Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Site Updated M2 Growth

fnbplanet

Hey Zig, a question, please. If the M2 is lower, could that indicate a lower confidence in the banking system?

Thx

Dalite or someone like him would be a better fit than I for the answer. But this is my opinion they have reduced it for September I don't think it has to do with loss of confidence, but there was an article this morning that I found very interesting which just may pertain to this, which would mean you might be right. It stated that Iraqs goods/prices were fluctuating because of all the "talk" about the zero's being deleted. Now for me that would be people in Iraq are talking about it. What is happening people who have wealth and traders are buying gold, they are holding onto the dollars, and dinars. So yes that might be an indicator because of the "talk" the confidence is lower.

Very good question Carrello.

• Upvote 1

Dalite or someone like him would be a better fit than I for the answer. But this is my opinion they have reduced it for September I don't think it has to do with loss of confidence, but there was an article this morning that I found very interesting which just may pertain to this, which would mean you might be right. It stated that Iraqs goods/prices were fluctuating because of all the "talk" about the zero's being deleted. Now for me that would be people in Iraq are talking about it. What is happening people who have wealth and traders are buying gold, they are holding onto the dollars, and dinars. So yes that might be an indicator because of the "talk" the confidence is lower.

Very good question Carrello.

Thanks Zig. I was really just checking in to see if you had your blue hat on.

Remember these numbers are "YoY", Year-Over-Year, so this is a percentage change, this year vs the same time last year.

-

Correct...this shows that they are continuing to grow their money supply...at a slightly slower pace but an increase none the less....It also means that the auctions are not reducing the amount of IQD in circulation...it also means they are not removing the 000 notes.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

I'm confused. If the number is lower, wouldn't that mean LESS in circulation? Wouldn't it be even more if it's a YoY number?

No, its just not growing as fast. If you look at the Key Financial Indicators on the CBI website, you'll see that M2 has been steadily growing along with Currency Outside of Banks which is in the 26 Trillions and Deposits which is now over 38 Trillion.

-

No, its just not growing as fast. If you look at the Key Financial Indicators on the CBI website, you'll see that M2 has been steadily growing along with Currency Outside of Banks which is in the 26 Trillions and Deposits which is now over 38 Trillion.

Thus M2 is now at least 64T (given the rise in M2 yoy they show, I'm surprised its not a little bigger but stil that's a lot-o dinar).
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Correct...this shows that they are continuing to grow their money supply...at a slightly slower pace but an increase none the less....It also means that the auctions are not reducing the amount of IQD in circulation...it also means they are not removing the 000 notes.

It actually shows none of these things

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Please explain. It certainly shows his first point, the money supply (M2) is increasing (despite "auctions" and bond sales or whatever). Whether or not physical currency in circulation is going down is not so clear, but if it is, then the other factors causing M2 to go up, are doing so all the more since the overall result is a 14.5% more M2 than this time last year.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Please explain. It certainly shows his first point, the money supply (M2) is increasing (despite "auctions" and bond sales or whatever). Whether or not physical currency in circulation is going down is not so clear, but if it is, then the other factors causing M2 to go up, are doing so all the more since the overall result is a 14.5% more M2 than this time last year.

You have valid questions.

As for the goofs that gave you a negative without cause, is a shame!

• Upvote 2

You have valid questions.

As for the goofs that gave you a negative without cause, is a shame!

Yes all good questions. Why is there no reply? Does anyone really know what they are talking about?

• Upvote 1