Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar Rumor My gut says lower rv

drox

Jim K said

A Rookies theory

Here goes What if the hold up is a little more complicated then we are being led to

beleive? Suppose the world powers are holding more of this currency then people like us know about? What if the big argument right now is that the same big 5 are pushing for the RV to be high like we all want. Even might be willing to back such a type of manuever to inject each of the countries mentioned and whoever else that owns the currency with the largest wealth infusion modern times

have seen. And maybe Iraq is desperatly fighting this tooth and nail knowing that the wealth of Iraq is being reappropriated to the world at their expense. I'm not an economics

guru like some claim but it could be some real voo-doo if suddenly this kind of cash infusion hit a depressed world market. Like I said, just a thought.....

I have similar thoughts but I see a different direction. Please note that I know Jack Squat about currency trading or world markets. However, this is a huge natural resource country and every country wants a piece of that action to get some kind of a foot hold for future generations for their own country's citizens. Kind of like getting in early to be a part of the friends and family discounts down the line (oil and as a potential new trade market buddy). I so want to believe that it will RV between $1-$3 but that seems so far- fetched to me. Common sense tells me they will RV much lower (under .30). In effect, they are banking on their own potential/progress as a viable and marketable nation to dictate a slower move up in the currency value over time.

For a couple of reasons... First, massive infusions of money could be a problem to worldwide economies upsetting the balances in ways that are above my pay grade to comprehend. It may sound like

Iraq is a proud nation and Saddam was routed out when the dinar was worth upwards of $3.22. With his departure settled, we find that Iraq will now become either number 1 or number 2 in the world for oil exports and that contracts have already been signed that greatly benefit Iraq's oil interest under very favorable terms for their nation. As a betting man, I feel the GOI will reinstate the dinar to its original value point of departure and get down to the full task of rebuilding their country.

IMO if it below a $1, you will have more investors buying the dinar through FOREX. Then more will be going out then is coming in. I've dealt with penny stocks not the same but close to the same thing. If a good investment only jumps a little and the outlook is good for more wealth, then alot of other investors will be looking to make money also. This is only IMO.

I too vote for your theory and I count on it being close o accurate. There are too many factors involved which the UNSC and the other world powers control Iraqs debt exposure, and they want Iraq to emerge victoriously. Why? Because the world economy benefits from their re-emergance.

I always appreciate a disclaimer like that early in a long post. That's when I know I can stop reading it. :shakehead:

Good point! I always start mine off that way so that I don't waste anyone's time. LOL . I wonder when his "GUT" tells him it will RV? I also wonder what it sounds like when it tells him things. I don't want to know what it smells like!

Jackdavis1364 and spec investor... you make me laugh. I bet you would have paid attention if I would have picked an arbitrary date out of my a$$ like everyone else you DO pay attention to. This was simply a discussion of a different point of view and not a prediction. I was encouraging input. Jack I have seen your posts you are just a bitter dude and really offer nothing to any discussion I have seen so far. If I had a moon calendar I would pick the next full moon and give you a date. I bet you're bummed the world is gonna end in 2012 huh? Darn Mayan calendar.

Kent...you are so right about my math being off I was just trying to make an easy reference. 350 times better probably isn't gonna help anyone. (haha) BTW... I appreciated your post clarifying actual currency numbers.

Drox

Don't listen to these guys. What you said makes perfect sense. Even Adam, though he hopes for more, really believes the RV will come in at 10 cents. I read it on one of his chats recently. If you are Iraq and have to buy back all the Dinar, why would you pay more, at least originally. RV at 10 or 20 cents, draw in most of the money, then RV again at a better rate or let the Dinar slowly seek its own level.

Believe me, I hope it doesn't happen this way, but it does make sense.

I'm going to stick my head in the sand and hope they stick something over $1.50 RV up my a.... !

bobstick, I take the stick and you bend over bench: I'd do it for you real nice. Hey! don't be cheeky, eh? Because I fear you may hurt yourself. Rest assured that I am not a g ay at all - I am a normal Muslim with sanity. I was asking you to bend over bench with your head on and not in the sand like an ostrich and that was bad!

Jackdavis1364 and spec investor... you make me laugh. I bet you would have paid attention if I would have picked an arbitrary date out of my a$$ like everyone else you DO pay attention to. This was simply a discussion of a different point of view and not a prediction. I was encouraging input. Jack I have seen your posts you are just a bitter dude and really offer nothing to any discussion I have seen so far. If I had a moon calendar I would pick the next full moon and give you a date. I bet you're bummed the world is gonna end in 2012 huh? Darn Mayan calendar.

Kent...you are so right about my math being off I was just trying to make an easy reference. 350 times better probably isn't gonna help anyone. (haha) BTW... I appreciated your post clarifying actual currency numbers.

You are obviously thinking of someone else. There is no one more optomistic than I am. I know there is going to be a Revalue, no lop and that it will probably be this weekend at 3.86. Does that sound bitter? The only negative you have heard from me are directed to the stupid loppers that just cannot get it through their thick skulls that there will be NO LOP.

The Minister of Finance said himself that it will be equal to the dollar or a little higher. I dont have a link, go check a Medic chat it is there, and it is not fake.

To All: It is important to do research, the facts are there. There is no such thing as common sense or everyone would have the same answer. You do not know what Iraq is thinking, but you can find out some of their thoughts by reading news articles and not rumors.

But I like rumors too.

Ok... I certainly hope you are right and I am wrong. I agree with the frustration w/ the loppers. Just trying to think it thru from a common sensical approach on all of it. Redenomination makes sense. RV makes sense. Feels like Iraq is ready. I don't quite see how they could afford your number but please make it happen! Had to give you crap back.

"Dryden01" I heard that the 3.22 rate that everyone is talking about back when Saddam was in charge was a false rate. Saddam set that rate arbitrarily, and the Dinar was not traded globally back then. No other countries recognized the Iraqi Dinar as a legitimate currency at that time. I have heard this from numerous sources over the years.

I see this from a different view. If 1 dinar is equal to 1000 dinar in USD (purchasing power) after the removal of the 3 zeros then the RV MUST be +1170 % for 1 dinar or $1.17 USD to keep the same purchasing power of the dinar after the zeros removal. This means the dinar we hold now will be devalued by 1000 % & therefore NOT be the windfall we expect. We just break even. I see no problem with $1.17 RV if they remove the 3 zeros at the same time as the RV. It means less dinar to carry for purchases & 1000 % less $ WORLD WIDE they must cover after the RV. It also would let the 2 currency values co-exist. IMO if the dinar every iraqi has in hand increased in value by 1000% it would lead to hyper inflation & chaos. IMO we probably will make a small profit from this as in usual currency exchanges. Why would we expect that they "owe" us such a huge profit just because we bought some of their currency. I believe after the RV that the dinar will float to become comparable with it's neighbors currency. This would be more reasonable in our profit expectations. IMHO It is easy for our greed to blind us to common reason & expectations.