Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Exposed value of the Iraqi Dinar

Aqua Dude

1 to 1 is a complete possibility if Iraq has the assets to support it. In another sense the Iraqi dinar has shot up and shot down by 1500 multiple times. October 95 it lost over 1500, Jan 1996 it recovered about 1500, March 1997 it lost around 1200, june 2001 it lost around 1000, now forgranted that this is when Saddam was in office. After Saddam, July 2004 it recovered 1500. The Iraqi Dinar has always been a large mover on the rates.

Link

http://www.oanda.com/currency/historical-rates/

• Upvote 2

1 to 1 is a complete possibility if Iraq has the assets to support it. In another sense the Iraqi dinar has shot up and shot down by 1500 multiple times. October 95 it lost over 1500, Jan 1996 it recovered about 1500, March 1997 it lost around 1200, june 2001 it lost around 1000, now forgranted that this is when Saddam was in office. After Saddam, July 2004 it recovered 1500. The Iraqi Dinar has always been a large mover on the rates.

Link

http://www.oanda.com/currency/historical-rates/

Interesting points..

Now if we can just get it to move up another 1170, we'd be in business :)

• Upvote 1

I have respect for the creator of this website, but i beg to differ

The authors of the plan have already stated that:

"it is essential to re-establish the base purchasing and foreign exchange value of the NID(New Iraqi Dinar) as it was in the 1970's"

(see link PAGE 14 Paragraph 3)

earlier in the document they said"

"It was beyond the imagination of the Iraqi's that the foreign exchange value of the Iraqi Dinar(OLD Iraqi Dinar) in the Late seventies was 1 ID to $3.3 USD..."

(see link PAGE 14 Paragraph 1)

in closing of the thought they said:

"This means that 1 NID = 6000 ID = $1 USD."

LINK:

http://www.gwu.edu/~...rastructure.pdf

It states right there in the PLAN that the value will be at least 1 to 1

for all that know how "THEY" work, they must tell us what they are doing BEFORE they do it, and this document was released A LOOOOONG time ago, letting us know what thet are going to do BEFORE they do it....this is how THEY always do....in movies.....in literature....if you're keen enough, you will have FREE(d) YOUR MIND

+1 if you can read the provided link and believe the plan over any article, any rumor, any guru, any mod, and/or anyone

+1 if you like evidence that i always show with back up links as proof

+1 if you believed the 1 to 1 as the most viable option

+1 if you aren't looking at ways to discredit me by attacking me personally and calling me confused or un-intelligent in any form or fashion like some keeps like to do.

-1 if you're brain dead

:tiphat:

Bumpers

Great post Aqua Dude..thanks.

Your right, it does talk about 1 NID being equal to 1 USD, but it seems that this was to be the plan for the original exchange in 2004 with the new currency.

That they would switch out the Saddam dinar (ID) for the current dinar (NID) at a ratio of 6000 to 1, and that the (NID) would be equal to 1 USD....

But instead they switched out ID for NID (which we hold now) at a ratio of 1 to 1....

The plan is definately to get the value back to the 3 dollar range, and they have the opportunity to do so but they need alot of work still......it will definately take sometime....

Using the statements you did to validate they want the dinar 1 to 1 with the USD could still be taken from reading it, but with the equation they used it doesnt make any sense or fit simply because we have the NID and it was exchanged at a much lower ratio (probly due to the fact they didnt wanna piss off the people of Iraq by telling them it takes 6000 saddam dinars to get 1 of the new ones....that probly would not have sat so well with the citizens. But im not saying that they cant get it 1 to 1 or that its not the plan.....just that there are many ways to get that....

Nice try but no! Thank you, come again!

So the original plan was to redenominate at a rate of 6,000 IQD to 1 NID to increase it's value and that is a good thing? :blink:

6,000 ID, not IQD

IQD=NID

• Upvote 1

Nice try but no! Thank you, come again!

Then do please lecture me on why or how Im reading this wrong.....

