Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I'm writing my thesis on the RATE it will RV at...

Given the uncertaintity of the amount of dinar in circulation it is difficult to give a true number. If there are less than five trillion or so I could see maybe 1-1. If there really is thirty trillion out there I would imagine 10-20 cents. It's a difficult call without real data to work with. I also don't see how it could continue to rv again and again till it hits 3.40 or so. They want to get the dollar off the street but if there is a chance of continued increases who would let thier dinar go? So I hope 3.40 out of the gate but expect 1.00 and it stays there.

Here little pink oiggy piggy :eyebrows:

• Upvote 2

I'm saying 1:1, just cause I can!

Can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the knowlege on this site, quite frankly tieing all the info together makes my head spin, and I go find it a bit difficult to follow, but I BELIEVE and am thankful as I stated above for all the smartie pants on this site! :D

Am going to go with Blaqhawk on this one.......coming out with 2+.........to encourage the people of Iraq to use the dinar. As well as many other reasons.

Of course, affordable if using fractional banking.

If and when there is an RV.....seems to be in question at this time............thinking positive here....it WILL happen very soon!!!

Iraq is full of pride ,most certainly it will go up to make them a powerful player in the middle east,with time.

myst

• Upvote 1

I have no concrete idea of what will happen.

Assuming they won't lop. But remember it's the middle east.

I like the 1:1 rate idea. As it would be easy to switch from the Dollar currently being used. Then they could slowly raise it to higher levels as they see fit. Everyone would love Iraq and they could draw in the higher bills then revalue at a higher rate.

They may have painted themselves into a corner though by selling too much Dinar and could be forced to come out at a .10 Dollar level. But that may not be true due to modern money mechanics.

I think it will be around Kuwait. The basis is the long standing rivalry between the two countries. I do not see the ego of Iraq allowing its new status and currency to be much less than its long standing rival. It will be more than the dollar because ego of the Muslim religion vesus the non-Muslim world would not permit it to be lower than the US dollar.

• Upvote 5

Adam

Looking forward your thesis. I am thinking will go off at $1.25 to $1.50 The need an incentive to stop using the USD so they need to be a little more than $1.00 to stop using our money. Then within 3 to 6 months start increasing by this time next year will be at least another 1.00 to $2.50 and then within following year 2013 equal to the Kuwait money $3.69 They will have to be equal to Kuwait money for competition of the 2 ports next to each other. Believe by 2 years should have complete or amost with the ports. Sure hope I am correct.

• Upvote 2

I believe it will come out at $.387 (38.7 cents) and go up after the first of the year. The amount of dinar (30 trillion) is too much to come out with a bang. Once they pull the large notes in they can put out the new smaller currency and revalue at a much higher rate. This is with the assumption that there will be a window for us to cash in.

Have a great day!

• Upvote 1

I think it will be $2.22 for at least three reasons. 1.) they want to get all the US currency out of Iraqi hands as quickly as possible and use it as further reserve currency as they begin cashing in for investors. Iraqis won't be in a hurry to change out their US dollars for dinars unless they think there is a good reason to do it. 2.) No one will take them seriously unless their currency has a signficant value, although they may need to adjust it up or down soon after they RV. 3.) if they are going to have a signifcant global presence, they need a viable currency immediately at RV. They have a lot of masters, the IMF, World Bank, UN, WTO, etc. and they need to be able to do business quickly. There are already businesses standing in line just outside their door, and they need a currency that will allow them to use if productively in their negotiations. I would love to say in the $3 range, but I'm a coward. lol

I[/size

I like francie26 answer, wonder how much usd is in circulation over there..I'm with her $2.22..:)

When I was introduced to this investment by my neighbour, she said it should RV at 3.22 since that is what it was prior to it's fall. But I have since been educated somewhat and somewhere along the line I learned (was told?) that the 3.22 rate was made up by Saddam and really was not based on anything. This may be misinformation but I sort of stuck it in the brain box and let it become real for me.

