Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A "Get Well" Thread For BETTYBOOP

Dearest Betty!, sad.gif My heart sank as I read this thread by 'THUG' telling of your injuriessad.gif .......We truly miss you and hope for your complete recovery.smile.gif

You are a wonderful DV Family member, always with the kindest words and appreciation for those that know you. It sounds pretty serious, but you sound like a fighter, SO HURRY UP AND GET WELL!!!! With all the lovewub.gif that I can possibly extend to you and your family, good luck, truly ! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Thank you THUG and Gillian for letting us know...............for Betty and all, GO RV !!!!!!!!!

ps. will be looking for updates

• Upvote 1

BB I have been out of town and just read this thread. My heart is hurting knowing that you won't be around for a while. Please know that with all the love and prayes from your DV family and those that you have touched and helped heal, your recovery should be quick. Gillian thank you for letting us know what has happened and our love and prayers are for you and your family also.

• Upvote 1

A young lass named Betty has stolen our hearts

And the love for her, is right off the charts

Four pages of wishes, of hopes and prayers

For Boop to come back and show off her wares.

To work in that field, is really quite daring

But Elizabeth is the type who is really caring

Her friends at DV will patiently wait

For Betty to rest and rehabilitate.

We want you back as quick as you can be

But your health is more important than any RV

Listen to your doctors, heed their advice and rest

Come back to us, only when they think it's best.

We all miss you Betty ...

Get well soon xo :hug:

• Upvote 10

A young lass named Betty has stolen our hearts

And the love for her, is right off the charts

Four pages of wishes, of hopes and prayers

For Boop to come back and show off her wares.

To work in that field, is really quite daring

But Elizabeth is the type who is really caring

Her friends at DV will patiently wait

For Betty to rest and rehabilitate.

We want you back as quick as you can be

But your health is more important than any RV

Listen to your doctors, heed their advice and rest

Come back to us, only when they think it's best.

We all miss you Betty ...

Get well soon xo :hug:

Oh! Super Poem & thoughts BJ. You're a real Sweetheart.

Get better sooner BB XoXo

• Upvote 1

This just came in from Gillian about our BettyBoop's condition:

Hi, Gillian again. Lifting the sedation did not go well. Lizzie very confused and they had to re site some of the lines. They are taking her for a scan tomorrow because her renal function has become really poor and they think the kidneys are either damaged or very badly bruised. The guy who assaulted her has no mental illness. He is just a bad article with a psychopathic personality disorder. He is apparently well known to services and the police. He has a history of hostage taking , which is what he did to my sister and when the staff tried to help her and get her out he went nuts. She has a fractured skull and 8 broken ribs. He crushed her wind pipe so at the minute she is on a ventilator and she is just black and blue from head to toe. I have no idea when she will make it to a general ward. Sorry the news is not better. sad.gif I will try to keep you all as up to date as possible. Elizabeth loves this site and the members here. Thanks for all your good wishes, thoughts and prayers. It is comforting to know that people who have never met her or really know the crazy, kind , generous , thoughtful , sensitive, beautiful and amazingly intelligent woman she is can think so highly of her. My brothers, parents and all of Elizabeth's nieces and nephews are very touched by the good wishes of the people from around the world on this site. I know when she eventually gets back here that she will have an awful lot to say and will be very touched. Many thanks , The Robertson Family. ( George , Marilyn, John N "orraineN Nicole, Rachel, Christopher, Craig, Lynn, Billy, Wee Craig, Khai, Gaynor, Karla, Gillian, Gary & Merrissa ) x

Thx For Posting This Update Mcuman. ;)

As I Struggle to find something positive to say after being saddened from reading this, I do take comfort in the fact that all of Betty's fellow Nurses and the Doctors are there around the clock and are Undoubtedly providing the Utmost Care for one of Their Own.

Now if it does RV during Betty's recovery, We can Afford to Pour Cooked onto a Plane and Send Him over to be Betty's Roommate since He has a Bad Back as well.

We can All come over and Pay Both of U a Visit. It would be worth the Trip just to see Cooked as a "Fish Out Of Water" with His Slurring "Jersey Shore" Accent trying to Communicate with the Heavy Brogue of The Scottish Highlander Staff !

Hang In There Betty ! We're All Praying and Pulling For You !

• Upvote 2

Miss Betty,

God Speed as you recover...I don't know you personally but have enjoyed "reading you" here at DV.

You are in my prayers and thoughts.

You must be a verrry special person to care for the type of patients that you serve, I trust the person that hurt you will not be able to hurt anyone else!!!

Thank you for being a public servant !

Gillian, God Bless you and all of your family that I'm sure are continually by Betty's side!

• Upvote 1

Boop, no back pain could stop me from helping you if there was a way. The heaviness in my heart right now is something I rarely experience. I hope if this rvs before you are fully recovered as many of us from our whacky thread should fly over to see you personally. As stated earlier, I know as a nurse myself that we can be bad patienetting better. We at the ts. We can be very impatient ourselves. PLEASE do not be like that. You know the condition that you are in and you need to focus all your energy on getting better. We at the DV family are using our thoughts and prayers to give you the lift you need. It seems you have a very loving and supportive family over there. I thank them for keeping us updated. I wish you full and speedy recovery and can't wait to see your avatar on our thread again. We love ya kid.

