Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A "Get Well" Thread For BETTYBOOP

Hi everyone just to keep you in the loop here is the latest report from Gillian. This is fantastic news!!

Posted Today, 09:52 AM

Hi all,

Well we have some very, very good news! We are all so pleased and excited here across the water! They took lizzie off the ventilator for 2 hours this morning and she was fine. Have reduced her sedation again to day, and that also went well. The main reason for the ventilator is to allow the swelling to reduce on her throat where the patient had a good attempt to strangle her. However, as you may have gathered by now my sister is fiesty and she fought back. We are all trained in control and restraint and breakaway techniques and lizzie at the start of her career, almost fifteen years ago, worked in H.M.P. Barlinnie. (Prison) she is used to working with some really dangerous people and although this may sound strange she actually likes these people !! Neither my husband or I would op for that side of nursing but lizzie thrives on it and in her speciality of substance misuse. The M.R.I found nothing and I am not sure about even a brain. LOL! In fact when we went in at visiting this evening and my father and two brothers asked her if they had found a brain she was awake enough to tell them to go sit and spin !! Obviously she is perfectly fine under the drugs that they have her on !! . She even managed to smile. I told her about all your good wishes and about the D.V. Get well thread. She looked at me, rolled her eyes and gestured that you are all mad, in a good and nice way but it did make her smile. I told her I would tell you all she is missing you all like crazy and thinking of you all. She nodded in agreement and I then said will I tell them anything else? She was able to talk with some difficulty and the message is NO R.V PARTY WITHOUT HER. This afternoon they took her off the ventilator for 3 hours and she was great. Very tired and sore but otherwise the doctors are hopeful of no lasting damage. She also appears to have normal reflexes in her legs and feet so they are going to continue to check them daily and hopefully the body brace will only be needed for a short time or maybe not at all. GO R.V. But better still......GO MY SISTER !!!!

Gillian.

P. S. Hope this cheers you all up. Thank you so much for all the good wishes. God help some of you when she is able to post again. You all know who you are.

SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS AWESOME NEWS.......She's always in my heart and on my mind.........Please hug her on my ( all of us, really) behalf.

You do realize she is fully trained in restraint techinques...

She's full of surprises and full of resources... Very intelligent, witty and super-funny Lady.

• Upvote 1

Well Betty, it looks as though I'm going to have to put on my nurses uniform again. I know, I know, it makes my butt look big, but anything for you. Now you're going to HAVE to get well soon, cause if I wear it too long it will give me a rash. So get well soon, huh? You are missed around here.

post-35181-131957573102_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

This just came through from Betty's younger bro Craig...steady progress is being made...good news!!

Hi everyone, I am Craig, on of liz's younger brothers. Gill having a night off and an early night. Anyway, don't think they found a brain just a black hole. She has had another good day. Off the ventilator most of the day. Putting her back on overnight and all going well she will come off it completely the morro sedation lifted a bit more today but she is still a bit drowsy coz of the morphine. She says it's great stuff. Going to scan her spin again tomorrow and if all ok the physios are coming in the afternoon to do some work with her. Liz said I have to tell you all , "Jeeeeez this is darn painful ! She thinks a gentle massage from somebody called "mack" ? Would sort it. ". Also I have to ask, Umbertino, ? If he could post her some music by the soldiers and il divo so that when she gets to a general ward she can listen to it. She can move her legs with little problem except her bruises hurt but they are mostly beginning to fade. We see progress every day. Otherwise she is just real tired and missing work and all of you guys and her nieces and nephews. Hope this is good news for you all. Flyhi. Gill said she will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for all the good wishes and support. Craig.

• Upvote 4

She has a delightful wicked sense of humour and I was only assisting/provocking her to retort in her own good time....which rest assuredly she will....I'm ready for whatever punishment she chooses to mete out ;)

Laughing, just hope she gets better.

This just came through from Betty's younger bro Craig...steady progress is being made...good news!!

Hi everyone, I am Craig, on of liz's younger brothers. Gill having a night off and an early night. Anyway, don't think they found a brain just a black hole. She has had another good day. Off the ventilator most of the day. Putting her back on overnight and all going well she will come off it completely the morro sedation lifted a bit more today but she is still a bit drowsy coz of the morphine. She says it's great stuff. Going to scan her spin again tomorrow and if all ok the physios are coming in the afternoon to do some work with her. Liz said I have to tell you all , "Jeeeeez this is darn painful ! She thinks a gentle massage from somebody called "mack" ? Would sort it. ". Also I have to ask, Umbertino, ? If he could post her some music by the soldiers and il divo so that when she gets to a general ward she can listen to it. She can move her legs with little problem except her bruises hurt but they are mostly beginning to fade. We see progress every day. Otherwise she is just real tired and missing work and all of you guys and her nieces and nephews. Hope this is good news for you all. Flyhi. Gill said she will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for all the good wishes and support. Craig.

