Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV rate

colt32

Question. Wouldn't it make more sense for Iraq to RV the dinar a little over the dollar but not a lot? Let's say around $1.25 This would make the iraqi people start using their dinar again because it is worth more than their dollars and this RV wouldn't string out the Iraqi banks so much to have to cover such a large RV say like. $3.32? Just a thought, and thanks in advance for your thoughts. Go RV.

• Upvote 3

I would be very happy with that. Lets just get this over with. I know there is a lot that needs to be in place for this to happen but it seems that everyone involved in the final decision making has draged this along for so long to make sure that they are in the prime position to benifit the most from this RV. Let's GEETTTRRRRR DUUNNN so others can benifit from this hopeful blessing.

Edited by JLUV

This is my opinion and its just that. An opinion. The more I read and research the more I feel it will come out a 1 to 1. Shabbs is wanting to make this an easy transfer for the people, so why not come out at the same rate as the currrency you are currently using. 1 to 1 is enough to get my dinar back to them as well as most people. Once that money is back in Iraq, then he will increase the rate. But for now its all about getting the old currency back and introducing a new currency. You can ease this by making the dollar and dinar equal and also ease transactions on the street....jmho

• Upvote 2

Question. Wouldn't it make more sense for Iraq to RV the dinar a little over the dollar but not a lot? Let's say around $1.25 This would make the iraqi people start using their dinar again because it is worth more than their dollars and this RV wouldn't string out the Iraqi banks so much to have to cover such a large RV say like. $3.32? Just a thought, and thanks in advance for your thoughts. Go RV.

If it happened as you say, Iraq's International Reserves would only cover six/hundredths of one percent of their currency. They are required by law to back it 100%.

Good post...

I think that simplicity and to ease this transition for the people is of the highest priority.

I don't think that adding .25 would do anything but complicate things for the people, add to the hassles of the banks and money changers, etc.

I personally believe that 1 to 1 is the key to this.

As for the final target amount I agree. But to RV to $1.25 from $0.00086 is an increase of about 1,400x or 140,000% . Still a gigantic liability. Sure its less than if they RV to $3, but that's like saying if you have a $100,000 USD salary would it be easier to get a $100M loan than a $200M loan? Both are so far out of the question that the difference between the two is nothing in comparison.

But if they RV to $0.00125, that's only about 1.4x or 40%, then a 1000:1 RD brings it up to $1.25 . Putting the final target at 1:1 makes it even less of course, then its only a 16% change.

Edited by xyzzy
  • Upvote 1

Check out the daily auctions. Recently Shabibi has been pulling about 200 billion IQD per day out of circulation. At that rate, he should be able to justify a $3+ RV soon. IMO, he is doing these aggressive auctions in anticipation of, and to support, an RV/RI Remember, recently he said that the dinar would be returned to its "former glory. 1 to 1 doesn't sound like "glory" to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I agree it does make sense. Now factor in Iraq Government...good luck on that. :twothumbs:

I was thinking about this as well. I read on this forum regarding Iraq increasing their monetary economy by 2/3rds = 66%. If that is the case their funds would be worth .000272 instead of .0008 to the dollar. I also figured our a rate of $2.72 based on them stating they are deleting three zeros and if they removed the decimal point over. That's my theory based on their articles. Who knows...everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Check out the daily auctions. Recently Shabibi has been pulling about 200 billion IQD per day out of circulation. At that rate, he should be able to justify a $3+ RV soon. IMO, he is doing these aggressive auctions in anticipation of, and to support, an RV/RI Remember, recently he said that the dinar would be returned to its "former glory. 1 to 1 doesn't sound like "glory" to me.

Well, It sounds like more "glory" than I've got. haha Your reply didn't deserve a -, so I evened you out.

Hi, Nice to see some open minds here bless those that have been brave enough to pass intel or find news clippings!!!

I guess 1 Dinar to 1 USD to open.

......, however they could do an RV of .01 (25k Dinar =250 USD) on their current currency, and a value of 1 to 1 or higher for their new yet to be released currency , seem to complicated to me but then I am not the GOI !!.

...... Here are my thoughts on this. Anything less than a 1 Dinar to 1 USD will spell disaster for them in the long run. I think they need time to get their people up to speed and ready, herein lies the delay, trust me or don't, doesn't matter, this is about Iraq!!

It's time for Iraq to stand up and prove themselves, or to live in turmoil and poverty. They could revalue the current Dinar to some number to get it out of currency, makes no sense to me for them to do that, but I am not the GOI !!.

They could leave it in circulation and prove that they are who they think the are while the utilize smaller notes for daily business,perhaps this is the delay do they have enough small notes ready?

It make sense for them to to start at 1 to 1 then phase in the RV to higher level over time until they reach capacity and they should, precluding disasters or war over the next short 2-3 years.

This will make their currency on of the strongest middle eastern currencies, and perhaps later once they will hit a really high rate ++5 and become "a currency super-power", makes some sense to me.

Should they come in at over 2 USD per Dinar, WE will all live in the Glory and Power of what America can help accomplish, "A free and wealthy Iraq."

Come on Show your Stuff Iraq, it's your choice, choose your people for God is Great.

• Upvote 1

I agree common sense. why would they not come out low. Pull the large notes in and then raise the value again at a later date. They are out alot less money.

1. Iraq is not paying us out, the UST is buying back our dinar therefore paying us where they can make even more money as it goes up in value throughout the years.

2. You must understand we are small very small on a scale compared to what their goals are they need to be in with the big boys Iraq has been through hell and has never traded with their wealth why would they come out so low makes no sense to me 1 to1 is what i say and let the market drive it up.

• Upvote 3

I'd be thrilled with anything over 10 cents at this point. I know that sounds kind of low but its better than some of the other options on the table and fairly close to Saudi Arabia's rate. A lot of investors would cash in early, even at this rate, and I think market demand would eventually drive the price way over a dollar.