Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Center for the Study: economic chaos threatening the investments fleeing from Iraq

Warned the International Center for Development Studies of the high rates of inflation in Iraq to the numbers may exceed the 10% in the next few months, after it reached an average of up to approximately 6% during the third quarter of this year 2011.

The Center said that the prices of commodities, particularly food and fuel will witness a remarkable increase of the burden of the Iraqi citizen simple.

وHe attributed the status of this increase to several factors the most important policy advances large government granted by the Iraqi government to the staff and the size of financial aid and loans, which leads to the accumulation and the growth in the money supply in the Iraqi market and reduces the strength of the Iraqi dinar purchasing power without creating real investment opportunities develop national wealth or maintain power.

And supports these expectations the sharp rise in food prices around the world and the adoption of Iraq is almost entirely on imports to get food consumption basket. أAdd to that the concerns arising from the economic recession in the global capital markets which will reflect negatively on oil prices, which is expected to reach below the barrier of $ 90 per barrel.

The Director of the Center, an economist Sadiq Hussain Rikabi that Iraq will be in the unenviable position if oil prices fell to below those levels, because of its adoption by 95% as derived from oil revenues.

The center said in a statement that the current monetary policy of the Iraqi government does not serve the Iraqi people, but on the contrary, it is expected in the trap of a major financial and restricts future forbidden to make any progress on development.

He warned that the current monetary policy lead to the Iraqi government to lower the value of the Iraqi currency and to the more negative effects of this particular, with regard to the ability to attract foreign investment. He pointed out that Global investment funds prefer markets stable financially and politically, which is not seen in the Iraqi economy, the current, noting that millions of dollars out of the circle of the Iraqi economy in recent years to invest in regional countries adjacent to the existence of incentives and laws encouraging attract capital to it.

He stressed the International Center for Development Studies on the need to speed up Iraq to diversify its economy and to focus these investments on new sectors not only on the energy sector, saying that investment in agriculture, industry and services in addition to human resource development has become a matter of urgency to get out of the cycle of dependence on oil as the only source of income .

The position that the economic risks posed to Iraq at the present time is not caused by lack of financial resources as they are caused by the inability to manage funds for Iraq and its resources properly, and called to the need for private sector participation in the development process especially in the sector of private banks which may result in development to create new investment opportunities to contribute to the progress of the economy and provide real jobs for large numbers of unemployed. (end)

http://translate.google.jo/translate?hl=ar&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.ipairaq.com/index.php

This is a great article. It states the good, the bad, and the ugly. In other words, the truth.

Inflation is our friend, but the country's instability would make a falafel maker think twice about investing there. Maybe a sand flea farm. That would be safe. At this rate, other than oil, sand fleas will be their only viable export.

So many opportunities and resources are being wasted, but I think I have gone beyond being embarrassed for them, and the anger phase is coming up on the horizon.

Many talk of the pride Iraqis have. I wonder if they know how absolutely ridiculous they look to the rest of the world. Of course, my comments are an accumulation of situations taking place for a while now, and not just this article.

Elixir, don't look for me at the light post this morning. Maybe tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

This is a great article. It states the good, the bad, and the ugly. In other words, the truth.

Inflation is our friend, but the country's instability would make a falafel maker think twice about investing there. Maybe a sand flea farm. That would be safe. At this rate, other than oil, sand fleas will be their only viable export.

So many opportunities and resources are being wasted, but I think I have gone beyond being embarrassed for them, and the anger phase is coming up on the horizon.

Many talk of the pride Iraqis have. I wonder if they know how absolutely ridiculous they look to the rest of the world. Of course, my comments are an accumulation of situations taking place for a while now, and not just this article.

Elixir, don't look for me at the light post this morning. Maybe tomorrow.

Perfectly Stated.....

They excel in not being ready for Prime Time

hi Dalite

i stay positive to all facts....and i like to consult expert :)

do u hav a timeline for RV?

Well, I am no expert....

I am just guessing like most every one else, but from a point of view that my limited understanding of economics guides me.

The most positive I can be is to again confirm that inflation remains our friend.

If it does go above 10%, there is a much lower possibility of RD.

Also, rising inflation calls for some economic tools to fight it, and making the existing money buy more is the easiest way to do that.

I don't believe we will see the large increases that many are counting on. A RV of a penny to a dinar would be a very pleasant surprise, and profitable.

But, like most others, I can't do much in predicting a date.

I would just continue to watch the inflation, and the CBI's press releases to see if they start running scared..

Wish I could offer more...

Thank you. It is nice to hear a comment from you.

I bumped the article because it was heading towards to bottom of the second page of news and was being missed. I thought it was significant enought to bump it for others to read.

Glad you liked it.

Thank you for the bump on this article i two thought it had some great news but i guess not lol but thanks for your great comments i really respect your op on dv :D