Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHY are we still here?

As you describe yourself in name... you reinforce it so well, speaking in absolutes. Congratulations... you are resolute! :rolleyes:

Now, in that it seems your only purpose is to disrupt... and of course be correct in the end, if it goes that way... your reward will simply be egotistical validation. There is no courage in your stance and the way you present it... you are simply a gambler, that perhaps doesn't mind the taste of crow.

Now... if I'm off-base here, confusing your resolve with confidence... I apologize. But then, I would suggest you then change your name and speak in more humble, respectful language to your fellow members... you are simply one of us.

All the best to you in your endeavor! :)

LOL! My screen name has nothing to do with the dinar. Although I suppose it is becoming more appropriate. Those were the words I uttered to my husband when he first tried to pick me up at a mutual friend's party back in college. We joke about it all the time now. My first name is Natalie so he shortens it to "Nota" sometimes. Obviously, he was eventually successful. Ever since, it's been a screen name I use. It's funny how you take offense because you think it's related to the dinar. A gal can't even have a screen name without offending the sensitivities of some people in the dinar world.

I take no pleasure in being correct about the dinar. I know how desperately many people really need the dinar to revalue. I've said I would happy if I was wrong, even if I didn't benefit financially. However, I have become convinced it will not revalue. At least not in a manner that makes anybody millions or even thousands of dollars. But it won't be on a managed float forever. Someday it will float freely against other currencies. However, the only way it will ever be par with the US dollar (as the CBI has stated) is through a redenomination. They've even repeatedly said they intend to redenominate. But for some reason, so many people seem not to believe it. It's certainly their perogative to believe whatever they want. But belief doesn't make reality. Simply ignoring or discounting what they say doesn't make it not true.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Wow is right, Scrumdiddles. You're can not really be that naive. Every business owner has an agenda, and that is to make money. Adam isn't here to impart his personal opinions on anyone, and he's not going out of his way to sway YOURS in one direction or the other. If you believe he is, then you haven't followed his posts. He has effectively provided all possible scenarios. You're repeatedly implying that Adam has stated that RV is the only possible outcome, and that simply is not the case. This is the most well-rounded Dinar site on the net, and nobody needs Adam's opinion to make their own decisions. People ask for his opinions, and he provides them where and when he can. It should be obvious to you and everyone that his AGENDA does not involve attempting to convince anyone of anything. He provides "opportunities" and makes you aware of the methodology with which to seek them while making a profit at the same time. His ultimate goal is to operate a profitable, informative website, and it would appear that he is doing so without subjecting himself to unnecessary scrutiny or attack. Don't put words in his mouth or mine. :blink:

Adam many people who think that RD before RV, are calling you basically a lier. In one trend 2 maybe 3 just in that trend say because you have a business agenda here that you will not tell the truth because you are turning a profit. Is this true? Thank you Adam.

Too late, scrumdiddles, please show me where Legolas called Adam a liar. I missed that part.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is all very intresting and true I do feel that many lawsuits will result over all this if the RV/RD does not come about. These pumpers/liars have caused people a lot more than a little bit of heart ache, many have put everthing they have into this encluding thier jobs because Oakie and his band of merry men have said its done its over, nuff said, quit your job get reqady to cash in, way too many times. So either way many will meet, be it at a RV/RD party on in court. Just my thoughts I like many have invested only what I thought I could afford to lose without putting a strain on our budget.

This is all very intresting and true I do feel that many lawsuits will result over all this if the RV/RD does not come about. These pumpers/liars have caused people a lot more than a little bit of heart ache, many have put everthing they have into this encluding thier jobs because Oakie and his band of merry men have said its done its over, nuff said, quit your job get reqady to cash in, way too many times. So either way many will meet, be it at a RV/RD party on in court. Just my thoughts I like many have invested only what I thought I could afford to lose without putting a strain on our budget.

or in a dark alley

From what I have read on this forum the CBI is buying up dinars with USD they get from oil and has been for years I suspect or least hope the 30 trillion figure you

mentioned about dinars in circulation is now somewhat lower and the CBI has a lot of dinars out of circulation. :rolleyes:

I believe if this is the case the CBI is waiting to get the amount of dinars in circulation down to a figure they can RV and afford the payouts

but who knows when this will be :blink:

Edited by Skip^downsouth
  • Upvote 1

Legolas

I appreciate the response.

