Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Need some advise from our DV members

Bumper64

Need some help!

I have been getting gout attacks for many years know but they seem to be getting worse and last longer each time! sad.gif

I would love to know some home remedies that REALLY work and work FAST at making these attacks and the pain go away!!

I take 3 different medications and still get regular attacks.

I have given up my beer angry.gif and have changed my diet but I still get these attacks every month!

I stay pretty stressed these days due to trying to keep my business running these days in this crappy economy and I know that stress is also a factor!

Thanks for any advise! smile.gif

Bump

• Upvote 2

Need some help!

I have been getting gout attacks for many years know but they seem to be getting worse and last longer each time! sad.gif

I would love to know some home remedies that REALLY work and work FAST at making these attacks and the pain go away!!

I take 3 different medications and still get regular attacks.

I have given up my beer angry.gif and have changed my diet but I still get these attacks every month!

I stay pretty stressed these days due to trying to keep my business running these days in this crappy economy and I know that stress is also a factor!

Thanks for any advise! smile.gif

Bump

1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day.

Old remedy...safe....and widely popular on the net

My brother swears by it

Good Luck

• Upvote 2

1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day.

Old remedy...safe....and widely popular on the net

My brother swears by it

Good Luck

my dad has gout never takes medicine drinks a big swallow of pickle juice evry morning sounds gross but it works for him

WOW!! I will have to try both! Thanks!! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

I got this from the Dr Oz site.

Method: Put raisins in a bowl and pour in enough gin to cover the raisins. Allow the gin to evaporate, which should take about 1 week. Place the moist raisins in a sealed jar and eat about 9 a day.

Verdict: It works! Drinking alcohol has been shown to cut the risks of developing rheumatoid arthritis in half. Gin is flavored by the juniper berry, which contains anti-inflammatory properties. Raisins contain ferulic acid, gentisic acid, and salicylic acid -- all natural pain relievers.

• Upvote 1

Ya, I get it too in my toes. My cousin also. He drinks the pickle juice and he says it helps him, I wonder about how healthy all the salt is though. I take the meds and the 800 mg of pain killer I think it was ibuprofin?

You might want to switch the beer for tiquilla with lime, that helps with the pain and less triglisorides.

• Upvote 1

Bumper64,

I do not have Gout but I am big into Herbal Remedies and learning/using the body's natural energy field for healing. I swear by Turmeric for MANY types of issues and would for Gout as well. It is a strong anti-inflammatory herb that will reduce your attacks. It is even effective against the Super Bug MERSA.

I dont know what medicines you are taking but I would check for any possible interactions with your pharmacist. There rarely are interactions with Turmeric.

Here is an excerpt:

How does it help gout?

Gout is a form of arthritis, called “gouty arthritis” and is closely related to rheumatoid arthritis. An ingredient in Turmeric called curcumin is the active ingredient that aids in gout pain relief, inflammation, and swelling.

Here are some of the things curcumin can do:

- Curcumin inhibits the production of prostaglandins which are related to pain.

- It is a potent anti-inflammatory and offers natural gout pain relief.

- It is a powerful antioxidant and reduces the inflammatory enzyme called COX-2. The inflammation that occurs when our white blood cells filght the monosodium oxate crystals is what leads to an attack of gout.

A 2006 study UA College of Medicine stated that curcumin works as an anti-arthritic, and completely inhibited the onset of rheumatoid arthritis in laboratory mice.

In another study at the University of Arizona, symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis were created in lab mice. They were treated with curcumin which was found to be an effective treatment in preventing joint inflammation and reducing joint swelling.

Curcumin causes the body’s adrenal gland to produce more of the body’s own cortisone, a powerful reliever of inflammation and pain, two of the worst symptoms during a gout attack.

Link:

http://goutcuresnow.com/gout-natural/turmeric/

• Upvote 1

Bumper, The doctor put me on some blood pressure medicine that made my feet swell terribly......I knew it had to be the meds. because it was the only medicine I was on and I had just started it.......like going into a few weeks..........when I went to the doctors he told me that I was getting older and needed to wear these special socks......I thought "hey I'm getting old but not that old". lol Anyway I went home and looked my medicine up on the computer and found out that 1 out of 10 people got swollen feet and legs from these meds. Now if I totally trusted everything my doctor said I would have been dealing with this for the last 2 years. I had him change my medicine and have had no problems since. It's good to do the research because it's your life and no one will watch over you like yourself.......except the Lord, of course. My mom had pain in her neck for years, going down her arm...it was very painful......I had her taken off of a well known cholesterol pill and the pain was gone. All those years and her doctor never even considered the pain was caused from that. Go figure! KM

• Upvote 1

You all are the BEST :)

I woke up this morning and my left knee was twice the size of my right knee and I can hardly put any pressure on my left foot.

I want to thank each and every one of you for helping me out!

I am looking forward to trying these remedies and also checking out the links that were given to me.

THANKS AGAIN

Bump

• Upvote 1

Allopurinol regularly every day and Colchicine for 2 days when there is an acute attack. Home remedies for this condition have not been effective..key allopurinol every single day and watch what you eat

I take the allopurinol every day, my doctor just proscribed the generic for colchicine for me. I don't have medical insurance and that is why He was trying to get me the generic brand as the (colchicine non- generic) was around $385.00. Wow!

Bump, I've been an Rn since 1977. If you are not taking Vitamin C supplements, try taking 1500 mg / day. Don't worry about overdosing on this vitamin. Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin and your body disposes what is not needed , every time you take a whizz..... PM me if you want or need any additional info or if you have any other questions or concerns..........TennesseeCherokee

Edited by TennesseeCherokee
  • Upvote 2

I take the allopurinol every day, my doctor just proscribed the generic for colchicine for me. I don't have medical insurance and that is why He was trying to get me the generic brand as the (colchicine non- generic) was around $385.00. Wow!

Bumper64, if you don't have medical insurance then you should use a free rx card that I give to people. Just print it and use it, you can save up to 75% off of your meds and pet meds. You can save up to 60% off of any lab and imaging work too.

Print the card from here or I can mail you a 14pt card stock business card style version.

Read about it and and click "Print Card".

http://www.freenationalrxcard.net/freerxcards/

How to use:

1. Print.

2. Show to pharmacists at places like Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid, etc...

3. Save up to 75% instantly at the counter.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Upvote 2

Method: Put raisins in a bowl and pour in enough gin to cover the raisins. Allow the gin to evaporate, which should take about 1 week. Place the moist raisins in a sealed jar and eat about 9 a day.

Verdict: It works! Drinking alcohol has been shown to cut the risks of developing rheumatoid arthritis in half. Gin is flavored by the juniper berry, which contains anti-inflammatory properties. Raisins contain ferulic acid, gentisic acid, and salicylic acid -- all natural pain relievers.

The key to the raisin/gin theory is not to eat too many of the raisins at one time.SERIOUS. This is a case where MORE is NOT better

• Upvote 1

Good find TDTS !!! My mom swears by this when the meds were not working...........Also heard that PORK products contribute to the inflammation and pain......Feel better BUMP, I have heard it is painful.

Cayenne peppers contain CAPZASIN(sp.?) a natural anti-inflammatory if you can stand the spice on your food

tongue.gif

• Upvote 1

Oh Bumper, sorry for your pain. I have heard this raisin and gin thing works..good luck!

• Upvote 1