Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank reveals details of the Iraq Currency

Aqua Dude

Being serious on DV? LOL There really isent many times that require being serious here.....with all the rumors and stuff flying you cant be serious laugh.gif

This has no bearing on whether someone knows the appropriate times to be serious or not.....LOL

Which is precisely why I posited the hypothetical: If DinarVets is The Gong Show, then perhaps you are its Chuck Barris. But then again, you're probably too young to remember The Gong Show. No, it has nothing to do with hockey, although Chuck Barris did occasionally wear a hockey sweater on the show.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 1

Which is precisely why I posited the hypothetical: If DinarVets is The Gong Show, then perhaps you are its Chuck Barris. But then again, you're probably too young to remember The Gong Show. No, it has nothing to do with hockey.

laugh.gif Def wouldnt have thought about hockey! The name Chuck Barris sounds familiar.....if I saw a clip Id probly know what you were talking about lol...

laugh.gif Def wouldnt have thought about hockey! The name Chuck Barris sounds familiar.....if I saw a clip Id probly know what you were talking about lol...

Oh, that's easy. Just go to YouTube and type in "Gong Show." The Gong Show was hilarious. But this is getting off topic...

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 1

Baseball cap, yes. It's easy to lump all of these negative nancies together. That's why I admonished xyzzy to "Keep on keepin' on," as in "keepmwlknfny."

Yes, I noticed, and it was a good call. All of this intelligence going to waste because nobody wants to listen= it is really sad - seriously

Awesome.

Now, they are adding 3 zeros to your 25,000 dinar notes to make them 25,000,000 notes, while deleting 3 zeros from the exchange rate to make it $.86.

That would make each 25,000 dinar note worth $21,500,000.

'Nuffi said; it just doesn't get any better than this.....

Oh so that's how it would be. Lol I wondered how they could Increase with three zeros and then remove three zeros. I you are correct then I would have 13 BILLION dollars! LMAO!!

Hello everyone, I am new to DV and rather than hang out in the welcome section, I decided this thread was as good a place as any to start. First I would like to say that I have not invested in any dinar although my parents have and are following with the blind faith that many others have. I would like to thank the members here who speak up although their opinions are not popular. If you can convince one person to look into this "investment" more closely and perhaps not buy, I think you have done a great service. I think it is sickening how many people are waiting for this RV to happen when the numbers make no sense at all. Although I have been lurking here for atleast 6 months, I felt it was time to let the "loppers" know that they are appreciated by some, and to tell them to please keep talking some sense on this forum. I'm sorry I don't have a soft way with words, and I'm sure I will get attacked for this, but that is ok. XYZZY and the other members who discuss things logically, I thank you very much.

Aqua Dude, I am sorry, but you are either a pumper, or really don't know what you are talking about. You constantly post articles that clearly state RD and then convince everyone it means RV. You may not agree with me, but I view that as a terrible disservice, and potentially damaging to people who choose to spend their money on dinar.

I do not want to **** on anybody's parade and I'm sorry for the anger this post is sure to cause, but I feel if it can keep one person from wasting their money and energy on dinar, it is worth it. I have seen first hand what this blind faith will do to people, and hope that no one is relying on an RV to save them from financial troubles.

For anyone not agreeing with me, please put aside your emotions and do some objective research. Look at the many scam warnings state governments have put out, look at the mathematical figures, and try to find a way that any kind of serious RV would logically work.

Again, thank you to the members who use logic and actual research to support their views. And if you post RD articles and then claim RV, please stop. False hope is nicer than no hope at all, until it affects people's finances.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

Hello everyone, I am new to DV and rather than hang out in the welcome section, I decided this thread was as good a place as any to start. First I would like to say that I have not invested in any dinar although my parents have and are following with the blind faith that many others have. I would like to thank the members here who speak up although their opinions are not popular. If you can convince one person to look into this "investment" more closely and perhaps not buy, I think you have done a great service. I think it is sickening how many people are waiting for this RV to happen when the numbers make no sense at all. Although I have been lurking here for atleast 6 months, I felt it was time to let the "loppers" know that they are appreciated by some, and to tell them to please keep talking some sense on this forum. I'm sorry I don't have a soft way with words, and I'm sure I will get attacked for this, but that is ok. XYZZY and the other members who discuss things logically, I thank you very much.

