Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tampa Dinar Spell Check

Carrello

We have talk here on DV of the validity of correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar, and I for one like correct spelling, punctuation,and grammar. But I realize that some of the brightest minds don't know the difference between there and their, sense and since, your and yur. Okay.

But if someone is trying to sell me somethng, especially a financial, don't you think their advertising should have correct spelling? I do. When marketing, you want correctness for validity.

The banner for Tamp Dinar does have a typo, and I wish they would fix it.

I know this is trivial in the scope of things, but we can't let everything go to hell-in-a-handbasket. TD needs to look viable in a competive market. Their banner looks fly-by-night and temporary, and I would never buy from them for that reason.

That is my rant. Thanks for listening. Okay, back to the Forex watch. Good luck to everybody!

• Upvote 2

We have talk here on DV of the validity of correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar, and I for one like correct spelling, punctuation,and grammar. But I realize that some of the brightest minds don't know the difference between there and their, sense and since, your and yur. Okay.

But if someone is trying to sell me somethng, especially a financial, don't you think their advertising should have correct spelling? I do. When marketing, you want correctness for validity.

I know this is trivial in the scope of things, but we can't let everything go to hell-in-a-handbasket. TD needs to look viable in a competive market. Their banner looks fly-by-night and temporary, and I would never buy from them for that reason.

That is my rant. Thanks for listening. Okay, back to the Forex watch. Good luck to everybody!

I agree completely!! Now.....where's my hat??

Like 'Informed, Engaged, and Prepared?"

110% behind you on the spelling/grammar issue! The one I get a kick out of is 'realise' instead of realize!

"Realise" is probably a more correct spelling than our U.S. "realize." It goes right in that same basket as colour, favour, defence and any other countless words that we Americans have screwed up. Do you know what a kerb is? How about a tyre? We just need to understand that the language is called "English" for a reason.

I agree whole-heartedly with you on the grammar/spelling issue. But we need to give deference to those from the U.K. when it comes to spelling differences. Just sayin'.

• Upvote 2

I saw that too and it has been bothering me.

My pet peeve is the Loose and Lose. The other day someone typed that I was a looser...looser than what?

You can lose a football game.

Your shoes can be too loose.

Whew, glad that is off my chest lol.

:lol: + 1 for knowing the difference

• Upvote 1

The Gurus are the worst...when I read it out loud to someone in the room it sounds like a drunken *********** from Siberia wrote the sentence...

Loose and lose is one of my pet peeves too...

And

REDICULUS

ridicule...ridiculous...see how one word is derived from the other...

spell check is one second longer... use it so people take your messages seriously.

Like 'Informed, Engaged, and Prepared?"

insure....ensure.....

I saw that too and it has been bothering me.

My pet peeve is the Loose and Lose. The other day someone typed that I was a looser...looser than what?

You can lose a football game.

Your shoes can be too loose.

Whew, glad that is off my chest lol.

Thank you, you reminded me of something. You have little things in live that slip by you, peanut butter jars and getting this loose were one for me (so sad).

Anyway, all I can say about that is this: Lefty loosey, righty tighty.

"Realise" is probably a more correct spelling than our U.S. "realize." It goes right in that same basket as colour, favour, defence and any other countless words that we Americans have screwed up. Do you know what a kerb is? How about a tyre? We just need to understand that the language is called "English" for a reason.

I agree whole-heartedly with you on the grammar/spelling issue. But we need to give deference to those from the U.K. when it comes to spelling differences. Just sayin'.

I agree, and many folks have English as their second language. Tampa Dinar is still on my list.

Hey Carrello... your looking awfully busy on the site today, are you multi-tasking ???? Who is preparing our party hats ???

realise is the one that really gets me.... and noone, Med uses that one alot, no one !!!!!

You know, Shelley, I am just like you were last night....I can't get off of this site! Between Forex, and all of the other good news coming our way, I put work off until noon. Good thing I work for myself, or I would be fired.

I can still work the party hats in. You know that women can do eight things at once! TG I am not chewing gum!

Wow it's so funny that you said that, every time I see a guy on a cell phn either trying to walk or drive, I tell them spit the gum out... they never get it !!!!! TOO FUNNY :lol::lol:

Oh and by the way I never did make it to work today !!!!!! The site is just too interesting for me to leave :D

Edited by Shelley

You know, Shelley, I am just like you were last night....I can't get off of this site! Between Forex, and all of the other good news coming our way, I put work off until noon. Good thing I work for myself, or I would be fired.

I can still work the party hats in. You know that women can do eight things at once! TG I am not chewing gum!

come tax season (If this thing hassn't popped by then) I am gonna have SERIOUS withdrawls........

Kathy, cover me.........just 5 minutes......just need another quick fix.........oh hell, let's just close the place down til the RV!

As a Foreigner who loves ( very much) the English language I find all this fascinating......

I read once that English is the Western language with the highest number of available words ( nouns and adjectives...and even verbs...)....

Edited by umbertino

As a Foreigner who loves ( very much) the English language I find all this fascinating......

I read once that English is the Western language with the highest number of available words ( nouns and adjectives...and even verbs...)....

I don't think anyone on the site knows the english language or american music better than you !!!!! Your amazing with the Youtubes !!!!

Did you really grow up in Italy ???? Are you this way with any other cultures (other than Iraq) ??

I don't think anyone on the site knows the english language or american music better than you !!!!! Your amazing with the Youtubes !!!!

Did you really grow up in Italy ???? Are you this way with any other cultures (other than Iraq) ??

Blushing..... Thank you my Friend... You're very kind..... I was born in Italy and I'm still living in Italy .. Lived here most of my life except the times when I would be travelling... My first visit to the US dates back in 1977 ( 3 months by bus)...Then spent 1 year in the US in 1980/81 ..Working as a Volunteer in Bloomington, Indiana..... Then visited again a few times for short periods ..Usually NYC & LA.

I visited also other Countries in my life ... Currently I'm more interested in vising latin languages ( Spanish, Portuguese) Countries like Spain, Portugal, Cuba, Brazil... But a piece of my Heart stays in the US... Lots of good memories and Good People I met there... My last visit ( in NYC) was in 1998.

Edited by umbertino