Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Brick‏

moose 57

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street,

going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked

cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared.

Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door!

He slammed on the brakes and backed the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown. The angry

driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up

against a parked car shouting, 'What was that all about and who are you? Just what

the heck are you doing? That is a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why

did you do it?'

The young boy was apologetic. 'Please, mister....please, I'm sorry but I didn't

know what else to do,' He pleaded. 'I threw the brick because no one else would stop...' With tears

dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car. 'It's my

brother, ' he said 'He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him

up.'

Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, 'Would you please help

me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me.'

Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling

lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took

out a handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything

was going to be okay. 'Thank you and may God bless you,' the grateful child told the stranger. Too

shook up for words, the man simply watched the boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk

toward their home.

It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very

noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to

remind him of this message: 'Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to

get your attention!' God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have

time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's our choice to listen or not.

Thoughts for the Day:

- If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.

- If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.

- He sends you flowers every spring.

- He sends you a sunrise every morning Face it - He is crazy about you!

Send this to every 'beautiful person' you wish to bless.

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow,sun

without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the

way.

Read this line very slowly and let it sink in...

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

• Upvote 11

Thank you so much, Moose, for the lovely, and so true, thoughts. This is one that many of us won't soon forget. Francie

Frankie who?? ....I forget...no no, it was you saying you forget just today as you walked out the room. Hmmm this is definitely something special then!!

Nat King Cole wasn't it??....Unforgettable

'Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); ">

get your attention!' God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have

<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); ">

time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's our choice to listen or not.

... I have found 2 x 4's are a popular object used for thick headed folks... sad to say... like me at times!

unsure.gif

Oh that I would be quick to hear, and slower to speak! That would sure keep me out of a lot of jams!

Thanks for the reminder... always good to keep on point! wink.gif