Aqua Dude, I am sorry, but you are either a pumper, or really don't know what you are talking about. You constantly post articles that clearly state RD and then convince everyone it means RV. You may not agree with me, but I view that as a terrible disservice, and potentially damaging to people who choose to spend their money on dinar.

I do not want to piss on anybody's parade and I'm sorry for the anger this post is sure to cause, but I feel if it can keep one person from wasting their money and energy on dinar, it is worth it. I have seen first hand what this blind faith will do to people, and hope that no one is relying on an RV to save them from financial troubles.

For anyone not agreeing with me, please put aside your emotions and do some objective research. Look at the many scam warnings state governments have put out, look at the mathematical figures, and try to find a way that any kind of serious RV would logically work.

Again, thank you to the members who use logic and actual research to support their views. And if you post RD articles and then claim RV, please stop. False hope is nicer than no hope at all, until it affects people's finances.

Well, I'd just bet your parents must be proud of you!! You don't even own dinar??!! Now, how smart is that!! It tells us that all you bring to the table is an opinion. And that you actually have the nerve to duck in here and try to offer your wise advise and council, but with no credentials--just an opinion!! You don't have a dog in this fight--so no one here cares what you think!! Your pathetic attempt to advise dinar owners is immature, immaterial, ill-advised, and unwelcome.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Well, I'd just bet your parents must be proud of you!! You don't even own dinar??!! Now, how smart is that!! It tells us that all you bring to the table is an opinion. And that you actually have the nerve to duck in here and try to offer your wise advise and council, but with no credentials--just an opinion!! You don't have a dog in this fight--so no one here cares what you think!! Your pathetic attempt to advise dinar owners is immature, immaterial, ill-advised, and unwelcome.

And as in the "Devil Wears Prada"......That will be all. ;)

Oh so that's how it would be. Lol I wondered how they could Increase with three zeros and then remove three zeros. I you are correct then I would have 13 BILLION dollars! LMAO!!

I probably should pass out some apologies, as that was a fairly sarcastic remark I made.

At first blush, the interpretation seemed so incredible that I just took it where the math led it.

In retrospect, it was a little snide in it's content.

It is like the old math concept; change sides and change signs; only the signs got changed on both sides.

Whatever happens is what will happen.

Making a little humor of some of the translations is always a good way to add some levity and break the tension that sometimes is caused by these redenomination articles.

However someone wants to interpret them is their choice, as well as their right, and the interpretation will either be right or wrong; or somewhere in-between...

So my apology will be to try to ridicule the translations, if ridicule is warranted, and not the interpretations.

But, you gotta' admit that it is best not to try to eat or drink anything when first reading some of these, as it really shortens the life and appearance of keyboards when you blow it out in reaction to some of the statements.

I will try to do a little better, as my humor isn't always appreciated...

That said, 13 billion dollars would be pretty awesome... :o;):P:D

BINGO!!!!

Someone else here has a brain!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

I do not want to piss on anybody's parade and I'm sorry for the anger this post is sure to cause, but I feel if it can keep one person from wasting their money and energy on dinar, it is worth it. I have seen first hand what this blind faith will do to people, and hope that no one is relying on an RV to save them from financial troubles.

:lol: Troll much?

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately your statements may not necessarily be accurate.

Since they stated that the process will 'lead to increased value and to increased purchasing power', it is not stating that the change itself will immediately cause those things.

Unfortunately, both those items could happen if their decision does end up being an RD. Reducing the money supply can very easily lead to increased value and purchasing power.

