Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anti-Christmas Billboards Featuring Jesus, Santa & Satan

krome2ez

Atheist Group to Sponsor Anti-Christmas Billboards Featuring Jesus, Santa & Satan

Posted on November 16, 2011 by Conservative Byte

American Atheists announced Monday on their “No God Blog” a new billboard campaign in their continued effort in “laboring for the civil liberties of atheists,” but in reality just upsetting those who disagree with their theological stance. A press release for the American Atheists’ new holiday season billboard campaign reads:

“American Atheists announced today that their new billboard is going up in several locations nationwide, including the New Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel: the same location as last year’s famous ‘You KNOW it’s a MYTH’ billboard. The new billboard will also be going up in Ohio and Florida.

This year’s holiday season billboard features pictures of Neptune, Jesus, Santa Claus, and the Devil and says, ‘37 Million Americans know MYTHS when they see them. What do you see?’”

See the billboard here:

http://conservativebyte.com/2011/11/atheist-group-to-sponsor-anti-christmas-billboards-featuring-jesus-santa-satan/

Mmmmm... where's Mohamed and Buhda? :huh:

Why do these people go so far out their way to bash and taunt Christians?

Reference to Tiffany's previous posting on "why athiests are the most hated."

Well, here's another reason. <_<

• Upvote 6

Maybe if everyone stopped giving these idiots the attention they crave they would get bored & go home ....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, free speach and all that..

If you really believe in something or someone then other peoples opinions should not bother you.

just saying...

GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

• Upvote 4

Why does everyone know that it's wrong to be anti-Semetic but it's just fine, revered even, to be anti-Christian? The Nazis are considered by everyone to be evil. I don't understand this two sets of rules. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

The atheists need to make up their own symbols. Jesus and Satan are our symbols. They shouldn't be allowed to use them. It should be seen as hateful.

Moreover, if we [Christians] can't use Jesus at Christmas, mangers, Nativity scenes, then why can they?

• Upvote 3

Just for the record, neither Mohammad or Buddha believed themselves to be deities. Mohammad was a prophet and Buddha was an enlighten person, in their purest form, neither presided over any miracles. Technically, Buddhism isn't even considered a religion, as a religion requires a deity and possibly an afterlife, right? Buddha never spoke about a God and he believed in recantation but in a different form, and eventually Nirvana-non-existence.

I think Tiff's point was that Christians are so Anti-other beliefs, that others had to step up to show Christians how it feels to be a minority. I don't see this as a "hate crime". How many non-believers and Buddhist have been put in prison for burning down a Church, or cutting down people with gun fire inAmerica. There's no evidence that either of these two groups have ever committed acts of terror. (Pls don't try to bring up Stalin or Hitler as Atheist)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think atheists and nonbelievers feel more threatened by Christianity than any other religion because most of the other religions claim that all roads lead to God or what really counts is one's sincere attempt to do good. However, Jesus said the path that leads to eternal life is narrow and it is only accessed through Him. I think that exclusivity is what nonbelievers don't like. However, Jesus also said that His invitation is open to all or whomever. So Jesus does not exclude anyone from the invitation. He freely gives the gift of eternal life to anyone who asks, the problem is people refuse to believe it is that simple and think they must do something grand to be worthy. As humans we need to discard our pride and humble ourselves enough to recognize that we are lost without Jesus and only through Him can we have eternal life.

As we enter the Christmas season, I pray that all members of DV will give thanks that God cares so much about us that He gave us His Son so we could be restored to Him forever.

