Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BOTTOM LINE.............

Wow driving me nuts this morning on the news this morning they say were going to pull all the troops because they can't get together on some negotiation with Iraq.. And investors are backing out

becaus Iraq can't mange there buisnnes.........................WHATS UP WITH THE RV NOW??????????????????? <_< <_< <_< <_<

GO GO GO GO ...................... RV :D

Edited by dodge93
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Wow driving me nuts this morning on the news this morning they say were going to pull all the troops because they can't get together on some negotiation with Iraq.. And investors are backing out

becaus Iraq can't mange there buisnnes.........................WHATS UP WITH THE RV NOW??????????????????? <_< <_< <_< <_<

GO GO GO GO ...................... RV :D

The reason that all the troops are being pulled from Iraq is because Iraq was not willing to grant immunity to those troops that would remain in Iraq for training purposes.

I have not heard that investors are pulling out. I think it's quite the opposite.

Go RV!!!!

• Upvote 2

The reason that all the troops are being pulled from Iraq is because Iraq was not willing to grant immunity to those troops that would remain in Iraq for training purposes.

I have not heard that investors are pulling out. I think it's quite the opposite.

Go RV!!!!

Without the troops there the Country will be thrown into a crisis because Iran will have more influence and Sadr will have more power. I can agree with them on the immunity deal. Who in the world would fall for a bunch of crap like that? It seems that every Country we are in we think we can go around raping women and killing people and get away with it. I know. I was in Germany during the Viet-nam crisis.

My orders were while on guard duty if someone tries to break into the compound shoot and ask questions later. If you kill them you will be put on trial and sent home and would never have to answer to any

court of Germany. Thankfully that never happened. Without protection there many companies won't want to put their people in harms way. So I can see why investors would pull out of there.

Unless these companies hire mercenaries to protect them from the radicals. Anyway you look at it, it seems like this will take a very long time to happen. Doesn't all of this fall into God's plan??? Go RV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Without the troops there the Country will be thrown into a crisis because Iran will have more influence and Sadr will have more power. I can agree with them on the immunity deal. Who in the world would fall for a bunch of crap like that? It seems that every Country we are in we think we can go around raping women and killing people and get away with it. I know. I was in Germany during the Viet-nam crisis.

My orders were while on guard duty if someone tries to break into the compound shoot and ask questions later. If you kill them you will be put on trial and sent home and would never have to answer to any

court of Germany. Thankfully that never happened. Without protection there many companies won't want to put their people in harms way. So I can see why investors would pull out of there.

Unless these companies hire mercenaries to protect them from the radicals. Anyway you look at it, it seems like this will take a very long time to happen. Doesn't all of this fall into God's plan??? Go RV

Thanks for your perspective Ronbo. Makes sense to me.

in another thread Sonny1 said that if Iraq does not RV before the withdrawal we're screwed and he will sell off his Dinars. I tend to agree with Sonny's thoughts. With the US out completely, Iraq will tear itself apart and Iran will take over, either overtly or through proxy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

in another thread Sonny1 said that if Iraq does not RV before the withdrawal we're screwed and he will sell off his Dinars. I tend to agree with Sonny's thoughts. With the US out completely, Iraq will tear itself apart and Iran will take over, either overtly or through proxy

I am AMAZED at the gullibility of the American people!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry to say ,,,But a few people are very correct about NO RV if we are out of Iraq and i say this because i was in Iraq and they are a mess and i believe they always will be and after we leave Iran being a Shite nation and so is Iraq mainly and also Iraq is trading like crazy to get what they need i see NO RV any time soon !!!! READ THE LATEST NEWS it will tell you all you want to know !!!

• Upvote 1

We need to wake up. We are not leaving Iraq. We are being thrown out. Sadar has gotten his way. He said many times in the past that if any troops are left behind or they did not make their deadline . They would be treated as hostiles. They are hand in hand with Iran now. They screwed us. WHY . Cause we let them. The USA has forgotten how to win wars due to liberal political correctness. They were a conquered people who we did not immediately disarm (should have been step 1) and because of our inadequate government. They have made fools of us. AND THATS THE

BOTTOM LINE

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

In an article recently published, there was concern for inflation rising above 10%, investors fleeing the country, leading to possible further devaluation of the currency.

