Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It seems to be close...so what have you learned?

It is a very short post. Just a thread that you might or might not respond to. So, what have you learned in watching this for a week, a month, a year, or eight years? What have you learned about yourself?

I have dealt with anger, lies, emotional turmoil, been educated on investments, watched people act like scholars and idiots (sometimes me being one of the idiots,) and comical relief.

Personally, I have been involved since November of 2009. You all remember that night when the numbers changed. My Father called me and told me that all my bills and my house were paid for. LOL! Since then, I have some skin in the game, and continue to wait until this either flourishes or flops. I didn't sleep that night in November. There has been many nights that I have not slept. Now, I sleep just fine. So, I hope you all find peace and prosperity in this investment. I hope that it ends in a way that changes your lives positively...no matter what.

I learned to be okay with anything and everything. It took a while, but I think I am there.

Despain

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 1

Hi despain!

It sounds as if you sure have gone through plenty of ups and downs! I must say I have been in this mere months. I looked at it as kind od like a lottery ticket that you have no idea what the final amount will be until the day arrives. I do not have lots invested, I just bought what I could when all the bills were paid...then lost my job!

I wish I could have had more to invest but it is what it is!

As a short timer I still get exhilarated looking at the artices everyday to see if we are there! I can hope and wish and dream BIG dreams in the mean time! That is part of the value I give to my dinars! We all know this could play out so many different ways~but until THE day, I'm going to just enjoy the ride. ;) Just maybe it will end in gigantic fireworks!

• Upvote 3

Here's my list:

1. The dinar stayed at 1170 to 1 for 2 yrs & 2 mos I've been in it.

2. Grasping Iraq's news is like grasping sand running through your fingers.

3. The gurus need to be rounded up post rv and keel-hauled.

4. Never play possum with possum!

5. Expect the unexpected/Have a plan, plan to act (thanks Phoenix)

6. Patience.

7. DV folks are too coo!!!

8. I've got to party after this is done :lol

Last one: Smile, you're on candid camera!! (C'mon, I'm trying... :) )

• Upvote 5

I've been in this for close to a year, so I learned real fast not to believe most of the stuff you hear nuff said on that, i've learned to have patience on a long term investment and that this site is very addictive, lots of good people here, and also I learned how to do research for myself rather than believing everything you hear, so did I win the prize ?

• Upvote 2

Going on 8 years now. I never expected to "hit the lottery" on this speculation, just hoped I would make a nice return and maybe get out of debt. Didn't even think about it for several years, until about a year ago. I've learned that nobody knows when it will pop, and also that I love this site. Beside the delusional, the "know it all" buffoons who just like to hear themselves talk, there are some very well grounded informitive people here with great opinions. Years ago, I studied guitar with the most amazing player I have ever seen. He wrote a song called "Patience, Endurance, Reward." Beautiful tune, and title. PATIENCE, ENDURANCE, REWARD.

• Upvote 1

I have learned I have NO patience, lol, and I also learned that sometimes I am as naive as my husband always said I was....sshhh, don't tell him I acknowledged the fact!! I also learned more about economics, Iraqi politics and the middle east than I ever thought I would in my life. Thank you all for being part of my education, I have really enjoyed it!!

• Upvote 2

The initial " Its gonna RV tomorrow " from a family member, " so buy quick ", and the several months there after were kinda exciting, and now its just a

waiting game. Early on was sleepless nights and being anxious because of the unknown. Feel lucky to have been a part of DV and learn more about this stuff than the family member ever knew or could explain. Alot of people do amazing research here and pass it along to us. Hope it is close, GO RV tongue.gif

plus, the after party............cool.gif

Been in this since 6-09, and I've learned a lot about this country and Iraq. Learned a lot of history of money and who has it. Learned a lot about myself as far as patience, persaverance, and the fact that I still don't like research. I still do it though. Learned a lot of new words, and how to mispell them. People + & - can make me laugh. This is just a short list of the things I've learned. :)

• Upvote 1

i learned that perhaps the destination isn't as important as the journey...I think most of us have already benefited immensely from the unorthodox education we have received from those wiser and with value added information...we also have had an opportunity to meet new folks from many backgrounds and made numerous new friends in the process...we have been exposed to such a fantastic learning experience that it is inconceiveable that we would wish to back up and dumb down...may we all continue to learn and make new friends while we wait for whatever is to be...hurry up CBI :)

