Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHY are we still here?

Legolas,

As always, a sterling post.

You stated what many of us would like to say, but never had the organization to lay it out that clearly.

I am a relative newcomer, but have learned a lot since getting here.

Once I got the stardust out of my eyes, I have always enjoyed reading what you have to say.

Before that, like most newcomers, I always wanted to attack those that took away the promise of overnight riches.

Thanks for laying it all out so succinctly....

We are all along for the ride, some longer than others.

It has been a real learning experience so far....

Legolas you are definitely one of the most articulate individuals oj thjs site. You summed up exactly how I feel and what I believe. You did in a way that even with a 100 years I could not have written better. I can surmise from your posts that your journey to enlightenment is similar to mine. I too purchased a great deal of dinar and nowi am just hoping to make a decent return. It does get frustrating to voice my opion only to get torn up a few on this site but its posts like yours that reaffirms my position as being sound. Thank you for all you do. +1

• Upvote 1

Why are we still here? For many of us, to watch this thing play out to the end. We initially invested on an opportunity. Many of us maybe knew the risks, worst-case scenarios, and the potential lengthy ride. But even to this day, things may turn out bad or good. The Gurus have said it is done over and over, for months to years. We have also read that a re-denomination were to take place for years as well. To this day, neither a R/D or a R/V has happened.

But, why do people hate on the idea of a R/D so bad? To some, it is more than just limitations on high returns or killing dreams... We may not have much history on countries that have had significant re-valuations, but, we do have some history on many re-denominations.

We have seen that some countries that do a LOP have done some of the following:

Closed borders upon completion of the project

Had a very short window of exchange (I read somewhere as little as 3 days for one country)

Do not adjust the rate until the old notes are no longer valid.

The 3 points I have listed are not great for us speculators. It could potentially mean losing out entirely all our invested money.

But, I would argue the probability of cashing out is still good for us, upon a re-denomination. However, the better questions would be:

Who will accept our IQD?

Many banks already discontinued exchanging IQD, why would they start up again during a R/D?

Dealers may be willing to exchange, but you know they're buy-back prices will drop.... $860 or so per million could drop down to figures maybe like $600-700...

Even upon a rate change, we may still walk away in the without any profits unless the rate change was significant (i.e., such as RD @ 1000:1 than R/V to $2+)

But, that would need to come out the gate upon implementation of the process.

Okay, so lets say banks do accept IQD for USD to be exchanged. Currency dealers have to up their rates, and we recoup some of our losses. All the old IQD will make its way back to the CBI & they'll have to exchange out their USD to retrieve foreign held IQD. Their $58 billion cash reserves are now going to take a hit. A very likely substantial hit... Why? Many of us speculators will rush to find a way to cash out to not miss out on any windows. We'll view the scenario as "game over & move on to better things..." Even those with Warka accounts may decide to withdraw their funds, as the hope & dream of a R/V has ended. They may feel that other investments could provide better returns. So, would the CBI be raising their rates when they know an abundance of people will be cashing out? The lengthy time of people to exchange old for new will help prevent a run on the bank as some will feel as if they have time to hope for a rate adjustment.

Lets move on to their local economy..... Dollarization is a threat, and you just lopped your currency where 25,000 is now 25. Some may lose confidence and fall back on the dollar. The dollar will still be used as no incentives were added to use the IQD. People may still be fearful of banks and prefer to be cash-backed. We can go further, and also remind people that I've read the average life cycle of a note in that region is as short as 90-days to about 1.5 years. Moving to digital will help reduce costs of printing currency every year. Faith in banks will help strengthen banks. The CBI claims 31 trillion in circulation. A LOP would bring that figure down to 31 billion. Now, we can also assume a % of that 31 is held by foreigners. As the foreign held IQD comes back, that puts the liabilities on the street even as far as circulation goes. You would think that would be great for them as they could adjust the rate. But..... Their cash reserves are hit too. They've reduced that as well. Now the local market has to understand pricing in USD, old IQD, & new USD, have all 3 currencies to conduct transactions, and price their products accordingly.

Now, if we look to the year 1988 or so in Iraq... Their entire currency supply was $80 some billion dollars. The rate was $3, and during that time crude oil was much much cheaper. Global inflation has increased significantly in the years gone past... So to have an economy similar to 1988, the value of their $money$ supply should be much bigger than $80 billion. 31 Trillion down to 31 billion @ $0.86 = $26-27 Billion... That figure alone is more than 3 times less than the 1988 USD value... Luckily though, the U.S. shipped in billions of frozen assets from the former regime to help prop up the economy. Dollarization has been a threat to the IQD ever since.

