Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi News CNN reporting on "Operation New Dawn'"

ajax

CNN just reported at approx 8:05am 2-19-2010 that Pres Obama announced the re-naming of our operations in Iraq and at the end quickly mentioned "..a rate increase is expected in Sept;.." Anyone else hear this quick, simple, strange announcement???? (According to other data online, supposedly the name and all operational steps to go into ON Sept 1st)

well, I for one would like (need?) it MUCH SOONER, but I question whether this will involve the RI/RV -- dos it make sense for the year to be 3/4's over before The Iraqi's can begin to implement projects for the year, ie the 2010 budget? I don't think so. Also we have heard from more than one source that the IMF is very anxious saying that if Iraq (the CBI?) doesn't do it, the IMF will do it for them -- remember the IMF had a drop dead for them to have it in OCT!! this is already almost 5 mos out. Great observation on your part, I don't want to shoot the messenger, just want to say it doesn't make sense to me . . .more disinformation??

hmmmm..... I would love to see this segment. He actually said "rate increase expected in September"? Or did he say the operation's name would change in September.

I cannot imagine our President would announce the increase of another Country's currency on National television. ???!!!!!!

I have done a web search and can find nothing about an Obama speech about Operation New Dawn. He is in Nevada so an 8 AM speech EST would be 5 AM there. The only reference I find to the operation is a press release;

Iraq War gets a new name

By Eric Zimmermann - 02/18/10 07:43 PM ET

The Iraq War is getting a new name, according to ABC News.

Previously known as Operation Iraqi Freedom, the mission will now be called Operation New Dawn.

In a memo to Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Defense Secretary Robert Gates says the new name is meant to correspond with the withdrawal of American troops from the country. It will take effect in September 2010.

The new label is "a strong signal that Operation IRAQI FREEDOM has ended and our forces are operating under a new mission," Gates wrote.

This isn't the first time "New Dawn" has been used by the U.S. military in Iraq, however. As ABC notes, "Operation New Dawn was the name for the bloody and grueling 2004 battle for Fallujah."

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 @09:11am CST

(Washington, DC) -- The Iraq War will now be known as "Operation New Dawn." The Washington "Post" reports the Obama administration decided to give the conflict a new name to reflect the reduced role U.S. troops will play in securing the country this year.

Since U.S. forces moved toward Baghdad in 2003, the war has been known as Operation Iraqi Freedom. The new name is scheduled to take effect in September, when U.S. troop levels are scheduled to drop to about 50-thousand.

In a memo to General David Petraeus, the top military commander in the region, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said the change is intended to send a message that the U.S. military's combat role in Iraq is rapidly drawing to a close.

It also, Gates wrote, seeks to, quote, "recognize our evolving relationship with the Government of Iraq."

http://mystateline.com/content/fulltext/?cid=138951

This article clearly states that the new name will take effect in Sept. nothing about IQD.

I completely believe that ending remark to be a newsman's added statement at the end... And i really believe it to be some kind of mis-information or some kind of insiders remark... It was to quick, too poignant in it's delivery... Sorry for not adding my IMO part of the original post