Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BREAKING: President Obama will announce total drawdown of US troops from Iraq by end of 2011 in a 11:45 press conference.

The SKY is FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING?

Wow this topic switched from positive to negative quickly.

Let's first all agree that every opinion is speculation (go figure... an investment is based on speculation... what are the odds?), some have more educated guesses than others.

If I may speculate for a second... The best chance for Iraq to come out of Chapter 7 is if they can demonstrate that they solely can protect their own country. with us pulling out we are giving them a vote of confidence not to mention they are purchasing more than a couple F-16s. Don't you for a second believe that we would let Iran just walk in and take things over. We have done much to much work in the open and covertly changing the entire landscape of the Middle East. Whether you are a fan of Obama, Bush or neither it is clear that we have our hand in everything that happens over there. Have you heard of Seal Team 6 or our Drones.

1. We show confidence in the GOI by pulling our military out.

2. Chapter 7 passes

3. IQD changes.... Let's hope for the better... RV Baby!!!

I just don't see this as a bad thing... Just my opinion :D

I don't either. Many countries are very interested in starting up shop there, China being one of them. I do believe this is a way to push the Chapter 7 out from under them.

Who knows, Iraq might be more prepared than press releases have indicated.

Everything you say may very well be true. But I'm not following your pessimistic view here. Isn't this news exactly what we've been waiting for??? Isn't this a clear sign of one of the pieces of the puzzle coming to fruition??

I agree...With over 10,000 trainers going to be there, and a billion dollar embassy built and larger than Vatican City in square footage, US is not leaving Iraq

i know it doesnt matter what i really think, and trust me i want it to hit as bad as you all do, i have 7 years in (3 of really caring) so dont think i dont want it to pop.

i just think that our weak government (not saying obama is the reason why it didnt-wont happen), but the weakness that our government has is there incompetence and if we had a stronger lead in the u.s they would of forced the issue, and got us a little something out of this, but our weak president (i voted for him) is brutaly awful at everything.

i have never plugged this and i wont give you all the name of it, because it is seperate from this, but i have a political blog that has had 800,000 at one time on it, and if this doesnt rv (it was set up to rv) i will make sure obama never gets re-elected, and thats a promise..... sorry to rant, but this president is the worst we have ever had (bush jr included)

• Upvote 9

"Wow this topic switched from positive to negative quickly."

I don't think that is necessarily the case. All of the information that has been presented can be construed as a very positive development. I do, however, believe that now the time element becomes that much more critical between now and the end of the year for Iraq to flex its wings both legislatively and monetarily. With the withdrawal of troops, there is a perception that Iraq becomes much more vulnerable to outside influence from neighboring countries especially if the masses do not see any improvement in their day to day lives. I am an optimist, and hope that this is part of the plan for all of us, but also remain cautious that there better be some rapid development in many areas, and time is of the essence. UR

• Upvote 3

though i am very happy that obama is bringing our brave guys and girls home, they are what make the u.s the best, and we should all be very grateful, but imo this is awful for our investment.

they get nothing done now, when we leave and iraq knows big brother is gone, i can only imagine how quickly iran moves in, and that is bad.

we have roughly 2 months for this to rv, or we will all be burning or wallpapering with our dinar, because if we leave and there isnt movement on our little investment, we f-ed

i dont mean to be negative, and i have always been positive, but we have 2 months or we are f-ed.

I'll IM you my mailing address so you can unload your dinar on 1 Jan 12.

What if Iraq wanted our troops out before RV? They need to put their big boy pants on or else. Both governments agreed on this. Step away from the ledge.

• Upvote 3

If you actually believe the US will leave and allow Iran to take the spoils you must be out of your mind and you should actually hand over all your dinars to me right now as you are not worthy.

Yes you! You know who I'm talking too!

Iraq is the richest country - relatively speaking - on the planet!

No fukcing way that the PTB walk away and allow Iran the spoils. Iran wouldn't dare to touch Iraq. Israel and the US would bitchslap them all the way back into medieval times.

You have to see all these movements in a big Geopolitical Agenda. This has started decades ago ( and according to many, 1000s of years ago, actually) and is played out according to the rules of the PTB.

Don't trust the media. Just sit back and watch things unfold.