When your spending a lot of government revenue to rebuild a war torn nation, it can be quite difficult to try to get the wealth back to the people. They are focusing on rebuilding the housing sector, transportation, ports, exporting crude, drills, education, etc. Each sector likely is only receiving a small portion of funds for development.

I would argue that rebuilding of that nation could take quite a long time upon a RD. Foreign investors would pour in at a reasonable, modest, or significant rate if the people appeared as potential customers. As of now, they likely appear as cheap labor... So manufacturing companies would find that region appealing. Their work force is likely to expand as a large percentage of their population is young... They're going to be looking for work, starting families, and finding ways to feed their families.

So, they need to find out how to plan long-term. Some people consider a R/D as a short-term band-aid against inflation. But... It doesn't solve the problem. The exchange rate would be more appealing, but getting their economy up and running would help...

In my opinion, upon a R/D, a R/V, or a Hybrid scenario - Iraq will export their wealth in some form or fashion... Whether it be liquid, hard assets, or some form of agreement as they draw in IQD. Just a matter of how much it will cost them, how fast of an impact it will have, and if they have the ability to stretch it out as they build up their economy.

We can't confirm or deny a re-denomination. We can't realistically find it to be their best plan of action. I think the delay is because too many people think differently on how it should be handled. And it really comes down to who is for their people.... The GOI? The CBI? Well, the CBI has their people connected to the R/D (Removal of the 3 zero articles) attached to the articles.... Maybe the 3 letter agency we have been praising to get this done is in reality our enemy.... Maybe the GOI is our ally in hoping for a R/V. After all, maybe they wish to see a R/V too as it benefits all the politicians in parliament...

Interesting to watch this play out... Who will win the battle

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Why are we still here? For many of us, to watch this thing play out to the end. We initially invested on an opportunity. Many of us maybe knew the risks, worst-case scenarios, and the potential lengthy ride. But even to this day, things may turn out bad or good. The Gurus have said it is done over and over, for months to years. We have also read that a re-denomination were to take place for years as well. To this day, neither a R/D or a R/V has happened.

But, why do people hate on the idea of a R/D so bad? To some, it is more than just limitations on high returns or killing dreams... We may not have much history on countries that have had significant re-valuations, but, we do have some history on many re-denominations.

We have seen that some countries that do a LOP have done some of the following:

Closed borders upon completion of the project

Had a very short window of exchange (I read somewhere as little as 3 days for one country)

Do not adjust the rate until the old notes are no longer valid.

The 3 points I have listed are not great for us speculators. It could potentially mean losing out entirely all our invested money.

:P

GOOD POST Darin

I'm with you on the liabilities of an RD. But the best point you made was at the end, and goes along with Enoch's thoughts - that the GOI is actually our friend, and the CBI is the body that wants to RD to keep liabilities low. The GOI may be our friends, including Nouri al-Maliki. Hell, they want to get rich too!

But, I would argue the probability of cashing out is still good for us, upon a re-denomination. However, the better questions would be:

Who will accept our IQD?

Many banks already discontinued exchanging IQD, why would they start up again during a R/D?

Dealers may be willing to exchange, but you know they're buy-back prices will drop.... $860 or so per million could drop down to figures maybe like $600-700...

Even upon a rate change, we may still walk away in the without any profits unless the rate change was significant (i.e., such as RD @ 1000:1 than R/V to $2+)

But, that would need to come out the gate upon implementation of the process.

Okay, so lets say banks do accept IQD for USD to be exchanged. Currency dealers have to up their rates, and we recoup some of our losses. All the old IQD will make its way back to the CBI & they'll have to exchange out their USD to retrieve foreign held IQD. Their $58 billion cash reserves are now going to take a hit. A very likely substantial hit... Why? Many of us speculators will rush to find a way to cash out to not miss out on any windows. We'll view the scenario as "game over & move on to better things..." Even those with Warka accounts may decide to withdraw their funds, as the hope & dream of a R/V has ended. They may feel that other investments could provide better returns. So, would the CBI be raising their rates when they know an abundance of people will be cashing out? The lengthy time of people to exchange old for new will help prevent a run on the bank as some will feel as if they have time to hope for a rate adjustment.

