Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pepsi Shares at 1.94 Dinar?

Markinsa

5:39 PM [jonnywg] the iraqi stock market opened it's international part of the stock exchange today. with pepsi shares at 1.94 dinar ......= 2/10th of a cent at the old rate. do you think they are selling at the old rate????

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1aOzp4Upm

Can anyone verify this?

Found it!

Pepsi 1.91 ticker-down.gif 1.04%

-

So what doors this mean exactly? What is their stock value for the dollar?

Pepsico stock is PEP on NYSE - currently $60.92 per share but this changes constantly ....PEP msn stock

60.92 / 1.91 = $ 31.895 per dinar which is highly unlikely.

The stock quote on the Iraq exchange is NOT Pepsico - BUT - Baghdad Soft Drinks Company which has the exclusive rights to sell Pepsi products in Iraq.

A BIG difference.

• Upvote 2

Pepsico stock is PEP on NYSE - currently $60.92 per share but this changes constantly ....PEP msn stock

60.92 / 1.91 = $ 31.895 per dinar which is highly unlikely.

The stock quote on the Iraq exchange is NOT Pepsico - BUT - Baghdad Soft Drinks Company which has the exclusive rights to sell Pepsi products in Iraq.

A BIG difference.

Pepsi and Baghdad soft drinks are two different listings.

IBSD 1.910 -1.04%

Market Performance ISX

Number of transactions Shares Traded Size % Change Change Minimum Top Open Close Company Symbol

37 71,568,608 137,248,752.1 1.04% 0.02 1.90 1.93 1.93 1.91 Pepsi IBSD

Shares Outstanding for Pepsico is about 1.58 B.

Shares Outstanding for this ISX soft drink company is I am guessing about 1 trillion. Just throwing this out there I know there is a lot.

This is why pepsico is $60 per share and this iraqi soft drink company is a penny stock.

So if the dinar rv's to $1USD this company is now worth 1 Trillion dollars? I don't think so.

People are trying to compare the prices without considering the number of shares.

Edited by Sowhat
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can anyone verify this?

Found it!

Pepsi 1.91 ticker-down.gif 1.04%

-

This is the correct information below: It's the only 'Non-Bank" I own.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX XXXXXX,

Our number one priority is to make sure that the very best banking services and customer care is always provided to you.

Please find attached your details free capital shares for Baghdad Soft Drink 5%

I look forward to further hearing from you and I thank you for your fine and pleasant cooperation.

Many thanks and best regards

ISX Department

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

Shares Outstanding for this ISX soft drink company is I am guessing about 1 trillion. Just throwing this out there I know there is a lot.

This is why pepsico is $60 per share and this iraqi soft drink company is a penny stock.

So if the dinar rv's to $1USD this company is now worth 1 Trillion dollars? I don't think so.

People are trying to compare the prices without considering the number of shares.

The number of shares has NOTHING to do with anything here. The Baghdad Soft Drinks Co. IS NOT Pepsico !!!

They only have a franchising license to sell Pepsi products. If they were creating their own soft drinks and selling them world wide ... maybe you could compare them to Pepsi. Think of them as a Pepsi franchisee - would you compare your neighbourhood McDonald's franchisee to the parent company McDonald's?

The number of shares has NOTHING to do with anything here. The Baghdad Soft Drinks Co. IS NOT Pepsico !!!

They only have a franchising license to sell Pepsi products. If they were creating their own soft drinks and selling them world wide ... maybe you could compare them to Pepsi. Think of them as a Pepsi franchisee - would you compare your neighbourhood McDonald's franchisee to the parent company McDonald's?

Did I say they are two equal companies? I know what they are because I once owned this bottling company on the isx.

Shares do matter... if pepsico had 1 trillion shares outstanding the share price would not be $60!

Just like this two bit bottling company would not be worth 1 trillion dollars after a rv of 1usd to 1 iqd.

They would have to reduce the number of shares outstanding. ie lop

Edited by Sowhat

Baghdad Sodt Drink has the franchise for Pepsi in Baghdad,and Northern Iraq. North Drink has the franchise for southern Iraq. BSD is twice the size of North Drink.However,this company only became profitable a few years ago. They have OVER 1 BILLION shares outstanding,and has been trading in the 1.9 to 2 dinar range for the last several months. North Drink is down arounf .5 to >55 range.Coke got "kicked out" of Iraq back in the early 1970 s due to politics in the Israeli conflict of 1973. It has only been in the last few years that they have been allowed to return to Iraq. Saad Al-Bunnia (owner of Warka Bank) owns the franchise for all of Iraq. This stock is not on the ISX.

