Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

From a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer

carlablum

Please pass this on to all the other retired Vets and gun owners...Thanks

From a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer:

I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out

something very interesting that I would like to pass along.

While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the

end of the exam, three questions:

1. Did I feel stressed?

2. Did I feel threatened?

3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered yes to any of the

questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have

gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to

Homeland Security.

Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun people like retired law

enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians, what

argument will they have? Be forewarned and be aware.

The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and

gun owners potential terrorists. Whether

you are a gun owner veteran or not, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !

If you know veterans and gun owners, please pass this on to them. Be very

cautious about what you say and to whom.

Another response to an e-mail i recieved.angry.gif

I didn't have this happen, but then I wasn't at a VA doctors office. I did run into a little of this when I had to visit a doctor other than my regular doctor when my doctor was on vacation. One of the questions on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any guns in your house?? My answer was None of your darn business!! So it is out there! It is either an insurance issue or government intervention. Either way, it is out there and the second the government gets into your medical records (As they want to under Obamacare) it will become a major issue and will ultimately result in lock and load!!

Edited by carlablum
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1. Did I feel stressed?

Homeland Security.

Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun people like retired law

I didn't have this happen, but then I wasn't at a VA doctors office. I did run into a little of this when I had to visit a doctor other than my regular doctor when my doctor was on vacation. One of the questions on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any guns in your house?? My answer was None of your darn business!! So it is out there! It is either an insurance issue or government intervention. Either way, it is out there and the second the government gets into your medical records (As they want to under Obamacare) it will become a major issue and will ultimately result in lock and load!!

I am a Viet Nam Veteran and I go to VA Hospital perodically I have never been asked that question! However if you have a aggressive personalty then you may be screened!........................!Hope you're OK

• Upvote 1

For what it's worth:

Veterans can lose their weapons permit if they answer yes to three questions in a medical exam-Fiction!

Summary of the eRumor:

A forwarded email that cautions veterans about questions that maybe asked while in treatment at the Veterans Hospital. The email says that if a veteran is asked about being stressed, feeling threatened or wanting to harm someone and if their answer is yes they could lose any authorization to carry a concealed weapon.

The Truth:

This one is fiction. A spokesperson at the Veterans Hospital told TruthorFiction.com that all patients are protected by doctor/patient confidentiality and any information taken by the Veterans Administration (VA) is never shared with any outside agencies. The only exemption to the case would be if a hospital were asked to assist in a criminal investigation.

The three questions about feeling stressed, threatened and desiring to harm others are to test for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) which some of our men and women in the armed services have suffered as a result of combat. This test is administered to many patients who served in the Gulf War, Afghanistan and Iraq.

updated 05/18/09

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/v/va-test-permit.htm

• Upvote 1

The company I currently work for now, ask those same question every year. I don't think President Obama should be blame for everything.

Hell the military has stress card now, maybe they won't get issued a weapon now.

Edited by army03

For what it's worth:

Veterans can lose their weapons permit if they answer yes to three questions in a medical exam-Fiction!

The Truth:

This one is fiction. emot-questioned.gifA spokesperson at the Veterans Hospital told TruthorFiction.com that all patients are protected by doctor/patient confidentiality and any information taken by the Veterans Administration (VA) is never shared with any outside agencies. updated 05/18/09

http://www.truthorfi...test-permit.htm

And because a spokes-person from the Va told TruthorFiction.com, it's set in stone and truth in your mind?....................Oh Brother.......mindless peopleemot-questioned.gif

• Downvote 2

We are being inundated every possible way by oppression and control.

One of my professional bonds was due to expire recently.

Utilizing the same bonding company I have used for years, I did the same procedure in years past, called my agent and paid the fee.

Apparently the state had changed the rules without notifying the business owners that would be affected.

Long story short, even though the state knew the bond was renewed, they did not receive notice in the new, multiple steps and burdensome process they never told anyone about anyway.

