Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Could this de-rail the ID RV?

Luigi1

Bombing on the rise in Baghdad & other Iraqi regions. What impact will this have on the ID RV? Could this be a major setback? Your thoughts?

Iraq Deadly Blasts Hit Baghdad Market.

At least eight people have been killed by a series of blasts at a market in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, say reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15611116

• Upvote 3

I hope you are right. The Iraqis have a real shot at Democracy & a bright economic future. I hope they don't blow this opportunity.

I agree. I always thought this may be the reason they would want at least some of our troops there while they RV. They really don't have a lot of time though. At the same time I understand why many here feel it's a victory for them if they RV once we are completely gone. I notice that the more connected someone is to Iraq (boots on the ground, contractors, etc.) the more likely they are to take the position that it will happen in December or January or even much much later. Maybe it's because if you are witnessing the chaos outside of the Green Zone firsthand, you can't help but feel an RV is not imminent, whereas, from a safe distance, those of us who have no connection to the country other than holding IQD have the luxury of being much more optimistic. Let's hope they RV this month so that things can calm down. Thanks for the post Luigi.

• Upvote 4

The good part is that we hadn't heard anything that violent for quite some time ( that I know of or recall from tv news)..

Not the way it used to be in the past where you'd hear of such tragedies a few times a week....Hopefully it'll keep getting better ... One has to be optimistic.

• Upvote 3

I agree. I always thought this may be the reason they would want at least some of our troops there while they RV. They really don't have a lot of time though. At the same time I understand why many here feel it's a victory for them if they RV once we are completely gone. I notice that the more connected someone is to Iraq (boots on the ground, contractors, etc.) the more likely they are to take the position that it will happen in December or January or even much much later. Maybe it's because if you are witnessing the chaos outside of the Green Zone firsthand, you can't help but feel an RV is not imminent, whereas, from a safe distance, those of us who have no connection to the country other than holding IQD have the luxury of being much more optimistic. Let's hope they RV this month so that things can calm down. Thanks for the post Luigi.

I pray for this RV for the Iraqis 1st & foremost. They have been down & out for so long. Their gain is also our gain. This is about the Iraqis more so than us.

• Upvote 2

Bombing on the rise in Baghdad & other Iraqi regions. What impact will this have on the ID RV? Could this be a major setback? Your thoughts?

At least eight people have been killed by a series of blasts at a market in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, say reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-15611116

Dang.......was it RVing when the bomb blast happened? They must have hit the Iraqi RV bank just as they were bringing the low denoms out............ sounds like an inside job to meohmy.gif

This is exactly what the extremists are hoping for and Al-Sadr told his followers a couple of months back ( it was on the news, not just hear-say) to hold down the bombings and violence and do nothing to give the U.S. troops an excuse to stay, more recently he is now saying that the troops leaving is not enough and all Americans should leave Iraq. People keep saying Iraq has nothing to fear that the troops are just going a short distance away and that Iran would be afraid to invade but an invasion by Iran is not the problem, the real problem is the internal resistance to the democratic changes that have taken place and you can bet Iran will influence this resistance to a large degree. Smugly pointing to the troops in Kuwait and the naval forces at sea assurance that violence will not return to Iraq is being very naive because once they are out of Iraq it will be extremely difficult to return! While they certainly will be a deterrent to invasion from an outside force that's simply not the problem in the first place and we can bet our bottom dollar the U.S. is not going to go charging back in to quell an internal insurgency and get embroiled in the same mess we were in a few years ago. From what's happening now it seems the insurgents are so anxious they just can't wait and I fear what's happening now is just a small taste of what's about to come once these idiots no longer have the U.S. troops to fear. Sure the troops COULD go back in and stomp their butts again but honestly does anyone think Obama would recommit the forces once they are gone?

we have lots of money tied up in Iraq and so do many other countries now. Do you really think we are gonna let this all blow up after we fought for years i think its funny you guys think so negative and dont look at the glass half full its just amazing the way peopl'es mentality is. I to look at reality but you really have to take this all into consideration We will not let Iraq fail.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 5

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15611116

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+1 to you easy!!.... besides that, IMO with all the Industrial (oil) work thats been contracted out, it's safe to assume each of those companies have "contracted" out their own "security". Dont'cha think? :ph34r:

not to mention Haliburton and Blackwater

Edited by toric23
  • Upvote 1

we have lots of money tied up in Iraq and so do many other countries now. Do you really think we are gonna let this all blow up after we fought for years i think its funny you guys think so negative and dont look at the glass half full its just amazing the way peopl'es mentality is. I to look at reality but you really have to take this all into consideration We will not let Iraq fail.

I absolutely agree. And we won't be the only ones to support this view. The world is waiting for this moment, for Iraq to become a solid democratic nation smack in the middle of the Middle East, and there is far too much riding on this for those major forces throughout the world to back off now. I'm thinking the IMF, the World Bank, the Paris Club, the UN, and the big "world" bankers, et al, all those who are planning the "One World" changes. They won't allow Obama do to anything that will disrupt their plans. I think that's the "real" reality in this situation.

• Upvote 3

The Iraqis must have a viable and valuable currency. Whatever the terror groups want to do will not prevent the GOI in moving forward with economic plans. It may delay the departure of U.S. forces... I highly doubt it will delay Iraq in coming online with the rest of the world. B)

• Upvote 3

My thoughts on this is that bombings do make the news (my heart goes out to the victims) but I haven't noticed any claims were made in taking credit for the actions. This suggests very unorganized and likely that the culprits will be rooted out quickly by citizens AND law inforcement cooperation. Also...in regards to the investors worried about their securities...I seriously doubt it will be of any effect.

Private security as well as State security will certainly work hand in hand. Unorganized attacks will not likely produce a lack of investments from the big players. Private securities, also, will not count as a militia/military presence. JMHO

• Upvote 3

Iraq is always a powderkeg of violence. Will be for many years. The region is a mess. Wait until the Israelis attack Iran. Things are gonna get much worse. Sad but true.

And that is as sure to happen as the Dinar is going to RV! Maybe more so!

• Upvote 2

I wonder, on the other hand, if an RV won't have positive results bringing Iraqis a better standard of living. This would allow them to fund a proper police force and military to roust out the trouble makers. This would also give confidence to investors and industry.

• Upvote 1

In regards to the security agencies...I know a great many of them that are actually prior military/special forces/Marines. Your comment on good ol'Ollie...well, I had not seen that, actually. Is it supposed to be taken as a declaration the attacks were from a larger group? Or were you using his statement to lend credit to the possible "white washing" the issue has recieved from the press?

Thanks for a really great reply on this, DougsDinar. I still think they have much more intel on all this than we give them credit for. Not to belittle the situation (or Ollie's comments), like I previously tried to state, but to point out that if Iraq is on a cusp of success, perhaps giving a louder voice to these groups serves to benefit their desire to stall Iraq's progress...and cause greater fear than is "suggested".

The reality (Ollie suggests) is only natural, IMO, for families directly tied to being informants to authorities and might not reflect the unassociated Iraqi citizen:

Thousands of Iraqis who have helped U.S. forces with intelligence collection, civil affairs and translation services are desperately trying to get out of their country

Read more: http://dinarvets.com...0#ixzz1d4rWo2iK