Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Buying 10 De La Rue Machines

krmayo

Good point.

I do try, however, to point out that it's just my opinion unless it is factual. I usually check the 'most recent' list on CBI when checking daily auctions and noticed it.

I know, I wasn't trying to make it sound like I was critisizing you, I was being skeptical of CBI, you were just the carrier, and I still honor the golden rule of making sure not to shoot the messenger. So I apollogize if you felt like I was beating up on you. And thank you for bringing this new info to my attention. :D

Edited by Caducues
  • Upvote 1

That seems like a lot of money for a bill counting machine that can only verify the UV feature on the bills. I can do that with a uv light for $5.00.

True, but can you do that to 2000 notes per minute? I didn't think so...rolleyes.gif

True, but can you do that to 2000 notes per minute? I didn't think so...rolleyes.gif

Overall this would greatly reduce the costs of processing each note.

Plus is reads serial numbers. Imagine having the ability to know which serial numbers are outstanding, and how that would help with cutting down on counterfeiting.

-

I know, I wasn't trying to make it sound like I was critisizing you, I was being skeptical of CBI, you were just the carrier, and I still honor the golden rule of making sure not to shoot the messenger. So I apollogize if you felt like I was beating up on you. And thank you for bringing this new info to my attention. :D

Not at all. No apology necessary.

I did dig a bit more and, well, it doesn't help validate it much.

If you save the pdf and look at the properties you will notice that it was supposedly created July 9, 2009 (at 6:19am..early worker). To me, that is strange, unless the computer that did the scanning had the wrong system date (possible..we are talking about Iraq). One other fact I notice is that it was created using a Cano Scan LiDE 100. This is an extremely small, cheap scanner which appears to have been made prior to 2009 (which jives with the file creation date).

Anyway, that is about all the digging I know to do. Doesn't make it look any more legit though.

Edited by krmayo

If it's any help and don't quote me on this but I was at the bank a WHILE back and asked about the counting machines that they use there. Now she may have been joking but she said it was close to 10,000 she may have been joking but if that is the case then a machine that is much larger could be exponentially larger and much more expensive. I mean that DL7000 the link AQUADUDE found is the size of the counter at most of my local branches so it's possible we may be wrongly questioning the price also I don't think her 10,000 dollar machine verified if they were real just simply a counter

Would also justify why the CBI is cutting employees from like 2300 to 1600 to 500 or so I read not as many UV Light note checkers....Salehs nephew can check 500 notes per minute so I think his job is secure

If it's any help and don't quote me on this but I was at the bank a WHILE back and asked about the counting machines that they use there. Now she may have been joking but she said it was close to 10,000 she may have been joking but if that is the case then a machine that is much larger could be exponentially larger and much more expensive. I mean that DL7000 the link AQUADUDE found is the size of the counter at most of my local branches so it's possible we may be wrongly questioning the price also I don't think her 10,000 dollar machine verified if they were real just simply a counter

This Tender was (now closed) for the Central Bank of Iraq. Not like the machines at your your local Branch of Cheatums Savings and Wrecking. It will count all money coming in from every Iraqi Bank in the Country and Abroad. DogBless all Humans.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You have until late October 2011 to object to the purchase. See Below. 7 days from the 23rd of October. Good Luck. Tell them about your $5.00 RV light.

http://cbi.iq/documents/Universal-1.en.pdf

I second the motion!!!!!!

This Tender was (now closed) for the Central Bank of Iraq. Not like the machines at your your local Branch of Cheatums Savings and Wrecking. It will count all money coming in from every Iraqi Bank in the Country and Abroad. DogBless all Humans.

Yeah I was merely stating that cheatums machine was 10,000 the cbis machine will be more advanced and much more expensive.

Not unusual for such a complex device to be so expensive. This thing has to count and differentiate real from counterfeit notes at high speeds. This is definitely NOT a desktop model. Consider the volume of notes to be processed.

This looks like $1.6m worth of hardware and definitely requires installation.

De La Rue DLR 7000

Fish

Holy crap! Wow, I'm impressed! Well...I'm assuming that with parts, installation, warrantees, etc etc, I have no doubt this machine is NOT for printing money (which would be VERY bad for us), but rather to count money, which MAY be very good for us. Perhaps counting LARGE numbers of notes they obviously expect to have coming in, from other banks that have purchased the dinar perhaps?

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this will help. Maybe it will give a perspective.