Lets move on to their local economy..... Dollarization is a threat, and you just lopped your currency where 25,000 is now 25. Some may lose confidence and fall back on the dollar. The dollar will still be used as no incentives were added to use the IQD. People may still be fearful of banks and prefer to be cash-backed. We can go further, and also remind people that I've read the average life cycle of a note in that region is as short as 90-days to about 1.5 years. Moving to digital will help reduce costs of printing currency every year. Faith in banks will help strengthen banks. The CBI claims 31 trillion in circulation. A LOP would bring that figure down to 31 billion. Now, we can also assume a % of that 31 is held by foreigners. As the foreign held IQD comes back, that puts the liabilities on the street even as far as circulation goes. You would think that would be great for them as they could adjust the rate. But..... Their cash reserves are hit too. They've reduced that as well. Now the local market has to understand pricing in USD, old IQD, & new USD, have all 3 currencies to conduct transactions, and price their products accordingly.

Now, if we look to the year 1988 or so in Iraq... Their entire currency supply was $80 some billion dollars. The rate was $3, and during that time crude oil was much much cheaper. Global inflation has increased significantly in the years gone past... So to have an economy similar to 1988, the value of their $money$ supply should be much bigger than $80 billion. 31 Trillion down to 31 billion @ $0.86 = $26-27 Billion... That figure alone is more than 3 times less than the 1988 USD value... Luckily though, the U.S. shipped in billions of frozen assets from the former regime to help prop up the economy. Dollarization has been a threat to the IQD ever since.

When your spending a lot of government revenue to rebuild a war torn nation, it can be quite difficult to try to get the wealth back to the people. They are focusing on rebuilding the housing sector, transportation, ports, exporting crude, drills, education, etc. Each sector likely is only receiving a small portion of funds for development.

I would argue that rebuilding of that nation could take quite a long time upon a RD. Foreign investors would pour in at a reasonable, modest, or significant rate if the people appeared as potential customers. As of now, they likely appear as cheap labor... So manufacturing companies would find that region appealing. Their work force is likely to expand as a large percentage of their population is young... They're going to be looking for work, starting families, and finding ways to feed their families.

So, they need to find out how to plan long-term. Some people consider a R/D as a short-term band-aid against inflation. But... It doesn't solve the problem. The exchange rate would be more appealing, but getting their economy up and running would help...

In my opinion, upon a R/D, a R/V, or a Hybrid scenario - Iraq will export their wealth in some form or fashion... Whether it be liquid, hard assets, or some form of agreement as they draw in IQD. Just a matter of how much it will cost them, how fast of an impact it will have, and if they have the ability to stretch it out as they build up their economy.

We can't confirm or deny a re-denomination. We can't realistically find it to be their best plan of action. I think the delay is because too many people think differently on how it should be handled. And it really comes down to who is for their people.... The GOI? The CBI? Well, the CBI has their people connected to the R/D (Removal of the 3 zero articles) attached to the articles.... Maybe the 3 letter agency we have been praising to get this done is in reality our enemy.... Maybe the GOI is our ally in hoping for a R/V. After all, maybe they wish to see a R/V too as it benefits all the politicians in parliament...

Interesting to watch this play out... Who will win the battle

Needless to say,

LEGOLAS

This should be in the LOP section, first of all.

2nd, how will Iraq have a budget of $25 billion when it RDs and run the country? Answer that. Not enough money. Let's say RV after LOP 3X - still not enough money.

Thirdly, the country has already RV'd several times. Legolas appears SURE THAT cannot happen again...

Fourthly, he states the "RV clearly has not happened..." as if that means it cannot happen. NO, not yet.

He also has not answered my questions regarding dinar held by CBI - which when revalued will go a long way toward paying off creditors.

Nor answered the question of exactly who wants years of war paid back - the US government and the banksters. Think they are going to be left out in the cold with an LOP? I think not.

Another misconception: these lopsters are reading the news AS IF IT IS TRUE. Look, I have been a print journalist. We all know about TV journalists. (It's called "polishing the turd" i.e. FOX News) Nothing gets past the editors at the top, and they are reined in by their corporate handlers. They lie all the time, either lies of omission, or white lies, or twisting the truth. Does anyone really believe Iraqi articles stating RD as the only possibility? Give me a break.

