Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ron Paul to propose $1 trillion in cuts

krome2ez

Now here's some "change" I can believe in.

October 17, 2011

Ron Paul’s opinions about cutting the budget are well-known, but on Monday, he’ll get specific: the Texas congressman will lay out a budget blueprint for deep and far-reaching cuts to federal spending, including the elimination of five cabinet-level departments and the drawdown of American troops fighting overseas.

There will even be a symbolic readjustment of the president’s own salary to put it in line with the average American salary.

During an afternoon speech in Las Vegas ahead of Tuesday’s debate, Paul will say that his plan for $1 trillion in cuts will create a balanced federal budget by the third year of his presidency.

“Dr. Paul is the only candidate with a plan to cut spending and truly balance the budget,” says an executive summary of the plan, which POLITICO obtained, along with detailed spending and taxation levels, ahead of its release. “This is the only plan that will deliver what America needs in these difficult times: Major regulatory relief, large spending cuts, sound monetary policy, and a balanced budget.”

Many of the ideas are familiar from Paul’s staunch libertarianism, as well as tea party favorites like eliminating the departments of education and energy. But Paul goes further: he’ll propose immediately freezing spending by numerous government agencies at 2006 levels, the last time Republicans had complete control of the federal budget, and drastically reducing spending elsewhere. The EPA would see a 30 percent cut, the Food and Drug Administration would see one of 40 percent and foreign aid would be zeroed out immediately. He’d also take an ax to Pentagon funding for wars.

http://patriotupdate.com/13420/ron-paul-to-propose-1-trillion-in-cuts

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Now here's some "change" I can believe in.

October 17, 2011

Ron Paul’s opinions about cutting the budget are well-known, but on Monday, he’ll get specific: the Texas congressman will lay out a budget blueprint for deep and far-reaching cuts to federal spending, including the elimination of five cabinet-level departments and the drawdown of American troops fighting overseas.

There will even be a symbolic readjustment of the president’s own salary to put it in line with the average American salary.

During an afternoon speech in Las Vegas ahead of Tuesday’s debate, Paul will say that his plan for $1 trillion in cuts will create a balanced federal budget by the third year of his presidency.

“Dr. Paul is the only candidate with a plan to cut spending and truly balance the budget,” says an executive summary of the plan, which POLITICO obtained, along with detailed spending and taxation levels, ahead of its release. “This is the only plan that will deliver what America needs in these difficult times: Major regulatory relief, large spending cuts, sound monetary policy, and a balanced budget.”

Many of the ideas are familiar from Paul’s staunch libertarianism, as well as tea party favorites like eliminating the departments of education and energy. But Paul goes further: he’ll propose immediately freezing spending by numerous government agencies at 2006 levels, the last time Republicans had complete control of the federal budget, and drastically reducing spending elsewhere. The EPA would see a 30 percent cut, the Food and Drug Administration would see one of 40 percent and foreign aid would be zeroed out immediately. He’d also take an ax to Pentagon funding for wars.

http://patriotupdate.com/13420/ron-paul-to-propose-1-trillion-in-cuts

This aught ta stir it up! Alex Jones will be cuttin a fat rug with his mind games ... Rush will be spewin tongue darts. Obama, the born again Drone King, will invision an end to his campaign parties. My God, we might have peace and quiet for a week or two until the scatter-brains marching realize their source of funding lunch money & potty breaks dried up.. The UN & IMF (affectionately known as The Bomb Brothers) will have no manipulations left.

What in the H3LL are we gonna do?

• Upvote 1

I want to see Ron Paul win, I will vote for that kind of thinking!

Along with the spending cuts, we ought to go and sell the 'old' things too. Kinda like eBay, put the good stuff the government has no use for up for sale! Tanks, planes, ships, rockets, and moon landers. Drawing the line on nukes though. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Best MAN for the job , Ron Paul

I agree 100% reveldog biggrin.gif Veronica

I want to see Ron Paul win, I will vote for that kind of thinking!

Along with the spending cuts, we ought to go and sell the 'old' things too. Kinda like eBay, put the good stuff the government has no use for up for sale! Tanks, planes, ships, rockets, and moon landers. Drawing the line on nukes though. laugh.gif

Maybe we can sell those things to Iraq...they're in the market to buy these days biggrin.gif Veronica

• Upvote 1