In the 2 business days it took to process the document, my company was considered a threat to the public and was about to be put on a terrorist list.

They then had justification to charge yet ANOTHER fee to post the stupid dang bond, and I was once again a compliant business and no longer a terrorist.

It may sound funny, but understand the damage these people can do to you in their pursuit of creative money collection scams.

It seems the government agencies are jumping on the "terrorist" bandwagon in order to justify many new taxes, all just to increase revenue.

And because a spokes-person from the Va told TruthorFiction.com, it's set in stone and truth in your mind?....................Oh Brother.......mindless peopleemot-questioned.gif

If you read the top, it was a 'take it for what it's worth'. But since you brought up the 'mindless' comment, do you automatically believe all the rumors on the internet? If so, you should respond to the Canadian Lottery emails or the Nigerian 'send me 2K and I will send you 250K' garbage.

There is something that doesn't make sense with the rumor, however. Concealed gun permits are issued through the State authority, not the Federal. So it doesn't make much sense that the HMS would have immediate authority to revoke anyone's license.

For what it's worth:

Summary of the eRumor:

A forwarded email that cautions veterans about questions that maybe asked while in treatment at the Veterans Hospital. The email says that if a veteran is asked about being stressed, feeling threatened or wanting to harm someone and if their answer is yes they could lose any authorization to carry a concealed weapon.

The Truth:

This one is fiction. A spokesperson at the Veterans Hospital told TruthorFiction.com that all patients are protected by doctor/patient confidentiality and any information taken by the Veterans Administration (VA) is never shared with any outside agencies. The only exemption to the case would be if a hospital were asked to assist in a criminal investigation.

The three questions about feeling stressed, threatened and desiring to harm others are to test for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) which some of our men and women in the armed services have suffered as a result of combat. This test is administered to many patients who served in the Gulf War, Afghanistan and Iraq.

updated 05/18/09

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/v/va-test-permit.htm

I had an employee with a drug problem.

Gave him a choice, rehab or find a new job.

a week after he came back he tested positive.

His parting statement was one of the counselors had told him about a trick to beat their outpatient testing.

I was at the same time glad he was lied to, and sad the rehab center lied to their own patient.

Sorry, I have learned to trust no government agency.

I am also a vet, and have the VA health card.

I don't remember the exact questions as it was a year ago, but do remember some relating to my emotional condition that were not related to the shoulder injury I was in there about.

• Upvote 1

updated 05/18/09 LMAO!!!!

Obam and his Admin have done a lot of damage since 5 of 09. I am also not at liberty to question this Vets experience either. But I do thank him for passing on the info with concern.

For what it's worth:

Summary of the eRumor:

The Truth:

updated 05/18/09

http://www.truthorfi...test-permit.htm

If you read the top, it was a 'take it for what it's worth'. But since you brought up the 'mindless' comment, do you automatically believe all the rumors on the internet? If so, you should respond to the Canadian Lottery emails or the Nigerian 'send me 2K and I will send you 250K' garbage.

There is something that doesn't make sense with the rumor, however. Concealed gun permits are issued through the State authority, not the Federal. So it doesn't make much sense that the HMS would have immediate authority to revoke anyone's license.

Did you think I was talking about you?........................... Hmmm.......... interestinglaugh.gif

Did you think I was talking about you?........................... Hmmm.......... interestinglaugh.gif

Considering the 'in your mind' statement, how else was it supposed to read? Hmmmm... :lol:

updated 05/18/09 LMAO!!!!

Obam and his Admin have done a lot of damage since 5 of 09. I am also not at liberty to question this Vets experience either. But I do thank him for passing on the info with concern.

Yeah, 05/18/09 because that is how long this rumor has been circulating the internet. :lol:

Considering the 'in your mind' statement, how else was it supposed to read? Hmmmm... laugh.gif

Yeah, 05/18/09 because that is how long this rumor has been circulating the internet. laugh.gif

I'm not sure what you are trying to debunk. This is not a rumor, this was an experience of a vet, so why would you be so defensive? I don't like to play around in rumors as you do so please keep it together.

Wow a little on edge are you?

Sorry to have offended you in any way!! LOL

Carla

Considering the 'in your mind' statement, how else was it supposed to read? Hmmmm... laugh.gif

Yeah, 05/18/09 because that is how long this rumor has been circulating the internet. laugh.gif

I'm not sure what you are trying to debunk. This is not a rumor, this was an experience of a vet, so why would you be so defensive? I don't like to play around in rumors as you do so please keep it together.

Carla

Carla

Not offended in any manner. You just seemed to not understand that this rumor/story has been floating around the internet for a couple of years now.

BTW, you don't know if this was indeed an experience made by a Vet or someone simply stirring the pot.

My original post was simply pointing out that there are sources/sites, which I only posted one, that state the story is untrue.

Why be so sensitive when someone posts something that challenges the validity of a rumor you posted? :lol:

And because a Nurse at the VA told the first VET that Homeland Security was going to take his guns away if he answered yes, it's set in stone in your mind???? Oh Brother, mindless people that think this administration (which has actually expanded gun rights) is out to get them and their guns..... :blink::blink:

• Upvote 2

Have fun!!!

This is an article at moaa,org (military officers association of America) one of many i visit when I want real news about VA and benefits.

http://www.moaablogs.org/battleofthebilge/2009/06/va_screening_gun_permits/

Evaluation and commentary

There are many logical problems with this email (tip of the hat to VA Watchdog for some crucial details, and if they are calling Bilge on a VA matter you can take it to the bank):

The first line gives the wrong name for the VA, a dead giveaway from the start. The U.S. Veterans Administration is not the name of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

The DVA is strict in upholding patient/doctor confidentiality, and does not report information to the Department of Homeland Security unless there’s been a commission of a crime. Being stressed, feeling threatened and having thoughts of harming others are not crimes by any stretch of legalities.

DHS has no bearing on whether or not a concealed carry permit is issued. Depending on state laws it is the responsibility of the state, county or city of residence of the citizen.

There is no record of DHS asking DVA to ask these questions, and even if they did, the DVA is an independent cabinet position and not under the jurisdiction of DHS.

The lack of any good specifics, such as a location, person, etc…

These are questions that veterans of combat are routinely asked during examinations to look for signs of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and they’ve been a part of screening for longer than Obama has been president.

For further details of the realities of gun control in the Obama era, please read our own analysis, found here. There have not been any significant changes to the situation since that article was written.

Why do people still believe all te BS they receive thru email?? I got an email saying the Brooklyn bridge is up for sale and really cheap who wants me to forward the email??

Read up the quote I just posted.

Carla

I am a Vet and I challenge this BS because I have been asked this question and it has nothing to do with trying to take away your guns, it has to do with finding DAV's that have PTSD that have gone undiagnosed. There are many veterans, myself included, that have a very serious problem its called "chivalrous macho syndrome" we tend not to tell anybody in what condition we are in because we can't or don't want to show weakness or we would let our conditions get worse because "there is always somebody in worse condition than me.

Unless you have seen or experienced the seriousness PTSD is and what damage it can do to a veteran and anybody close to him/her, you dont know what you are talking about.

Edited by Weapon X
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mongo...that lil dude in pic looks like a relative of mine from E kentuckie.

dang for a texsun you have gotta case a gotcha! cool your buffs friend...Mongo is short for Mongolian. he'll make sushi outta ya!

1. Did I feel stressed?

Homeland Security.

I had the same questions asked of me.

I told the nurse, "Hell ya...terribly depressed...good thing there is no tall buildings in my town." Why she said, "Why would you jump from one?" I said, "No, I would climb up there and start shooting." The nurse said, "Really?" I laughed and told her I was just joking, all was fine. It is nice to still live in a part of the country where folks have the ability to be themselves without being locked down.