Let's hear some answers to these comments, not more whining about their lost investment....

First, it's opinion, in response to a specific question in the opinion section. The topic was not specifically related to RD.

Second, the $25 Billion you speak of has nothing whatsoever to do with their budget. Their budget is actually something close to $90 Billion, with a deficit of $17 Billion. The $25 Billion would be the amount of currency in "circulation" AFTER removing the three zeros from the 25 Trillion Dinars currently in circulation. They supposedly have $58 Billion in reserves, which also is unrelated to the specific budget figures. Like all countries, the budget is determined by expenses and income. In Iraq's case, most of their income derives from oil production. The RD/RV is a completely different issue. If a country could simply RV their currency to resolve budget problems, EVERY country (even the U.S.) would be waving that magic RV wand, wouldn't they?

Third, they have NEVER RV'd in an amount anywhere close to 100,000 to 300,000%. Most RV's are in very small increments.

Fourth, It has not happened despite literally thousands of false claims that it "has" or will tomorrow, etc., etc. What does that have to do with anything? It might also "RD" tomorrow, next week, next year, or whenever.

What does Dinar held by CBI have to do with anything in my post? They certainly don't have even a tiny fraction of the amount of money needed for a $30-90 TRILLION RV, unless you believe that the $58 Billion reserve will somehow cover it.

When has the U.S. "ever" been repaid for expenses incurred in "any" war? What makes this one different? Further, there is absolutely no evidence that the U.S. is holding Dinars, and in any event, it's not the type of currency known to be held by the U.S. Treasury. We only hold a few major, "tradable" currencies.

Finally, the hundreds of RD articles COULD "all" be lies, but to what end? Why would they lie? The purpose of the articles is allegedly to gradually educate the Iraqi people as to what may happen in the near future with their currency. Why print literally hundreds of articles to deceive them. It's not like they're printing them in english and in American media with the intent to confuse "we" the investors. We're translating "arabic" articles in "Iraqi" media.

Legolas,

As always, a sterling post.

You stated what many of us would like to say, but never had the organization to lay it out that clearly.

I am a relative newcomer, but have learned a lot since getting here.

Once I got the stardust out of my eyes, I have always enjoyed reading what you have to say.

Before that, like most newcomers, I always wanted to attack those that took away the promise of overnight riches.

Thanks for laying it all out so succinctly....

We are all along for the ride, some longer than others.

It has been a real learning experience so far....

Thanks Dalite. Your own extremely articulate posts explaining in detail many of the controversial RD/RV issues are also well worth reading.

Well done in #29 above Darin. Some great points for consideration.

Nice speech. However, Why would Adam disagree with your theory that it will RD before RV? Hmmmm. Nothing really matter until we all see what will happen in the future with the Iraqi Dinar. Right? Right..

It was a great well thought out speech. And im not sure why it is hard for you to see why Adam would disagree with the R/D brfore R/V assesment. I think its pretty darn obvious. If people wee to accept the R/D before R/V stance then there would be no reason to pay for the VIP service. Adam after all is selling a service here. My best advise is to honestly with a truly open mind look at all the research and evidence and stop relaying on what Adam says. Adam might be a great guy and he does have a great deal of knowledge to pass along but he has to make a living too. Sorry Adam

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It was a great well thought out speech. And im not sure why it is hard for you to see why Adam would disagree with the R/D brfore R/V assesment. I think its pretty darn obvious. If people wee to accept the R/D before R/V stance then there would be no reason to pay for the VIP service. Adam after all is selling a service here. My best advise is to honestly with a truly open mind look at all the research and evidence and stop relaying on what Adam says. Adam might be a great guy and he does have a great deal of knowledge to pass along but he has to make a living too. Sorry Adam

So what i hear you saying is that no one can be honest because they have a business agenda. I do not have a VIP membership. Why would you think that this website would not make it if RD before RV? No matter how much proof you may have, it really does not mean anything until it happens. Why would they not RV before RD? What the numbers don't add up, they are saying it will not? Iraq has not been very truthful with there people or the public about any of the whole Currency thing. What makes you think that they are being truthful with the so called press releases? One thing i know for a fact, no politician, bank, or anyone of power will tell anyone the truth about what will happen, especially with currency or major decisions that are about to be made. So where does that leave us now, nowhere. So have fun off in your RD land and with your shattered dreams, oh yea you must still have hope, or you would not be here. Why Why Why must there always be kill joys. There are alot of them here. No matter how much info you process to come up with a solution, it does not matter. Iraq will do what it will do, and they will not tell you the truth until it happens.

