Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sadr calls for holding an emergency parliamentary session to discuss the demands of its leader

10/22/2011 | (Voice of Iraq) - Sumerian News / Baghdad called Sadr movement led by Muqtada al-Sadr, Saturday, to convene an emergency session of parliament to discuss the demands of the leader and the U.S. withdrawal from the country, and while considered a plot to disable the parliament sessions to discuss the uniqueness of the government and the presence of U.S. forces in the country, warned of conspiracies external and internal action against Iraq. He said the head of the Liberals in the House of Representatives Bahaa al-Araji, during a press conference held at the parliament building and attended by "Alsumaria News", the cluster "called on House Speaker Osama Najafi, during a meeting with him today, to convene an emergency session to discuss the demands of the cleric Moqtada al-Sadr and the issue of the American withdrawal from the country, "asserting that" the demands of the chest need to discuss and enact laws. " The cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, select the fifth of September, three conditions for the postponement of the demonstration, millions demand for better services to give the people its share of oil and the appointment of at least 50 thousand people in government departments, as well as provide power generators capacity fuel is free, and when he said that those conditions is the last chance for the government, reiterated his refusal to bring down Maliki's government. Araji said that "House Speaker Osama Najafi agreed to hold the meeting and will invite the heads of blocs to attend, "noting that" the Liberal block will start on Sunday, attendees formally to the Council of Representatives. " He called al-Araji, the political blocs to "participate in the hearing that the presence in Parliament is better than Hajj," adding that "disrupt parliamentary sessions plot to the uniqueness of the government in the discussion of the occupation, rotate the current year budget to next year." and warned al-Araji of the "conspiracies external and internal conspiracies against Iraq." declared Sadrist movement led by Muqtada al-Sadr, in the 20 of October, current, to stay within the Alliance National is subject to the implementation of the demands of the leader of the current judge to grant the people a share of the oil and the appointment of at least 50 thousand in the state departments, as well as to provide the generator capacity fuel free while improving the electric power, threatening to remove the government in an abject submission to Washington on the withdrawal of U.S. troops. The U.S. President Barak Obama said, on Friday (21 October now) that his country's troops in Iraqi territory would be in the United States during the holidays, while stressing that Washington will support Iraq in all fields. The mass was free of the Sadrist movement announced on 18 October I 2011, its intention to withdraw support from Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in the event of continued "weak performance and there were many failures," and accused al-Maliki will protect more than 4,000 people, corrupt, pointing out in this regard that the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers alone has more than 3,000 holders of forged certificates, called upon, to change the governor of Baghdad, and the Secretary of belonging to the Dawa Party, led by Nuri al-Maliki before that is done by force after the results of the questionnaire, confirmed that the National Alliance will work to form a committee to conduct a comprehensive assessment of the performance of governors and mayors in all governorates of Iraq, and determine the extent of public pressure to resign. and the Sadrist movement led by Muqtada al-Sadr, a clear position rejects the American presence in the country, announced on 10 September 2011, the leader decided to stop military operations against the American troops to begin pulling out the official from Iraq. Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said, on August 30 last, that the withdrawal of U.S. forces will be implemented on schedule later this year, as there will be no base for U.S. forces. Under the security agreement signed between Baghdad and Washington at the end of November 2008 that it should withdraw all U.S. forces from all territories and waters and airspace of Iraq no later than 31 December of 2011 the current, having withdrawn U.S. combat forces under the Convention, cities, villages and towns of Iraq June 30, 2009. Iraq has signed and the United States, too, in 2008, the Framework Agreement strategy to support the ministries and agencies of the Iraqi transition from the strategic partnership with Republic of Iraq to the areas of economic, diplomatic, cultural and security, based on reducing the number of reconstruction teams in the provinces, as well as providing important sustainable rule of law, including the police development program and the completion of the coordination and supervision and the report of the Fund of Iraq relief and reconstruction.

http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=29065

So it begins..........Here we have a triumphant Sadr starting to assert his supposed power or influence on the GOI.....He mentioned many areas of failure by this government and he listed demands he wanted enacted to relieve pressure on his supporters and all others. He even mentioned that at this time he refused to bring down Maliki's government for reasons he had determined would be in his corner..........Since the GOI had failed to reach agreement with the US over troops to be used for training and the immunity status of those troops he seems to act as he has more power and is making his demands for his followers..He is right.........for the moment.

