Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Chat 8:20a.m. 10-19-11

pluMmet

The Plan for Iraq calls for a 1 dollar reval initially. Perhaps this may be what Adan calls a dime. If you have the plan from the internet, it's on page 13. A dollar for dollar reval IMO. I hope I'm right.

Thank You Adam

Since Adam has always said 10 to 30 cents and he is now advocating double, that would mean that he is expecting 20 to 60 cents for a RV. Hope that helps everyone that was having a hard time deciphering what he meant. IMO we should be looking for an opening rate above $1.00 so that Iraqi's will start using the IQD and turn in the dollars they are currently using in day to day transactions (dedollarization). That would be the 400 billion US Dollars that out government shipped over in 2003 shortly after the war started. That 400 billion will be added to the CBI's foreign reserve currency and will be used to back the new rate. Kinda cool how that will work out for them huh?

I am really glad to see that Adam and the mods are taking action against the negative few that have run unchecked here until now. Name calling and belittling others who's opinions didn't match theirs in an effort to satisfy their own ego's. This type of behavior has run off a lot of decent respected people and kept many others from joining in on conversations and debates. I know because I am one who stopped getting involved for the most part. I am looking forward to seeing this change.

Some have voiced a concern that Keep will be banned. I don't believe that Keep or any of the other LOP or RD folks have to worry about being banned as long as they are able to present their views while being respectful to those that hold a differing opinion. When Adam said that he wanted to get rid of the negative folks, I don't believe he meant those with a different opinion from his, but those that present their opinion in a negative way. Again, by name calling and belittling others. Also those that post antagonistic negative posts with the intent of causing discontent among the other DV members and those individuals are always easy to spot. I might be wrong and if so, then my apologies for misunderstanding Adam's intent.

I worked hard when I first joined DV to bring positive content and understanding to the site and I think my respect meter proved that. Hopefully, with these changes, I will be able to participate here more.

I do have one suggestion for Adam and the mods. If in fact a member is banned for negativity, might I suggest that their IP address be banned as well so that they are not able to rejoin using another screen name. IMO if they aren't then the changes will be for naught.

• Upvote 2

I am really glad to see that Adam and the mods are taking action against the negative few that have run unchecked here until now. Name calling and belittling others who's opinions didn't match theirs in an effort to satisfy their own ego's. This type of behavior has run off a lot of decent respected people and kept many others from joining in on conversations and debates. I know because I am one who stopped getting involved for the most part. I am looking forward to seeing this change.

Some have voiced a concern that Keep will be banned. I don't believe that Keep or any of the other LOP or RD folks have to worry about being banned as long as they are able to present their views while being respectful to those that hold a differing opinion. When Adam said that he wanted to get rid of the negative folks, I don't believe he meant those with a different opinion from his, but those that present their opinion in a negative way. Again, by name calling and belittling others. Also those that post antagonistic negative posts with the intent of causing discontent among the other DV members and those individuals are always easy to spot. I might be wrong and if so, then my apologies for misunderstanding Adam's intent.

I worked hard when I first joined DV to bring positive content and understanding to the site and I think my respect meter proved that. Hopefully, with these changes, I will be able to participate here more.

I really think everyone should read this and when you are finished, READ IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

I think it has been made clear that by getting rid of the negative people Adam was not pointing a finger at the L0P'ers or the RD'ers!!

We are talking about the one liners that call people bad names and make it to where people don't even want to post

How many times does this need to be said???

Well said TPS!

Ok, here are my TwoCents.gif on what kind of members need to go away from this site!!

We have negative members that only make post like: What color tea is he drinking.............................BS, No one is going to make any money wegot f*ck.........., This is all BS to feed someone ego................ etc.......and has a negative rep of -290 plus

WHY do we need people like this?? What good are they doing here?? What do they contribute to this forum?? Why let them post these kind of post here at DV??

This person has no idea what the rules are for this site or do they care!!

PLUS, I think Adam said NEGATIVE people!!

I didn't read where he singled out LOP'rs or RD'rs in his post!!

Adam's response

Bumper pointed out an important fact - I am not going to target loppers or RD'ers. Constructive discussions are always going to be allowed and encouraged here!

But if your only goal is to run around proving as many people wrong as possible, I don't think we need you here. State your point, then walk away before you hit the melting point of too many "-"s.

This is for the good of the community - I want research and news posted in this site. Not negativity and naysaying.

I think the problem is when someone makes a post that some people don't agree with and the next thing you know people are calling the poster a idiot, dumba$ a tool etc..... These are the people we need to focus on IMO

Like I said before, people like Keepm, dalite and many other are needed on this site! Post that rip others apart for mis-spelling or making a wrong suggestion need to take a step back and make sure they are using some class when making their post or they need to go

I've noticed a more positive DV already, I haven't had to ban anyone all day and that makes me happy!

If we all would act like adults on here we wouldn't have to make these big changes.

We just need everyone to PLAY NICE with each other and we will be able to get DV back on tract.

Bump

How much more needs to be said on WHO the people are that need to go??

Bump

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok Bump,

but I would like to point something out........

