Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BREAKING: President Obama will announce total drawdown of US troops from Iraq by end of 2011 in a 11:45 press conference.

I would surmise Adam's employees and consultants don't work for free. I can't turn on my computer without seeing some type of advertisement. It's just the way some things are. God Bless.

ADAM put down that gun!!! There are some that believe they are forced by gunpoint to visit this site.

I don't understand all this deference towards Adam. He is making as much as the pumpers by selling Dinar on this site. He just staked out the conservative position since all the others were taken.

There will be no threat from Iran when we have removed our troops. IMO of course. But, Iran has spent years operating under intense sanctions. Their president (not even going to try and spell it) has scoffed at additional sanctions because they have operated under past sanctions already. Iran is excited about our pullout I am sure, but I believe it is because they want to do business with Iraq. Saddam was a sunni and they have always battled against the shia, but now there is a shia gov't in Iraq, which hopefully with Erbil will include the other factions. Iran does not want to invade the country they maybe able to do business with. What would they have to gain? They would look more evil than they already do in the world. Instead, I will not be surprised if there is news about cooperation between the two countries. Sadr will help that economic cooperation as well. He will act as a liaison between the two countries. There will be no bloodbath beyond what is sadly common already. Instead, this will make Iraqis feel so independent and control over their own country. I was in Iraq in 03 and I have waited for this day for a long time. I never thought, after being out of the service for some time, that I would be giddy over this news. However, today I feel we have made excellent strides as a country and in our investment. Iraq is one of the best emerging market opportunities in our lifetime. That doesn't necessarily mean I think RV everyday (though I certainly wish so, just so many factors in play), but really what other countries in the world offer the potential for growth to build infrastructure. There are other countries that are growing, but I believe Iraq offers some real potential because of the resources. Currently Iraq is a country that is occupied (for good reasons up until recently), and now the occupation ends. The progress Iraq makes from here on out is their own. Again, I do not believe Iran is going to invade Iraq. Those days are over. The best chance Iran has to benefit from Iraq is through business. The whole middle east has changed, and I believe that is due to the success Iraq has had in building a democratic government (with us service members support of course). After the elections were finalized in Iraq this last winter take a look at the time line of change in Iraq. Do you think Iran is going to invade or start a bloodbath? No is the answer. Politically it would be a catastrophe for Iran. Iraq has set a new standard. Maliki, as much as we are frustrated, is at the helm of a ship in very shaky waters. But, there has been real progress. I would like to see it faster, but a slow step forward is better than a fast step backward.

Sorry for the rambling and any grammar issues, but I am excited as I think this is some of the best news we have heard in years. To sum up a long diatribe, I do not think Iran will do anything foolish in Iraq, because Iraq is the new standard in the middle east. If you doubt it, I would suggest looking at a time line of events in the middle east since Iraq decided its elections. Or in other words, since Iraq decided to move forward as an elected, democratic country.

• Upvote 1

Red Robin, I just want to say that we are all Americans. We need to start acting that way.

We have had decades of actions by a few self-interest groups/people that are whittling away at us as the middle class. It did not happen in three years.

They also have managed to drive a wedge between us with lies. 20 years ago, Democrats and Republicans did not fight like this. We need to get money out of politics, which is controlling the government. Simple.

Let's put our energy into bringing America back together and get corporations out of our lives. It isn't government. They have just named it government.

Bottom line: We are all Americans. United we stand. Divided we fall.

Thank you , and :tiphat::twothumbs:

Red Robin: Perhaps you would feel less frustration if you looked at this a different way. This is a great day for our country and our troops who will be coming home safely to their families. To end a useless war will be more than healing for our country, not to mention the billions of dollars that will not be spent any longer. We will be building an enduring partnership with Iraq, which is so important as a building block in the Middle East, possibly making it possible to never go to war there again.

The Iraqi people will be stronger and finally, have their own nation after decades of a dictatorship and occupation. When the currency makes the transition, their country will become robust and their people will not be suppressed with poverty and hardship. They will have jobs from new business partnerships, and their children will not be hungry any longer when the new systems are implemented. Businesses will flourish with opportunities.

I believe, our departure will force Chapter 7 to be lifted, and the RV will take place. Our lives will change forever because of an opportunity of a lifetime.

Instead of being angry, right or wrong, think about how lucky you are to even be involved in this investment and the changes that you can make in the world to make it a better place. If I were you, I would be giving thanks for this "press release."

Take care. Our glass is not half empty, it is half full, if not brimming over.

While I appreciate your pie in the sky attitude and really hope you are right, I still feel very pessimistic about this fledgling Iraqi Government. Their track record thus far is abysmal at best. I think personally that we are making a big mistake pulling out of Iraq this early. The only person I have seen in the media with some intelligence and unselfish desire for the people of Iraq is Shabs. I think we are inviting disaster to that country in the way of civil war by leaving at this time. I think Afganistan is the place we should be pulling out of first. Then after we get Iraq where they need to be with education and experience as a Democratic society maybe try to influence the other ME Countries if we want.