You have raised a point that does not seem to get addressed.

The soft drinks company(ISBD) is capitalised at 105 billion dinar(approx 95 million USD) with shares at par. With shares trading at 1.94 dinar the company has a perceived value of about 200 billion dinar(approx 180 million USD)

With an RV of 1:1 , it is inconceivable that the company capitalisation could be come 105 billion USD.

I think the outcome here could be that all company accounts are converted to the new rate based on their current dollar value. I realise that this is not what shareholders want to hear as it would mean new shareholdings would still have the same dollar value. Their benefits would come with future growth.

With the actions in Iraq regarding e banking, smart cards etc. I am coming to the conclusion that it will only be physical currency that sees the benefit of the RV. I have funds in an Iraqi bank so I do not relish the possibility but have to accept that it may be an outcome.

Edited by sandyf

In this case Pepsico U.S. sell their syrup world wide to independent bottlers such as the one in Iraq. The more syrup pepsico sells overseas the better the US stock does. Pepsi as well as Coke also have extended operations in certian parts of the world. For now I imagine they will stay out of Iraq untill things become more stable.

So and independent Iraqi bottler is beleivable. A lot of you may not know this, but beverages such as pop, or soda if you will have a very high profit margine. Without going into specifics, I can tell you that a 16 oz. drink can make roughly 500 to 800% for the bottler with just 1oz of syrup. The Iraqi bottler making cans of soda/pop, I beleive is set to make good money on their stock. As for the average Joe I would say the stock may also be a good buy.

BTW french fries are also a high profit item. Go RV

You have raised a point that does not seem to get addressed.

The soft drinks company(ISBD) is capitalised at 105 billion dinar(approx 95 million USD) with shares at par. With shares trading at 1.94 dinar the company has a perceived value of about 200 billion dinar(approx 180 million USD)

With an RV of 1:1 , it is inconceivable that the company capitalisation could be come 105 billion USD.

I think the outcome here could be that all company accounts are converted to the new rate based on their current dollar value. I realise that this is not what shareholders want to hear as it would mean new shareholdings would still have the same dollar value. Their benefits would come with future growth.

With the actions in Iraq regarding e banking, smart cards etc. I am coming to the conclusion that it will only be physical currency that sees the benefit of the RV. I have funds in an Iraqi bank so I do not relish the possibility but have to accept that it may be an outcome.

This is where the "MARKET" comes into play and it will automatically adjust according to what Buyers and Sellers think the stocks are worth. :twothumbs:

-

Baghdad Soft Drink has the Pepsi franchise for Baghdad,and northern Iraq. North Drink has the franchise for southern Iraq.Coke was "kicked out" of Iraq back in the 70s due to politics (they wanted Coke to "pull out" of Israel).Saad Al Bunnia (owner of Warka Bank) has the franchise for all of Iraq. The stock is NOT on the market .BSD has been trading in the 1.90-2.00 range for several months now. North Drink is in the .50-.55 range.

You can go to www.Al-Bunnia.com and check out this family. It is quite impressive.The hold the coke franchise,Proctor & Gamble,Nestles; It will NOT show anything onWarka Bank because Saad Al-Bunnia (one ot the grandsons) owns it outright-not a family thing. He also owns Iraq Islamic Bank.

In this case Pepsico U.S. sell their syrup world wide to independent bottlers such as the one in Iraq. The more syrup pepsico sells overseas the better the US stock does. Pepsi as well as Coke also have extended operations in certian parts of the world. For now I imagine they will stay out of Iraq untill things become more stable.

So and independent Iraqi bottler is beleivable. A lot of you may not know this, but beverages such as pop, or soda if you will have a very high profit margine. Without going into specifics, I can tell you that a 16 oz. drink can make roughly 500 to 800% for the bottler with just 1oz of syrup. The Iraqi bottler making cans of soda/pop, I beleive is set to make good money on their stock. As for the average Joe I would say the stock may also be a good buy.

BTW french fries are also a high profit item. Go RV

And Iraqi's love their pepsi! Taste's weird to me, but I guess it's tasty to them.

:wub: Hi pink piggy piggy! :wub: