Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Chat 8:20a.m. 10-19-11

pluMmet

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the chat.

I do however have a question or two that hopefully you will see & answer for me. :)

This has maybe been addressed before.....I have retained so much dinar info, that I can no longer retain anymore! :blink:

I am just wondering if there is anything specific to your thinking it's likely for the rv to happen by Thanksgiving?

Anything to the fact that Islamic New Year begins November 26th? Do you think this is significant at all for our investment?

I do realize the difference of course between their FY 2012 starting Jan. 1st & the New Year as stated above.

Also, I do think myself that it will happen this year...however I still do have reservations on this thinking as well, such as....

I do wonder if it makes more sense to release the rate in next years budget vs this year. What's your thoughts on this?

Well, folks if a dime is true I am sure going to save a lot of federal reserve notes by not having to go to B or anyplace to cashin nor will I need to be concerned by using any of the information served up by Adam's many experts on investments.

I am sure Adam has an ear straight to Shabibi.

I sure hope you are wrong, Adam.

Adam has Stated in the Past that it May be a Scenario where it RV's, say at a Dime, then is Allowed to Increase over Time.

That is Where the Strength of This Investment Community can be Leveraged to Assess the RV when it Happens and Make an Informed Decision Moving Forward ( Cash some in and Reinvest etc..). ;)

B) B) B)

• Upvote 1

I'm VIP, and I like hearing about all of the possibilities. I have learned SOOOO much more than I would if this were the type of site where people were afraid to say anything other than "GO RV".

And I personally, would rather not have other people's interpretation of the bible "shoved down my throat", but I don't see anyone locking it away in a closet.

Appreciate. Thanks.... This is the Best Dinar Forum on the Net also or especially because there's a plurality of opinions ( Thanks Adam) which is always something good and constructive in creating an opinion freely instead of one voice choir.

Edited by umbertino

Adam,

I have a suggestion. On a certain date, everyone has to sign in and agree, again, to the terms of the site, which can be re-written with additional specifics (and I do not mean create a new account, but simply agree to the rules again --- this might be a logistical nightmate, I don't know). Rather than 0 out everyone, institute a policy of a points system. If you do not follow the etiquette rules, you get a warning from a mod. 3 warnings and you are banned. Simple. You read the rules. Agree. Don't adhere. Gone. History.

I don't like the 0 out system, because it is a good reference system when evaluating someone's opinion or stance on an issue.

Just my two fils.

Reasonable and sensible imo. Thanks.

Well said TPS!

Ok, here are my TwoCents.gif on what kind of members need to go away from this site!!

We have negative members that only make post like: What color tea is he drinking.............................BS, No one is going to make any money wegot f*ck.........., This is all BS to feed someone ego................ etc.......and has a negative rep of -290 plus

WHY do we need people like this?? What good are they doing here?? What do they contribute to this forum?? Why let them post these kind of post here at DV??

This person has no idea what the rules are for this site or do they care!!

PLUS, I think Adam said NEGATIVE people!! I didn't read where he singled out LOP'rs or RD'rs in his post!!

Ok Bumper.. It would then be sufficient to ban certain expressions ( like BS) without erasing all the points.

Who is this pink piggy you speak of?

:P

Welcome back... My Pig ( just being enthusiastic for friend's return.. not offensive nor negative)

I don't think that's fair at all. Some people here are rather vindictive, and walk around with their finger on the - button for someone they have had a simple disagreement with, and that goes for people on both sides of the LOP vs no LOP debate. I see this place emptying out real quick. :(

Keep in mind that a person is only allowed to give a few negatives a day, but you are allowed to give many more positives.

The reason I'm doing this is to even out all the "negative positive" people. The same people you are talking about also run around pushing the "+" button on every lop post.

So, what does this mean?

It means our true positive members will need to come out in force and change this site for the better. I'm counting on ALL OF YOU to make this happen.

Give the negative people -'s, give the helpful people +'s.

• Upvote 7

I am not sure, but I am suddenly craving, bacon & bbq pulled pork....

That doens't offend you, does it?

Not at all! Makes me hungry in fact :lol:

Welcome back... My Pig ( just being enthusiastic for friend's return.. not offensive nor negative)

Why thank you!

Keep in mind that a person is only allowed to give a few negatives a day, but you are allowed to give many more positives.

The reason I'm doing this is to even out all the "negative positive" people. The same people you are talking about also run around pushing the "+" button on every lop post.

So, what does this mean?

It means our true positive members will need to come out in force and change this site for the better. I'm counting on ALL OF YOU to make this happen.

Give the negative people -'s, give the helpful people +'s.

Negative is usually in the eye of the beholder.

If your intent is to create a more homogeneous group, then I think you will succeed. If your intent is to create a more pointed discussion with more critical thinking, then I'll think you'll be surprised by what you get. I've always been amused by how willing people on this site are to 'bite'. There is usually a clear signal by a given poster that he/she is trying to engender a knee-jerk reaction and inflame the general group here at DV. As intended, the audience here rarely disappoints. On the other hand, it seems clear that many people on DV, who post regularily, do so with an eye toward calculating how high their positives may get.

With respect to the dinar ... I appreciate that you have approached some real prognostication, with decent time-frames attached. We all only hope that your information is correct. And, of course, 20 - 25 cents would be phenomenal -- I've always felt that. Here's hoping!

TS

• Upvote 4

Bumper pointed out an important fact - I am not going to target loppers or RD'ers. Constructive discussions are always going to be allowed and encouraged here!

But if your only goal is to run around proving as many people wrong as possible, I don't think we need you here. State your point, then walk away before you hit the melting point of too many "-"s.