• Upvote 5

i know it doesnt matter what i really think, and trust me i want it to hit as bad as you all do, i have 7 years in (3 of really caring) so dont think i dont want it to pop.

i just think that our weak government (not saying obama is the reason why it didnt-wont happen), but the weakness that our government has is there incompetence and if we had a stronger lead in the u.s they would of forced the issue, and got us a little something out of this, but our weak president (i voted for him) is brutaly awful at everything.

i have never plugged this and i wont give you all the name of it, because it is seperate from this, but i have a political blog that has had 800,000 at one time on it, and if this doesnt rv (it was set up to rv) i will make sure obama never gets re-elected, and thats a promise..... sorry to rant, but this president is the worst we have ever had (bush jr included)

Do you think this RV is actually the perfect thing to help Obama get re-elected?? I cringe at the thought of 4 more years of that loser but think about the timing of the troops being pulled, a massive influx of tax "income" from the RV, and many other positive effects from the fallout of and RV. Couldn't this be the best case scenario for us (the RV) but the worst case scenario for us as well (Obama parlays this into a second term)???

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'll IM you my mailing address so you can unload your dinar on 1 Jan 12.

What if Iraq wanted our troops out before RV? They need to put their big boy pants on or else. Both governments agreed on this. Step away from the ledge.

Exactly!!!

I don't know if anyone saw a thread about two months ago where Adam and I were discussing perception versus reality. Our take on this is in order for Iraq to be released from Chapter 7 then the world needs the perception that they can take care of themselves but the reality is we will be close by to back them up. Adam, correct me if I'm wrong.

It is if a Dad pushes his son out to the playground and says "You got this, the bullies won't harm you" the whole time Dad is standing be hind Son with brow furled and arms folded.

Irag... YOU GOT THIS (Uncle Sam Standing behind you with a stern look)!:angry:

Do you think this RV is actually the perfect thing to help Obama get re-elected?? I cringe at the thought of 4 more years of that loser but think about the timing of the troops being pulled, a massive influx of tax "income" from the RV, and many other positive effects from the fallout of and RV. Couldn't this be the best case scenario for us (the RV) but the worst case scenario for us as well (Obama parlays this into a second term)???

I'm with you 100%

If you actually believe the US will leave and allow Iran to take the spoils you must be out of your mind and you should actually hand over all your dinars to me right now as you are not worthy.

Yes you! You know who I'm talking too!

Iraq is the richest country - relatively speaking - on the planet!

No fukcing way that the PTB walk away and allow Iran the spoils. Iran wouldn't dare to touch Iraq. Israel and the US would bitchslap them all the way back into medieval times.

You have to see all these movements in a big Geopolitical Agenda. This has started decades ago ( and according to many, 1000s of years ago, actually) and is played out according to the rules of the PTB.

Don't trust the media. Just sit back and watch things unfold.

Excuse me... You misspelled a word that starts with F. :D

• Upvote 4

I do not believe that this screws us. How does this affect the fundamentals of how the dinar will be valued moving forward? Does not change amount of currency in circulation (what ever it is), does not change resources in the ground, and does not change the demand for enhanced infrastructure? The only change this affects is the security in the country. I believe that is what can be affected. IMO, this should give a vote of confidence to other countries outside of the US that may want to invest in Iraq. I can see how any American can look at this and say, "what are they going to do without our help". But, I can see other countries looking to invest in Iraq having the opinion that finally they do not need American forces. It is up to Iraq to demonstrate they have the capability and willingness to defend themselves (I believe they do). I personally do not think they will turn around and be at war with their neighbors, so I believe they must demonstrate they can handle the security by themselves. I now look at Sadr to do something positive besides continually make threats against US forces, which after he ran to Iran have been empty, but that is only based on my limited information (there maybe soldiers serving there recently that would have a different opinion about his recent threats). Sure we will have to wait and see. Sonny1, you were sincerely upset about the revolutions last February, and said that if they did not RV you would sell your dinar. You had insinuated Iraq's government was at stake then. Now I am not trying to call you out. But I believe that, although this is big news, it may not be as catastrophic as you believe. Only my humble opinion. I am not so sure about an ultimate RV outcome, because I just cannot believe anything I read anymore, but I a see this as a positive step. This should be a vote of confidence for the Iraqi government to police themselves. Should be.

God bless our troops and the families that will get to have their moms, dads, brothers, sisters, and friends home by the end of the year.

• Upvote 4

You're going to keep O from being reelected? Really?

I'm going to get hit with negs for this, but that has to one of the most ridiculous statements I have read here.

