Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A "Get Well" Thread For BETTYBOOP

You are in our thoughts Betty, we miss you terribly, and hope you are back with us soon. I commend you for your work with the mentally ill, it's a tough and dangerous job, only few can do well. Take care and the very best to you for a speedy recovery.

• Upvote 1

Thug, thank you for starting this thread. There is no better medicine than warm wishes and prayers from people who love you. I'm certain Betty will appreciate this. The members here at DV are some of the best people I have encountered, and I am honored to call you friends.

Betty, I pray for your speedy recovery. It breaks my heart that I am half a world away and can do nothing but wait for updates. No one deserves for this to happen, and you least of all. When you are well enough to begin ignoring doctor's orders...don't!

Love you, lady...and I look forward to your speedy and full recovery.

Boop, what can I say. You have become like a sister to many of us. You bring smiles to our faces with every post. You dare to go where few "ladies" would go. Your wit and avatar are among the most popular here. Please get well soon. We miss you. Best luck. Tony.

Sister? Really??? :D

A young lass named Betty has stolen our hearts

And the love for her, is right off the charts

Four pages of wishes, of hopes and prayers

For Boop to come back and show off her wares.

To work in that field, is really quite daring

But Elizabeth is the type who is really caring

Her friends at DV will patiently wait

For Betty to rest and rehabilitate.

We want you back as quick as you can be

But your health is more important than any RV

Listen to your doctors, heed their advice and rest

Come back to us, only when they think it's best.

We all miss you Betty ...

Get well soon xo :hug:

Excellent job, BJ. Kudos to your creativity! And here I thought all you could do was cut and paste... :D

• Upvote 2

Hi everyone just to keep you in the loop here is the latest report from Gillian. This is fantastic news!!

Posted Today, 09:52 AM

Hi all,

Well we have some very, very good news! We are all so pleased and excited here across the water! They took lizzie off the ventilator for 2 hours this morning and she was fine. Have reduced her sedation again to day, and that also went well. The main reason for the ventilator is to allow the swelling to reduce on her throat where the patient had a good attempt to strangle her. However, as you may have gathered by now my sister is fiesty and she fought back. We are all trained in control and restraint and breakaway techniques and lizzie at the start of her career, almost fifteen years ago, worked in H.M.P. Barlinnie. (Prison) she is used to working with some really dangerous people and although this may sound strange she actually likes these people !! Neither my husband or I would op for that side of nursing but lizzie thrives on it and in her speciality of substance misuse. The M.R.I found nothing and I am not sure about even a brain. LOL! In fact when we went in at visiting this evening and my father and two brothers asked her if they had found a brain she was awake enough to tell them to go sit and spin !! Obviously she is perfectly fine under the drugs that they have her on !! . She even managed to smile. I told her about all your good wishes and about the D.V. Get well thread. She looked at me, rolled her eyes and gestured that you are all mad, in a good and nice way but it did make her smile. I told her I would tell you all she is missing you all like crazy and thinking of you all. She nodded in agreement and I then said will I tell them anything else? She was able to talk with some difficulty and the message is NO R.V PARTY WITHOUT HER. This afternoon they took her off the ventilator for 3 hours and she was great. Very tired and sore but otherwise the doctors are hopeful of no lasting damage. She also appears to have normal reflexes in her legs and feet so they are going to continue to check them daily and hopefully the body brace will only be needed for a short time or maybe not at all. GO R.V. But better still......GO MY SISTER !!!!

Gillian.

P. S. Hope this cheers you all up. Thank you so much for all the good wishes. God help some of you when she is able to post again. You all know who you are.

• Upvote 4

A young lass named Betty has stolen our hearts

And the love for her, is right off the charts

Four pages of wishes, of hopes and prayers

For Boop to come back and show off her wares.

To work in that field, is really quite daring

But Elizabeth is the type who is really caring

Her friends at DV will patiently wait

For Betty to rest and rehabilitate.

We want you back as quick as you can be

But your health is more important than any RV

Listen to your doctors, heed their advice and rest

Come back to us, only when they think it's best.

We all miss you Betty ...

Get well soon xo :hug:

Very Nice is all I can say!

Well done!

(ok i said 2 things lol)

Get well Elizabeth!

• Upvote 1

Delighted to hear that you are on the mend BettyBoop! I'm sorry, I've been out of town & hadn't heard until just now. Know that my and everyone here's prayers are with you. All the Best, and now I'll buy the first two pints! Here's to a speedy recovery!

