Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar is equal to the dollar!

VIZIOIRAQI

Got some negatives what a supprise. Feeble minds huh. Yea that's real classy. Let's resort to name calling which is tactic used by people that have no other facts to suppost their conclusions, so they lash out and name call. This article has nothing to do with an R/v.

They are talking about deleting the zeros to gain purchasing power and to reduce the money supply. The R/V will come later. It will be gradual and I belive will ultimately be around 3 to 1.

Its pretty sad that some of you give out negative just because someone has a differnt point of view. Did I give any negatives Darin? No I did not. Did I give you any Aqua Dude? No I did not.

Here's the problem with what you just said, The R/V will come first then the lower denoms will replace the larger notes as they come in that is the exact process Shabibi has said himself in several speeches at the World Bank and IMF. What you said is that the lower denoms will come out then the R/V will take place later which is an R/D, when you are actually wrong, what you described is a l0p and not what Shabibi has described.

This is a very simple description of what will go down, I'm not a guru nor do I have sources I just pay attention to details when Shabibi speaks not when the Lopsters speak because they argue for days about nonsense and can't read the writing on the wall if someone pointed it out to them and it was in glowing neon lights!

I gave you neither neg nor pos, cause it is my understanding that you just do not know what you are talking about and fail to pay attention to current events not just in Iraq but globally.

• Upvote 1

Here's the problem with what you just said, The R/V will come first then the lower denoms will replace the larger notes as they come in that is the exact process Shabibi has said himself in several speeches at the World Bank and IMF. What you said is that the lower denoms will come out then the R/V will take place later which is an R/D, when you are actually wrong, what you described is a l0p and not what Shabibi has described.

This is a very simple description of what will go down, I'm not a guru nor do I have sources I just pay attention to details when Shabibi speaks not when the Lopsters speak because they argue for days about nonsense and can't read the writing on the wall if someone pointed it out to them and it was in glowing neon lights!

I gave you neither neg nor pos, cause it is my understanding that you just do not know what you are talking about and fail to pay attention to current events not just in Iraq but globally.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. But I do pay attention to world events very closely. They even continously use Turkey as an example nd the R/D'd LOP or what ever you want to call it. I respect your opinion and I guess we wjll just have to wait and see

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. But I do pay attention to world events very closely. They even continously use Turkey as an example nd the R/D'd LOP or what ever you want to call it. I respect your opinion and I guess we wjll just have to wait and see

Best answer uv given. What gets me is when those that firmly believe in a RD get upset or are surprized by some of the responses they recieve. No One Knows how this will turn out,so sit back and enjoy the ride.

Yet... nothing has been done. The beat goes on.

ill wait forever, im patient

i didn't get into this thinking im gonna be a millionaire overnight...i got into this knowing that it is a good investment...and any investment that you have a dedicated group telling you that this is never going to go anywhere over and over and over, implying that you are stupid to invest in such a thing over and over and over month after month after month, that investment is golden(why are they taking time out of their entire life to seek out where most dinar investors mingle just to tell them that they are wrong in their educated assumptions month after month after month...because they are paid to do so...PAID BASHER they are called)...this coming from a securities trader who's been through this entire process with emerging stocks

• Upvote 4

I don't care about the money anymore. I just want this to be over so SOMEBODY can finally say "I'm right", SOMEBODY ELSE can tuck their tale between their legs, and all this friggin' argument can cease. ( But then still it'll be a whole new set of arguments!!!!)

I don't care about the money anymore. I just want this to be over so SOMEBODY can finally say "I'm right", SOMEBODY ELSE can tuck their tale between their legs, and all this friggin' argument can cease. ( But then still it'll be a whole new set of arguments!!!!)

ABSOLUTELY

I am also reading that delete the zeros means a Lop. It could mean something else, and I would love for it to mean something else, but, right now that's how I am reading it. Having that said, I still don't think it is in Iraq's best interest to Lop. Here's why: on "cash in day" or whatever you want to call it, when I approach the teller and hand him/her a 25k note, and the teller takes out a red marker and colors in my 000s to make them disappear or whatever the he double hockey stick they would do in that situation to try to convince me they don't have to honor what it says on my frigging paper, followed by them telling me the good news that it revalued at 4 to 1 and my 25k note is now worth a hundred bucks, minus some fee, I'm going to be pissed. Then I'm taking my little money and heading straight to Home Depot to purchase the materials I need to chain myself to the bank's gates in protest. Up until the police arrive, I will be screaming at the top of my lungs: "KUWAIT'S CURRENCY CREATED MILLIONAIRES. IRAQ'S? NOT SO MUCH!". Along with other expletives. Picture some 3 million Americans shouting this, at various banks all over the country, plus, millions of people shouting this worldwide in their respective languages. Is this scenario congruent with the statement: "Iraq will have the most powerful currency in the Middle East?". I think not. Powerful currency doesn't Lop. It honors what it says on the frigging paper. You have millions worldwide expecting this. Toilet paper Lops. I for one wouldn't keep toilet paper in a safety deposit box at the bank. I believe I have valuable currency in there. But again, like everyone, I am only speculating and can only wait and see...come on...RV already!

