Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ex-Pentagon Deal-Maker Launches New Iraqi Fund

linky :twothumbs:

Ex-Pentagon Deal-Maker Launches New Iraqi Fund

Posted on 04 November 2011.

Bloomberg reports that Paul Brinkley (pictured), the former U.S. Defense Department official who sought to attract companies to Iraq and Afghanistan, has started an investment and advisory firm with backing from billionaire Hyatt chairman Thomas Pritzker.

Nawah LLC – short for North America Western Asia Holdings – will initially seek to invest in Iraqi companies while advising clients looking to do business in the country and throughout North Africa and Central Asia.

Brinkley, who left the Pentagon in July, is chief executive officer, with Pritzker serving as chairman.

The executives believe Iraq can be a stable and profitable country where industries such as energy and agriculture can thrive.

“There’s a point at which the private sector needs to come in and play its role,” Pritzker said in a telephone interview. “It’s potentially an elegant handoff between the government and business.”

Pritzker, who lives in Chicago, is chairman and CEO of the Pritzker Organization, the principal financial and investment adviser to various Pritzker family business interests. He is also executive chairman of Hyatt Hotels Corporation and chairman of Marmon Group, a holding company in which Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. bought a controlling stake in 2007.

He serves on the board of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Over his career, Pritzker has founded and played a central role in companies in a number of different industries. Pritzker is also active in a number of philanthropic organizations including chairing the Hyatt Foundation, which sponsors the Pritzker Architecture Prize.

Pritzker, 61, is the lead investor in the new firm. Nawah declined to disclose how much it will have available to put into deals.

At the Pentagon’s Task Force for Business & Stability Operations, Brinkley traveled extensively in Iraq beginning in 2006, eventually bringing more than 200 companies to the country. The visits, which included Honeywell International Chief Executive Officer David Cote and Boeing Co. CEO James McNerney, generated investment commitments of more than $5 billion, excluding oil-related deals, according to task force data.

As with their government work, Nawah is planning to set up shop in a region many companies actively avoid because they’re unconvinced that any financial rewards are worth the monetary and physical risk of operating in war-torn countries with fragile democracies.

“We see an honest opportunity where more risk-averse capital might not be willing to go,” Brinkley said. “It’s a patient view that creates long-term wealth for ourselves and our business partners.”

Brinkley, a former chief information officer for JDS Uniphase, retired as a deputy undersecretary of defense shortly after the departure of Secretary Robert Gates. While the task force was originally slated to move under the auspices of the State Department, the Pentagon, led by new Secretary Leon Panetta, successfully fought to keep it in its ranks.

Pritzker first met Brinkley as the task force was pitching to international hotel chains about opening in Iraq and later Afghanistan. Brinkley persuaded Pritzker to travel to Iraq twice and the pair subsequently went twice to Afghanistan, where Pritzker had first visited in the 1970s and again in 2004 with his wife.

While Hyatt hasn’t opened a hotel in Baghdad or Kabul, the two men became friends and when Brinkley left the government, he called Pritzker.

“I have a lot of confidence in this group,” Pritzker said. “It’s seen as a can-do team in terms of commercial development. Throughout the region, they have a great and well- deserved reputation for being reliable.”

Brinkley and Pritzker both said their success ultimately will depend on political stability in the region, and in the individual countries. Their work, if done right, may have a hand in helping create that, they said.

“There’s no opportunity like this in the world, given the political developments and the unleashing of human activity,” said Brinkley, who weighed returning to the tech sector after leaving the government. “It would be silly to walk away from it.”

(Sources: Bloomberg, Business Wire)

• Upvote 3

Ive been pondering opening an account, i am in no way a stock investor but any tips on what to invest in? anyone?

