Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Buying 10 De La Rue Machines

krmayo

These machines are definitely top of the line. They do everything with currency that the CBI will need done. Counting, banding or even shredding if they wish. Here are the specs on these machines:

Processing capability

Four model speeds available: (Maximum throughput figures)

Up to 72000 notes per hour

(1200 notes per minute)

Up to 90000 notes per hour

(1500 notes per minute)

Up to 108000 notes per hour

(1800 notes per minute)

Up to 120000 notes per hour

(2000 notes per minute)

Feeder Standard feeder up to 4000 notes

Vacuum design

Continuous feeding

Optional extended feeder up to 6000 notes

Optional cassette feeding

Operating modes Single denomination (with and without shredding)

Mixed denomination (with and without shredding)

Automated Commercial Deposit Processing

(ACDP) and Quick Deposit Processing (QDP™)

with Enterprise Cash Management (ECM™) software

Multiple user defined sort modes

Note destruction

Type On-line cross-cut shredder (optional)

Shred size 1mm x 10mm nominal

Security Dual key interlock, independent shred counter

Note output

Stacker/loose note pockets Up to 24 plus rejects

Strapper/bander pockets Up to 20

Strap capacity 50-125 banknotes

Strap printing Automatic printing of text

Reject pocket One standard, up to 2000 notes capacity

Configurable reject pockets to separate

suspects from mechanical rejects

Note destruction On-line shredder (optional)

Note size range Width: 57-100mm (2.24-3.93")

Length: 100-185mm (2.24-7.28")

Material Paper and polymer substrate including mixed mode

Note packaging Strap bundler, overwrapper (optional)

Detectors

Imaging detection system High-resolution reflective and transmissive cameras

Sequil™ colour imaging

Mechanical fitness

Soil, graffiti, stains

Serial number reading

Authenticity detectors Magnetics, infrared, fluorescence,

phosphorescence, conductivity

Special detectors Bank-supplied detectors

User interface display Full colour GUI

Security Multi-level user level role set-up

Optional Smart Card

Optional biometric access control

Connectivity Ethernet, XML data protocol

Language Multiple, selected from user profile

Operating conditions

Power 3-phase, 208V, 5 wire, 50/60Hz

Operating temperature 15-30°C (59-86°F)

Humidity 30-70% RH non-condensing

Power rating 9 kW

Approvals CE

Dimensions Length: 3810 mm (150”)

(Sample configuration Height: 1610 mm (64”)

based on DLR 7000 5/2) Depth: 910mm (36")

Weight: 1497kg, 3294 llbs

12 1/2 foot long, 5 foot tall, 3 foot deep and weighing 3,294 lbs. I guess you won't be seeing these setting on the bank counters.

• Upvote 3

The only thing that makes sense is the 15 million dollars that they are talking about in this article is 15 million dinar. As iraq refers to their own dinar as dollars.

CBI Purchase De La Rue Machines

Goto CBI.iq

Click on News and Announcements

Click on Direct Invitation No. (6D/2011)

Using Coin Mill conversion table : Coinmill comes to approximately : $13624.18 or around $1362.42 per machine.

I have seen them for as low as $1400 on the internet.

Here is a site for one at $1500.00 USD

http://www.alibaba.c..._De_La_Rue.html

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The only thing that makes sense is the 15 million dollars that they are talking about in this article is 15 million dinar. As iraq refers to their own dinar as dollars.

Goto CBI.iq

Using Coin Mill conversion table : Coinmill comes to approximately : $13624.18 or around $1362.42 per machine.

Good investigative work but highly unlikely. CBI is dealing with the country's entire volume of currency in circulation (see daily auctions). DinarBot doubts even a 100 x 1300 USD DLR machines could even keep up with that volume. All Humans are Great.

Edited by DinarBot
  • Upvote 1

Goto CBI.iq

Why are you converting dollars into dollars using the IQD exchange rate? :blink:

The document states the amount is $15.947 million dollars, not dinar.

We have to remember this is a central bank, they are not looking for items that your local branch or even regional bank would use. They would have a MUCH higher volume of currency to handle.

• Upvote 1

Goto CBI.iq

DinarBot sees Previous Tender specificaly describes" IQD" as the currency to reference when preparing deposit for bidding. Not Dollars.

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/Tenders3-En.pdf

The most recent Tender denotes "Dollars" as in "USD" .

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/Universal-1.en.pdf

Please advise Dinarbot as to location of IQD being referenced as "Dollars" in a Tender or anywhere for that matter. DinarBot thanks you in advance.

DinarBot sees Previous Tender specificaly describes" IQD" as the currency to reference when preparing deposit for bidding. Not Dollars.

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/Tenders3-En.pdf

The most recent Tender denotes "Dollars" as in "USD" .

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/Universal-1.en.pdf

Please advise Dinarbot as to location of IQD being referenced as "Dollars" in a Tender or anywhere for that matter. DinarBot thanks you in advance.