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 6

Im still dont know how anyone could view this as a negative! The US has wayyyy to much at stake in Iraq to just walk away! The US built the largest embassy in the world there....they occupied the country for 8 yrs....they are set up thuoghout the ME.....they took out ghadaffi hussein bin laden(HUGE KEY INDIVIDUALS) in the global setting. Dont think for one second they arent allll connected to the extordinary plan that was put forth.

Now I kno alot of people who really hold O respinsible for the way things are going down BUT he just aint that smart and personally I think hes the biggest idiot known to man....hes just a pawn in this game! The real powers that be in this world wont let him get away with anything. O talked about creating jobs for our SOLDIERS coming home in obvious addition to the other jobs that are so desperately needed here in the US....the plan is still in play and I really think we should all step back and look at it all objectively....we are there people!

This is the info weve all been waiting for! Iraq cant defend itself without a functioning military and they have to be be removed from chap7 to accomplish that! We have all been waiting for Iraq to get out chap7 well here it is!!! Obviously we need the RV before the SOLDIERS leave but thats what we want! To me this awesome....at least I know this ridiculous ride will finally be over very soon one way or another! Whatever is meant to be will be....its the not knowing when that drives me nuts! LOL

GO RVVVVV BABY!!!

When we pullout the bloodbath IMHO begins.

My son who is a Green Beret with multiple tours in Iraq has told me that there will never be a "democracy" over there because of the thousands of years of hatred and infighting between the tribes.

If no RV before we leave we may never see our dreams come to fruition!!!

Call me a pessimist, but this is what I am feeling too. I do not see that the Iraqi people are ready to settle down to peaceful democracy. It just is not part of their makeup and may take the progress of several generations to take hold ... if they work at it.

:)

smee2

though i am very happy that obama is bringing our brave guys and girls home, they are what make the u.s the best, and we should all be very grateful, but imo this is awful for our investment.

they get nothing done now, when we leave and iraq knows big brother is gone, i can only imagine how quickly iran moves in, and that is bad.

we have roughly 2 months for this to rv, or we will all be burning or wallpapering with our dinar, because if we leave and there isnt movement on our little investment, we f-ed

i dont mean to be negative, and i have always been positive, but we have 2 months or we are f-ed.

too bad iraq has gotten tons done!!!!!...you must been listening to gurus and cc's to much and not reading crebile sites info...wto...imf....cia....dot gov's...gazette....unsc...cspan.....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Were you referring to the present idiot or the idiot that sent them over there in the first place?

Are we to assume that you don't like any of the Presidents we have, or have had in the last three decades.

My concerns mirror yours sonny1. Thanks for your opinion on the matter. UR

The future has never been brighter for Iraq. It will become the financial center of the world, the seat of world religions (not just Isalm), it will be prosperous.... so why the gloom...... this action may have just jump started their economy. Obama couln't fix ours, but maybe is will help to fix Iraq with this move.

• Upvote 1

Why are we all getting our panties in a wad when we have an embassy that has to have 40,000 to run it and we supposedly have 9 military bases over there. WTH?

I'm not getting my panties in a wad, I don't wear any!!

w h o o p s :blink:

(there goes my reputation)

• Upvote 1

"Wow this topic switched from positive to negative quickly."

I don't think that is necessarily the case. All of the information that has been presented can be construed as a very positive development. I do, however, believe that now the time element becomes that much more critical between now and the end of the year for Iraq to flex its wings both legislatively and monetarily. With the withdrawal of troops, there is a perception that Iraq becomes much more vulnerable to outside influence from neighboring countries especially if the masses do not see any improvement in their day to day lives. I am an optimist, and hope that this is part of the plan for all of us, but also remain cautious that there better be some rapid development in many areas, and time is of the essence. UR

Great post UR. I respect your thoughts and agree with you completely. Time is of the essence for Iraq. We shall see if the Iraqi Government is willing and able to progress as a sovereign nation. As always, I remain hopeful. Thank you for your post.

Ski

Edited by skitealwedrop
  • Upvote 1

i want to thank everyone for there respect, like i said my thoughts are just my opinion, i want it to rv as well, but anyone who thinks this is good for our investment is crazy....

Call me Crazy!!! :blink: Oh! You just did. Hmmmmm. I still like ya!

• Upvote 2

weird. 3 weeks ago both obama and maliki were talking about the US leaving about 5000 troops in iraq. if that is now untrue, what has changed?

let's see, is iran a threat? maybe not from the outside; but how about from the inside? al sadr ring a bell?

this can be really bad if the violence or threat of violence gets out of hand