetener: Sugar can be substituted with honey in many food and drinks. Honey contains about 69% glucose and fructose enabling it to be used as a sweetener.

Energy Source: According to USDA, honey contains about 64 calories per tablespoon. Hence honey is also used by many as a source of energy. On the other hand, one tablespoon of sugar will give you about 15 calories. Further the carbohydrates in the honey can be easily converted into glucose by even the most sensitive stomachs. Hence it is very easy to digest honey.

Weight Loss: Though honey has more calories than sugar, honey when consumed with warm water helps in digesting the fat stored in your body. Similarly honey and lemon juice and honey and cinnamon help in reducing weight. Read more about benefits of honey in weight loss.

Improving Athletic Performance: Recent research has shown that honey is an excellent ergogenic aid and helps in boosting the performance of athletes. Honey facilitates in maintaining blood sugar levels, muscle recuperation and glycogen restoration after a workout.

Source of Vitamins and Minerals: Honey contains a variety of vitamins and minerals. The type of vitamins and minerals and their quantity depends on the type of flowers used for apiculture. Commonly, honey contains Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron. Check for the vitamin and mineral content in sugar from any source, you will find it to be either nil or miniscule.

Skin%20Care.jpgAntibacterial and Antifungal Properties: Honey has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and hence it can be used as a natural antiseptic.

Antioxidants: Honey contains nutraceuticals, which are effective in removing free radicals from our body. As a result, our body immunity is improved.

Skin Care with Milk and Honey: Milk and honey are often served together as both these ingredients help in getting a smooth soothing skin. Hence consuming milk and honey daily in the morning is a common practice in many countries.

Honey in Wound Management

Significant research is being carried out to study the benefits of honey in treating wounds. Nursing Standard provides some of these benefits in the document - The benefits of honey in wound management. These have been given below:

• Honey possesses antimicrobial properties.
  • It helps in promoting autolytic debridement.
  • It deodorizes malodorous wounds.
  • It speeds up the healing process by stimulating wound tissues.
  • It helps in initiating the healing process in dormant wounds.
  • Honey also helps in promoting moist wound healing.

Wound.jpgThe healing powers of honey are not hyped. The Waikato Honey Research Unit provides details about the world-wide research that is being carried out on the benefits of honey in medicine. Further, BBC reported in July, 2006 that doctors at the Christie Hospital in Didsbury, Manchester are planning to use honey for faster recovery of cancer patients after surgery. Such research will provide scientific evidence to the so-called beliefs held by honey lovers all over the world and help in propagating benefits of honey to more people.

Now that you know the benefits of honey, how do you eat it? You can eat it raw, add it it in water and different beverages and you can add it in several recipes also. Organic Facts has published an ebook on quick and easy honey recipes.

FOR THE HEART:

If you have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cloged arteries. Take 1 500mg tab/capsule each day of Niacin. Niacin is a supplement that naturally removes the plaque that may be contributing to your heart issues. it also helps your nervious system health, energy, metabolisim, heart health by removing plaque in the arteries and increasing a natural circulation of your blood. It is not a med.

WARNING: Many people including myself are sensitive to niacin. It gives you a burning sensation. For me it allowed me to experience what my wife was feeling with her hot flashes.

How to deal with the burn you ask? Take 1 81mg tab of aspirin, thats all. It should take away the burn, it did for me. To recap: take one 500 mg tab/capsule of FLUSH FREE NIACIN (Inositol Hexanicotinate) with one

81mg tab of asprin (baby asprin) daily. Go to any drug store for the niacin, or costco, or wal mart. Go to the 99 cent store for the 81mg baby asprin.

Great stuff!!!

However, I have not been to a doctor in years... yes years...

I use essential oils for EVERYTHING and they work... they are distilled from the lifeblood of the plants and their healing properties are endless. Essential oils date back to B.C.

Be sure to use therapeutic grade oils that are distilled at low temperatures. 99% of the oils sold on the market are cut with alcohols and fillers and are distilled at temperatures high enough to kill any life force left within the oil. The 1% you can place under a DarkField Microscope and actually see the life force of the oil oxygenated and moving... It's a beautiful thing...

I use several of my favorite oils to control my blood pressure, my migraines, pain; lower back; neck; carpel. etc...

People are using oils such as Sacred Frankincense to cure cancer, diabetes, Fibromyalgia, and a list of debilitating dis-eases.

God gave us all these plants for a purpose... think about it...

Stay healthy everybody! We can't enjoy our coming blessings if we're not well!

