Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Seeking A Good Home For Dinars

Legolas

if we pull out at the end of 2011, like what was made official today, and they dont rv before, i am 100% selling alllll my dinar, because we are screwed...

I would agree. They haven't RV'd while we have been there protecting them and they have a history of not even being able to run a falafel stand on their own. They have had years to get it done and I doubt they will get it done in 2mos. When we leave they are toast. The foxes are already in the hen house.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do you really believe the US is going to walk into the sunset? I don't.

That's right Zig! If investors thought there was even a tiny chance this would go south, they wouldn't be investing BY THE BILLIONS monthly in Iraq. The politics is just that-politics, a damn sideshow like it is here. Investment is already beginning to boom: KOGAS just inked a 50 BILLION dollar deal last week after a year of haggling, all of a sudden BAM, it's done. Exxon, and BP, another 100 BILLION dollars last week, Shell 12 BILLION a month or so ago. Nat Rothschild and Tony Hayward 10 BILLION in Kurdistan... FOLLOW THE MONEY PEOPLE-NOT THE POLITICS. They wouldn't be gearing up the ISX for nothing. Forex wouldn't be opening offices in Arbil. Strategic Framework Agreement being activated. Even if Maliki is not the best or most humanitarian leader, the money is coming. We didn't build a 100 acre embassy just walk away. Look at the big picture, not the children fighting at recess.

• Upvote 11

That's right Zig! If investors thought there was even a tiny chance this would go south, they wouldn't be investing BY THE BILLIONS monthly in Iraq. The politics is just that-politics, a damn sideshow like it is here. Investment is already beginning to boom: KOGAS just inked a 50 BILLION dollar deal last week after a year of haggling, all of a sudden BAM, it's done. Exxon, and BP, another 100 BILLION dollars last week, Shell 12 BILLION a month or so ago. Nat Rothschild and Tony Hayward 10 BILLION in Kurdistan... FOLLOW THE MONEY PEOPLE-NOT THE POLITICS. They wouldn't be gearing up the ISX for nothing. Forex wouldn't be opening offices in Arbil. Strategic Framework Agreement being activated. Even if Maliki is not the best or most humanitarian leader, the money is coming. We didn't build a 100 acre embassy just walk away. Look at the big picture, not the children fighting at recess.

Yes, exactly - follow the money. Iraq needs to begin their journey as a sovereign nation. There will be support.

CBI - the central banking system is a separate entity.

Iraq cannot become a sovereign nation while the US still occupies their land. Anyone who wishes to jump ship now seems to be pumping the other direction. Hang tight, for the US must withdraw their "occupation" from Iraq before they can have an internationally traded currency.....why people are getting bummed out is beyond me....this is just one step in the RIGHT direction....

Go RV!!!!!

and we wonder why the stock market looked so crazy several months back...and is still trying to steady. I invested knowing there were certain criteria that needed to be met in order for a real return...provided the initial speculation was correct on what would happen when those criteria WERE met. Anyway, that to say that my patience is full and still waiting for my first expectations. Those expectations were not for the RV but for the criteria to be met.

we don't know exactly how things will go today anymore than yesterday. it's no more chaotic than yesterday. my path will not be changed. I'll either get a phone call about an RV or I'll trade my dinar back in at almost no loss in initial investment. The only dif between me and perhaps others who are currently selling is that I was certain I invested using money I would otherwise NOT miss over a VERY...VERY long investment of time.

Not sticking my head in the sand nor am I listening to cries of "wolf". I'm simply resolute and enjoy focusing on good news (of structural/economic progress) from that region that makes my wait encouraging.

I wish EVERYone the best.

• Upvote 1

and we wonder why the stock market looked so crazy several months back...and is still trying to steady. I invested knowing there were certain criteria that needed to be met in order for a real return...provided the initial speculation was correct on what would happen when those criteria WERE met. Anyway, that to say that my patience is full and still waiting for my first expectations. Those expectations were not for the RV but for the criteria to be met.

we don't know exactly how things will go today anymore than yesterday. it's no more chaotic than yesterday. my path will not be changed. I'll either get a phone call about an RV or I'll trade my dinar back in at almost no loss in initial investment. The only dif between me and perhaps others who are currently selling is that I was certain I invested using money I would otherwise NOT miss over a VERY...VERY long investment of time.

Not sticking my head in the sand nor am I listening to cries of "wolf". I'm simply resolute and enjoy focusing on good news (of structural/economic progress) from that region that makes my wait encouraging.

I wish EVERYone the best.

Very nice post..... Something will happen....:)

Hmmm....... I was once asked at what point I would get rid of my dinar if it had not rv'ed . My answer then was; "When they pry it from my cold dead hands". Call me a gambler, heck, call me a fool if you like, but my answer remains the same.

RSS

Oh, one other thing. I think that Iraq is one piece of the puzzle; not the only piece. If Iraq doesn't do this IMO, you can flush the entire words economy down the toilet.

• Upvote 5

It appears as such...Ebay has been steady at 1500 to 1600 individual Iraqi dinar sales per day...this morning it was close to 2600...

And 2600 buyers. That only means you have more willing to buy. yes. Their is always more selling, if more are buying. :P

Their haven't been many troops in Iraq for a while now. All this means to me is they are more likely to get out of Chapter 7.

I plused you on your post. Very good.

And 2600 buyers. That only means you have more willing to buy. yes. Their is always more selling, if more are buying. :P

Their haven't been many troops in Iraq for a while now. All this means to me is they are more likely to get out of Chapter 7.