Thanks, LEXICON

i have a simple strategy. invest right now in the banks. as the economy booms, so will the banks. i recommend the bank that HSBC has purchased 70% ownership of - Dar es salam Investment Bank (BDSI) and Bank of Baghdad (BBOB).

then as soon as the telecommunication company ipo's (initial public offering) come available, ****** up as much as possible. they are speculated to double the isx over night.

also remember that purchasing dinar electronically has many advantages over holding hard currency dinar. i can explain if you like.

ps - my thread here explains how to get into the isx without paying a penny.

i have a simple strategy. invest right now in the banks. as the economy booms, so will the banks. i recommend the bank that HSBC has purchased 70% ownership of - Dar es salam Investment Bank (BDSI) and Bank of Baghdad (BBOB).

then as soon as the telecommunication company ipo's (initial public offering) come available, ****** up as much as possible. they are speculated to double the isx over night.

also remember that purchasing dinar electronically has many advantages over holding hard currency dinar. i can explain if you like.

Much appreciated info! I'm on it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey TX, been reading a lot of your posts today as I am just looking into ISX. Can you give me an idea on how much (ballpark) the bank stocks are going for? I'm trying to get an idea so I know how much of my physical dinar I want to diversify to the ISX. (Selling it and re-investing in ISX) I am a total rookie when it comes to stocks but I get what you are saying about getting in at the basement level now. I want in!

Thanks in advance,

mlay901 cool.gif

Hey TX, been reading a lot of your posts today as I am just looking into ISX. Can you give me an idea on how much (ballpark) the bank stocks are going for? I'm trying to get an idea so I know how much of my physical dinar I want to diversify to the ISX. (Selling it and re-investing in ISX) I am a total rookie when it comes to stocks but I get what you are saying about getting in at the basement level now. I want in!

Thanks in advance,

mlay901 cool.gif

my friend haymon is spot on. please note that the price he gave (.80 - 4.61 is in IQD). as far as charts and tools go, i use mubasher for trend analysis as well as iraqstockx

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have the information that TriEx linked to here?? The link seems to be broken. I sent him a PM but I would really like to start some of this tonight and I'm not sure he will respond in that amount of time or not. I will also submit a ticket for the error. Thanks in advance!

Mlay901

Does anyone have the information that TriEx linked to here?? The link seems to be broken. I sent him a PM but I would really like to start some of this tonight and I'm not sure he will respond in that amount of time or not. I will also submit a ticket for the error. Thanks in advance!

Mlay901

I had it cached:

TrinityeXchange user_popup.png

Group:

Members

07-September 11

dinar-verified.gif

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

sorry for the delay my friends. i am excited to let you all know the easiest way to get invested in the isx and without paying any fees; that's right i said for free! so listen hard and i will try not to leave out any steps. here are the 3-4 simple steps:

• Take your passport to a notary and have them produce a certified color copy
  • Fill out ISX application 1A(for individuals)
  • Fill out ISX application 2
  • * If the notary would only produce a black&white copy then you will scan a color copy to be added with the others

Scan all of this data and attach it to an email that you will send to: Mr. Hasan A.L.Abdul-Karim,CEO, Aljazera Brokerage Company

email address is: aljazeraco@gmail.com

Please reference me, WILLIAM, in you email to Mr. Abdul-Karim. No, I am not receiving any kick backs. No, I do not work for Aljazera Brokerage Company. I have received nothing more than a hearty thank you from Mr. Abdul-Karim for the references. I ask that you reference me because I have already established an understanding, through detailed emails, with Mr. Abdul-Karim on why I picked him, how I expect to be treated, and the benefit of "word of mouth advertising" he will receive if he continue to treat my friends the same way. Its that simple.

The reason why I prefer this firm is because a) he responds to people swiftly B) he speaks great english c) his clarity on what is improperly done and how to correct it d) his attention to customer service. I have found in my dealings with other brokers that most of them do not cherish customer service like we do here in the states, its just not a staple of their business practice(in my humble opinion). Well this guy has been nothing shy of stellar. This is all that I can validate concerning Aljazera Brokerage.... I know nothing else about this business except how I have been treated by others and how this company has treated me.

If you follow the steps I highlighted verbatim, you will pay no money at all to get setup on the ISX. Oh! notary fees, well there is a free way around that too. Go to your bank and request notary services. Most banks have a notary on staff and will provide this service free of charge for all of their members. So if you have a bank membership, you SHOULD have free notary services.