-RJM

Great idea... I do this as well. I break the pill in half to avoid the niacin flush though. just a thought. Furthermore, 500mg is really a lot. Most people get a niacin flush from 100mg. 75mg is sufficient even to avoid flush. What happens is, overdose reacts somewhat toxicly causing the blood vessels to dialate creating the not so fun sensation : ) Great call on the Vitamin B though!

FOR THE HEART:

If you have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cloged arteries. Take 1 500mg tab/capsule each day of Niacin. Niacin is a supplement that naturally removes the plaque that may be contributing to your heart issues. it also helps your nervious system health, energy, metabolisim, heart health by removing plaque in the arteries and increasing a natural circulation of your blood. It is not a med.

WARNING: Many people including myself are sensitive to niacin. It gives you a burning sensation. For me it allowed me to experience what my wife was feeling with her hot flashes.

How to deal with the burn you ask? Take 1 81mg tab of aspirin, thats all. It should take away the burn, it did for me. To recap: take one 500 mg tab/capsule of FLUSH FREE NIACIN (Inositol Hexanicotinate) with one

81mg tab of asprin (baby asprin) daily. Go to any drug store for the niacin, or costco, or wal mart. Go to the 99 cent store for the 81mg baby asprin.

Got Vodka...?

Treat Poison Ivy.

For many, one of the hazards of enjoying the great outdoors

is an encounter with poison ivy, oak or sumac. It can lead to

a nasty, long-lasting rash. Unfortunately, poison ivy is spreading,

thanks to global warming. To avoid the uncomfortable reaction,

immediately pour vodka on skin that has come into contact with

poison ivy, and the alcohol will wash away the itchy culprit,

urushiol oil. Some have said that the vodka needs to be at least

100 proof to work.Others have argued that straight rubbing alcohol

works better, but we're guessing you may not have that as

handy if you are on your average picnic.

Freshen Laundry.

The only people I know who like doing laundry have OCD.

If you find the task calming, that's great. But the rest of us

would prefer to wear clothes as much as possible without

having to count quarters or lug baskets up and down stairs.

You can keep your clothes smelling fresher with vodka — really!

Simply spritz your duds with the stuff, then hang to dry in a

well-ventilated area. (Do a spot-test first to be safe.)

Vodka kills odor-causing bacteria, but doesn't leave a scent when dry.

Shine Your Fixtures.It's easy to get your chrome, glass and porcelain fixtures shining

like the top of the Chrysler Building. Guess what does the trick?

Moisten a soft, clean cloth with vodka, then apply a little elbow grease.

Preserve Flowers.

If vodka can help you find love, then it can also help you preserve it —

or at least the symbols of it.Add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon

of sugar to the water in your flower vase. It should help keep your

flowers fresh longer. Change out the mixture with fresh ingredients daily.

Repel Insects.

Unless you are intent on proving how hard-core you are, or you have a

bizarre fetish, you probably don't enjoy getting feasted on by insects.

But you've read media reports questioning the safety of DEET-based

repellents, and you are pretty sure you don't want to take the risk of

spraying yourself in the face with poisonous bug killers.Who knew

that vodka can kill pesky insects, as well as nagging doubts at the bar?

Pour a little of the saucy spirit in a spray bottle and squirt on the little

buggers, or yourself as a repellent.

But please don't take aim at any beneficial bees!

Soothe Jellyfish Stings.

Jellyfish are fascinating, beautiful sea creatures. But their stingers can

pack a powerful, painful punch. For vegetarians and others who don't

travel with meat tenderizer (or who don't feel comfortable asking friends

to, um, relieve the pain), take heart. Vodka can also disinfect and

alleviate some of the bite of a jellyfish sting.

Get Great, Shiny Hair.Vodka doesn't just make you think people look prettier. It actually

can make people prettier. How?Try this remedy for healthier,

lush hair: Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo.

Clean Away Mold.

Got mold? The stuff spreads easily and can severely diminish indoor air quality.

Unless you are shacking up with the Crypt Keeper, who wants to look at those

grimy dark stains that build up on caulking (sometimes even on mold-resistant varieties)?

But instead of harsh chemical sprays, try filling a recycled spray bottle with

some bottom-shelf vodka.Spritz on, then let sit for 15 minutes.

Scrub away with an old toothbrush (please don't use your sister's).

Make a Soothing Lavender Tincture.

Do you find the scent of lavender soothing? Did you know that herbalists

have used it for generations to naturally ease aches and pains?

Here's a fun DIY tip:Fill a clean glass jar with fresh lavender flowers,

then top off with vodka. Seal the lid tightly and place in the sun for

three days (same idea as making sun tea!).Strain the resulting liquid

through a coffee filter, and poof! You have a homemade tincture to

rub into aches and pains. You can pour into smaller bottles,

decorate them and give them as unique gifts.