So now, lo these many years later, after having palpitations the first time I read that it should RV at .10 to .30 ... still a little queasy feeling even thinking of that rate ... I have decided it will RV at about a dollar. One to one. Easy to convert in general and especially easy for Iraqis to work with (?). Well, it seems to make sense to me. But the main reason for believing in the 1 to 1 rate? Because I would like it that way. More is better of course, but I would be ecstatic with a 1 to 1 rate. So, there you have it ... reasoning by wish rather than by fact.

:)

smee2

Well basically an adjusted exchange rate is bsed on what the 2012 budget can reflect upon and what they can support. I have also believed for a very long time a 1 to 1 just like they have stated numerous times in articles to be at par with the USD and the people i have spoken with agree with the same philosophy. IMHO they will indeed RV this year about a month prior to what shabbs has said to raise the exchange rate by the start of their fiscal year which is jan. 2012 so they need to achieve this prior to that date this possibly could roll into beginning of December but i do believe it will go down this year for this purpose. So a 1 to 1 is what i am sticking to anything higher i wont complain.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

My anticipation is that the Iraq Dinar will eventually climb to the $3.00 + range, most likely settle in to coincide with Kuwait's rate, so as to not be outdone by anyone else in the region My only question and concern is how many months and/or years will it take to get us there.

It is my understanding no matter what the initial rate it will remain at that level for the first 90 days. And then most likely the market trends will take over from there.

My honest hope is that it will come out at 1:1 ratio or even better 2:1 ratio with that I am ready to cash in. Anything less I am prepared to wait .

Edited by cgbrown
  • Upvote 1

When I first started buying Dinar about 8 yrs ago I was told it might revalue at about 10 cents, I thought that was pretty good !!

Then I started reading the sites about 2 yrs, ago and was surprised to see how much the Guru's were saying :lol:

Now I say an RV of anything over $ 1.00 Just to make the Iraq's use their own currency :D

I truely wish , when the troops leave, there was a way they could take all the american dollars with them.

If they hate us so much, they shouldn't be allowed to use american currency :o

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Given the uncertaintity of the amount of dinar in circulation it is difficult to give a true number. If there are less than five trillion or so I could see maybe 1-1. If there really is thirty trillion out there I would imagine 10-20 cents. It's a difficult call without real data to work with. I also don't see how it could continue to rv again and again till it hits 3.40 or so. They want to get the dollar off the street but if there is a chance of continued increases who would let thier dinar go? So I hope 3.40 out of the gate but expect 1.00 and it stays there.

I still think 1:1 because that is what is called for in the plan........here is the link.....see page 14, but I shure wouldn't complain if it came out at 3.40:1 yeah!!!

http://www.gwu.edu/%...rastructure.pdf

• Upvote 1

I want to believe that it will be re-instated at it's previous rate of $3+. The guy who bought a house in the green zone in the year 2000 with a thirty year note is buying a 150000 dinar home in 2000. If the rate were to come out at 1 to 1 wouldn't that make that and every other investment in the country worth 66% less? Is the bank going to adjust the value of the home because the currency was re-valued? Is the house now only a 50 thousand dinar valuation? If he was making 1000 dinar per week in 2000 is he making 1 million dinar a week now to have the same buying power as he did in 2000? Is everyone in the country going to take a 66% reduction in pay? Coming out at anything less than the previous value would be a great loss of wealth for anyone who owns property or any investment in the country. For most of the persons in country it won't affect that much as they relied on a system of bartering instead of a cash transaction system. That being said, I have never been to Iraq and I skipped a couple of classes at Harvard Business School so I could be way off here.

Adam,

I hope your timing of your thesis is significant; my thought process is who holds the 10k and 25k bills. I believe they want the smaller denoms to equal the USD 1:1, but I do noy believe they want the large bills to have the 1:1 rate.

If they could pull it off I think they will call in the large denoms at .10 because that's what's on the streets everywhere and the lower denoms will be 1:1 to the USD

Why wouldn't they come out with a large rate say 3:1 and wrangle in those large notes? I know I would cash it all in at that rate. Just thinkin.

This is just what they don't want, everyone cashing in in a big way. They want a 1-1 open to draw in all the big notes. Maybe and I mean maybe later they may increase in value, but I think maybe after they introduce new currency and get all the big notes gone. They don't want a run on thier money.

• Upvote 4