British studies centre warns of investments fleeing Iraq

I will give it until Thanksgiving before making any decision, as there is currently a game of chess ongoing between Iraq and the US over immunity. It will have to reach check mate before then..

However, it is getting to the corner of walk and don't walk and I tend to agree with Sonny1 as well as the article above .

It is no secret that Sonny and I clashed often in discussions. Having said that, he has my respect for his beliefs and convictions.

To see folks here that hung on his every word while he was saying what they want to hear, then turning against him for maintaining the integrity of his beliefs when his words weren't what they wanted to hear, is discouraging; to say the least.

He has always been a worthy adversary, and should deserve a little more respect and latitude for his beliefs.

I continue to hope for a favorable outcome, but am closely reading the writing on the wall.

Edited by Dalite
  • Upvote 4

To see folks here that hung on his every word while he was saying what they want to hear, then turning against him for maintaining the integrity of his beliefs when his words weren't what they wanted to hear, is discouraging; to say the least.

He has always been a worthy adversary, and should deserve a little more respect and latitude for his beliefs.

I continue to hope for a favorable outcome, but am closely reading the writing on the wall.

Well said!

• Upvote 1

if we don't have some semblance of force there (i think we will, it just won't be public) iraq is gonna implode.

Come on now. Why is it you people think Iraq is run by a bunch of children? Of course they fight and bicker over everything under the sun. Hmmmm, American Politicians??

I think they are worse than the Politicians in Iraq. All these A$$es think of is who's pocket they can put their dirty sticking hands into to get that last measly penny.

I swear people here are getting more stupid than ever before. We let the Government let Illegals in here and even pay for their means, their college, and every thing under

the sun that they ask for. Ask your government official if they'll pay for your college tuition!!!!! Yeah!! Lots of luck on that one Pal! Damn America! Wake up. Can't you see it's all

about the power and the heck with you and I? If you can't, I think you better get your head out of your A$$ and look around you. We need to change every little bit of our political

system and put in new people all around. Could they be any worse? Sure, but highly unlikely. Think about it. Term limits for everyone in there. We have to wait until we're 66 now to collect our S.S.

Do they? Of course not. But i say that should be changed. Do they have to have their own insurance? No! I think that should be changed. What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

I was honored to go and fight for my Country. I didn't go to Nam because my older Brother was there. I went to Germany. But i would have gone there if I was sent. Like I said I was

proud to apply. But now I wouldn't lift a single finger to go again. I don't even like who our Country is now. All the corruptness is making us look like Satan. Go RV.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Talking about SS.

I love the way these guys have turned everything around.

The average age of death is 67 years old last time I looked.

You can collect SS at 66 now?

How long do you think before they move that to 70?

We worked our entire lives to make it retirement age only to have the money stolen and promises broken.

Edited by gymrat76541

We need to wake up. We are not leaving Iraq. We are being thrown out. Sadar has gotten his way. He said many times in the past that if any troops are left behind or they did not make their deadline . They would be treated as hostiles. They are hand in hand with Iran now. They screwed us. WHY . Cause we let them. The USA has forgotten how to win wars due to liberal political correctness. They were a conquered people who we did not immediately disarm (should have been step 1) and because of our inadequate government. They have made fools of us. AND THATS THE

BOTTOM LINE

PLUS one from me Just tell it like it is cuz..

• Upvote 1

Election coming up, and Didn't Obama promise to have all troops home by 2012?

NO, George Bush did

What about that giant embassy that was built, who will guard that?

+1 for you, you are so correct....there are going to be over 10,000 private contractors in Iraq, ie , retired marines, navy seals ect ect...and the new Embassy they built a few years ago is larger than Vatican City in square ft...US is going nowhere

NO, George Bush did

+1 for you, you are so correct....there are going to be over 10,000 private contractors in Iraq, ie , retired marines, navy seals ect ect...and the new Embassy they built a few years ago is larger than Vatican City in square ft and cost over One Billion Dollars......US is going nowhere

Massive U.S. Embassy In Iraq Will Expand Further As Soldiers Leave

First Posted: 9/16/11 03:43 PM ET Updated: 9/16/11 04:10 PM ET

React Important

Fascinating

Typical

Scary

Outrageous

Amazing

Infuriating

Beautiful

Follow Afghanistan War , Iraq War , Iraq , Video , Embassy Baghdad , Iraq Withdrawal , Iraq Troop Withdrawal , State Department , U.S. Embassy , US Embassy Iraq , US Troops Iraq , Diplomacy , Obama Diplomacy , World News

share this story

WASHINGTON -- American combat troops in Iraq may be heading to the exits -- or not -- but the U.S. government's enormously expensive intervention there is hardly coming to an end.