Fantastic news Craig !

• Upvote 2

Also I have to ask, Umbertino, ? If he could post her some music by the soldiers and il divo so that when she gets to a general ward she can listen to it.

End Quote

Craig....First of all...I'm happy she's making further progress.... She's wonderful and very strong... I'm counting on that for her total recovery in a fairly quick period of time....

Ok, now....I'm willing ( obviously) to do anything she asks of me...But I need some directions here......

1) What do you ( she) mean by "music by the Soldiers"? Like Scottish Military March Music? I'd like to be sure ..

2)"Il Divo" ? Meaning someone famous ? Maybe she means Luciano Pavarotti? Any help in clearing these points would be appreciated so I can be sure to deliver the music she really wants.....Thanks and a big hug to her.

• Upvote 1

Also I have to ask, Umbertino, ? If he could post her some music by the soldiers and il divo so that when she gets to a general ward she can listen to it.

End Quote

Craig....First of all...I'm happy she's making further progress.... She's wonderful and very strong... I'm counting on that for her total recovery in a fairly quick period of time....

Ok, now....I'm willing ( obviously) to do anything she asks of me...But I need some directions here......

1) What do you ( she) mean by "music by the Soldiers"? Like Scottish Military March Music? I'd like to be sure ..

2)"Il Divo" ? Meaning someone famous ? Maybe she means Luciano Pavarotti? Any help in clearing these points would be appreciated so I can be sure to deliver the music she really wants.....Thanks and a big hug to her.

I sent your request to the family and here is their response:

Hi to you all , peter I am sure you will share this info. Yes she loves any classical music. If umbertino puts "the soldiers " in to a search engine he should find that they are 3 british serving soldiers who'S albums include the title "coming home". If he does the same for "Il divo" he should find it is a group of four young men from spain, america,switzerland ans france I think. One of their albums is called " Ancora". Hope this helps. Lynn (craig's wife )

Hope that is clear for you to work your magic.

Cheers Fly

• Upvote 1

I sent your request to the family and here is their response:

Hi to you all , peter I am sure you will share this info. Yes she loves any classical music. If umbertino puts "the soldiers " in to a search engine he should find that they are 3 british serving soldiers who'S albums include the title "coming home". If he does the same for "Il divo" he should find it is a group of four young men from spain, america,switzerland ans france I think. One of their albums is called " Ancora". Hope this helps. Lynn (craig's wife )

Hope that is clear for you to work your magic.

Cheers Fly

Thanks Fly... I'll try my best.

Betty... I hope these are the ones... For you, dear.....More to come...

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

Yes indeed...but remember she will be a long time in the ward so feel free to add more tracks/clips...

I certainly will....

Betty, these are all for you ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUqr4tohHvg&feature=related

Fly... We could proceed like this... I understand you're in constant contact with her brother & sister... So if it happens she has any musical request in any particular day... Please kindly let me know and I'll do my best......

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 3

Fly... We could proceed like this... I understand you're in constant contact with her brother & sister... So if it happens she has any musical request in any particular day... Please kindly let me know and I'll do my best......

Sure thing.

Hey is there anyway to contact you if you're not on DV....I tried to PM you but it would let me, so left you a message on your profile...will that work and do you get notification via personal email that someone has just contacted you. If not I suggest you go back to your profile and turn the notification option on.

Cheers Fly

PS A great collection of clips by the way... some tear jerking stuff too.

Without asking ot was mentioned she liked classical...I'm not sure what that means and will have to delve further for you.

Sure thing.

Hey is there anyway to contact you if you're not on DV....I tried to PM you but it would let me, so left you a message on your profile...will that work and do you get notification via personal email that someone has just contacted you. If not I suggest you go back to your profile and turn the notification option on.

Cheers Fly

PS A great collection of clips by the way... some tear jerking stuff too.

Without asking ot was mentioned she liked classical...I'm not sure what that means and will have to delve further for you.

Please check your profile messages... Thanks.

Great job (so far) umber !! :twothumbs:

BB is gonna have BIG smiles in her heart :wub:

Thanks, my Friend... Appreciate the kindness.

If Betty likes classical music and groups, I think she might not only like these, but find them uplifting. My favorite female singer and perhaps the best out there Sarah Brightman. Listening to her always seems to make me feel better when I feel down, so perhaps....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StbiLLSEHAg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StbiLLSEHAg&feature=related

I'm sorry I can't upload the songs directly from the DVD because of the file size. I hope/know you'll enjoy these.

Keep getting better....

• Upvote 1