• Upvote 1

And we keep on complaining how the Iraqis can't get to agree.

Everytime someone posts an article here within the first 10 posts someone calls someone else "stupid" and someone else will claim to have posted it earlier and many others will add their "intel" and "gut-feel" and blablabla

and the Divine Creator looks down on us and says: Nah....I'll wait with the RV.... They are not worthy... :-)

• Upvote 1

I am also reading that delete the zeros means a Lop. It could mean something else, and I would love for it to mean something else, but, right now that's how I am reading it. Having that said, I still don't think it is in Iraq's best interest to Lop. Here's why: on "cash in day" or whatever you want to call it, when I approach the teller and hand him/her a 25k note, and the teller takes out a red marker and colors in my 000s to make them disappear or whatever the he double hockey stick they would do in that situation to try to convince me they don't have to honor what it says on my frigging paper, followed by them telling me the good news that it revalued at 4 to 1 and my 25k note is now worth a hundred bucks, minus some fee, I'm going to be pissed. Then I'm taking my little money and heading straight to Home Depot to purchase the materials I need to chain myself to the bank's gates in protest. Up until the police arrive, I will be screaming at the top of my lungs: "KUWAIT'S CURRENCY CREATED MILLIONAIRES. IRAQ'S? NOT SO MUCH!". Along with other expletives. Picture some 3 million Americans shouting this, at various banks all over the country, plus, millions of people shouting this worldwide in their respective languages. Is this scenario congruent with the statement: "Iraq will have the most powerful currency in the Middle East?". I think not. Powerful currency doesn't Lop. It honors what it says on the frigging paper. You have millions worldwide expecting this. Toilet paper Lops. I for one wouldn't keep toilet paper in a safety deposit box at the bank. I believe I have valuable currency in there. But again, like everyone, I am only speculating and can only wait and see...come on...RV already!

Call me. I'd like to watch.

Got some negatives what a supprise. Feeble minds huh. Yea that's real classy. Let's resort to name calling which is tactic used by people that have no other facts to suppost their conclusions, so they lash out and name call. This article has nothing to do with an R/v.

They are talking about deleting the zeros to gain purchasing power and to reduce the money supply. The R/V will come later. It will be gradual and I belive will ultimately be around 3 to 1.

Its pretty sad that some of you give out negative just because someone has a differnt point of view. Did I give any negatives Darin? No I did not. Did I give you any Aqua Dude? No I did not.

Its all about delivery, not so much content. By the way, I never gave you any negatives..... Oh & you must of taken it personal, I never directed towards you just a vague statement.

Technically, the IQD has re-valued several times since its introduction in 2004.

We, as dinarians, view a R/V as something substantial. It does NOT have to be.

Remember Men In Black? When the Alien made fun of the MIB because they thought a galaxy had to be huge. Orion's belt...

Minor adjustments can be revaluations.

Has nothing to do with a R/V? Even @ 1000:1 re-denomination, the rate would note equal $1. So, the LOP claim alone will not make 1 IQD = 1 USD. A re-value would be needed.

Now, if they said... 1.17 IQD = 1 USD - that would leave me to believe a straigh up LOP.

Not what the article is stating...

1 IQD = 1 USD hmm... pretty sure a r/v is needed to reach that, lop or no lop.

R/V come later? I'm going to predict (a prediction as in opinion) that by the time the IQD hits $3+ the 000 notes we hold will not be what we exchange while it is at that rate... It may take a few years & after the 000s are no longer valid.

Maybe at some point in time or another, Warka may be stronger & more reliable. Who knows.

• Upvote 2

Really I call people stupid all the time huh. Name a another post that I have been disrespectful towards another poster who did not personally attack me first. You wont find one. Any I do believe in this investiment. I believe I will ultimately make double even triple my investiment which is better than any stock.

You again prove my point in my previous post. Attack with out facts, name calling. It does not same much with regards to your character. Sad really

I'll predict it like this..

If a true LOP is what is agreed upon, it'll be a straight up 1000:1 R/D

Prevents confusion, helps them co-exist, and helps phase them out.