As to this post, it certainly seems to be pushing the LOP/RD agenda, denying any large RV. It is opinion - LOP opinion, I say with respect. You wrote a very articulate post.

The dinar held by the CBI has the possibility of being used, post RV, to pay off intl. creditors in the US and UK who are invested in dinar, does it not? If the UST pays us off instead, and the CBI pays them off, of all this I am not sure. I am saying simply this: Iraq's dinar will RV also, and they will be that much richer.

I addressed your statement that an RV has not occurred for all these years, as it IMPLIES it will never RV (guru bashing and such). It's misleading as a fallacy to say: "Well it hasn't RV'd, so the chance it will are low..." That's the implication given by how you wrote it.

Yes, you are right about the budget vs circulation amount. However, my point remains - wouldn't the LOP notion you are promoting (and you are...) leave them with a lot less money to govern with than they would need?

We are not looking for a 300,000% RV. Just a reinstatement of pre-war levels. That is not radical. It's logical. Around 1000%.

As for the trillions argument, Keep's favorite, you are taking as credible the numbers official Iraq gov't. puts out. I don't believe them. I think it is part of their scheme to keep things under wraps until they pop the RV. Something we'll have to agree to disagree on.

RD articles - Look, Shabs even said it was propaganda. "Education" of the people may be true - but they are leaving the wording ambiguous in these RD articles for a reason. (plus translating them sticks the whole process further in the dark...) The reason is the currency change could go either way given their wording.

By the way, they know we are translating in the US. These articles for for domestic and international consumption. "Consumption" is the operative word here - I studied politics in college, and have been involved for years in it, and it's called manipulation, Machiavelli style.

And yes, the war and occupation of Iraq by the US is to be repaid. Oil contracts for multinationals, and the dinar is a way to exchange IOUs for that oil. Simple. :D

From what I have read on this forum the CBI is buying up dinars with USD they get from oil and has been for years I suspect or least hope the 30 trillion figure you

mentioned about dinars in circulation is now somewhat lower and the CBI has a lot of dinars out of circulation. :rolleyes:

I believe if this is the case the CBI is waiting to get the amount of dinars in circulation down to a figure they can RV and afford the payouts

After all they are getting 1168 dinars for every dollar they spend they could buy them all for just over 25.5 billion USD right? :drool:

Legolas

I appreciate the response.

As to this post, it certainly seems to be pushing the LOP/RD agenda, denying any large RV. It is opinion - LOP opinion, I say with respect. You wrote a very articulate post.

The dinar held by the CBI has the possibility of being used, post RV, to pay off intl. creditors in the US and UK who are invested in dinar, does it not? If the UST pays us off instead, and the CBI pays them off, of all this I am not sure. I am saying simply this: Iraq's dinar will RV also, and they will be that much richer.

I addressed your statement that an RV has not occurred for all these years, as it IMPLIES it will never RV (guru bashing and such). It's misleading as a fallacy to say: "Well it hasn't RV'd, so the chance it will are low..." That's the implication given by how you wrote it.

Yes, you are right about the budget vs circulation amount. However, my point remains - wouldn't the LOP notion you are promoting (and you are...) leave them with a lot less money to govern with than they would need?

We are not looking for a 300,000% RV. Just a reinstatement of pre-war levels. That is not radical. It's logical. Around 1000%.

As for the trillions argument, Keep's favorite, you are taking as credible the numbers official Iraq gov't. puts out. I don't believe them. I think it is part of their scheme to keep things under wraps until they pop the RV. Something we'll have to agree to disagree on.