ID= Iraqi Dinar (aka saddam notes) NID = New Iraqi Dinar (what we hold now)

No matter how you slice it, the equation does not work in our favor.....If you want to get technical about it, and say that we have ID now, that equation would mean that we would have to have 6000 dinar to equal 1 of the new new dinar that hasent come out yet....thats worse then the RD plan the CBI has been talking about....either way it makes no sense....

But you seem to have it figured out so could you share...

Edited by keepmwlknfny
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Using the statements you did to validate they want the dinar 1 to 1 with the USD could still be taken from reading it, but with the equation they used it doesnt make any sense or fit simply because we have the NID and it was exchanged at a much lower ratio (probly due to the fact they didnt wanna piss off the people of Iraq by telling them it takes 6000 saddam dinars to get 1 of the new ones....that probly would not have sat so well with the citizens. But im not saying that they cant get it 1 to 1 or that its not the plan.....just that there are many ways to get that....

So, I guess giving them 1 New Dinar Note after the RD for 1,000 of the NID as you say they're going to do, isn't?

-

:blink: :blink: There will be no RD just like there will be no HUGE RV. :blink: :blink:

They keep talking about an RD but it never gets done and it wont get done.

Until you see an actual bill come out and circulated where it is equal in value to its 3 zero counterpart, its not done!

The IRaqis are the biggest pumpers of all.

All that we know is what CBI is currently reporting with their M1 / M2

We as foreigners have bought a ton of their currency.....

Its been 7 or 8 years and they haven't RD but guess what they knew then in 2004 what they know now about the condition of their currency....

Does it take that long to do an RD? To decide?

They're not going too but they will let it appreciate soon. With 4 Trillion dinars in circulation, they got their people to turn in a lot of dinars; guess what group of people who hold a lot of dinars is next?

Us...

They will update their financials as they raise the exchange rate slowly and they do that by taking money out of the system. For those who are skeptical of this outcome! Contraction will occur!!

So dont be surprised if an RV or RD of 1 to 1 doesn't happen. Obviously in both of those scenarios we are all cashing out fast....Do you think those muslims in Iraq want to lose all that money at once to pay us infedels out??? If it was an RD what would have been the point of this excercise? Their reserves will be sacked and there will be little to no interest in their currency afterwards!! If it were an RV....under the current monetary policy ugghhh...not happening!

We bought this for one reason and for the Iraqi's the only way out is too keep stalling and eventually let the currency appreciate up. They probably have a range in mind.

• Upvote 1

:blink: :blink: There will be no RD just like there will be no HUGE RV. :blink: :blink:

They keep talking about an RD but it never gets done and it wont get done.

Until you see an actual bill come out and circulated where it is equal in value to its 3 zero counterpart, its not done!

The IRaqis are the biggest pumpers of all.

All that we know is what CBI is currently reporting with their M1 / M2

We as foreigners have bought a ton of their currency.....

Its been 7 or 8 years and they haven't RD but guess what they knew then in 2004 what they know now about the condition of their currency....

Does it take that long to do an RD? To decide?

They're not going too but they will let it appreciate soon. With 4 Trillion dinars in circulation, they got their people to turn in a lot of dinars; guess what group of people who hold a lot of dinars is next?

Us...

They will update their financials as they raise the exchange rate slowly and they do that by taking money out of the system. For those who are skeptical of this outcome! Contraction will occur!!

So dont be surprised if an RV or RD of 1 to 1 doesn't happen. Obviously in both of those scenarios we are all cashing out fast....Do you think those muslims in Iraq want to lose all that money at once to pay us infedels out??? If it was an RD what would have been the point of this excercise? Their reserves will be sacked and there will be little to no interest in their currency afterwards!! If it were an RV....under the current monetary policy ugghhh...not happening!

We bought this for one reason and for the Iraqi's the only way out is too keep stalling and eventually let the currency appreciate up. They probably have a range in mind.

i thought the indefels were the muslims according to western religions.....hmmm what do i kno!

good thing i don't beleive in religions!