Ease a Toothache.

Got a toothache? Your first priority should be to see a dentist.

But sometimes you can't get an appointment right away, or the

professionals tell you it will just have to heal on its own. In that case,

try swishing a shot of vodka over the affected area. It can help disinfect,

and should numb some of the pain in your gums.

Just beware that your honey may accuse you of smelling like a saloon.

Edited by mrparrot
  • Upvote 1

Poison Ivy Dermatitis -

I teach wilderness survival skills classes which gets me near and in contact with poison ivy often. I used to keep a rash for most of the summer, but I no longer have a problem with it.

Poison ivy may be eaten in moderation to counter the allergic reaction that is the result for most people when they have had contact with the plant. Start with one small leaf when it comes up in the spring and do no more than one a week. Up the dosage if you experience contact dermatitis at any point. You can buy the pills to do the same thing, but the only active ingredient in them is extract of poison ivy so why pay for it?

To answer the most frequent question I receive from those who are not too polite to ask it when the subject of eating poison ivy comes up: I have never gotten dermatitis in interesting places after passing what I’ve eaten. :D

Most of my allergies are gone & I have been able to cut my medication in half & even get off of some of it since I got a fluoride filtration removal system. I also brush my teeth with baking soda instead of fluoride toothpaste. I feel much better. Results won't happen overnight. It may take months to rid the fluoride out of your body. This is the best investment I ever made.

• Upvote 2

This is a great thread thanks for starting it Heavy

I hate taking any knid of drugs ..... I dont even take anything for a headache .... water normally cures that

Here's one I got from my doctor ..... for an ear infection ..... use Vinegar .... yes normal vinegar. 2 to 3 drops in the affected ear twice a day and it should clear up in a couple of days, he even reckons its faster acting than any drugs he could prescribe and totaly harmless to you.

Now I'm not advocating self diagnosis as i'm guessing everyone else here isnt either and strongly recomend anybody to talk to their doctor before starting any course of treatment as we all react to things differently which I found out the hard way and trust me you dont wanna go down that road, I read an article before about Apple cider vinegar and how it has cured so many people from acid reflux and indigestion so I decided to give it a go ....... made it 10 time worse.

anyway I'm all good now

you can get some good tips and advice here http://earthclinic.com/

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 1

ONION

In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people there was this Doctor that visited the many farmers to see if he could help them combat the flu.

Many of the farmers and their family had contracted it and many died.

The doctor came upon this one farmer and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one and when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy.

Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser in AZ. She said that several years ago many of her employees were coming down with the flu and so were many of her customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions around in her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work.. (And no, she is not in the onion business.)

The moral of the story is, buy some onions and place them in bowls around your home. If you work at a desk, place one or two in your office or under your desk or even on top somewhere. Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.

If this helps you and your loved ones from getting sick, all the better. If you do get the flu, it just might be a mild case..

Whatever, what have you to lose? Just a few bucks on onions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now there is a P. S. to this for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who regularly contributes material to me on health issues. She replied with this most interesting experience about onions:

Weldon,thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmers story...but, I do know that I contacted pneumonia and needless to say I was very ill...I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion put one end on a fork and then place the forked end into an empty jar...placing the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be black in the

morning from the germs...sure enough it happened just like that...the onion was a mess and I began to feel better.

Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.

WOW everybody so much great stuff help me keep it coming or this post will fade out. There is so much more out there from people that can help everyone. Please everyone keep the info coming i am making a referral book of all this for my own reference....Thanks to everyone for contributing.

Another overlooked dietary supplement - Vitamin D

It's estimated that up to 75% of Americans have low vitamin D levels. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=vitamin-d-deficiency-united-states

Currents studies are showing there is link with Vitamin D to spinal conditions, immune system issues, COPD, depression and of course musculo-skelatal issues.

I'm personally takeing 4,000 UI a day as directed by my doctor. I had a blood test taken 2 years ago - and my levels were so low they didn't even register. I think increasing the levels for me has helped me with mental focus and I no longer have SAD as severly as I used to.

On the other hand - there is a toxicity level you have to watch out for. An excess of vitamin D causes abnormally high levels of calcium in the blood, which can eventually severely damage the bones, soft tissues, and kidneys. It is almost always caused by forms of vitamin D that require a doctor's prescription.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002561/

For itchy & flakey scalp, take a Q-tip, dip it in some apple cider vinegar. Part hair all over as if you were coloring your hair & run soaked Q-tip thru part. Do this once a week until scalp improves to your satifactory.

I know this works for bi-racial hair (thick, wavy & curly)