RD articles - Look, Shabs even said it was propaganda. "Education" of the people may be true - but they are leaving the wording ambiguous in these RD articles for a reason. (plus translating them sticks the whole process further in the dark...) The reason is the currency change could go either way given their wording.

By the way, they know we are translating in the US. These articles for for domestic and international consumption. "Consumption" is the operative word here - I studied politics in college, and have been involved for years in it, and it's called manipulation, Machiavelli style.

And yes, the war and occupation of Iraq by the US is to be repaid. Oil contracts for multinationals, and the dinar is a way to exchange IOUs for that oil. Simple. :D

Hi Hame55,

I'm not trying to "push" the LOP/RD "agenda" at all. Obviously I would like nothing more than to see a $3.00 straight RV. I've merely been trying hard for the past 3 years to analyze all of the available data and come to a rational, defendable conclusion. The one I've "reached" is clearly not the one I "like." I've argued that the word "Lop" is inappropriate, and is used by the gurus and pumpers to make it sound like the RD is a bad thing. The truth is that overall it is a good thing, and is value-neutral. It results in no loss in value to the IQD, and makes their financial system far simpler and more practical. Further, it instantly brings the Dinar to near parity with the U.S. Dollar - approximately 86 Cents. It's not good for "us" but it's definitely good for Iraq.

I'm fairly certain that the Dinar held by the CBI is not used to pay off international debts. That's a function of the GOI and their specific budget constraints. There is no evidence that any of us have seen that the U.S. Government or any other holds large quantities of Dinars. It seems unlikely based on the published information we "have" seen, despite the repeated claims of the gurus and pumpers. Oil is still purchased in U.S. Dollars, and seems unlikely to change in the near future.

My statement that the Dinar hasn't RV'd in all these years despite thousands of erroneous posts to the contrary had nothing at all to do with whether it will or will not eventually RV. It was merely an indication of the reliability and truthfulness of the pumpers and gurus. My opinion as to the RD is based on readily available and easily analyzed published data of the CBI, GOI and the IMF. I sincerely believe that it is highly unlikely that these figures are fraudulent. The numbers clearly demonstrate that the monetary supply of Iraq has in fact "increased" every year, rather than decreased as many would like us to believe. The current figures show as much as 30 Trillion Dinars in circulation.

I believe that your percentage figures are inaccurate, but regardless of the math, the increases we're hoping for are unheard of in terms of historical RV's. What a government "needs" to operate has nothing to do with its ability to RV its currency. As I said before, if that were the case, the U.S. could simply RV the Dollar and eliminate our 14 Trillion Dollar deficit with the stroke of a pen, as would every country in the world. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You need to go back and read the many posts made by myself, JMW, Dalite, Keep, and many others which explain the numbers in great detail. There are some really great, well-researched posts in the archives.

The hundreds of articles are what they are. Either they're accurate, or they're lies. Dalite addressed that issue thoroughly and eloquently in a post above. Translation is undoubtedly an issue, but regardless, what they state is by now fairly clear. You either believe them, or you don't. Personally, I find no reason to believe that they're lying. Only time will tell.

Finally, I know of no evidence demonstrating that the war in Iraq is to be repaid. If you have any, we'd all like to see it. Oil certainly isn't going to do it. They currently produce only 2.5 million bpd - 10% of what the U.S. produces. In 10 years, they "hope" to be producing 10 million bpd. That will never pay for a Trillion Dollar war, even if ALL of it were to go toward that effort, and that will never happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Legolas, thank you for bringing reality to the forums with your thoughts and good sense. I enjoy reading all your posts and learn new info from them. I'm happy to hear you are now believing the dinar will RV at least by a small amount. I'll take what I can get and wait for it to go up in value over a few more years. Read Sonny1's post this morning. He says the dinar can RV even though Chapter 7 is not totally completed. That Chapter 7 can be finished immediately after the RV. I don't know if that's correct but that's his opinion.