• Upvote 1

6,000 ID, not IQD

IQD=NID

You stating that ID is not IQD? :lol:

check it

1 NID = 6000 ID = 1 USD

1=1

they all equal the same amount, ALL ARE OUT NOW

i don't know whats confusing, you don't need to write three paragraphs to try and tell me im wrong, its simple...

The document is stating that a redenomination of 6,000 to 1 would have been required to increase the value to what it once had.

They didn't do the redenomination at that time, and instead exchanged at a 1:1 which didn't raise the value to what it once had.

Did not doing the redenomination then allow them to not have to do a redenomination now that the monetary base is 15 or so times larger?

None of us want a redenomination to happen, that is fact. But, IMO, putting up articles and/or documents that clearly show a redenomination does not help the argument against it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

check it

1 NID = 6000 ID = 1 USD

1=1

they all equal the same amount, ALL ARE OUT NOW

i don't know whats confusing, you don't need to write three paragraphs to try and tell me im wrong, its simple...

Im not trying to tell you that your wrong, just want clarification on how that means the value of the dinar has been exposed?

Your seeing it in a different way and I want to know how you come to that conclusion.

Now your saying all of them are out now? You mean the (ID) old dinar and the (NID) new dinar are out together right now?? Really??? Where?

Those are two different currencies (ID) and (NID)....the "N" is usually used to mean new when a design change is made, which would make that the dinar we hold now, which is what was being referred to in this document. So what dinar is out now, that takes 6000 of it, to equal another type of dinar and which that one is worth 1 USD??

Was not going to respond to this post till I got to the last remark.

Dang Keep enough already, we get you're point.

Now I am beginning to know what people feel like when I push

the issue of my faith too much. Gonna have to take that into

consideration.

You get my point?? Enough of what? The whole ID and NID topic we are talking about? Sheesh....we just started conversating about it and Im still confused as to how Aqua is reaching the conclusion that he is.....is that whats upsetting to you or annoying you?? Is everything ok?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Keep is being dense on purpose. ID (6000) is the old Saddam notes. NID (1) is the IQD, or what we hold now.

Did you mean Aqua??

Thats the whole point that I brought up from the get go....that the ID is saddam notes, and the NID is what we hold now which is why the equation he based his post off of doesnt make any sense and cant be considered valid.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Great Post! JMHO, and I have stated it many times, is that they need to come in at least a little over the dollar, so that they can eliminate the US Currency, and get the Iraqi's using their own currency. There are so many ways that they can accomplish this, but I really think they will keep it simple, with an RV, and then phase out the old currency, while introducing the new currency. :)

Keeppppp, don't shoot me brother!!! :lol:

Like I said before, this is JMHO, and I respect the opinion of the others that think this might lop. There is possibilities of either. :blink:

Let's hope I am right about this, and we all walk away......HAPPY! :D

Go RV!!!

:):):)

NO LOP! NO WAY! But i do think that it make sense to come out around $0.10 then end about $1.70 ish before they set a time limit to cash in on the larger notes. But also let's hope that's wrong i would love to see a mid $2 possible $3. That would blow everyones mind.

• Upvote 1

i made it very clear

ID is old notes.....they are out there in circulation.....not all old notes are destroyed.....some still do exsist....so yes they are OUT THERE like i said

NID is the new notes= IQD.....they are out there in circulation.....the document doesn't refer to Dinars as IQD but rather NID to emphasize, back then, that a new dinar will be created.....and new dinar were created, what we hold now...the IQD....so yes they are OUT THERE like i said

i never said they are out there together AND being accepted as payment....get your head out the clouds and read what i say for face value....

to get one NID, iraqi had to give up 6000 old Dinars(ID) and according to the planm in the future both 1 NID which was recieved by giving up 6000 ID will be worth 1 USD

its not hard.....and no....Sanssouci doesn't mean aqua!

