Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A "Get Well" Thread For BETTYBOOP

CNN. Broadcasting With A Sad Clown Face From BettyBoop's Hospital In Scotland.

Most People At DV Know BettyBoop Since She Is A Popular Member Here. Some Folks Might Not Know That She Is A Nurse In The Acute Mental Health Admission Unit At A Hospital In Scotland.

Yesterday Her Sister Gillian Made 2 Posts On Another Popular Thread From Betty's Account.

(I will now attempt to copy them below)

Hello, I am Gillian. I am Elizabeth's. (Bettyboop) younger sister. I know she is a member here as she talked about you all often. Just posting via her login to let you all know that she was badly injured at work yesterday by a patient and is in hospital. It is bad and she is in ICU. Don' know when she will be back. If you wish to leave messages in her profile I will read then to her. Sorry top bring not such good news. Just thought you would like to know. Best wishes , Gillian

(End of 1st Post)

Hi , gillian here, thought you would like an up date. Elizabeth had a good night. They are hoping to start lifting the sedation a bit today to see how she goes. When well enough they think she will need a body brace for a while. The patient has damaged her spin but they think it will be ok .....given time. We have everything crossed. I awe are each others best friends and I know that even after the RV she had no plans top retire. Hope she isn't forced to. My husband and I are also psychiartic nurses and we do not intend to retire either post RV. Elizabeth is an exceptional nurse and most of what I know I have learned from her. Once she is well enough the hard part for us will be stopping her doing to much too soon and the fact she won't be able to go to work, possibly till after christmas will truely drive her insane. Thanks for all your good wishes I will tell her about them tonight. .......no allowed phones in ICU but once she moves to a general ward she will be able to read them for herself. I will try to get back to you all this evening to let you know how her day has been. Her phone has never stopped with people from work wanting to know about her. Thanks again. I know if she was here you would have made the 5000 posts last night keep going and don'( be sad for too long. She would not want that. Besides when she comes back I think it would be good if there was complete mayhem for her to laugh at. Best wishes , Gillian.

(End of 2nd Post)

We Love You Betty ! Or As Boop Would Say - We "Wub" You Betty !

Here's Your "DV Style" GET WELL CARD !!

• Upvote 11

Yes get Better Betty real quick. I'm sorry the patient(s) you are helping are the cause of your enforced bed rest :angry: ...that sucks. Once the worst is over we look forward to your participation in lively discussion but will try to not make it too exciting as you're sick and we can't have stress added to your list of ailments :P .

Chin up lassie...we've got your back. B)

Fly

• Upvote 2

It's your job to get well, completely well. It's our job to fuss, demand, scold, and otherwise "guilt" and "nag" and "argue" you into taking really good care of your own very important, wonderful, "necessary-to-all-of-us" self. We want you back!!! Now!!! So do whatever it takes to get well so you can get back here with us!! Every last one of us misses you very much,

Francie26

• Upvote 2

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Sounds like you are not the type to let anything keep you down-hang in there, many prayers are with you. We sure miss you around here-hope to hear from you soon. God Bless wub.gifemot-hug.gif

Rope

• Upvote 1

Hey Boop.

BJ jumped into your costume the other night and worked the late shift with Danan in the Dr.'s Lounge for you. Fly and Cooked have volenteered to fill in next week. Mack's dedicating himself to working on his Scottish tossing abilites. I've been fencing with Shinni and DI. (It never ends with those two....) Sure do miss your particular brand of teasing.

OH, BTW, Dinar Thug is now calling the thread The Mile Hile Thread, 'cause we hit the BIG 5K mark today. Anybody can join, they just have to post a comment....oh, boy....fresh meat targets....

Anyway, and agin, git healed up quick, cause there ain't none better'n y'all. (Best Texas drawl.)

Miss You Tons

MCUman

Edited by mcuman
  • Upvote 2

BettyBoop, I hope you get better real soon. Take care and don't over-do it. Just enjoy others taking care of you for a change. We will miss you here on DV! biggrin.gif Veronica

PS Thank you Gillian for keeping us updated. We appreciate it! smile.gif

PPS Thanks DinarThug for the post! laugh.gif

• Upvote 1

Gillian ... knowing you are such good friends with your sister ... and knowing you must carry some of her crazy genes, I expect you to sing this to her in the appropriate tune ...

I wanna be loved by you, just you, nobody else will do,

I wanna be loved by you alooOOoone!

BoopBoopeeDoop!

Hope you are getting better BB ... miss your posts and your scanty outfit ... really naughty of you ... : )

smee2

• Upvote 1

Betty,

Warning - Humor may be hazardous to your recovery...but, I sure hope not!!

The guys miss you and I'm sure this is what they are thinking:

I wish I had a magic caber

To make it go away;

I'd wave my caber over you

Until you were okay.

I'd think good thoughts; I'd send you love;

I'd transmit healing vibes;

My caber and I would surely beat

Whatever the doc prescribes.

But there is no magic caber, so

I cannot cast a spell;

Just know you're often in my thoughts,