• Upvote 2

I keep going back to where are the dinar that come in from the billions of Dollars from the auctions....would this not equate to trillions of dinars? And why when we are presented with the Facts of an RD they dont address this question. So for me Iam just gonna keep thinking that it will play out just the way it is suppose to because honestly I have as good a chance of predicting what will happen as the other 34,000 members on this site. The Fact is " NO ONE KNOWS" how this will play out.......Thanks ....Chris

• Upvote 1

I keep going back to where are the dinar that come in from the billions of Dollars from the auctions....would this not equate to trillions of dinars? And why when we are presented with the Facts of an RD they dont address this question. So for me Iam just gonna keep thinking that it will play out just the way it is suppose to because honestly I have as good a chance of predicting what will happen as the other 34,000 members on this site. The Fact is " NO ONE KNOWS" how this will play out.......Thanks ....Chris

My thoughts exactly.

• Upvote 1

I can't understand your point.

I read the same line from you yesterday on another thread...... I'm all for free speech but without insulting & offending if that's not too much to ask...

I forecast that one day soon someone will not respect your "right" to be stupid and offensive.

...and that day is today.....

• Upvote 2

Good post and I do agree that we should look at this as a potential loss or gain but to say all the news is about a RD, I'm wondering what else would they talk about a RV? I have said it before the first time you hear about them actually RV'ing in the news will be after it has happened. Look at the president he has made millions of promises about what he was going to do and the opposite has happened. Instead he has gotten a chance to see the world for free and a head full of gray hairs. Now look at the news about the IQD it's all about the RD but I beleive the opposite will happen first. Either way I am good because I didn't invest more than I could stand to lose. As far as the Gurus and there so called dates, fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!!!

• Upvote 3

Nice speech. However, Why would Adam disagree with your theory that it will RD before RV? Hmmmm. Nothing really matter until we all see what will happen in the future with the Iraqi Dinar. Right? Right..

You're kidding, right? Why would ANY Dinar Website owner disagree with a belief that the Dinar will RD before RV? The answer is obvious. Site Traffic. Tens of thousands of people come to these sites daily in a desperate quest to reinforce their own hopes and dreams that the Dinar will RV and make them wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. I only look at one other site, and very rarely, so I'm not 100% certain, but I'm fairly sure that Adam may be the "only" site owner who repeatedly states that RD before RV is a distinct possibility. He states that "in his opinion" we will see a "small RV" before a re-denomination, and no one on either side of the RD/RV debate can reasonably criticize his answers. He has a business to run, and is doing so more professionally and diplomatically than any other I'm aware of. He chooses his words carefully, and deserves credit for exploring and exposing virtually every aspect of the Dinar speculation.

Edited by Legolas
  • Upvote 2

Good post. While I sympathize with your concerns about this investment (having held dinar for over two years), it has always been speculative at best. Going into it, I believed that the chances to make a large return were there, based on the asset values of Iraqi gold and oil holdings. The complicator has been the GOI and the frustrating way of Iraqi politics. Can they get out of their own way to allow this to happen? I hope so, but honestly don't know, because we never seem to know what is really happening over there. The world needs this RV/RI, and maybe, just maybe, with enough pressure from the likes of the U.N., I.M.F, and W.B., the GOI might get out of their own way long enough to allow the RV to happen.

Good post and I do agree that we should look at this as a potential loss or gain but to say all the news is about a RD, I'm wondering what else would they talk about a RV? I have said it before the first time you hear about them actually RV'ing in the news will be after it has happened. Look at the president he has made millions of promises about what he was going to do and the opposite has happened. Instead he has gotten a chance to see the world for free and a head full of gray hairs. Now look at the news about the IQD it's all about the RD but I beleive the opposite will happen first. Either way I am good because I didn't invest more than I could stand to lose. As far as the Gurus and there so called dates, fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!!!