Was just stating a fact and had no intention of debating it but you raised an interesting point.....I went back to ebay and took the next 50 {ending soonest} including the buy it now category,saved them to favorites and waited till they all expired...sadly,only 9 ended with bids...

Certainly a less than scientific approach but it appears,today at least, there are more sellers than buyers....also I have no idea how that compares to other auction items.

Oh.... so this is where "Sonny's Post" has been hiding. I read people talking about it but didn't know where it was -- in the buy/sell section. :blink::huh:

Interesting read on this thread -- espcially Sonny's post. My two cents, which means nothin' since I know nothin.' For some reason it has been in the back of my mind that the U.S. needed to be out of Iraq before any change in the dinar. It seems to me that they are proud people and would want to be able to say that they did this without help from the U.S. It seems, also, that the U.S. would need to be out of Iraq for Iraq to be released from Chapter VII and to work towards becoming an independent country.

I realize this could turn south temporarily, but I do believe that the U.S. would not let them fail. If anything happens, the U.S. would be right back in there picking up the pieces and that would just mean a longer wait for us -- and possibly lower prices on the dinar so we can buy more if we choose to. :P:P

Anyway, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have no reason to sell. I'm in it until the fat lady sings and/or pigs fly.

Also, great post by The Gente. :)

Happy Sunday all,

Kimberlye B)

• Upvote 1

Honestly why would anyone sell their dinar unless they bought years ago and have sevral thousands dollars tied up i for one only have a couple grand tied up in it. Honestly if i lose i lose but I'm not selling off i will never ever sell because i believe this wil happen at some point. Dont sell your dinar if you have bought what you can afford to lose.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Well said. I only bought what I thought would set me up comfortably for the rest of my life, and what I could afford to lose. NO WAY I'm selling, this plan was not devised by Iraq, nor is it controlled by Iraq. The dog and pony show are for the simpletons in Iraq and to make it seem like Iraq has the reigns. the people who devised this plan aren't going to leave it up to a bunch of greedy, bickering tribal buffoons to get this accomplished. The GOI are all puppets, (as are our politicians) and simply want their piece of the pie, and will do what they are told by those who hold the purse strings. Way bigger picture here than the daily drivel from the Iraq Idiot News Network.

I'm not selling either. This is still my chance, and I'm still taking it. Here is an important point to remember--Obama may be the biggest world-sized fool we have ever watched "strut and fret his hour upon the stage." but neither he nor that Iraqi idiot, Sadr, have any real control over this situation. It was created by much bigger people than they are, and those people will simply not allow it to fade into obscurity because Sadr is flexing his poor little muscles for the moment. This plan is just so much more vast and far-reaching than Maliki, or Sadr, or Obama for that matter. The huge organizations behind this, the IMF, the UN, the World Bank, the Paris Club, the WTO, and most likely others, will simply not allow this thing to fall apart at the whim of a Sadr or a Maliki, or even an Obama. Even if we leave, they, no doubt, have a backup plan to protect their resources and to continue the implementation of their original plan. I don't know if it's true, but I heard (probably here) that we will still have a fairly large contingent of troops just over the border in Kuwait, and we also have some good sized ships, including aircraft carriers, just off the coast of Iraq. There is far too much at stake for Obama, Maliki, Sadr, et al, to run rampant over The Plan and wipe out all the hard work of extremely powerful people who have invested so much time and money into this. You just watch. This is just too big, and it isn't going to be allowed to simply end with a whimper. The real powers-that-be just won't allow that to happen.

Hmmm....... I was once asked at what point I would get rid of my dinar if it had not rv'ed . My answer then was; "When they pry it from my cold dead hands". Call me a gambler, heck, call me a fool if you like, but my answer remains the same.

RSS

Oh, one other thing. I think that Iraq is one piece of the puzzle; not the only piece. If Iraq doesn't do this IMO, you can flush the entire words economy down the toilet.

Excellent Point!!!

Honestly why would anyone sell their dinar unless they bought years ago and have sevral thousands dollars tied up i for one only have a couple grand tied up in it. Honestly if i lose i lose but I'm not selling off i will never ever sell because i believe this wil happen at some point. Dont sell your dinar if you have bought what you can afford to lose.

Right on easyrider +1

I won't be making any more posts on DV, so if you have an interest in purchasing Dinars at far lower than current dealer pricing, feel free to e-mail me at Legolas33300@aol.com. Please don't feed the dealers and pumpers. They've made far too much money as it is. Always buy them from well known members when you can. There are more than sufficient numbers of Dinars currently available here on DV to supply the needs of most buyers. Good luck gang. It's been real. B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey Legolas, I have enjoyed your post and will miss seeing you around. I hope you get caught with a few notes to cash in when it does RV ... I think you deserve it. Take care :)

RSS good to see you again, been awhile. I've missed your input.

I had 4 million dinar and I sold off 1/2 of it because I thought it was excessive for me . I was upset to hear of that we are leaving Iraq but after reading Adam's comments from weds night I'm feeling more positive. The point here for me, is that I am a gambler. I'm taking a shot and if it goes down...OH WELL. Anyone buying dinar is a gambler so suck it up and live with your decision no matter what the outcome. I hope this is not offensive to anyone its just how I am feeling at this point in time.

there is still 2 months left. Lots can happen. It seems you are losing faith, I would like to have Adams take as well on this matter or if he too is losing faith.

I am simply AMAZED at the number of people here who are folding, or at least partially.

I read Adam's chat and read his thesis and I see no reason to go negative at this point