I hope I am not missing out anything but that's about it. Mr. Abdul-Karim will have your ISX account number in no time flat. Oh! One last thing. Some people may run into font issues with the ISX application forms where the Arabic doesn't come out right. You will have to install the Arabic font package into your version of Windows OS. If you need help with this just PM me.

be blessed my friends!

my friend haymon is spot on. please note that the price he gave (.80 - 4.61 is in IQD). as far as charts and tools go, i use mubasher for trend analysis as well as iraqstockx

Thanks to you both!

• Upvote 1

I had it cached:

TrinityeXchange user_popup.png

Group:

Members

07-September 11

dinar-verified.gif

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

sorry for the delay my friends. i am excited to let you all know the easiest way to get invested in the isx and without paying any fees; that's right i said for free! so listen hard and i will try not to leave out any steps. here are the 3-4 simple steps:

Thanks for all your kind help!!!!!

• Take your passport to a notary and have them produce a certified color copy
  • Fill out ISX application 1A(for individuals)
  • Fill out ISX application 2
  • * If the notary would only produce a black&white copy then you will scan a color copy to be added with the others

Scan all of this data and attach it to an email that you will send to: Mr. Hasan A.L.Abdul-Karim,CEO, Aljazera Brokerage Company

email address is: aljazeraco@gmail.com

Please reference me, WILLIAM, in you email to Mr. Abdul-Karim. No, I am not receiving any kick backs. No, I do not work for Aljazera Brokerage Company. I have received nothing more than a hearty thank you from Mr. Abdul-Karim for the references. I ask that you reference me because I have already established an understanding, through detailed emails, with Mr. Abdul-Karim on why I picked him, how I expect to be treated, and the benefit of "word of mouth advertising" he will receive if he continue to treat my friends the same way. Its that simple.

The reason why I prefer this firm is because a) he responds to people swiftly B) he speaks great english c) his clarity on what is improperly done and how to correct it d) his attention to customer service. I have found in my dealings with other brokers that most of them do not cherish customer service like we do here in the states, its just not a staple of their business practice(in my humble opinion). Well this guy has been nothing shy of stellar. This is all that I can validate concerning Aljazera Brokerage.... I know nothing else about this business except how I have been treated by others and how this company has treated me.

If you follow the steps I highlighted verbatim, you will pay no money at all to get setup on the ISX. Oh! notary fees, well there is a free way around that too. Go to your bank and request notary services. Most banks have a notary on staff and will provide this service free of charge for all of their members. So if you have a bank membership, you SHOULD have free notary services.

I hope I am not missing out anything but that's about it. Mr. Abdul-Karim will have your ISX account number in no time flat. Oh! One last thing. Some people may run into font issues with the ISX application forms where the Arabic doesn't come out right. You will have to install the Arabic font package into your version of Windows OS. If you need help with this just PM me.

be blessed my friends!

Thanks to you both!

Thanks for all your kind help mlay901!!!

So as a newbie here and to investing.. may be a dumb question but I gotta ask it.. how do you validate, know, believe etc that you are investing in legitimate, non criminal systems in Iraq? I realize, obviously, any investment is a risk and speculation.. but the non criminal thing is a huge sticking point with me.. I would be as leary here in our country as well just to be fair. Its a little scary..

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I an new to the ISX but not new to the investment of the dinar. As a Canadian do I also mail my documents to?

Arab American Chamber of Commerce

US Legalization

Attn: Arab Chamber Certification

1615 Bay Head Rd. Annapolis, MD 21409

Thank you so much Trinity for all your wonderful posts. I've been trying to educate myself and you have brought a wealth of knowledge to us.

Much appreciated info! I'm on it!

Hi Lexicon, as a fellow Canadian I was wondering if you have followed the same steps as the Americans and sent your documents to t this address? What was your outcome? I hope you don't mind me asking.

US Legalization

Hi Lexicon, as a fellow Canadian I was wondering if you have followed the same steps as the Americans and sent your documents to t this address? What was your outcome? I hope you don't mind me asking.

US Legalization

Goldiegirl, I think that you need to send your documents here:

Arab Canadian Chamber of Commerce

834 Yonge

Toronto, ON M4W 2H1

(416) 544-0399