Imagine if you will a compliant Maliki. I cannot. Maliki is a man determined to become the El-Supremo and has reniged on any and every agreement he ever made with any bloc and as such it would seem that he will continue with his treachery until there is no opposition. That in my mind will eventually include Sadr. Once Maliki has subdued all opposition and corralled the other blocs to his will Sadr will become a liability to Maliki. IMO this speech is only the beginning of his end. Even in his moment of triumph he begins to weaken. A true meglo-maniac if ever there was one.

You can't have two power hungry morons in the same government and have all go well. Plus look at the history be tween these two people. When it was a nessesity Maliki had no problem trying to kill him. Maliki gave his blessing to US forces taking out the Mahdi army,(Sadr supporters), and there was a concerted and successful operation to quell Sadr by wholesale slaughter and even exile for Sadr to Iran. While his guys were getting the crap blown out of them the boy Mullah ran to his masters in Iran for protection. He was only ressurected to provide Maliki a margin of victory in the next election by the same guy who was trying to kill him with a deal brokered by Iran to make sure Maliki would survive. The Iranians knew that Allawi would win without intervention and there position in Iraq would be suddenly and abruptly dissappear with an Iraqi List victory...........Hence the need of Sadr and his bloc. But that time is now over...........I personally dispise these people. For a group of people who claim honor and respect are vital to their way of life there isn't an ounce of honor amongst the whole bunch and quite frankly they deserve each other..........However only one can survive and I don't see Sadr as strong as he would like to say.......

In reaction to the announced withdrawl of US forces by years end Ahmajenidad stated that his country would provide more support to Iraq especially in the area of military training and should have done so years ago to negate American interference in the Middle East.......He seems to think that the Iraqi people have forgotten a long and protracted war with Iraq. A nasty and bloody one at that. I don't believe that is the case and as such I believe that Iran will not achieve the level of influence they seek. He also seems to forget that most of the Middle East fears Iran and is aligned against Iran. That is a fact.he will have to deal with. Iran is going to impose itself on Iraq but in the end they will fail.........Because they are dealing with Maliki.

Maliki is nothing short of the proverbial snake in the grass and he will never fully bend to Iranian will. He cannot be trusted by all sides and he will do what ever he needs to do to insure he and/or his party will remain in control of Iraq......He clearly has made it his policy to install whoever he can from his party,(Dawa), into any position he can. High or low positions in the government it doesn't matter. That is exactly what the Baath party did to maintain control in Iraq for many many years and since that worked so well for the Baath party it is his model of choice. Iran will play second fiddle to a Maliki governemnt. Sadr will play whatever fiddle assigned to him and only till rhetoric is overcome by political reality.

This is all only IMO. Just some thoughts I have considered as here of late many have asked what does this mean to our investment. I actually agree with Sonny1 about the withdrawl of US forces...that it is not a good thing for the investment........ but I also see scenarios that it could work to our favor or at least hope that they will. We had always hoped this would have all been resolved before the withdrawl as to hand over the wheel of the bus to people who can't drive the bus is not a welcome situation...............but there is more to this than just black or white and it's just never easy with these folks.

Having said all this I believe there are some in Iraq that have been watching and learning and the situation progresses as we go along and all is not lost. But the times are a changing within Iraq and as usual we the investors are over here waiting and watching with a deeper unease today than 2 days ago.We will see a lot happen that we will be uncomfortable with and as such a lot of hand wringing is gonna happen within our dinar community. Naturally we will fear the changes and even feel uneasy at what the GOI will do. But we are invested and will have to go along or get out. Many will be challenged.....very shortly.

Ironically it will be amusing to see how the okies and the OOM spin this up. Since our military is leaving who will they blame for their supposed intel now? Yes we will remain but our position of holding the Iraqi leash is gone and I always thought that their stories of high up intel was built on the myth we were in control. We were......but not now. That horse is about to set loose reign free..............IMO only.

• Upvote 5

Thank You Carello and Dalite..........Coming from two fellows I enjoy reading I feel very complimented . I try hard to study all of this like the both of you as well as others around here and I am grateful for your responses.

Again Thanks to you both...Automag.

