Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Just Talked To My Buddy Back From Iraq (Chbcampb post don't promote other sites)

trooper

Just to clear this up. I am currently serving active duty in the Army. When deployed, you are bound by the SOFA. You currently can't take the currency out of the country, but there are absolutely no restrictions on soldiers buying IQD from currency dealers, banks, or any other legal sources. The Army can come with a lot of restrictions and BS, but they can't tell you what you can or can't spend your money on.

That is what he thinks is the case, and maybe so. But maybe they are just trying to keep a lid on speculators.

I find this pretty surprising. What authority does the army have to tell a soldier what they can and can not buy while on their own time with their own money while in the US and not on duty? I'm certainly not remotely an expert on the military, but I find it hard to believe this would be legal.

while in the army you are the property of the united states goverment, they can tell you whatever they want to or put any restrictions on you whenever they feel like, i had a few buddies get courtmartialed just for getting a sunburn... lol gofigure

• Upvote 1

For someone to be afraid of our brave men and woman fighting for us to make a little profit or get ritch is just stupid. I think they deserve a bonus for all that they have endured and that it come from the country that htey have fought for is somewhat appropriate.I also think they should offer some to those families who lost their sons and daughters as well. Not that that would make up for such a loss but it would be a decent gesture. Thank you Trooper and all who have served. Im not worthy.

Edited by R Veyron

Just to clear this up. I am currently serving active duty in the Army. When deployed, you are bound by the SOFA. You currently can't take the currency out of the country, but there are absolutely no restrictions on soldiers buying IQD from currency dealers, banks, or any other legal sources. The Army can come with a lot of restrictions and BS, but they can't tell you what you can or can't spend your money on.

Exactly..........

while in the army you are the property of the united states goverment, they can tell you whatever they want to or put any restrictions on you whenever they feel like, i had a few buddies get courtmartialed just for getting a sunburn... lol gofigure

You are absolutely correct.....sort of.

You are governemnt property while serving in the Armed Forces, but they can not tell you what ever they want. They received a court martial for being negligent and damaging government property probably to the point where they weren't mission ready. Happens all the time. I had a buddy at Ft. Hood that got a counseling statement because he let his wife cut his hair and she kinda screwed it up.

its a volunteer army, and they are paid well. everyone is all proud of these guys who have served over there and they suffer through, bull sh**t.

the military is not paid well for what they do.. now the officers on the other hand do get a good salary.. but still not enough for the bullsh**t that is thrown at them.

its a volunteer army, and they are paid well. everyone is all proud of these guys who have served over there and they suffer through, bull sh**t.

Don't mind him. I think he is cranky about the Dr appointment he has later to get that stick removed! This is the 2nd thread this morning that he has said this ummmmm what's a good word? Bull sh**t, and I am not even down to the bottom of the list! I am sure there will be more!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN PAID WELL. WHAT ARMY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. I must be missing somethng here.

In case anyone wants to see the pay rates for Army enlisted and officers, have a look the following table. It shows basic pay rates for 2011, and does not include additional 'income' such as housing allowances, subsistence, or hazardous duty pay. The numbers on the grey lines represent MONTHLY basic pay.

It's a matter of public record, you can get the same info from many sources. This links to ArmyTimes.com but you can download (PDF) the current military pay charts directly from the Defense Finance and Accounting Services here.

2001 Basic Pay - ArmyTimes.com

Now you can see exactly what the men and women of our Armed Forces are being paid to serve.

gbosh