I agree with you Mrs Lady G, and I too have stated that IF they were to RV, there would be absolutely no clue prior to the event taking place. It would simply happen. To discuss it in the media would be financial suicide, and that's part of the point here. The fact that there have now been hundreds of articles spelling out their intentions would "seem" at least to be an effort to educate the people of Iraq as to what is going to happen with their currency. I find it difficult to believe that there would be such extensive discussion if the intent was the "smoke and mirrors" which so many people want to believe is the case. It would be much easier to say "nothing" than to repeatedly lie to the people and the world, only to turn around and do the exact opposite. I doubt the dishonesty would be appreciated, and I question the rationality.

• Upvote 2

Good post. While I sympathize with your concerns about this investment (having held dinar for over two years), it has always been speculative at best. Going into it, I believed that the chances to make a large return were there, based on the asset values of Iraqi gold and oil holdings. The complicator has been the GOI and the frustrating way of Iraqi politics. Can they get out of their own way to allow this to happen? I hope so, but honestly don't know, because we never seem to know what is really happening over there. The world needs this RV/RI, and maybe, just maybe, with enough pressure from the likes of the U.N., I.M.F, and W.B., the GOI might get out of their own way long enough to allow the RV to happen.

From what i have read the World bank is satisfied with what Iraq has accomplished as far as what needed to be done with their banks, now we wait to see what the next phase of the process is remember when we try to transslate these articles what might mean something to us might mean something totally different in arabic. When Turkey and other countries decided to LOP AKA redenominate they had to adjust everything FIRST that includes shares, stocks, bank acounts etc. From what i have read Iraq said their shares will not be affected that tells me that they wil not LOP because if they were gonna RD they would have needed to do those things already so can someone explain why they say they are not adjusting bank accounts nor shares if they do indeed would like to RD first because it jst makes no sense reducing the money supply there is not only one way to achieve that i am almost sure of it .

You're kidding, right? Why would ANY Dinar Website owner disagree with a belief that the Dinar will RD before RV? The answer is obvious. Site Traffic. Tens of thousands of people come to these sites daily in a desperate quest to reinforce their own hopes and dreams that the Dinar will RV and make them wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. I only look at one other site, and very rarely, so I'm not 100% certain, but I'm fairly sure that Adam may be the "only" site owner who repeatedly states that RD before RV is a distinct possibility. He states that "in his opinion" we will see a "small RV" before a re-denomination, and no one on either side of the RD/RV debate can reasonably criticize his answers. He has a business to run, and is doing so more professionally and diplomatically than any other I'm aware of. He chooses his words carefully, and deserves credit for exploring and exposing virtually every aspect of the Dinar speculation.

WOW. So you are also implying that Adam can not tell the truth because he has a business agenda. WOW OK. Legolas. Anything to protect what you said before to start this chain of posts.

• Upvote 1

From what i have read the World bank is satisfied with what Iraq has accomplished as far as what needed to be done with their banks, now we wait to see what the next phase of the process is remember when we try to transslate these articles what might mean something to us might mean something totally different in arabic. When Turkey and other countries decided to LOP AKA redenominate they had to adjust everything FIRST that includes shares, stocks, bank acounts etc. From what i have read Iraq said their shares will not be affected that tells me that they wil not LOP because if they were gonna RD they would have needed to do those things already so can someone explain why they say they are not adjusting bank accounts nor shares if they do indeed would like to RD first because it jst makes no sense reducing the money supply there is not only one way to achieve that i am almost sure of it .

Those are concerns of mine as well, easyrider. The only way nothing would change is if they are true to their word, keeping the event "value-neutral" with no simultaneous "increase" in the value of the IQD at the time of re-denomination. If they simply remove the zeros, values remain exactly the same as before the RD. The only change in that scenario is that the decimal point moves three positions to the right. That would be a really bad thing for us, and would limit the positive effects for Iraq to one of simplifying their banking system and counting of their currency - one of their stated goals. They HAVE stated that they want their Dinar to be on a par with the U.S. Dollar, and that would involve "increasing" the value by at least 16% after RD. THAT move would definitely affect pricing of merchandise, stock values, etc. Obviously we hope that they ultimately do more than that. All we can do is wait and see. :unsure:

• Downvote 1

WOW. So you are also implying that Adam can not tell the truth because he has a business agenda. WOW OK. Legolas. Anything to protect what you said before to start this chain of posts.

