Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How many Veterans & Active Duty on this site

Seabee

Veterans Day Survey  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Please check if you are a Vet, Active Military or Civilian

• WW II Vet
    • Korean War Vet
    • Viet Nam era Vet 1963 -1975
    • First Gulf War Vet
    • Current Iraq & Afghan Vet
    • Currently on Active Duty
    • I am a civilian
    • Cold War - 1976 - 1989

I voted for 'Nam although I am a dependent of my first husband U.S. Army, retired, disabled veteran (deceased), 21 yrs + 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne, Special Forces 5th Group.

Recently remarried U.S. Navy 'Nam, U. S. S. Safeguard ARS25.

My son is currently active U. S. Army (75th Ranger/SF 5th Group) currently HALO instructor.

Go ARMY, Go NAVY!!!!!! GO RV!!!!!!:lol:

• Upvote 1

I have had the honor to work on and with the finest men this country has for operators as an Army SF Doc. All of those who were a credit to themselves and their skilled service...

Army Rangers, Marine Force Recon, Navy Seals, Seabees, EOD, Air Force Pararescue, Combat Controllers, and Coasties..... I noticed the exchange of new Dinars with Saddam notes as a boots on the ground troop in the Sunni Triangle and the light bulb went off. I've lived long enough to retire and now wait for my retirement supplimental program to RV. There are no accidents in life.

I raise my glass to all those who gave some and raise respecfully higher to those who gave all. Hooah.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

My husband has been Army Reserves for 28 years. He has done 2 tours in Iraq, scheduled to go to Afghanistan in February and has done numerous home front duties (Katrina being one of them).

But me.....I am a civilian :) with a son who is going to basic in January for the Army.

Good luck to your son going into basic.. I'm sure he will be just fine.

Well lets see I was in the Air Force and my husband was in the Army and we both worked as contractors in Iraq. Does that count???

Well let's sneak that by. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

U.S. Air Force (hence the username Ex-wingnut) :D

Aerospace Grounds Equipment Mechanic

1985 - 1988 (3 years, 1 month due to early out)

1990 - Current: government contractor directly supporting the USAF

Early Happy Veteran's Day to all those who have served!!

I want to apologize. I should have also given a huge "THANK YOU" to all the families, friends and those we've never met personally who supported us along the way. Without your support some of us may have never served or even remained in service for as long as we did. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! Veteran's Day is a day for you as well. :tiphat:

• Upvote 5

This is a Great Thread. I knew there were many Vets and Active duty here, it is nice to know who you are and to have a chance to say "Thank You" from the bottom of my heart for all you have done and are doing for all of us. I am humbled to be part of such a good site with so many wonderful people.

tip_hat.gif

• Upvote 1

from 1980

20 years...

8 in the Army - Air Defense; IHAWK missle A 1/65th 11th BDE, Patriot missle; worked with Raytheon on integrations testing and final rollout, Combat Engineer; C Co 386th CE

12 in the Air Force - 272nd EIS; engineers. Too many places, too little time.....

Yup, a sucker for punishment.

Fish

(danged editor!!)

Edited by FishmanTx
  • Upvote 1

from 1980

20 years...

8 in the Army - Air Defense; IHAWK missle A 1/65th 11th BDE, Patriot missle; worked with Raytheon on integrations testing and final rollout, Combat Engineer; C Co 386th CE

12 in the Air Force - 272nd EIS; engineers. Too many places, too little time.....

Yup, a sucker for punishment.

Fish

(danged editor!!)

:lol:

I did it bass ackwards.

Air Force first, then went to the Army.

2 complete basic trainings as well.

Prior service didn't let me escape that.

• Upvote 1