Carello and Dalite,

Thanks for your research time & sharing your thoughts & opinions. Much appreciated here at DV. smile.gif

MovieMaker, as I appreciate your response, I would like to make something clear. I am unworthy!

I do not offer up research or details on this investment on Iraq. I leave that for individuals like Dalite, who are very well versed in many subjects that pertain to our investment.

So, I thank Dalite, Automag, Zaborniak (so many), and all the others that share their knowledge and experience that give us a better understanding of this thing called "speculative investment", and I thank you MovieMaker, for the compliment. You are very kind!

• Upvote 2

@ automag

This was a good piece of work... Your opinions are appreciated.

While, at first blush, it would seem to all investors that the exit of the US troops will have a negative effect on the potential of the RV. That might very well be the case. Let me submit another possibility... If I dare...

Within Iraq the mere sight of the US troops causes great angst among the population as well as the leadership. While I believe, and have been told by some of the people who have served in Iraq, that the average citizen has a grand appreciation for the work of the US service men and women who saved their country. However, for the most part there is a negative to the presence of the US armed forces stationed in Iraq.

When the US leaves, if that really happens, there will be a huge vacuum. The army and police forces of the GOI must step up and maintain the safety and security of the citizens of Iraq. In addition, there will be increased participation from commercial interest from all over the world. The contract to rebuild the power grid has already been contracted to a South Korea firm. BP (and other British companies) as well as other huge petroleum companies are waiting in line to finalize contracts. China has an adoring eye on the growth potential of the emerging Iraqi market as well as the access to GOI natural resources.

So... The bottom line, in my opinion, is whatever and whomever it takes to solidify the markets and people of Iraq is a good thing. Iraq, even when the US leaves, has a grand plan for the future.

I hope the Iraqi people are able to experience the growth of their country. It will be good for them AND the RV... and the investors...

Go RV !!!

• Upvote 1

ClermontThinker......Thank for your kind words and thank you for a response. For the most part I can't see any reason why they can't succeed. I actually think they will. However there are a myiad of pressing issues that could at bthe very least unravel the GOI. But yes they will probably muddle through and like Drunks and little children God will probably help them through it all even if they ,(the polititians), don't deserve success they will maybe and just possibly make it.........If and only if they have no civil war between whatever factions should choose to wage one and go completely madd. BUT thats a whole nother problem much less all the one's we have seen pop up.

One thing about this forum I learned this very weekend of the announced withdrawl of our military from Iraq. While watching and reading many different reports of the event from various news sources and it struck me how much us little ole dinar investors know about Iraq and what is going on over there than even the media knows. I have heard many big name news folks pontificate on what is happening and I swear they sound like Neeewbies grasping for knowledge and understanding........I was a newbie once as well...........no offense was intended. No it just occurred to me that if anybody wants to know what the heck is going on with Iraq they could do at lot worse than asking our knowlegable members of this forum.....including you Mr Thinker !! :)

"He called al-Araji, the political blocs to "participate in the hearing that the presence in Parliament is better than Hajj," adding that "disrupt parliamentary sessions plot to the uniqueness of the government in the discussion of the occupation, rotate the current year budget to next year." and warned al-Araji of the "conspiracies external and internal conspiracies against Iraq." declared Sadrist movement led by Muqtada al-Sadr, in the 20 of October, current, to stay within the Alliance National is subject to the implementation of the demands of the leader of the current judge to grant the people a share of the oil and the appointment of at least 50 thousand in the state departments, as well as to provide the generator capacity fuel free while improving the electric power, threatening to remove the government in an abject submission to Washington on the withdrawal of U.S. troops."

WHHHHHAAAATTTTT????????

IS THIS THE LONGEST, MOST DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND, RUN-ON SENTENCE IN THE WORLD? :wacko::blink:

You can't have two power hungry morons in the same government and have all go well. ...We had always hoped this would have all been resolved before the withdrawl as to hand over the wheel of the bus to people who can't drive the bus is not a welcome situation.

Outstanding analysis Automag. While reading your entire opinion, I thought I was reading an OP-Ed column in the WSJ or Washington Times. You communicate your thoughts well and I'll be sure to read more of your postings.

With the uncertaintity of Iraq's future and the chaos that could easily unfold, let's hope the RV happens soon so we can cash out ASAP.