Wow is right, Scrumdiddles. You're can not really be that naive. Every business owner has an agenda, and that is to make money. Adam isn't here to impart his personal opinions on anyone, and he's not going out of his way to sway YOURS in one direction or the other. If you believe he is, then you haven't followed his posts. He has effectively provided all possible scenarios. You're repeatedly implying that Adam has stated that RV is the only possible outcome, and that simply is not the case. This is the most well-rounded Dinar site on the net, and nobody needs Adam's opinion to make their own decisions. People ask for his opinions, and he provides them where and when he can. It should be obvious to you and everyone that his AGENDA does not involve attempting to convince anyone of anything. He provides "opportunities" and makes you aware of the methodology with which to seek them while making a profit at the same time. His ultimate goal is to operate a profitable, informative website, and it would appear that he is doing so without subjecting himself to unnecessary scrutiny or attack. Don't put words in his mouth or mine. :blink:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I agree with you Mrs Lady G, and I too have stated that IF they were to RV, there would be absolutely no clue prior to the event taking place. It would simply happen. To discuss it in the media would be financial suicide, and that's part of the point here. The fact that there have now been hundreds of articles spelling out their intentions would "seem" at least to be an effort to educate the people of Iraq as to what is going to happen with their currency. I find it difficult to believe that there would be such extensive discussion if the intent was the "smoke and mirrors" which so many people want to believe is the case. It would be much easier to say "nothing" than to repeatedly lie to the people and the world, only to turn around and do the exact opposite. I doubt the dishonesty would be appreciated, and I question the rationality.

Also to be considered is the one chance Iraq gets to create and maintain world credibility.

If we are watching the Iraqi press, you can rest assured that potential investors with billions of dollars at risk are also doing the same.

What kind of credibility would the CBI and GOI give Iraq by openly discussing concrete plans to ReDenominate and give the currency strength and build confidence in the citizens as well as potential investors..... Only to turn around and Revalue a highly inflated money system and magnify the problems.

Anyone that is responsible for a company or industry's investment capital would see a RV that made the currency worth 100,000 times more, and run the other way; very quickly and never look back; thankful that they hadn't put up a loosing share in a country with so little vision for it's future.

Small changes in the exchange rate to offset rising production and imports are both possible and responsible. They build confidence and enhance credibility.

An overnight increase of 100,000 times would tell the world that not only are the ones running the economy less than educated on economics, or history; they are also dead set on adding another 3 to 6 zeros to the currency within the following decade (if it takes that long)....

Also, the Paris Club would not be exceptionally thrilled at Iraq inflating away the debt owed to them, and are highly unlikely to step back in when the economy collapses due to uneducated financial policy that allowed that large of an increase in value.

The IMF, as creditors would take the same dismal view of their debt being inflated away to zero.

Anyone receiving the bloated dinar would make all possible efforts to convert it into a stable currency before the CBI went broke and could no longer honor the dinar. No one who had the least understanding of how money works would be caught dead holding dinar, with no immediate plans to convert it to a stable currency 24 hours after such a large upward revaluation.

Also, the term revaluation does not always refer to an increase of value. All redenominations are Revaluations. All Revaluations aren't necessarily redenominations.

Reinstatement after nine years; yeah, and reinstate Elvis and Jimi Hendrix while you are at it...

And, as far as a LOP goes, when you stick your Tomcat's head in a boot and cut off his gonads, after telling him it is for his own good, was he redenominated or lopped?

I have always wondered if Castrated was an equally accurate or acceptable term for redenomination?

When someone's head rolls down the hill after being lopped off, was he redenominated?

But, it does seem likely that anyone who would give illegitimacy to a redenomination by calling it a LOP would sell the promise of a 100,000 to 500,000 times increase in value, overnight, on a highly inflated currency to an audience that was so caught up in the immediacy of the next revaluation that they didn't stop long enough to consider the alternatives.

I, like everyone else here fell into that category of buyer's when the pyramid operation was innocently spread by a ( still) good friend who had received this highly secretive information, available to just a few people, never planned to be known by the commoners, planned by the leaders, and due to happen yesterday; if not sooner..

The currency is real, and has a great chance for greater value. The way the concept was sold to the masses, and constantly hyped is the Dinar Scam...

Before anyone asks the deeply intellectual question as to why I am here; I plan on riding this experience until the trail either leads somewhere I want to be, or goes cold... 100% to 300% is the neighborhood I plan on homesteading at the end of the trail.

• Upvote 3