As far as our country not spending billions any longer because we aren't at war, do you really think as tax payers we are going to see that money come back to us? We will not see a reduction in our taxes by it because our Gov. has a track record of taking any excess money and spending it on something else! Bigger Government, more programs...

I am confused by your statement above..."To end a useless war will be more than healing for our country, not to mention the billions of dollars that will not be spent any longer. We will be building an enduring partnership with Iraq, which is so important as a building block in the Middle East, possibly making it possible to never go to war there again.

You refer to the war in Iraq as useless and yet in the very next line say that it is so important that we a have a partnership with Iraq. When Saddam was in power we didn't have any enduring partnership with Iraq, because he isn't there any longer we have the opportunity to build that partnership which you obviously agree is very important.

The only thing that has changed in Iraq up to now is the USA went in and removed a Dictator that was oppressing the people for several decades. When we leave they very well may revert back to their old ways and a vacuum will be created by the absense of our strong presence and someone will move in and take our place. Once again I hope for all of our sakes including the poor people of Iraq, that I am wrong.

though i am very happy that obama is bringing our brave guys and girls home, they are what make the u.s the best, and we should all be very grateful, but imo this is awful for our investment.

they get nothing done now, when we leave and iraq knows big brother is gone, i can only imagine how quickly iran moves in, and that is bad.

we have roughly 2 months for this to rv, or we will all be burning or wallpapering with our dinar, because if we leave and there isnt movement on our little investment, we f-ed

i dont mean to be negative, and i have always been positive, but we have 2 months or we are f-ed.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

though i am very happy that obama is bringing our brave guys and girls home, they are what make the u.s the best, and we should all be very grateful, but imo this is awful for our investment.

they get nothing done now, when we leave and iraq knows big brother is gone, i can only imagine how quickly iran moves in, and that is bad.

we have roughly 2 months for this to rv, or we will all be burning or wallpapering with our dinar, because if we leave and there isnt movement on our little investment, we f-ed

i dont mean to be negative, and i have always been positive, but we have 2 months or we are f-ed.

My concerns mirror yours sonny1. Thanks for your opinion on the matter. UR

I always value your opinion but don't all the signs point to this being done by then anyways?? Why would Iraq -or the US for that matter- let the dinar become wallpaper??? I don't understand.

Edited by Sun Devil
  • Upvote 1

Really makes you wonder... If the unthinkable happens and our IQD becomes basically worthless paper or colorful wallpaper... I wonder what most people will do? Burn it? Use it as monopoly money? Poker money instead of chips? Leave it as tips when you get bad service in a restaurant (This would just be mean.. 25,000 dinars?? I'm rich! Oh it ain't worth crap? That stiff cheap bastard!)

Sell it on E-bay as collectibles?

I'd laugh at the currency dealers who supposedly have a warehouse full of pallets.. Man, there is a few hundred billion that went to a value of $0 in a short time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

take a deep breath. imo iraq will move foward swiftly because china has to be compensated for the 80 billon debt forgiveness they gave to iraq. now with that being said...if iraq and iran decide to combine nations and stand together as one. china still has to be paid...and they will not take us dollers or iraqi dinars. they will demand gold. sounds like a tough bill to pay

Man you know I totally respect you and your opinion but I dont get it!

I agree and understand where you come from saying we are screwed if we dont get the RV before they pull the troops out BUT you have stated you think we are close many times....dont you think this is a sign that is gotta happen in before???

I just cant imagine the US leaving without theres....

• Upvote 1

China He?? the whole WORLD needs their oil . There is NO WAY the WORLD would let IRAN roll into IRAQ

And if they did, now were talking WORLD WAR #3 and the value of the Dinar is the least of our problems.

And according to the BIBLE the END OF THE WORLD & then who really gives a S??T about DINAR

• Upvote 1

Man you know I totally respect you and your opinion but I dont get it!

I agree and understand where you come from saying we are screwed if we dont get the RV before they pull the troops out BUT you have stated you think we are close many times....dont you think this is a sign that is gotta happen in before???

I just cant imagine the US leaving without theres....

imo, and only my opinion, if we pull out (it was made official today, we are leaving) there is no chance of them rv'ing the way we want them too, my white flag is half way up the flag-pole.

i am not trying to be a buzz-kill, i have always given my opinions (right or wrong) but we have 2 months or we are cooked.....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

imo, and only my opinion, if we pull out (it was made official today, we are leaving) there is no chance of them rv'ing the way we want them too, my white flag is half way up the flag-pole.

i am not trying to be a buzz-kill, i have always given my opinions (right or wrong) but we have 2 months or we are cooked.....

Ok man... I hear you! Thanks for your quick response!

That you President Obama for bringing our TROOPS home I salute you....

I hate to confuse you with facts, but this is the agreement that Bush made (not that it makes a difference to the potential RV)...