14mil - I just gave you a +1 to counter the -1 someone gave you. I don't believe anyone should get a neg just because their viewpoint differs. Negs should be reserved for those with hateful speech or those that are obviously stirring up the hornet's nest. A mutually respectful exchange of ideas is beneficial to both parties in that enlightenment and understanding can be obtained. BTW, I disagree with your post since there is evidence that members of ALL groups (nonbelievers, Buddhists, etc... including Christians) have committed crimes. We are all human and as such we are all sinners. That is why we need a savior and that Savior is Jesus.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You know they've been campaigning against us for years and anyone that reads their bible knew this would be happening towards the end and it's only gonna get worse. Just be sure to keep tending your own garden and keep praying for lost souls to find their way to the truth. We have to fight this like never before, you all are always in my prayers my DV family, believers and non believers I love you all. God bless you all in Jesus name.

• Upvote 2

Atheist Group to Sponsor Anti-Christmas Billboards Featuring Jesus, Santa & Satan

American Atheists announced Monday on their “No God Blog” a new billboard campaign in their continued effort in “laboring for the civil liberties of atheists,” but in reality just upsetting those who disagree with their theological stance. A press release for the American Atheists’ new holiday season billboard campaign reads:

I guess they believe themselves to be superior to the rest and since they have no tolerance, they attack for lack of respect. They answer to a higher power; THEMSELVES.

GOD BLESS THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO!

“American Atheists announced today that their new billboard is going up in several locations nationwide, including the New Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel: the same location as last year’s famous ‘You KNOW it’s a MYTH’ billboard. The new billboard will also be going up in Ohio and Florida.

This year’s holiday season billboard features pictures of Neptune, Jesus, Santa Claus, and the Devil and says, ‘37 Million Americans know MYTHS when they see them. What do you see?’”

See the billboard here:

http://conservativeb...us-santa-satan/

Just for the record, neither Mohammad or Buddha believed themselves to be deities. Mohammad was a prophet and Buddha was an enlighten person, in their purest form, neither presided over any miracles. Technically, Buddhism isn't even considered a religion, as a religion requires a deity and possibly an afterlife, right? Buddha never spoke about a God and he believed in recantation but in a different form, and eventually Nirvana-non-existence.

I think Tiff's point was that Christians are so Anti-other beliefs, that others had to step up to show Christians how it feels to be a minority. I don't see this as a "hate crime". How many non-believers and Buddhist have been put in prison for burning down a Church, or cutting down people with gun fire inAmerica. There's no evidence that either of these two groups have ever committed acts of terror. (Pls don't try to bring up Stalin or Hitler as Atheist)

While the billboards are obviously designed to spark outrage by Christian believers, I agree it doesn't qualify as a crime. Why attack any particular religion at all? I don't recall Christians attacking Atheists with billboards discrediting their unbelief. If so, then they shouldn't either.

Just because I say that I am a Christian, does that make me a Christian? I would never place Stalin or Hitler in the Category of Christian or Atheist or Buddhist. They were more in the category of animals in my opinion. No concience or moral decency displayed by them in there life of oppression.

The reference you made in your post makes me think that you believe Christians burned down Churches, and shot people in America, I would argue that anyone commiting such acts is no more a Christian than Atheist.

Just sayin. ;)

• Upvote 1

See the billboard here:

http://conservativebyte.com/2011/11/atheist-group-to-sponsor-anti-christmas-billboards-featuring-jesus-santa-satan/

Another Human Club with many members. Join yourself. Be Yourself. Humans in Family Form are Great. Peaceful You. Clubs are used For Bashing.

Bill/ems,

Please forgive me, as I can see where I may have misspoke. I agree that anyone that commits these type of hate crimes are not following Jesus or Buddha etc and are animals. Absolutely!

What I should have maybe pointed out instead is that Atheists and Buddhists have not committed terrorist acts in the name of their ideology. Now do both of these groups commit crimes as individuals, of course, but not in the name of their beliefs. Thank you for pointing out my failures to clarify this.

ems...first, thank you for being a gentleperson and pointing out that people of different beliefs can learn from one another. To be honest, I think that is 99% of the problem, we...the big WE as a culture seem to be unwilling to be open minded sometimes. As long as we respect other's opinions and agree to co-exist, then we will continue to evolve as a society.