Legolas, thank you for bringing reality to the forums with your thoughts and good sense. I enjoy reading all your posts and learn new info from them. I'm happy to hear you are now believing the dinar will RV at least by a small amount. I'll take what I can get and wait for it to go up in value over a few more years. Read Sonny1's post this morning. He says the dinar can RV even though Chapter 7 is not totally completed. That Chapter 7 can be finished immediately after the RV. I don't know if that's correct but that's his opinion.

Thanks sheepdog. I'm definitely hoping for at least a small increase in value. Many of the articles have stated their desire to do that. Just have to wait and see. As far as Chapter 7 goes, I've read both sides of that issue, and it's difficult to come to a definitive conclusion. My gut feeling is that Sonny1 is probably correct in thinking that the two issues aren't necessarily co-dependent. ANY progress made by Iraq would have to be seen by the U.N. as a positive step toward removal from remaining sanctions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The distributor having or not having a gold tooth :P

And a fur coat, a walking stick , a hat, lots of jewellery and beautiful not much dressed women around him.....

...and that day is today.....

Thanks.

Good post and I do agree that we should look at this as a potential loss or gain but to say all the news is about a RD, I'm wondering what else would they talk about a RV? I have said it before the first time you hear about them actually RV'ing in the news will be after it has happened. Look at the president he has made millions of promises about what he was going to do and the opposite has happened. Instead he has gotten a chance to see the world for free and a head full of gray hairs. Now look at the news about the IQD it's all about the RD but I beleive the opposite will happen first. Either way I am good because I didn't invest more than I could stand to lose. As far as the Gurus and there so called dates, fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!!!

Mrs.Lady G......Welcome to the Forum... Nice to meet you... I find your pic charming.....Just an innocent compliment.

You're kidding, right? Why would ANY Dinar Website owner disagree with a belief that the Dinar will RD before RV? The answer is obvious. Site Traffic. Tens of thousands of people come to these sites daily in a desperate quest to reinforce their own hopes and dreams that the Dinar will RV and make them wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. I only look at one other site, and very rarely, so I'm not 100% certain, but I'm fairly sure that Adam may be the "only" site owner who repeatedly states that RD before RV is a distinct possibility. He states that "in his opinion" we will see a "small RV" before a re-denomination, and no one on either side of the RD/RV debate can reasonably criticize his answers. He has a business to run, and is doing so more professionally and diplomatically than any other I'm aware of. He chooses his words carefully, and deserves credit for exploring and exposing virtually every aspect of the Dinar speculation.

Agreed and thanks.

Edited by umbertino

It's possible, Skip. Sonny posted information from an article this morning implying that there are now 4 Trillion Dinars in "domestic" circulation. It's not extremely clear, but if it's true, it's great news. It's difficult to believe that there could be more in circulation "outside" of Iraq than inside, and that the numbers could have dropped that quickly, but who knows? I'd like to see that information posted by Shabibi, or even Saleh, along with an explanation as to the huge discrepancy in numbers between CBI's 30 Trillion and this 4 Trillion figure, but it's interesting for sure. 4 Trillion is still WAY too high, but it's a huge reduction from the previous numbers.

Edited by Legolas

LOL! My screen name has nothing to do with the dinar. Although I suppose it is becoming more appropriate. Those were the words I uttered to my husband when he first tried to pick me up at a mutual friend's party back in college. We joke about it all the time now. My first name is Natalie so he shortens it to "Nota" sometimes. Obviously, he was eventually successful. Ever since, it's been a screen name I use. It's funny how you take offense because you think it's related to the dinar. A gal can't even have a screen name without offending the sensitivities of some people in the dinar world.

I take no pleasure in being correct about the dinar. I know how desperately many people really need the dinar to revalue. I've said I would happy if I was wrong, even if I didn't benefit financially. However, I have become convinced it will not revalue. At least not in a manner that makes anybody millions or even thousands of dollars. But it won't be on a managed float forever. Someday it will float freely against other currencies. However, the only way it will ever be par with the US dollar (as the CBI has stated) is through a redenomination. They've even repeatedly said they intend to redenominate. But for some reason, so many people seem not to believe it. It's certainly their perogative to believe whatever they want. But belief doesn't make reality. Simply ignoring or discounting what they say doesn't make it not true.