Here is a link to a company that sells De La Rue machines. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see pricing for a DLR 8762 machine... Price is 349,950.00 (Price-Naira) in Nigerian Naira. If my math is correct this equates to only about $2,200 USD.

Not sure what machine De La Rue makes that would be over $1M USD.

http://www.advancedbusinesstechnologies.net/Banking.htm

Now I know the pdf mentioned "dollars" but what if it was something lost in the translation?

What if it was IQD, not USD??

Almost 1.6M IQD would exchange to almost $1400 USD...

Certainly there is a large volume of bills that will have to be processed in and around Baghdad but would they really need $15M USD in equipment??

A desktop De La Rue counting machine might cost less than $200 USD.

The CBI getting 10 desktop counters makes more sense to me...

Just a thought... What do you think??

Million dollar machine?

See my post on page 2. They need big gear to work over 27 trillion. You can't process that volume on desktop machines....

Aqua Dude found one that would fit the ticket.

.pdf"]My link

already posted page 2.

The one thing that really makes me wonder about some folks....

Links and info posted across 3 pages but nobody reads it and starts asking questions already answered 2-3 pages ago. Jeez, folks! Do any of you actually READ what's here or do you skip to the last page and start the whole discussion all over again? Folks here take the time to write it and inform you, how's about reading it?

Sorry for the negativity, but ya'll drive me nutz sometimes.

Ok let the bashing begin...... :blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I did some research a while back on what machines the local banks would be using (when we cashed in), and what I found was that the De LaRue counting machines used by local banks were about $150. But it was also just a counting machine that counted any currency and had no security verification.

Perhaps the contract is talking about a machine built for Iraq currency specifically, and has the ability to count and to verify the 6-7 security protection elements. You could not buy the printing machines for that much money, and you would not be doing it in 15 locations. The overhead, training, and overall cost would not pencil out, compared to having DLR print for you. Can you imagine having printing capabilities in Iraq. OMG. How many billions of dollars walked away on their own with an army guarding it?

at that price I can't see these being counting machines but are probably for printing money

The De La Rue machines are not just counting machines and they certainly do not print money.

They are verification machines. They verify authenticity of bank notes. Most bank notes. Not just the IQD.

So what seems to be a phenomenal amount of money for ten machines, is truly fustified.

:)

smee2

Million dollar machine?

See my post on page 2. They need big gear to work over 27 trillion. You can't process that volume on desktop machines....

already posted page 2.

The one thing that really makes me wonder about some folks....

Links and info posted across 3 pages but nobody reads it and starts asking questions already answered 2-3 pages ago. Jeez, folks! Do any of you actually READ what's here or do you skip to the last page and start the whole discussion all over again? Folks here take the time to write it and inform you, how's about reading it?

Sorry for the negativity, but ya'll drive me nutz sometimes.

Ok let the bashing begin...... :blink:

DinarBot Concurs.

The De La Rue machines are not just counting machines and they certainly do not print money.

They are verification machines. They verify authenticity of bank notes. Most bank notes. Not just the IQD.

So what seems to be a phenomenal amount of money for ten machines, is truly fustified.

:)

smee2

Fustified . DinarBot has added this term to it's already magnormous Hard Drive. "Swiss Codes" has been removed to make space for "Fustified" = Firmly Justified. Excellent Work human known as "smee2". New valid terms are few and far between. Your Tigers Blood is Fustified and Brewing.

Edited by DinarBot
  • Upvote 2

Not unusual for such a complex device to be so expensive. This thing has to count and differentiate real from counterfeit notes at high speeds. This is definitely NOT a desktop model. Consider the volume of notes to be processed.

This looks like $1.6m worth of hardware and definitely requires installation.

De La Rue DLR 7000

Fish

I went to the link FishmanTx posted. Then I clicked on the link Banknote destruction solutions on the bottom of that page. Interesting set up they have there.

• Upvote 1

Dinarbot, what's your opinion on it rving before thanksgiving?

Go RV

DinarBot Short Answer. Yes. US Debt must not be an election platform for upcoming competitors to President Obama. That variable must be removed in order for President Obama to be re-elected. Now is the time to begin the sequence. The machines are in place. Let the counting begin. All the Best to All Humans.

I went to the link FishmanTx posted. Then I clicked on the link Banknote destruction solutions on the bottom of that page. Interesting set up they have there.

It also makes a wonderful sausage. Dinarbot is missing 2 Cats and a Squirrel from Intel Petting Cave.

Edited by DinarBot