This is for the good of the community - I want research and news posted in this site. Not negativity and naysaying.

Adam,

Instead of zeroing everyone out, how about halving those with a positive reputation, and zeroing all negatives?

Not possible.

Who is this pink piggy you speak of?

:lol:

You guys ever notice that every Wed. that Adam is always in a hurry or in a rush.... Adam slow down and live a little :lol::lol:

If this was my only job, I'd have a lot more time for it! As it is, it takes a good couple hours to do a full chat - I have to read all the questions, take the time to research anything that isn't 100% at my fingertips at that exact moment, then spend at least an hour in chat answering the questions.

I don't know why people think I'm "rushed" on Wednesdays :lol: I just don't have all day to sit in chat! :P

• Upvote 3

I do not think this is going to push good debate out, I do think Adam is speaking the negative way people post their opinions. Daylite is a good example of debating with a positive influence. He doesn't just post opinions of an RD but the political aspect of Iraq. He does not drive people down with his opinions.

I agree with you. What I meant to say and I just wasn't clear the first time, sorry, unfortunately, I still have pregnant brain and the kid is 3, is that resetting everyone's reputation to zero will make it more difficult to ascertain someone's credibility. With some of the posts it's easy to discern where a person is coming from. Their member name might be Dinarisascam. Or they just joined today and are reporting the teller at the bank offered them 10k for a million Dinar. Those are easy to dismiss. But with other posts, you rely on the person's reputation to determine whether the post is credible. And that is especially the case in the Rumors section. Easy, Keepm, Patriotic Party Girl, Dalite, Aqua Dude, 20 Million Dinar, I am familiar with them and their reputations. I know they are not going to post a bank rumor that basically lies to me. But some others I am not that familiar with, so if everyone's reputation is reset to zero, it makes it just a little more difficult. Your reputation doesn't tell the whole story but it tells a big part of it. But I guess, eventually, everyone lets you know exactly who they are and maybe I am worried for nothing. Thanks again to Adam and the Mods. All your hard work here is appreciated.

• Upvote 4

zigmeister, on 19 October 2011 - 11:02 AM, said:

"I do not think this is going to push good debate out, I do think Adam is speaking the negative way people post their opinions. Daylite is a good example of debating with a positive influence. He doesn't just post opinions of an RD but the political aspect of Iraq. He does not drive people down with his opinions."

Good afternoon, Zig....

I agree with you up to a point. The problem that I have is this gives a lot of immature people a lot more power than they originally had. Adam (and mods) do not always have time to check every post that one makes, to see if the negs were justified. I know for a fact that there are people walking around behind me with their finger on the - because of some simple misunderstanding, or perhaps they just don't like my somewhat strange sense of humor. If reps are going to be zero'd out, I think everyone needs to agree to wipe the "mental" slate clean. Only look at what is being said, as opposed to what was said in the past. Otherwise, there are a few here that don't stand a chance, no matter how polite and respectful they are now.

Although I would appreciate the continued right to make fun of GURUs when they say things that we know are ABSOLUTELY false, such as "It RV'd last week and banks just don't want you to know about it" and "Erbil was published in the Gazette, sorry there is no record of it because Shabibi wants to keep it hush hush"

• Upvote 4

Personally, I think it is quite simple :lol: NO ONE KNOWS what exactly is going to happen and it is all SPECULATION. So some simple rules to follow that we all probably learned in Kindergarden:

1) NO name calling including negative connotaions towards others.

2) Realize it is only opinions/feelings and ALL are "interesting" and sometimes "funny" :lol:

3) Use "I disagree" then explain why

4) Use your inside voices

5) Keep your hands and feet to yourself

6) NO Running with scissors :P

• Upvote 5

I like the upbeat attitude. And he is right about some people are simply just geared to being negative. I think you can have a different oppinion without being negative, so I like the new rule.

What is going to be funny, is when all those people get an e-mail from Adam, and the poop their pants thinking the RV happened. :lmao:

Now that I would like to see! wink.gif It may just put the respect back into the posts... loose lips will sink "your own ship" in this case! rolleyes.gif Bring it on boyz... gitter dun! Thanks Adam for the chat!

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

zigmeister, on 19 October 2011 - 11:02 AM, said:

"I do not think this is going to push good debate out, I do think Adam is speaking the negative way people post their opinions. Daylite is a good example of debating with a positive influence. He doesn't just post opinions of an RD but the political aspect of Iraq. He does not drive people down with his opinions."

Good afternoon, Zig....

I agree with you up to a point. The problem that I have is this gives a lot of immature people a lot more power than they originally had. Adam (and mods) do not always have time to check every post that one makes, to see if the negs were justified. I know for a fact that there are people walking around behind me with their finger on the - because of some simple misunderstanding, or perhaps they just don't like my somewhat strange sense of humor. If reps are going to be zero'd out, I think everyone needs to agree to wipe the "mental" slate clean. Only look at what is being said, as opposed to what was said in the past. Otherwise, there are a few here that don't stand a chance, no matter how polite and respectful they are now.

Although I would appreciate the continued right to make fun of GURUs when they say things that we know are ABSOLUTELY false, such as "It RV'd last week and banks just don't want you to know about it" and "Erbil was published in the Gazette, sorry there is no record of it because Shabibi wants to keep it hush hush"

I think we all know some of our favorite Guru's words set them up for bashing. However, I feel we may select our words differently before we hit "Add Reply". But hey it may RV this week and it won't matter, ;) then we go on the Dong board! OR better yet buy a new pair of shoes!