dense like a dwarf

May I ask how you all made it to that article, I tried several times, but it said it could not be found! Thanks in advance for any help.

by clicking on the link that takes you directly to it, that link is in the first post of this topic, you must have adobe reader installed on your machine to see it

go to www.adobe.com to get adobe reader installed for free

Edited by Aqua Dude
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

i made it very clear

ID is old notes.....they are out there in circulation.....not all old notes are destroyed.....some still do exsist....so yes they are OUT THERE like i said

NID is the new notes= IQD.....they are out there in circulation.....the document doesn't refer to Dinars as IQD but rather NID to emphasize, back then, that a new dinar will be created.....and new dinar were created, what we hold now...the IQD....so yes they are OUT THERE like i said

i never said they are out there together AND being accepted as payment....get your head out the clouds and read what i say for face value....

to get one NID, iraqi had to give up 6000 old Dinars(ID) and according to the planm in the future both 1 NID which was recieved by giving up 6000 ID will be worth 1 USD

So taking what you say at face value, there are old dinar in circulation meaning being used still (even though they are not even recognized as a valid currency and cant be used)

And that Iraqis had to exchange 6000 old ones to get one of the new ones we hold today.

Wow.....this must be breaking news to everyone in Iraq then and it seems everyone took advantage of the CBI during the last exchange cause it was supposed to be exchanged 6000 to 1 but yet everyone got the old exchanged at a 1 to 1 ratio (except for swiss dinar).

Someone better let Shabs know that this plan didnt work out as it was written and that they have to go back after the citizens for more dinar for everything to fit correctly as stated in this plan. And someone should let him know that they are off on the exchange rate by about 1169 dinars.....

Im trying to lead you to the water Aqua, do you see it yet?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I have respect for the creator of this website, but i beg to differ

The authors of the plan have already stated that:

"it is essential to re-establish the base purchasing and foreign exchange value of the NID(New Iraqi Dinar) as it was in the 1970's"

earlier in the document they said"

"It was beyond the imagination of the Iraqi's that the foreign exchange value of the Iraqi Dinar(OLD Iraqi Dinar) in the Late seventies was 1 ID to $3.3 USD..."

(see link PAGE 14 Paragraph 1)

in closing of the thought they said:

"This means that 1 NID = 6000 ID = $1 USD."

LINK:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB198/FOI%20Economy%20and%20Infrastructure.pdf

It states right there in the PLAN that the value will be at least 1 to 1

for all that know how "THEY" work, they must tell us what they are doing BEFORE they do it, and this document was released A LOOOOONG time ago, letting us know what thet are going to do BEFORE they do it....this is how THEY always do....in movies.....in literature....if you're keen enough, you will have FREE(d) YOUR MIND

+1 if you can read the provided link and believe the plan over any article, any rumor, any guru, any mod, and/or anyone

+1 if you like evidence that i always show with back up links as proof

+1 if you believed the 1 to 1 as the most viable option

+1 if you aren't looking at ways to discredit me by attacking me personally and calling me confused or un-intelligent in any form or fashion like some keeps like to do.

-1 if you're brain dead

:tiphat:

Bumpers

I suspect I qualify as "brain dead" and will get my well deserved negative 1 for asking this silly question...Why is a pre-war plan,nearly 10 yrs.old,even worth debating..

It seems,to me at least,that none of the suggestions or recommendations put forth in that plan have come to fruition..infrastructure,oil production,water,electricity,food,education,housing,stable government etc...

• Upvote 3

I suspect I qualify as "brain dead" and will get my well deserved negative 1 for asking this silly question...Why is a pre-war plan,nearly 10 yrs.old,even worth debating..

It seems,to me at least,that none of the suggestions or recommendations put forth in that plan have come to fruition..infrastructure,oil production,water,electricity,food,education,housing,stable government etc...

Another valid point....

i cant lie...but iraqis don't hold saddam dinar anymore....just saying

Just one of the points Ive been trying to get across to him as nicely as I can.....

• Upvote 1