• Upvote 4

i learned that perhaps the destination isn't as important as the journey...I think most of us have already benefited immensely from the unorthodox education we have received from those wiser and with value added information...we also have had an opportunity to meet new folks from many backgrounds and made numerous new friends in the process...we have been exposed to such a fantastic learning experience that it is inconceiveable that we would wish to back up and dumb down...may we all continue to learn and make new friends while we wait for whatever is to be...hurry up CBI :)

Tandy,

that rocks !!! :twothumbs:

God bless you

:tiphat:

• Upvote 1

have learned if ya pospone meetings on economic woes ,,, you will get another meeting with a lot more food :o also if your a memeber of parliment your life span is cut in half!! with all the cramming of iraq idea`s and politics,, the time we have invested in this forum we could put into learning the american currency traders ,,,this site is good but has offshoots ,,, dinar`s and v,n,d,`s south korean wons,,, qatar rials,,,,

• Upvote 1

I'd like to echo many of the sentiments above and add only this. This investment (have been in about 8 months) has taught me to think more critically than I have ever had to before. With other investments there is reams of knowledge at your fingertips. With this one, not so much. You learn real quickly who to trust and who not to. That is why I love DV and the members here. Thank you Adam.

• Upvote 1

I have learned I have NO patience, lol, and I also learned that sometimes I am as naive as my husband always said I was....sshhh, don't tell him I acknowledged the fact!! I also learned more about economics, Iraqi politics and the middle east than I ever thought I would in my life. Thank you all for being part of my education, I have really enjoyed it!!

bamagirl... you are not alone! smile.gif (and yes... mums the word!)wink.gif

The initial " Its gonna RV tomorrow " from a family member, " so buy quick ", and the several months there after were kinda exciting, and now its just a

waiting game. Early on was sleepless nights and being anxious because of the unknown. Feel lucky to have been a part of DV and learn more about this stuff than the family member ever knew or could explain. Alot of people do amazing research here and pass it along to us. Hope it is close, GO RV tongue.gif

plus, the after party............cool.gif

I think you nailed my sentiments exactly littlefeet... so I won't do a repeat... thanks! wink.gif

Tandy, as always... you have a way with words, and you really hit the nail on the head! Good job my friend! biggrin.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 1

You sweet thing!! I want the destination, myself. . . . haha . . . just teasing you a bit.

But to explain--I've been in this now for 17 months, and I love meeting such great people here. I feel very included and people are all so good to each other, and to me. It is one of the pleasures of my daily life these days to come here and exchange ideas and learn from people who know much more than I do about modern-day Iraq. The only interest I had in Iraq prior to this investment was that it is truly the ancient kettle from in which current civilization was stirred and cast forth, and I love reading about the anthropology and archeology of that very early Iraq. New findings are being discovered there every few weeks, information which adds to our knowledge of humankind's most ancient ancestors. With 2012 and the end of the Mayan calendar, plus our new shift into the next World Age, it is fascinating to me that we are being led back to our beginnings after a 26,250 year sojourn around the universe. We are moving from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius, in real time, as we speak, so it is stunning that we have come full circle in this way, too. It has happened only five times before in the entire history of the earth. So I am simply thrilled to be a part of it, even if only because I am alive in such times. So for me personally, these are my interests, other than my daughters and grandchildren, who rank above all else in my life. I'm not greedy, not at all, although I do have many wonderful plans for my own life after the RV--but even more, for the lives of my daughters and grandchildren. However, my plans must all wait until after the RV because they all require financing, which means I can't do any of them until the money is in my bank account.

• Upvote 1

It is a very short post. Just a thread that you might or might not respond to. So, what have you learned in watching this for a week, a month, a year, or eight years? What have you learned about yourself?

I have dealt with anger, lies, emotional turmoil, been educated on investments, watched people act like scholars and idiots (sometimes me being one of the idiots,) and comical relief.

Personally, I have been involved since November of 2009. You all remember that night when the numbers changed. My Father called me and told me that all my bills and my house were paid for. LOL! Since then, I have some skin in the game, and continue to wait until this either flourishes or flops. I didn't sleep that night in November. There has been many nights that I have not slept. Now, I sleep just fine. So, I hope you all find peace and prosperity in this investment. I hope that it ends in a way that changes your lives positively...no matter what.

I learned to be okay with anything and everything. It took a while, but I think I am there.

Despain