Hello Natalie! Yes, a coincidence... yet still appropriate! ;) Thank you for clarifying... it does help with the perception.

That was a very nice response... you and others, including myself, WILL take no pleasure in the reality of a POSSIBLE RD/Lop...

However, you missed my point entirely about the arrogance attached to your sentiments. Perhaps it is just not in you to recognize... you actually did it again, stating, "I take no pleasure in being correct about the dinar". You do realize that is an absolute statement?

The only difference between yourself and many others, is simply in the manner of your statements... hence the annoying arrogance of it. Heck, if we all believed you... because you are the absolute "knower", of this in particular... we would not have to be here on DV... including Adam! What else could we put our absolute faith in you about?

Maybe I'm missing something, as you also cotradict yourself, saying, "But belief doesn't make it reality." So... your belief then, is also in question... unless again you are a prophet, or a knower. I wish you were!!! :D

I enjoy your perspective and confidence, as it is not at all offensive... it's just that "other thing"... :P

All the best to you and your family. :)

It's possible, Skip. Sonny posted information from an article this morning implying that there are now 4 Trillion Dinars in "domestic" circulation. It's not extremely clear, but if it's true, it's great news. It's difficult to believe that there could be more in circulation "outside" of Iraq than inside, and that the numbers could have dropped that quickly, but who knows? I'd like to see that information posted by Shabibi, or even Saleh, along with an explanation as to the huge discrepancy in numbers between CBI's 30 Trillion and this 4 Trillion figure, but it's interesting for sure. 4 Trillion is still WAY too high, but it's a huge reduction from the previous numbers.

Is the 30 trillion the number of dinars that were originally printed and if so no more have been printed right?

I hope the CBI has burned a lot dinar :woot: maybe 26 trillion :confused:

If this is the case they will have to make what they have left more valuable won't they? :twothumbs:

Is the 30 trillion the number of dinars that were originally printed and if so no more have been printed right?

I hope the CBI has burned a lot dinar :woot: maybe 26 trillion :confused:

If this is the case they will have to make what they have left more valuable won't they? :twothumbs:

According to the CBI, it's the number currently in circulation. As in the U.S., notes are replaced and destroyed as they become damaged or otherwise unusable. If you check your Dinars, you may find that they were printed in different years. It'd be nice if it was the total number printed, but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case. According to the pdf reports the number has increased every year. I think the last update was in the Spring of 2011, so the numbers may have changed since then. I could be wrong, but I believe it was Dalite who has posted a link to the M1 & M2 reports in the past. :unsure:

Edited by Legolas

However, you missed my point entirely about the arrogance attached to your sentiments. Perhaps it is just not in you to recognize... you actually did it again, stating, "I take no pleasure in being correct about the dinar". You do realize that is an absolute statement?

The only difference between yourself and many others, is simply in the manner of your statements... hence the annoying arrogance of it. Heck, if we all believed you... because you are the absolute "knower", of this in particular... we would not have to be here on DV... including Adam! What else could we put our absolute faith in you about?

I suppose you're pointing out that I can't possibly know the future and, therefore, I should preface my statements with "I believe...". That's insightful of you. Perhaps I made the assumption that everybody here already knew that nobody could possibly know the future and all sentiments were nothing but the opinion of the poster. It's no different than the posters that continually insist, "we're getting close" or "one day these gurus will be right". Those are absolute statements that nobody can possibly know. If the dinar never revalues, we are no closer today than we were 2 years ago. Yet people continue to make the statement that we're closer than ever (and, I haven't seen a single criticism from you about the poster making an absolute statement). If the dinar never revalues, the gurus will never be right. Yet they continue to speak authoritatively. This board is full of absolute statements. I'm not sure why you choose to pick on mine (except, of course, that the content of my statements does not fit the template of what people want to hear).