[Adam Montana] In the near future, all "reputations" will be reset to 0

[Adam Montana] sorry if you have a great rep here!

[Adam Montana] after that happens, I will send an email

[Adam Montana] and all members will be notified that if your rep goes down to a certain level, you are out.

IMO, this takes it out of Adam (and mods) hands and into the hands of those MUCH less civilized that truly do want to "get rid" of anyone that speaks of the possibility of a LOP. Unless a mod is going to personally read through each post of the one about to be banned to see if the negs were warranted, I'm sorry, but the ones that scream LOP the loudest WILL be targeted. I don't think (I could be wrong here) that anyone suggested that ADAM was going to target those people. But let me say again.........under the guidelines that Adam spelled out, these people WILL be targeted. Now, if the plan is to review the situation BEFORE hitting the ban button, I think that's great! It just isn't what Adam said.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ok Bump,

but I would like to point something out........

[Adam Montana] In the near future, all "reputations" will be reset to 0

[Adam Montana] sorry if you have a great rep here!

[Adam Montana] after that happens, I will send an email

[Adam Montana] and all members will be notified that if your rep goes down to a certain level, you are out.

IMO, this takes it out of Adam (and mods) hands and into the hands of those MUCH less civilized that truly do want to "get rid" of anyone that speaks of the possibility of a LOP. Unless a mod is going to personally read through each post of the one about to be banned to see if the negs were warranted, I'm sorry, but the ones that scream LOP the loudest WILL be targeted. I don't think (I could be wrong here) that anyone suggested that ADAM was going to target those people. But let me say again.........under the guidelines that Adam spelled out, these people WILL be targeted. Now, if the plan is to review the situation BEFORE hitting the ban button, I think that's great! It just isn't what Adam said.

I knew you would have something to say :lol: :lol: I think people are making a Much bigger deal out of this then breeds to be

I don't think the "0" out the reputations thing is set in stone! This is just something we were and are talking about doing! We are discussing other ways of doing this also, I like the idea of putting in

T in a couple mods hands and anyone over say -100/150 and above is gone due to not bringing something to the plate that helps DV's members. It is easy to review these people's post and read their negative comments to see what kind of members they are.

I knew you would have something to say :lol: :lol: I think people are making a Much bigger deal out of this then breeds to be

I don't think the "0" out the reputations thing is set in stone! This is just something we were and are talking about doing! We are discussing other ways of doing this also, I like the idea of putting in

T in a couple mods hands and anyone over say -100/150 and above is gone due to not bringing something to the plate that helps DV's members. It is easy to review these people's post and read their negative comments to see what kind of members they are.

YOU MISSED ME!! Knew ya would :hug:

I got nuttin for this site other than a ton of questions and my rather odd sense of humor :(

• Upvote 1

I agree with the rate of .10-.30 to start with. Yes, the dinar eventually will have to be greater than or equal to the dollar, but not right away. They will not stop using the dollar overnight, nor will the exchange rate be equal to a dollar overnight. it will take time and a lot of effort to finally use the IQD rather than the USD. As the economy grows, the exchange rate, too, will grow. Too much of an initial 'jump' could be disastrous. Would I love to see a 1:1 rate? Who wouldn't? But realistically ( and as Adam has said all along) they will start very low and slowly increase...both as the economy prospers and the money supply is changed (removing the zero notes). The good thing is, it appears there will be time to wait (possibly until 2013) if you're dead set on the 1:1 (or higher) rate.

JMO and trying to stay grounded. Prepare for a low rate and hope it increases quickly!

• Upvote 1

I don't really understand that argument, although I've seen people put it forth fairly frequently. If big money hasn't scarfed up all the dinar at 0.086 cents, why would they scarf it all up at 20 cents?

That argument is simple.....most of the really wealthy people I know dont think its time to invest in Iraq yet. They wanna see a stable govt and consistency out of Iraq(who knows if they will ever see that) but in relation to "the big money" scarfing the dinar up now at 1170 isnt to intriguing to alot of wealthy people.

Now when the IQD becomes Internationally reconized and at .20 cents well then all bets are off on what the "big money" will do. Pretty simple if you ask me.....theres no use fot it yet but once it is....totally different story.....

I don't really understand that argument, although I've seen people put it forth fairly frequently. If big money hasn't scarfed up all the dinar at 0.086 cents, why would they scarf it all up at 20 cents?

Exactly correct....+1 for you....if any country or large corp was interested in buying dinar, why would they wait till it reached 20 cents???...I think a guru once said that and it caught on

• Upvote 1

Don't get me wrong, any RV is good to start with but coming out so low??? That would just open Iraq up to a feeding frenzy, not that being worth 1170 to 1 isn't but a successful RV may signal that Iraq is really open for business and ring the diner bell. I have my target number based on how much dinar I have minus the taxes and fees for cashing out and I'm sticking to it. However, if the RV is anywhere near my target, I may have to re-think what's more important; the time needed to wait to hit my target or the memories and living I could be doing with loved ones... Decisions, decisions, decisions... Take care all.