Here little pink oiggy piggy :eyebrows:

• Upvote 1

Thx For Posting This Update Mcuman. ;)

As I Struggle to find something positive to say after being saddened from reading this, I do take comfort in the fact that all of Betty's fellow Nurses and the Doctors are there around the clock and are Undoubtedly providing the Utmost Care for one of Their Own.

Now if it does RV during Betty's recovery, We can Afford to Pour Cooked onto a Plane and Send Him over to be Betty's Roommate since He has a Bad Back as well.

We can All come over and Pay Both of U a Visit. It would be worth the Trip just to see Cooked as a "Fish Out Of Water" with His Slurring "Jersey Shore" Accent trying to Communicate with the Heavy Brogue of The Scottish Highlander Staff !

Hang In There Betty ! We're All Praying and Pulling For You !

Hey Thug ... pulling? ... ah ... what .. exactly? :D

a little red wagon?

dsc00225.jpg

I'm sure Betty would appreciate that gesture ... were she here. And hopefully she will be back with us in no time.

• Upvote 1

Thanks DT for starting this thread.

Gillian, thanks for the updates.

She has friends around the world and is sorely missed!

Elizabeth... Wishing and praying for your full and complete recovery.

Let the other professionals in your field take care of you and be a good patient.

DV needs the BOOP BACK IN THE BETTY!!! B)

Robin

• Upvote 1

Just saw MCUMAN's update posted by THUG, absolutely horrible that a person could do this to someoneangry.gif , didn't know the details until now.

I know there is all kinds of weirdos and freakazoids, but when it happens to a member of 'your family' it really does break your heart. So sad........ sad.gif

• Upvote 1

Hi All,

Just received the following update from Gillian. Sounding a little more upbeat!!

Hi folks,

Quick update as I have a baby who is due to get her bottle. Lizzie a bit better today. They lifted some of the sedation an she coped ok. Still ventilated but doing fine. They hope to try and get her off that within the next 2 - 3 days. If all goes well they hope she will be fit for a general ward by next monday. Fingers crossed. The scan shows her kidneys are very badly bruised but they could not see any permanent damage at the min. They plan to repeat it later in the week when the swelling and bruising has gone down a bit more. She is going for an MRI - brain tomorrow to see if there is anything there. they are increasing the sedation over night to make her rest and they will reduce it a little again tomorrow for a wee while. Your prayers seem to be working thank you all so very much.

Gillian and the rest of the family.

• Upvote 1

Just learned of your encounter and current situation. Thoughts and prayers to you for a speedy recovery! I l know Scotland has lots of shoreline, but if you want to opt for some warm weather to recuperate in I think we can hook you up! biggrin.gif

Godspeed

• Upvote 1

My dear dear Elizabeth,

I am simply crushed by this news.

I take solace knowing the spunk that drives you Miss B and with that said girly, Wishwell is yelling " its time to wake yourself up and let the healing begin." You have lots of make-up work to do. I'm keeping your sleigh warmed up for you and your reindeer in check. Remember Miss B, your sleigh is so fast a Get Well Soon runs a second place behind you.

Gillian and family, Thank you for updating us. Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way.

Wishwell

• Upvote 2

Hi All,

Just received the following update from Gillian. Sounding a little more upbeat!!

Hi folks,

Quick update as I have a baby who is due to get her bottle. Lizzie a bit better today. They lifted some of the sedation an she coped ok. Still ventilated but doing fine. They hope to try and get her off that within the next 2 - 3 days. If all goes well they hope she will be fit for a general ward by next monday. Fingers crossed. The scan shows her kidneys are very badly bruised but they could not see any permanent damage at the min. They plan to repeat it later in the week when the swelling and bruising has gone down a bit more. She is going for an MRI - brain tomorrow to see if there is anything there. they are increasing the sedation over night to make her rest and they will reduce it a little again tomorrow for a wee while. Your prayers seem to be working thank you all so very much.

Gillian and the rest of the family.

Some good news! I pray the MRI reveals nothing permanent in terms of damage. Get your rest Betty! You and your avatar are missed!

• Upvote 1

Betty-

Thoughts and prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery.

Really sad you were a victim of when good jobs go bad......yeah, sounds like a bad TV show--might not fly in the UK but us Americans seem to lap that stuff right up.

I think I'll leave the humor to DinarThug ;)

All the best to you

Edited by FreckledFuzz
  • Upvote 1

Just came upon this thread, Betty. I hope and pray that you will make a dramatic recovery very soon.

You really have to get better quickly as your presence is required at certain post-RV festivities.

My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Gillian,

Thank you for making the time to keep us informed about Betty/Elizabeth/Lizzie's condition. Let us know if there's anything we can do.

• Upvote 1

BettyB - you were one of my most favorite cartoons as a kid - giving away my age here, but there were lots of reruns and loved little Pudgy (Betty's dog). Big BIG hugs to you - get well soon - in our hearts and definitely in our prayers. Love, Sage

BettyB - you were one of my most favorite cartoons as a kid - giving away my age here, but there were lots of reruns and loved little Pudgy (Betty's dog). Big BIG hugs to you - get well soon - in our hearts and definitely in our prayers. Love, Sage

• Upvote 1