Edited by NotAChance
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I suppose you're pointing out that I can't possibly know the future and, therefore, I should preface my statements with "I believe...". That's insightful of you. Perhaps I made the assumption that everybody here already knew that nobody could possibly know the future and all sentiments were nothing but the opinion of the poster. It's no different than the posters that continually insist, "we're getting close" or "one day these gurus will be right". Those are absolute statements that nobody can possibly know. If the dinar never revalues, we are no closer today than we were 2 years ago. Yet people continue to make the statement that we're closer than ever (and, I haven't seen a single criticism from you about the poster making an absolute statement). If the dinar never revalues, the gurus will never be right. Yet they continue to speak authoritatively. This board is full of absolute statements. I'm not sure why you choose to pick on mine (except, of course, that the content of my statements does not fit the template of what people want to hear).

All speculative opinions you are correct unless you are working with the CBI you woudnt know or you actually know someone in the CBI that would not lie to you. You or anyone else will not know what will be the outcome we are holding out hope for this and we all do our best to try to make sense of the the articles but even those can be misleading at times or a simple translation issue that can make no sense whatsoever translated into english from arabic.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3

Oh yeah. I owe you one. So...

I strongly disagree. But respect your right to be stupid.

.............. aaaaaaaand as always we have the m*****n of the day finding the way to say something .......... "stupid" ......... that he respects by the way. Must be feeling better. :blink:

Where is this world coming to I have no idea.

• Upvote 1

LEGOLAS: thank you.

Your great common sense and knowledge is very refreshing. I have thought the same for a long time (although with much less knowledge of the whole thing) and even posted a couple of times but bashed by the "true believers". Regardless I hold a little more than you do, and I went in the same way you did and the truth is that I was trying to make a quick $. I was very skeptical at first thinking ....Iraq ? Bad news right there. Then through some research I started to believe it may just be possible. Never at $3, but at 50 or 75 cents I thought it could actually happen. I was obviously wrong and honestly I am debating to get rid of them because in my view, it will simply never happen.

The funny thing is that under a normal circumstance, if my financial adviser would have told me to buy shares of an Iraqi company or worthless iraqi currency with good US$, I would have fired him instantly............... :lol:

So I did it all by myself. I too did not disclosed this to anybody, not even my wife, and it was the smart decision. If I will loose even more than I have lost so far, I will be the only one to blame and everything is still good under the roof at home.

Hmmm... I'm trying to work with you here. I feel it's really just considerate while communicating, to qualify things you don't truly know. So, of course you (we) should preface any speculative statements with "I believe", or something similar, to qualify it as a speculative opinion. Without that, it is seen as an absolute statement, and it's gonna get called out. And your assumption that people already know is correct... which is another reason NOT to use absolute statements... they become contradictory... you can't just say something "is", without qualifying it one way or the other.

I'm not picking on you... I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, as I would anyone else, when I see glaring statements of "knowing". And, I don't agree with your comparisons at all... it's very different from the emotional optimistic statements you pointed out. Optimistic sentiments are not absolute statements... and most are said for fun and encouragement! Myself, and many others, have addressed the lying and exaggerating, or as you suggest... other absolute statements... from the gurus all the time. Look, you certainly don't fall into that category! As I said... I can appreciate your confidence... and you are certainly not being deceptive or deceitful... so, I was moreso just wondering!

So, to clarify your position... I will leave it with a simple question for you to answer: Will the dinar LOP? Three choices... Yes or no, or maybe? Two are absolute.

All the best to you and your family! :)

Spot on. For some reason, so many posters continue to cling to the prospect of "imminent" riches despite countless indications (and common sense) that it just isn't going to happen.

You don't own Dinar and you say it won't happen. If I wasn't invested I wouldn't be wasting my time here like you do.

• Upvote 1