• Upvote 1

This just came in from Gillian about our BettyBoop's condition:

Hi, Gillian again. Lifting the sedation did not go well. Lizzie very confused and they had to re site some of the lines. They are taking her for a scan tomorrow because her renal function has become really poor and they think the kidneys are either damaged or very badly bruised. The guy who assaulted her has no mental illness. He is just a bad article with a psychopathic personality disorder. He is apparently well known to services and the police. He has a history of hostage taking , which is what he did to my sister and when the staff tried to help her and get her out he went nuts. She has a fractured skull and 8 broken ribs. He crushed her wind pipe so at the minute she is on a ventilator and she is just black and blue from head to toe. I have no idea when she will make it to a general ward. Sorry the news is not better. sad.gif I will try to keep you all as up to date as possible. Elizabeth loves this site and the members here. Thanks for all your good wishes, thoughts and prayers. It is comforting to know that people who have never met her or really know the crazy, kind , generous , thoughtful , sensitive, beautiful and amazingly intelligent woman she is can think so highly of her. My brothers, parents and all of Elizabeth's nieces and nephews are very touched by the good wishes of the people from around the world on this site. I know when she eventually gets back here that she will have an awful lot to say and will be very touched. Many thanks , The Robertson Family. ( George , Marilyn, John N "orraineN Nicole, Rachel, Christopher, Craig, Lynn, Billy, Wee Craig, Khai, Gaynor, Karla, Gillian, Gary & Merrissa ) x

I am speechless. I hope the best for Elizabeth and will pray extra hard for her tonight. I cant say what I would do to that animal that attacked her.

Dave

• Upvote 2

FlyHi,

When she sees this comment of yours, she is gonna whoop you :lol:

She is going for an MRI - brain tomorrow to see if there is anything there

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/88640-a-get-well-thread-for-bettyboop/page__st__80#ixzz1bl2nThpZ

She has a delightful wicked sense of humour and I was only assisting/provocking her to retort in her own good time....which rest assuredly she will....I'm ready for whatever punishment she chooses to mete out ;)

• Upvote 3

She has a delightful wicked sense of humour and I was only assisting/provocking her to retort in her own good time....which rest assuredly she will....I'm ready for whatever punishment she chooses to mete out ;)

You do realize she is fully trained in restraint techinques...

• Upvote 2

Gillian.......My God My God......when I read these updates....... my heart just goes out to her......You have made it very clear what has happened and I pray you will continue to update us as we all seem to be here going along with you and Elizabeth in this. I gotta tell you however I really got angry when you described the purp and well I am sure you have felt that as well. I will pray a lot for her and I can assure you I will continue. I am a sucker for injustice and what happened....well nobody deserves that........I have seen this before and it just chills my heart to think about it.

Now my old dog has just moped and whined ever since the news broke and today when I came home and discovered he had indeed eaten ,(a little) and even managed to wag his tail 3 whole times....he had just read your last update......So please continue the updates as my dog is very upset about BettyBoop and needs to be reassured and often. He's a rottwiler so please don't make him angry by not keeping him updated on his girlfriends condition. BettyBoop !! He really needs your help....You just gotta get well. Every time he sees your avatar I always say there's BettyBoop and he gets all excited and barks and wags his tail at 100 MPH.....Oh yeah that would be about 130KPH to you. Anyway he likes her a lot.

Thanks Gillian........... Get well soon Elizabeth...... :) Automag

Edited by automag
  • Upvote 2

Dear Elizabeth,

Each time I read more news regarding your healing, I don't know whether to laugh, to cry, or to just get mad as hell again!! I'm soooo glad you are healing so beautifully, even when I expected nothing less from "the Boopster." But each message telling us of your healing also tells me more about how badly injured you were. Thank God for your strong resiliance and ability to rebound fast!! Some people seem to have more than their fair share of those attributes, and thank God, you are one of them!! But one warning: Take your time. Use all the time you need to heal. Nothing is more important to you, nor to us, than for you to recover completely. We want you back, but we want you back well and healed. These guys are a bunch of fakers, trying to pretend that it's business as usual, but they're so cute. It's easy to see that they all miss you. We all do. So we'll all be here waiting for you . . . and your job? Just get well. :lol::D:P Francie26

• Upvote 2