However, I must ask for one point of clarification ems..you stated: most of the other religions claim that all roads lead to God or what really counts is one's sincere attempt to do good

I'm not sure if that is true, but...am willing to learn more. Hindu and Buddhism are so alien that I'm not sure one can really classify them in the same Abraham categories as: Jewish, Islam,& Christianity. Agreed, that they do rely on good deeds to go to another level, but it's unlike a Christian/Islamic Heaven, thus, I have a hard time comparing apples to apples. Secondly, Muslims would squarely fit in the realm of "if you don't believe what I believe, you aren't going to Heaven". And of course, they don't believe in the divinity of Christ.

I humbly maintain that the reasons Christians are picked on in American society is that Christians are the 800 lbs. Gorilla. Or as we say in the military, you offer a target rich environment.

Again, appreciate the opportunity to express my thoughts.

• Upvote 1

imo it's a very simple reason why atheists go after Christianity. In Matthew 12:25 Jesus said "a house divided against itself can not stand." Darkness is attracted to darkness, and hates the light. Jesus is the light of the world.

Islam is an anti Christian religion. As the saying goes the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Atheism and islam are both enemies of Christianity that's why they support one another. Islam rejects God having a Son, and rejects the divinity of Jesus. So atheism and islam are a house united, a house in darkness, but united none the less.

If they don't believe in any God they sure put all their energy on only one supposedly "nonexistent" God and that is Jesus. I mean really if no god's exist why don't they put all their hater energy on the flying spaghetti monster or fairy's in the garden instead of Jesus? Jesus sure arouses strong negative emotions in those groups which is really odd if He doesn't exist.

bottom line... "Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light".

• Upvote 1

imo it's a very simple reason why atheists go after Christianity. In Matthew 12:25 Jesus said "a house divided against itself can not stand." Darkness is attracted to darkness, and hates the light. Jesus is the light of the world.

Islam is an anti Christian religion. As the saying goes the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Atheism and islam are both enemies of Christianity that's why they support one another. Islam rejects God having a Son, and rejects the divinity of Jesus. So atheism and islam are a house united, a house in darkness, but united none the less.

If they don't believe in any God they sure put all their energy on only one supposedly "nonexistent" God and that is Jesus. I mean really if no god's exist why don't they put all their hater energy on the flying spaghetti monster or fairy's in the garden instead of Jesus? Jesus sure arouses strong negative emotions in those groups which is really odd if He doesn't exist.

bottom line... "Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light".

cranster...I find much of your post disturbing on a personal level. First of all, believe me Islam and Atheist are so far apart, that I think both groups would be insulted to be lumped into the same group. Islam extremists are Anti-Christian but I'd hesitate to classify all Muslims as anti-Christians. The people of Turkey get along swimmingly well with Westerns..and until lately even Jews.

For Christians in the group, I'd ask you, how often do you personally run into a person of a different faith? Especially a Muslim or an Atheist? My guess is rarely, so you only read about them in postings like this...and how often do their actions actually make a difference in your every day life? Again, my guess is seldom if ever. The only thing that ever really bothers you about them is when you read these types of postings.

However, if you are one of them living in this society, one in which the Bill of Rights stipulates that are to be no laws either for/against a certain religion, you would run into Christian ideology almost at every turn. Think about it, if you saw "In Allah we trust" on your money, won't you go berserk? So, if you "walk in their sandals" for a bit, perhaps you can understand why they do what they do.

Edited by 14Mil
  • Upvote 1

You know they've been campaigning against us for years and anyone that reads their bible knew this would be happening towards the end and it's only gonna get worse. Just be sure to keep tending your own garden and keep praying for lost souls to find their way to the truth. We have to fight this like never before, you all are always in my prayers my DV family, believers and non believers I love you all. God bless you all in Jesus name.

Amen. Just remember that what goes around comes around and just because you don't witness it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

• Upvote 1