Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How many Veterans & Active Duty on this site

Seabee

Veterans Day Survey  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Please check if you are a Vet, Active Military or Civilian

• WW II Vet
    • Korean War Vet
    • Viet Nam era Vet 1963 -1975
    • First Gulf War Vet
    • Current Iraq & Afghan Vet
    • Currently on Active Duty
    • I am a civilian
    • Cold War - 1976 - 1989

With Veterans Day just a couple of days away on November 11, I felt it appropriate to find out what the makeup of the DV.com group is. I have been on here for over two years and get a good sense of the Vet & Current Military and also the civilian sector. We owe our Veterans from WWII to the Viet Nam Era a big , big thank you. If things had been slightly different during WWII, one could only imagine what the world would be like today.

From the first Gulf War to the current War on Terror, The United States had to put on a completely different pair of gloves, however with the troops leaving Iraq now, the current group of Vets have had to pay dearly for their injuries and PSTD. Also, the number of deaths between Iraq and Afghanastan seem quiet high given the high tech war machine our military has at its disposal.

So with all the actions our Vets and current military have had to deal with in Iraq and Afghanistan, we at DV.com owe then a big Thank You. They have brought us to the edge of fruition.. Sometimes I think some of us tend to forget how we have gottten to this point after 7 years of fighting in Iraq. Terrorism is held back a little bit more because of our Vets and current military, anything else after that is a big plus.

Thank you to all of our Vets.

Please take the survey at the top of this posting and let everyone else know how you have shaped your part of America. You can even let everyone else know what unit you are or was in. If you was or are a civilian, don't worry, because not everyone could serve in the military.

• Upvote 8

Hey Seabee, you know a bit about me but I don't mind telling everyone that I served in the Navy from 1973 to 1981. My units were VQ-4 and HSL-34. My area of expertise was aviation electronics, hence people can refer to me as an airedale! (Navy slang for those who flew and supported Naval aircraft). I traveled to Norway, Scotland, England, Denmark, Portugal, Haiti, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas while in. Aircraft I worked on were EC-130's and SH-2F's.

What many people don't know is that I also proudly continued to serve my country as a space, defense, and intelligence community contractor for all those thirty years since.

With an RV coming soon (to a theatre near you! - sorry, couldn't resist) I will go into retirement for awhile once it happens and then find ways to further support our vets. Like finding out who is lobbying for them in their behalf instead of trying to take their benefits away and then stepping in myself to help in whatever ways I can.

Thanks for the thread Seabee! +1

• Upvote 4

Hey Seabee, you know a bit about me but I don't mind telling everyone that I served in the Navy from 1973 to 1981. My units were VQ-4 and HSL-34. My area of expertise was aviation electronics, hence people can refer to me as an airedale! (Navy slang for those who flew and supported Naval aircraft). I traveled to Norway, Scotland, England, Denmark, Portugal, Haiti, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas while in. Aircraft I worked on were EC-130's and SH-2F's.

What many people don't know is that I also proudly continued to serve my country as a space, defense, and intelligence community contractor for all those thirty years since.

With an RV coming soon (to a theatre near you! - sorry, couldn't resist) I will go into retirement for awhile once it happens and then find ways to further support our vets. Like finding out who is lobbying for them in their behalf instead of trying to take their benefits away and then stepping in myself to help in whatever ways I can.

Thanks for the thread Seabee! +1

Thanks for the plus. You should be really proud of all you have acomplished. I now have a son and daughter who are working for the military in Alaska. Now my daughter has orders to another ME country and it looks like something is up.

Keep up on that golf..

• Upvote 3

1970-1977 Aerospace Resque and Recovery service, 1978-1986 Ak Air Nation Guard crash rescue, 1986-1991 Ai Force Resever crash rescue, 1998-2007 Air Force Reserve readiness (disaster prep) for a total of 29 years 1month and 2 days but who ever counts. 2 1/2 years in South East Asia doing rescue of downed aircrew and who ever needed rescue and medical help.

SeaBee1972 a 1+ to you

• Upvote 2

27 Years in the British Army.

Which includes Northern Ireland, Falklands, First Gulf, Bosnia, Iraq for 26 months Afghanistan for 16 months straight, UN Cyprus and a lot of places around the world.

Does that count in your poll?

Go RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

• Upvote 7

Viet nam Vet USAF,

My #2 Son USMC, Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom, now a Blackhawk Crewchief staging for deployment to Afg.

My #4 Son USN Corpsman, Field Marines Force Ist Mrine Div, 2nd Bat, Golf Comp, Operation Ieaqi Freedom, 18 MediVacs.

Both combat veterans.

Semper Fi.

• Upvote 4

Hey all, forgot to say that in my Navy days I had been at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba two times for two months each during 1977 while with HSL-34 and two fast frigates, USS Vreeland and USS Joseph Hewes!!! At Gitmo I got to learn how big iguanas can actually get and snorkeled unbeknownst with barracudas lurking about. :o:blink::D

Go Navy! Go RV!

• Upvote 1