Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Questions for Adam's chat 11-09-11

kcw

I'll just get it out of the way to save everyone the trouble....Is Thanksgiving really still looking positive for the RV or have you changed your mind due to any unforeseen circumstances? Can you elaborate on the reasons for your confidence of this date?

Also, do you see Parliament approving all of the important bills/laws immediately upon their return, or will they do their typical "will review in 2 weeks" delay on some of the bills? Thanks - always a pleasure....

• Upvote 7

I'm concerned about the possibility of the CBI imposing "cash-in windows" post RV where after a set time they won't accept 25K, 10K or 5K bills. I recall discussions about this where we were reassured that a currency can't be invalidated, only taken out of circulation (as was the USD $100,000 bill). I understand that Iraq is a sovereign state, but aren't there IMF rules for that sort of thing? And if the US has bizillions of dinar wouldn't it be a good bet they are of the "000" variety?

• Upvote 1

Hi Adam. I have been reading more and more about the dreaded LOP. I don't want to read into things too much, so I was wondering if at this point are you still anticipating there won't be a LOP and what are the possible chances of one. If they were to RD I thought it would make since to RV low and give you a time limit on cashing in at that rate before the notes are no longer valid because in that case everyone wins, but this could just be wishful thinking. Thanks.

Maybe I'm paranoid but it seems there have been many articles lately that to my interpretation say LOP. Most of these articles are about deleting the three zeros. Am I reading these wrong or does it seem more likely it will LOP and what are your feelings in terms of percentage of lop ro rv? Also what will Cisole be wearing when he flies?

Here little pink piggy piggy :eyebrows:

Adam, Respectfully why are the Guru's so far apart on the end game in their information and the delivery of information?

Mailman17 & Med need stop drawing the dinar holders with their child games. I know you are not engaging them, but how do we stay grounded as they are very visible on the boards?

What are the specific hold ups to this currency exchange rate change?

Thank you,

• Upvote 2

Maybe I'm paranoid but it seems there have been many articles lately that to my interpretation say LOP. Most of these articles are about deleting the three zeros. Am I reading these wrong or does it seem more likely it will LOP and what are your feelings in terms of percentage of lop ro rv? Also what will Cisole be wearing when he flies?

Here little pink piggy piggy :eyebrows:

Adam, I have the same question that cooked has. other than the Cisole question. B)

Thank you Adam!!

What is the single most driving "fact" that has you believing the IQD will RV? Members of this sight have all heard the multitude of theories such as.....The Plan, the natural resources they sit upon that the rest of the world needs, pride, history, the only reason the dinar tanked was because of Sadaams actions, and comparison to Kuiwait. We've also heard the opinions as to why it won't happen such as......too much dinar in circulation, not politically stable enough to conduct business, too much corruption, the power brokers don't want the people to have anything and the three major players can't get along with each other, not even for their own good! In your assessment there must be one hugely over-riding factor that makes this more of a real possibilty than a dream....what is it?

• Upvote 5

From where I sit I have not read that anything significant has happened in the last week to 10 days, nor do I expect to hear of anything significant in the next week to 10 days (nothing on the record anyway)...BUT after the Parliament returns on November 20, and on through the week I believe we may be on the very-fast-track. I hold the belief that US troops being clearly on the way out, yet still having some presence until early/mid-December, provides a bit of additional security and stability that would clearly be welcome during the RI/RV. IMHO

I suppose this is as good of a theory as any, and admittedly I am optimistic and hopeful. Any thoughts on this timeline or course of events?

Adam, as I understand the conditions in Iraq, the government subsidizes the costs of food for the Iraqi people. They are almost 100% if not completely 100% dependent on the government for their food. As this prevents the actual purchasing power problems of such a low exchange rate for the people when buying imports (such as food), would they need to stop subsidizing everyone's monthly food ration before they would consider a RV?

I think that the process of the government subsidizing prices really skews their inflation numbers (they should be much higher) and is a HUGE expense to Iraq. They could be using petrodollars to purchase the imports to help, but still, they would not be really looking at acccurate inflation numbers concerning their dinar.

Thank you

Hi Adam! I read Kaperoni's chats and for the last several weeks he has presented quotes from the World Bank and IMF from various articles and reports regarding Iraq's need to update their current investment and securities laws. Kap truly believes the updating of these laws is the key to the RV. When I read the articles and Kaperoni's interpretation, it's seems very compelling and logical. Yet, I don't hear of any other credible source even mentioning this. Everyone is all about HCL, Chap 7 etc... What is your opinion regarding the need for Iraq to re-write/update their investment and securities laws and how these could possibly relate to the RV?

Thanks so much for your time!

Adam, with Iraq having the wealth and wealth potential they have wouldn't it be cheating a little for them to LOP then RV? I can understand why a poorer country would have to LOP then slowly build up but I just can't see how it would be fair for Iraq to do it. Tell me I might be right please.....

Adam, with Iraq having the wealth and wealth potential they have wouldn't it be cheating a little for them to LOP then RV? I can understand why a poorer country would have to LOP then slowly build up but I just can't see how it would be fair for Iraq to do it. Tell me I might be right please.....

Sorry for the hijack, had to do it!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Please put your questions here for Wednesday 11-09-11 chat :)

If the RV occurs before the end of the year, wouldn't it be beneficial to wait until January to cash in, thus giving us a full year and a quarter before we have to pay taxes on the additional cash? If by good fortune the RV comes in around a dollar, some of us are going to be sitting on a large pile of cash that could be invested for the year and earning interest.