Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A "Get Well" Thread For BETTYBOOP

Dear Elizabeth, I wish with all sincerity that you get well with the fastest recovery. May God's blessings see you return to complete health as fast as possible. You have treated me with the utmost care and kindness and I want you back soon! xx Paul

PS, I saved the best 'stories' for when we meet after the RV!

• Upvote 2

Dear Betty,

Thank you for your service to those who are hurting from mental illness. It takes a special person to do that work with real compassion for the fragile ones among us. May God's love and powerful healing surround you now as you recover. May it be a full recovery and soon. God bless.

• Upvote 1

CNN. Broadcasting With A Sad Clown Face From BettyBoop's Hospital In Scotland.

Most People At DV Know BettyBoop Since She Is A Popular Member Here. Some Folks Might Not Know That She Is A Nurse In The Acute Mental Health Admission Unit At A Hospital In Scotland.

Yesterday Her Sister Gillian Made 2 Posts On Another Popular Thread From Betty's Account.

(I will now attempt to copy them below)

Hello, I am Gillian. I am Elizabeth's. (Bettyboop) younger sister. I know she is a member here as she talked about you all often. Just posting via her login to let you all know that she was badly injured at work yesterday by a patient and is in hospital. It is bad and she is in ICU. Don' know when she will be back. If you wish to leave messages in her profile I will read then to her. Sorry top bring not such good news. Just thought you would like to know. Best wishes , Gillian

(End of 1st Post)

Hi , gillian here, thought you would like an up date. Elizabeth had a good night. They are hoping to start lifting the sedation a bit today to see how she goes. When well enough they think she will need a body brace for a while. The patient has damaged her spin but they think it will be ok .....given time. We have everything crossed. I awe are each others best friends and I know that even after the RV she had no plans top retire. Hope she isn't forced to. My husband and I are also psychiartic nurses and we do not intend to retire either post RV. Elizabeth is an exceptional nurse and most of what I know I have learned from her. Once she is well enough the hard part for us will be stopping her doing to much too soon and the fact she won't be able to go to work, possibly till after christmas will truely drive her insane. Thanks for all your good wishes I will tell her about them tonight. .......no allowed phones in ICU but once she moves to a general ward she will be able to read them for herself. I will try to get back to you all this evening to let you know how her day has been. Her phone has never stopped with people from work wanting to know about her. Thanks again. I know if she was here you would have made the 5000 posts last night keep going and don'( be sad for too long. She would not want that. Besides when she comes back I think it would be good if there was complete mayhem for her to laugh at. Best wishes , Gillian.

(End of 2nd Post)

We Love You Betty ! Or As Boop Would Say - We "Wub" You Betty !

Here's Your "DV Style" GET WELL CARD !!

So sorry to hear this news. We will pray for you and believe that you will completely recover and be blessed for your love for mentally challenged people. Lord bless, Redrock

• Upvote 1

DV members are awesome Elizabeth! We all wish you the best of health and a complete recovery. It saddens me that someone you were trying to help, would hurt you. :(

I think the world of you, for what you do every day.

Blessings Liz

Get well soon, or else! :lol:

Your DV friends

By the way BettyBoop, nice gams :lol::P

• Upvote 2

I am so sorry to read this newest report telling us how drastic your injuries were. You must be a wonderful psych nurse--during the time I've watched you here, I have seen you do amazing things with people, lifting their hearts, making all of them laugh, and keeping everyone of them alert and alive with sheer fun. I would love to be able to do that, but yours is an extremely very rare skill, and that includes your good heart and delightful humor. I pray you heal and come back to us soon. You truly are a rare soul whose families need you, both your family there and us, your DV family. God bless you, Elizabeth! May you heal quickly!!

Francie26

• Upvote 2

Hey Bettyboop,

Just read this a.m. about your encounter and hospital stay. Know that you have a great many people who are "holding your hand" during this trying situation. I am praying that God will work through the doctors and nurses at hospital to bring about your speedy recovery.

Stay positive, be a smart patient and don't out diagnosis the staff, and give full recovery time.

Again, you are being prayed for on a daily basis.

• Upvote 1

Hi Betty,

While we are momentarily subdued by the latest report we know you have a fighting spirit and can dig deep and do more than the medical staff require of you. We are barracking and praying for your full recovery. You'll have to amend the avatar to show a smiling more subdued BB who will be back to the group that loves and longs to support you in anyway we can. Take good care of you...

Fly

• Upvote 2

Betty Boop.... you being one who we can tell loves life, so much that it spills out here on us here at DV, we are so sorry to hear about your injuries, it grieves our hearts to see such a wonderful lady as yourself suffering. Yes, we love your being here, wouldn't want it any other way! BUT, and hear me out dear... you know what it will take to get yourself back in the saddle and fully recovered... we don't need to tell you that. Please, PLEASE... treat yourself like you treat your best patients... let yourself be fussed over, and give yourself the time it takes to heal up 100%! Your patients need you, we need you, but you know what it takes to give the level of service that your patients require... do yourself... and us, the favor of some "me time"... enough to heal up! I know this down time it may tend to drive you crazy, but maybe it is an opportunity to do some introspection, pick up a good book, or catch up on some overlooked personal interests that you were just too busy to enjoy.... use that amazing creativity of yours and I know you will come out of this in even better shape than you ever imagined!

We luv ya dear, we will miss you, and we really look forward to you being back to what you enjoy doing, and hanging out with crazies like us! wink.gif We will always save you a seat dear!emot-woot.gifTake care and God Bless! smile.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 2