Old IQD = 0.00086 rate

New IQD = 0.86 rate

Upon, probably 2013, when they retire the old 000 notes & deem them invalid, they'll re-assess their liabilities for what is out in circulation and adjust the rate. But! That is a maybe, because some banks take that difference as profit.

So, now your looking at pursuing other options.

Well you can re-invest in lower denominations with a likely mark-up through dealers.

Or.... Create a Warka acct and pay fees for every transaction as you move money over there.

I think if they go the LOP route, this is a likely scenario -- Unless... They do a more hybrid scenario where they're removing 1 or 2 zeros and R/V the difference.

That would be an RV of 16% to go along with an RD of 1000:1 to bring the dinar to exactly $1 . Not exactly what was hoped for.

No, it isn't what was hoped for. Possibility? Yes... Likely? Well, worst-case scenario they don't even make that adjustment until after the 000s are no longer valid.

Probably 2013 when they make that 16% adjustment..... Eek!! That still doesn't cover our crap dealer mark-ups we paid. We're still taking a loss upon exchange.

Ouch! Huh?

It was a gamble, but, I'm going to ride this out...

I feel like I am in a poker gaming going all in w/ pocket 2s or something LOL

• Upvote 1

I still go back to the idea that was presented here a while back that if the current rate is .00087 and they delete 3 zeros, isn't it then worth .87 which is nearly 1:1????

It depends on how you look at it. If our 25,000 note is still worth 25,000( even if they do just take them out of circulation, giving us 25 1,000 notes in its place) I LIKE that idea.

But if they say 25,000 is worth 25 now, yes...........still 1:1, but about what we paid for it unfortunately.

Stupid??? You spend quality time saying the same lop nonsense over and over....you continue to tell everyone how stupid they are! Lol your the one spending ALOT of time on something you dont believe in!!! Now thats is what I call stupid!!!!

Such people are saintly in their charity. B)

I still go back to the idea that was presented here a while back that if the current rate is .00087 and they delete 3 zeros, isn't it then worth .87 which is nearly 1:1????

If they honor the zero's on the notes that would be an RV with a new exchange rate of .87. Your 25,000 Dinar note would be worth $21,750. :D:drool::hug:

If they pretend the zero's don't exist your 25,000 Dinar note will equal $21.75. That's called a LOP. :mad::angry::mad::(:mad:

Edited by Doctor Smith
  • Upvote 1

If they honor the zero's on the notes that would be an RV with a new exchange rate of .87. Your 25,000 Dinar note would be worth $21,750. :D:drool::hug:

If they pretend the zero's don't exist your 25,000 Dinar note will equal $21.75. That's called a LOP. :mad::angry::mad::(:mad:

Thanks Doc! u said it soooooo much better than I did!

I need to get Lop talk out of my head because I remember reading that a while back, and thinking, that makes sense. Referencing it as delete the zeros causes us to panic and dump Dinars, and at the same time they are not outright lying... I pray that's what it means. Either way it's an RV! Thanks for ending my day on a positive note!

Well one thing we do know for sure is that they will be coming out with new dinar that will have the Kurdish language on it. When they RV/RD wouldn't it make sense to present the new dinar with the new rate and have an exchange period for the "old" dinar? The only way I can see this going belly up is to have an in country exchange only. So, some of you economic smarty pants out there, what do you think the chances are of this happening?

But........ How does a lop help the Iraq people and economy and make them one of the strongest currencies? To help the Iraq economy I think they would at least need to revalue at a little over the value of the dollar so the people of Iraq will cease to use the U.S. dollar and use the Dinar and jump start their economy into full steam. Just a thought.

Yes, so a RV of only 16% would boost it up to exactly 1:1 .

No, it isn't what was hoped for. Possibility? Yes... Likely? Well, worst-case scenario they don't even make that adjustment until after the 000s are no longer valid.

Probably 2013 when they make that 16% adjustment..... Eek!! That still doesn't cover our crap dealer mark-ups we paid. We're still taking a loss upon exchange.

Ouch! Huh?

It was a gamble, but, I'm going to ride this out...

I feel like I am in a poker gaming going all in w/ pocket 2s or something LOL

They wouldn't have to wait till the RD period is over to make the small RV adjustment since RD ratio (between the new and old currency) is fixed no matter what the exchange rate to the dollar. They could even RV multiple times during the RV period. But, hopefully they will make whatever initial RV they are going to do when they start the RD, not when its ended. Edited by xyzzy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wonder if $21.75 is what President Bush has in mind when he said the war would pay for itself?