DinarBot error. "specifically"

Edited by DinarBot

This Tender is for the Central Bank of Iraq. Not like the machines at your your local Branch of Cheatums Savings and Wrecking. It will count all money coming in from every Iraqi Bank in the Country and Abroad. DogBless all Humans.

That's my cousin. I miss him. He can count like a Mo Fo.

You are soooooo funny!! I read this twice, and I'm still laughing. lololol Thanks for your delightful humor. Be sure you are well-oiled before you post anything else this funny. :D You need to keep your moving parts ready to go at a moment's notice. :lol::D:lol::P

SpeculatorsRide shows the size of one of these :

12 1/2 foot long, 5 foot tall, 3 foot deep and weighing 3,294 lbs. I guess you won't be seeing these setting on the bank counters.

Somehow I do not believe a highly specialized machine which is able to help protect a nation from counterfeit money and all the other bells and whistles, would cost only $1500.

The big price tag sounds more reasonable to me.

Goto CBI.iq

Oh, what sensible thinking, Traconesu02!! This makes sense now. Thank you!!!

If anybody would know about De La Rue 700 machines, it would be Dinarbot......I mean he is a a machine!

The 700 is a mean machine, it can count, it can trash, it can do it all. Unfortunately it cuts some jobs, but it is efficient.

Iraq is opening up for business, not just RV business, but foreign contractors from all over the world. The big boys are coming to town. In a nut shell Iraq is moving on up in a big way.

Things are happening......now I wonder do I really have enough dinar? :blink:

This is a better link for a video of the DLR 7000. This thing is pretty fast with lots of bells and whistles.

-

It appears we've lost touch with the original post which didn't list a model #,what the machines do or even if all the machines are the same model..

Delarue,and I'm sure you all know this,has a news/media section on their website which shows large gov't contracts....nothing about this on there as yet but I would suspect if the bid gets awarded they'll publish it and put all the speculation to rest.

It appears we've lost touch with the original post which didn't list a model #,what the machines do or even if all the machines are the same model..

Delarue,and I'm sure you all know this,has a news/media section on their website which shows large gov't contracts....nothing about this on there as yet but I would suspect if the bid gets awarded they'll publish it and put all the speculation to rest.

No they did not. But for the amount of money they paid for them, the machines definitely are not desk top models. They made it public, on their site. They paid big dinar/bucks for them, go figure.

No they did not. But for the amount of money they paid for them, the machines definitely are not desk top models. They made it public, on their site. They paid big dinar/bucks for them, go figure.

Agreed they're certainly not desktops....the reason for the post was simply the wild speculation as to what they do..must be printers and that's bad,must be sorters and that could be good or bad,might be shredders and that's really bad...

Then someone randomly selected a model and that became fact followed by pics,videos and spec sheets when in reality we have no idea what CBI purchased or why..

imho..

Agreed they're certainly not desktops....the reason for the post was simply the wild speculation as to what they do..must be printers and that's bad,must be sorters and that could be good or bad,might be shredders and that's really bad...

Then someone randomly selected a model and that became fact followed by pics,videos and spec sheets when in reality we have no idea what CBI purchased or why..

imho..

The DLR 7000 does everything except print. IMO, I believe the shredding is a GOOD thing because, if they RV, they will be bringing in the Large Notes, checking to make sure they're not counterfeit, reading serial numbers and recording the shredding of the note to keep it from being reintroduced into the system to be redeemed again. This is a hell of a machine, worth the $1.5 million each.

-

imho..

You are right about that. We do not know. There were ten of them. My understanding De La Rue does print currency, but I do not think they sell machines that do. That is my research.

The DLR 7000 does everything except print. IMO, I believe the shredding is a GOOD thing because, if they RV, they will be bringing in the Large Notes, checking to make sure they're not counterfeit, reading serial numbers and recording the shredding of the note to keep it from being reintroduced into the system to be redeemed again. This is a hell of a machine, worth the $1.5 million each.

-

And it may very well be the DLR 7000 but we have no way of knowing....as for the shredding, if memory serves, the poster had concerns that it could mean an RD where they might shred everything and again all I'm saying is while this is an important event for one reason or another we simply have gotten way ahead of ourselves..

And it may very well be the DLR 7000 but we have no way of knowing....as for the shredding, if memory serves, the poster had concerns that it could mean an RD where they might shred everything and again all I'm saying is while this is an important event for one reason or another we simply have gotten way ahead of ourselves..

It could that is a possibility, unfortunately but it could also mean an RV. All we know they bought the machines and everything after that is guess work. But they have something in mind what it is we will see.

One thing that I think has been overlooked here. The cost of the install and the cost of getting them to Iraq. Now I am not a logistic guy but I do see the cost of lost of items to our government to have things sent over seas. It is not cheap. So my thinking is a large part of this is the shipping and the install. Just my :twocents:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

One thing that I think has been overlooked here. The cost of the install and the cost of getting them to Iraq. Now I am not a logistic guy but I do see the cost of lost of items to our government to have things sent over seas. It is not cheap. So my thinking is a large part of this is the shipping and the install. Just my :twocents:

Good point...can't imagine why you were negged for that but gave you 1 to even it out...

• Upvote 1