For example, if their entire money supply (physical and digital) amounted to 30 trillion dinar. For every 3 billion USD of value added to their reserves their currency would increase about $0.0001 per dinar. If they performed an RD and reduced that money supply to 30 billion dinar and had the same increase of $3 billion USD of value added to their foreign reserves, that increase would equate to $0.10 per dinar.

Unfortunately, we cannot say 'cased closed' on anything with any level of certainty. They will do what they will do and we are just having to wait to see what that is.

All of your critiques may be true, but I question whether the Iraqi who wrote this has the same level of precise control over English word usage that you have. Of course, his indefinite word usage could also be meant to obfuscate rather than to inform--we have all heard that the Central Bank will attempt to convey faulty information as a cover for what they are really doing. So back to your other information about what they are doing, not just saying. :)

BINGO!!!!

Someone else here has a brain!!!

Come on Sleep that is not true. We just look at the possibilities differently. No doubt an RD is possible, but for all they have said, the move towards that direction have not occurred. It seems to me they have been talking about this for years! They are not the only country that has talked and talked about it, but did not deliver. Japan still blabs about it.

I think it is unfair for you to refer to those of us who think it is possible for an RV as dummies. You know there are ways Iraq can avoid the RD and still move their economy via an RV. So please don't insult those of us who do believe in an RV.

• Upvote 2

Awesome.

Now, they are adding 3 zeros to your 25,000 dinar notes to make them 25,000,000 notes, while deleting 3 zeros from the exchange rate to make it $.86.

That would make each 25,000 dinar note worth $21,500,000.

'Nuffi said; it just doesn't get any better than this.....

You just don't understand....Read it again and read it very slow you'll catch it.... :lol: :lol:

No, Delarue, in Great Britain, did.

Between October 15, 2003 and January 15, 2004, the Coalition Provisional Authority issued new Iraqi dinar coins and notes, with the notes printed by De La Rue

My link

The Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) (Arabic: سلطة الائتلاف المؤقتة) was established as a transitional government following the invasion of Iraq by the United States

My link

Again, no. That was Paul Wolfowitz who said that the Iraq war would pay for itself. Sorry to be so "snippy" about it.

Paul Wolfytits is part of the bush administration

be as snippy as you want, i think all humans are a-holes

Between October 15, 2003 and January 15, 2004, the Coalition Provisional Authority issued new Iraqi dinar coins and notes, with the notes printed by De La Rue

My link

The Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) (Arabic: سلطة الائتلاف المؤقتة) was established as a transitional government following the invasion of Iraq by the United States

My link

Paul Wolfytits is part of the bush administration

be as snippy as you want, i think all humans are a-holes

You think that because you are. You couldn't stand yourself if you accepted that you were outside the norm. :P

• Upvote 1

I clearly stated why I was here and I know many people who own dinar, their wellness is the "dog in this fight" I have. I am not trying to advise anyone, I clearly asked people to do their own research and thanked the members who speak intelligently.

Can you please tell me how owning dinar makes you immediately have "credentials" to talk about it? Because you spent money on this you are more informed? Anyone can read and research Francie. And I may not be very soft with my words, but I sure didn't call you pathetic. What is amazing is the logic that the "loppers" bring, and the pure emotion the RV'ers bring. If you want to argue that the article that started this thread has something to do with anything but a redenomination, fine. But I believe that will be just an opinion, as everyone here has.

• Upvote 2

I clearly stated why I was here and I know many people who own dinar, their wellness is the "dog in this fight" I have. I am not trying to advise anyone, I clearly asked people to do their own research and thanked the members who speak intelligently.

Can you please tell me how owning dinar makes you immediately have "credentials" to talk about it? Because you spent money on this you are more informed? Anyone can read and research Francie. And I may not be very soft with my words, but I sure didn't call you pathetic. What is amazing is the logic that the "loppers" bring, and the pure emotion the RV'ers bring. If you want to argue that the article that started this thread has something to do with anything but a redenomination, fine. But I believe that will be just an opinion, as everyone here has.

It's sort of like telling someone how to drive a car but you don't own a car, and you don't have license and you don't ever plan to. <_<

• Upvote 1