Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

worse senario of outcome

lcheung

hi all experts

the worse senario of outcome is just

delete zeros, right?

do u think the worse case, we can still get our money back (i mean no profit)?

There will be no LOP IMO. Think about it this way. Say the US was in a similar situation that Iraq is in now. Do you honestly believe that the UST would drop two 00s of a $100.00 bill deducing it to the value of $1.00?

The worst case scenario in my mind is that we will see a 1 to 1 RV with the IQD increasing in value as Iraq progresses.

Btw, I do not purport to be an expert in this matter. Nor should anyone else.

Kim

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

hi all experts

delete zeros, right?

You would lose the dealer spread. i.e. Dealers currently sell for ~$1,200/million IQD but only buy it back for close to the real exchange rate of ~$860/million IQD. So if you sell it back (RD only, no RV) then you lose ~$340/million IQD. You may do better selling it privately splitting the diference (e.g. maybe for $1,000/million IQD), still a losw but less of one. To break even there has to be at close to a 50% RV (1.5:1) to move the official exchange rate up to $1,200/million IQD at which you bought.
  • Upvote 1

2009 , 164 ft, trinity yacht

I have to stay at the dock....still that's not bad either.. USA is not going to let anything happen ; Hillory Clinton in an article not 3 days ago said we have to protect our investments in Iraq .. No worries, just waiting fill to up with fuel...

Worst case? The dinar is allowed to float and loses value. There's a mad rush to exchange dinar and you sell them back for much less than you paid. I think there's only a 50% chance that the dinar loses value from it's current exchange rate. But it certainly would be the worst possible scenario if it did.

Edited by NotAChance
  • Downvote 1

I think the worst case scenario is it coming out at a buck or less and growing rather rapidly as the country will develope rapidly once momentum is gathered. It will be a modern phenomena...an Iraqi gold rush.

I agree. Iraq has much potential though the country has many obstacles that they must overcome. I read about it everyday. My concern is Iran, specifically, Ahmadinejad. He is nothing more than an evil soul. He reminds me of Sadaam Hussein.

It is my hope that we will make a few bucks with this investment and the Iraqi people will live a prosperous life. Remember, it's not always about us.

• Upvote 1

hi all experts

delete zeros, right?

I think worst scenario would be dollar for dollar. That's the worst. And that my friend I believe is not bad. JMHO

Edited by uncirculd

Worst case scenario would be that just after RV you are on the way to the bank and get broadsided by a Brinks truck. Come to think of it , that's just Ironic.

I think we would at least get our original investment back in a worst case scenario but they themselves say they will increase the value so stay tuned. It could very well happen that way.

Several good opinions have been expressed here about how you could lose money on this. I think it's safe to say that most dinar investors see too much potential and too little risk in this investment. It's very risky. Anything could happen with the dinar. The worst case scenario is NOT that you only get $1000 for every dollar you invested. That's absurd. The worst case scenario is that you lose ever dollar you invested. If you can't accept that then you have absolutely NO business owning dinar. Sure, could could get lucky and receive a huge windfall, but nobody should invest more than they can afford to lose.

• Upvote 2

Worst case they rv or rd but don't allow any exchange outside country and they close the borders......

They have done this twice before.....

they wouldn't be recognized as an internationally traded currency if they did that which is why when they have before it wasn't international and still is not

they wouldn't be recognized as an internationally traded currency if they did that which is why when they have before it wasn't international and still is not

The point is that it doesnt have to become international right away....

They could still only allow an incountry exchange, switch up all the bills and then become a convertible currency.....

They are under no obligation (unfortunately for us) to let people out side the country exchange if they dont want to....

And that would be a worse case scenerio....

• Upvote 4