Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

11/15/2011 Currency Auction - Iraq

Iraq would not be auctioning dinars just before an RV. In effect, giving away billions...

Announcement No. (2017)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 15-NOV-2011. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 24

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 223,076,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 223,076,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Yep - I know it is news but that wasn't my point. I honestly thought they were auctioning Dinars.

and for the question of my Newbie feelings: Ahahhh. I did not realize what was being auctioned ... duh. Many thanks to you all and I do stand corrected. Flame on! I posted a sincere question. Jeez, it's a wonder anyone every asks a question?!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Yep - I know it is news but that wasn't my point. I honestly thought they were auctioning Dinars.

and for the question of my Newbie feelings: Ahahhh. I did not realize what was being auctioned ... duh. Many thanks to you all and I do stand corrected. Flame on! I posted a sincere question. Jeez, it's a wonder anyone every asks a question?!

I ABSOLUTELY see why you would think that!

I am sorry that you are catching hell for asking a simple question. Honestly, some people are getting crankier the longer the RV takes, and see "newbies" as fresh meat. My advice..........

Enjoy the ride. Ask questions as you think of them (so that you can learn). I like to believe that there are far more helpful people than cranky on this site. We NEED to stick together and help eachother out! :wub:

• Upvote 7

DonH,

Never be afraid to ask questions!!

MOST of the time you will get a good answer from the good people on here at DV!!

For every 1 bad response you might get here you will get 5 good ones that are trying to help!

Go RV!!Bump

• Upvote 4

I ABSOLUTELY see why you would think that!

I am sorry that you are catching hell for asking a simple question. Honestly, some people are getting crankier the longer the RV takes, and see "newbies" as fresh meat. My advice..........

Enjoy the ride. Ask questions as you think of them (so that you can learn). I like to believe that there are far more helpful people than cranky on this site. We NEED to stick together and help eachother out! :wub:

This is why you're one of my favorites here. Gave you a plus. Very well said. To the original poster welcome to DV and don't be afraid to ask questions. Just don't ask me cause I probably don't know the answer. Just kidding. Well...not really. But there are some really astute and patient members here who can break this down for you. I would check out 20MillionDinar's post on currency auctions in the news section. The entire thread is really informative. Enjoy the ride!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This is why you're one of my favorites here. Gave you a plus. Very well said. To the original poster welcome to DV and don't be afraid to ask questions. Just don't ask me cause I probably don't know the answer. Just kidding. Well...not really. But there are some really astute and patient members here who can break this down for you. I would check out 20MillionDinar's post on currency auctions in the news section. The entire thread is really informative. Enjoy the ride!

Way to take a stand Canuk!! So were you just kidding about not knowing the answer, or just kidding about not not knowing the answer? My head hurts. Gonna go lie down now :lol:

• Upvote 2

DonH,the one thing I can tell you is that its not wise to ask questions on this site unless you've been given permission by the "all knowing" police. If you don't know your place they will for sure let you know. Don't worry dude they're like gnats, nothing a good spray won't cure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Way to take a stand Canuk!! So were you just kidding about not knowing the answer, or just kidding about not not knowing the answer? My head hurts. Gonna go lie down now :lol:

Lol!! I don't have any answers! I could put forth a well reasoned, lucid argument as to why the rate is 10 cents and another for why it's in the dollar range, and another why it's over two bucks! It just depends on what day you catch me. As Dalite wisely said in another thread: "at this point I could debate myself...and lose.". As for the date, no answers again! I am just full of no answers! Lol! Oh wait...I do have the answer to one question:

Question: will it Lop?

Canuklady: (unwavering) NO!

There! You can take that to the bank! Oh wait. No you can't. YET! :D

• Upvote 2