The Draft Agreements

Details of the draft agreements, aspects of which have been negotiated for more than a year, have leaked in recent months. U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Ryan C. Crocker, testifying before Congress in April 2008, confirmed two separate accords are on the table. The first is a status-of-forces agreement (GlobalSecurity.org), called a SOFA, which would codify legal protections for U.S. military personnel and property in Iraq. Such agreements already govern U.S. military conduct in other long-term deployment zones-including Germany, Japan, and South Korea-and the administration has characterized talks for a SOFA in Iraq as a hopeful step toward stability. A draft of that agreement (PDF) from October 2008 shows significant concessions from the U.S. side. For instance, the Bush administration agreed to a total withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq by the end of 2011. The agreement would also place additional restrictions on how U.S. troops conducted missions, and require a pullout from Iraqi urban areas by July 2009.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/18/AR2008111801118.html

• Upvote 1

Exactly. We all knew this would happen someday. What NOBODY knows if they're planning rd or RV after

You don't contribute to Adam's income?? Of course you do! He has adds all over. He gets paid every time someone gets on the website!

You obviously do not understand internet marketing. The only way Adam makes money from the ads is if someone clicks on them and

then he gets a small commission from Google - not from the advertiser - whoever they might be. He has no control over the ads or

their content. If you don't like the way this site is operated, please find another one and take your negative attitude with you. :shakehead:

• Upvote 2

SOMEONE gave you a minus so i gave u a + thank you for being so honest with your thoughts i for one really believe that this is the way it could play out for us i pray not but am preparing myself for the final countdown :)

Everything you say may very well be true. But I'm not following your pessimistic view here. Isn't this news exactly what we've been waiting for??? Isn't this a clear sign of one of the pieces of the puzzle coming to fruition??

• Upvote 1

Okay, I've been involved in politics for over 25 years (no, not elected but lobbying and consulting) and what I believe is transpiring is there seems to be a lot of posturing going on. Obama can still put a deal together to have troops stay in but as we all know, it's about the immunity issue. The US would be stupid to not have that clause and the Iraqis know that. So, Iraq is not giving in on the immunity right now because they don't have to. The Iraqi's know there is still plenty of time and they are probably trying to see what else they can get out of the deal. Obama, on the other hand, can't weather a re-election bid if he pulls the troops out of Iraq and the Iranians come back in and exert more influence then they do now. In addition, Obama knows that another country can simply step in and fill the void left behind by the US and these countries include China, France, and Russia. Furthermore, Iraq knows they have to show stability and security if they are going to attract international investors. How many Marriott's do you hear about springing up in Iran. None. Iraq isn't stupid but they also aren't the smartest country on the block. In simple terms, there are still negotiations going on and this is the US calling Iraq's bluff. Now we'll have to wait to see how they respond.

Now, how does this play into the RV we are all hoping on? Several ways. First of all we've all learned that what we read out of Iraq isn't fact but information they want to put out. So, under UN Chapter 7 can Iraq rebuild their army and air force? I wouldn't think so but yet they are. Do they need to have an international tradable currency? It sure would make transactions much easier, especially if they want to get away from the US Dollar. Can they RV now? I believe they can and don't need to wait for anyone's approval. Echoing the concerns of others I believe that Iraq needs to RV prior to the first of the year. The US presence gives them stability and the ability to RV with "help." Can they RV if the US pulls out? Maybe, but they'll need help from another country to pull it off. I'm sure the Iranians would love to help since their currency is pretty much worthless.

Bottom line? I'm hanging in this investment until I see what the US does. If they really do pull out, then I'm going decide what to do to sell the dinars.

I don't understand all this deference towards Adam. He is making as much as the pumpers by selling Dinar on this site. He just staked out the conservative position since all the others were taken.

You are totally out of line - Adam does not pump dinar on this site. You are allowed on this site for free, please respect

the owner's right to run the site as he chooses. If you don't like the site and how it is run, please take your negative

attitude to one of the other dinar sites. Additional posting of negative and derogatory comments about Adam and

this site will result in you being banned. :angry:

• Upvote 5

The SKY is FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING?

Wow this topic switched from positive to negative quickly.

Let's first all agree that every opinion is speculation (go figure... an investment is based on speculation... what are the odds?), some have more educated guesses than others.

If I may speculate for a second... The best chance for Iraq to come out of Chapter 7 is if they can demonstrate that they solely can protect their own country. with us pulling out we are giving them a vote of confidence not to mention they are purchasing more than a couple F-16s. Don't you for a second believe that we would let Iran just walk in and take things over. We have done much to much work in the open and covertly changing the entire landscape of the Middle East. Whether you are a fan of Obama, Bush or neither it is clear that we have our hand in everything that happens over there. Have you heard of Seal Team 6 or our Drones.

1. We show confidence in the GOI by pulling our military out.

2. Chapter 7 passes

3. IQD changes.... Let's hope for the better... RV Baby!!!

I just don't see this as a bad thing... Just my opinion :D

• Upvote 3