In a telling sign of how dangerous and chaotic Iraq remains more than eight years after President George W. Bush launched the war against Saddam Hussein, U.S. diplomats, military advisers and other officials are planning to fall back to the gargantuan embassy in Baghdad -- a heavily fortified, self-contained compound the size of Vatican City.

The embassy compound is by far the largest the world has ever seen, at one and a half square miles, big enough for 94 football fields. It cost three quarters of a billion dollars to build (coming in about $150 million over budget). Inside its high walls, guard towers and machine-gun emplacements lie not just the embassy itself, but more than 20 other buildings, including residential quarters, a gym and swimming pool, commercial facilities, a power station and a water-treatment plant.

Yet the embassy is turning out to be too small for the swelling retinue of gunmen, gardeners and other workers the State Department considers necessary to provide security and "life support" for the sizable group of diplomats, military advisers and other executive branch officials who will be taking shelter there once the troops withdraw from the country.

The number of personnel under the authority of the U.S. ambassador to Iraq will swell from 8,000 to about 16,000 as the troop presence is drawn down, a State Department official told The Huffington Post. "About 10 percent would be core programmatic staff, 10 percent management and aviation, 30 percent life support contractors -- and 50 percent security," he said.

As part of that increase, the State Department will double its complement of security contractors -- fielding a private army of over 5,000 to guard the embassy and other diplomatic outposts and protect personnel as they travel beyond the fortifications, the official said. Another 3,000 armed guards will protect Office of Security Cooperation personnel, who are responsible for sales and training related to an estimated $13 billion in pending U.S. arms sales, including tanks, squadrons of attack helicopters and 36 F-16s.

Under the Status of Forces Agreement negotiated between Iraq and former President Bush in 2008 -- and, at least thus far, still in effect -- all U.S. troops are supposed to leave the country by the end of this year.

As of now, there are about 45,000 U.S. troops still in Iraq. Obama administration officials had been hoping the Iraqi government would allow at least 10,000 to remain past the end-of-the-year deadline. Earlier this month, however, they floated the idea of keeping only 3,000. But given the unpredictable nature of the fractured Iraqi leadership, nothing is certain.

As the Department of Defense pulls out and its spending drops, the State Department is expecting its costs to skyrocket. State asked Congress for $2.7 billion for its Iraqi operations in fiscal year 2011, and got $2.1 billion. It wants $6.2 billion for next year. The Senate Foreign Relations Committee estimates that State's plans will cost $25 to $30 billion over the next five years.

Patrick Kennedy, undersecretary of state for management, told the Commission on Wartime Contracting in June that State intends to pay $3 billion in the next five years on its major private security contracts alone.

While $6 billion a year might not seem like much compared to the estimated $806 billion in direct appropriations spent on the Iraq war and reconstruction thus far, that is still an enormous amount of money. Consider, for instance, that the State Department's total operating budget this year is about $14 billion.

Money isn't the only resource being drained by Iraq. The toll on the diplomatic corps is substantial.

In addition to staffing the embassy in Baghdad, the department intends to have more than 1,000 people on staff at each of its two consulates, making them far larger than all but the most important U.S. embassies around the world. Given the de facto partitioning of Iraq, one consulate, in Erbil, will essentially be an embassy to the Kurds; the other, in Basra, an embassy to the Shia -- and to the country's biggest oil fields.

Steve Kashkett, then the head of the American Foreign Service Association, complained at Hillarious Clinton's very first town hall meeting as secretary of State that the cost of creating the largest diplomatic mission in U.S. history "has been to take people away from all of our other diplomatic missions around the world, which have been left understaffed and with staffing gaps." A Government Accountability Office report in 2009 concluded that filling the numerous positions in Iraq and Afghanistan meant that "key positions at other hardship posts remain vacant or are filled by officers who may lack the necessary experience to effectively perform their duties, potentially compromising State’s ability to advance U.S. international interests."

Edited by Hamels