Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Greed

gymrat76541

The economy suckers because the rich cats want Obama out-of-office.

Obama forced America to provide health care for everyone.

This caused Corporate America to foot the bill.

This is why we now have a Congress full of Republicans whose sole purpose is to stop any common sense changes that cost the fat cats.

Corporations are sitting on Trillions of dollars, screwing the economy/middle class until they can vote Obama out-of-office.

I am not big fan of Obama. Did not even vote for him - BUT - even I can see what is happening.

If America had ½ a brain they would vote EVERY congressman out. Of course, they would be replaced by more dishonest Politian’s but the replacements would KNOW that the welfare of America has to come before the special interest.

Increase the taxes on the rich? Who do you think are sitting in Congress now? Each and every Congressmember is a millionare! LOL

The same Congressmembers who vote themselves 2-3 pay raises per year? The same Congressmembers who do 2 terms and receive a tirement pay check for life?

Yeah thats going to happen! Ha ha ha ha

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 9

This is why we now have a Congress full of Republicans whose sole purpose is to stop any common sense changes that cost the fat cats.

Corporations are sitting on Trillions of dollars, screwing the economy/middle class until they can vote Obama out-of-office.

I am not big fan of Obama. Did not even vote for him - BUT - even I can see what is happening.

If America had ½ a brain they would vote EVERY congressman out. Of course, they would be replaced by more dishonest Politian’s but the replacements would KNOW that the welfare of America has to come before the special interest.

Increase the taxes on the rich? Who do you think are sitting in Congress now? Each and every Congressmember is a millionare! LOL

The same Congressmembers who vote themselves 2-3 pay raises per year? The same Congressmembers who do 2 terms and receive a tirement pay check for life?

You can do just what you or talking about go to the GOOOH site and you will see what I mean.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All of this does not matter! Let them make as much money as they want! It's theirs not ours or yours! Get over it! Go out there and make your own! We don't need more taxes, we have enough revenue coming in as it is! We need to quite spending because it's not working! Where have you heard that spending more money when you are broke increased your revenues? No where! You want to know why? Because $0.00 in the bank x $100,000,000,000.00 is still $0.00!!!!! No matter who it is! And there is nothing wrong with being a rich fat cat in this country! I hope to be one, one of these days and so do you! The problem is still too much spending! This millionare tax that CNN and all the left wing media keeps talking about is not a millionares tax! Other wise you would start taxing people that make a million or more! It starts at $250,000.00! How many rich fat cats do you know that fly around on their private jets that only make $250,000.00 a year? Well, how many? Having trouble finding any? There's a reason for that, because there arn't any! To be able to aford to do this like Obama states, you would have to be worth a lot more money that just $250,000.00 a year! "Well, they can pay their part in taxes......." Guess what! They do! and then they pay for extra for those that don't pay anything! The problem was never about more money needed for the government! The problem is all about control! The government want to get you to depend on it instead of you depending on yourself and making something of yourself. They can't do this if America is thriving and the economy is doing great! Because jobs are not hard to find then, there are plenty for everyone that wants to work. This is why Obama keeps trying to pass regulations and laws that strangle the economy! He knows the more you depend on him then he has the control and you will have lost what most Americans take for granted every day.... Their freedom!

So Argue all you want, but the numbers do not lie! You want a better economy? You have to let America do what it does best! America makes people rich and free. What other country on the face of this planet does this? NONE!!!!

Peace

• Upvote 13

All of this does not matter! Let them make as much money as they want! It's theirs not ours or yours! Get over it! Go out there and make your own! We don't need more taxes, we have enough revenue coming in as it is! We need to quite spending because it's not working! Where have you heard that spending more money when you are broke increased your revenues? No where! You want to know why? Because $0.00 in the bank x $100,000,000,000.00 is still $0.00!!!!! No matter who it is! And there is nothing wrong with being a rich fat cat in this country! I hope to be one, one of these days and so do you! The problem is still too much spending! This millionare tax that CNN and all the left wing media keeps talking about is not a millionares tax! Other wise you would start taxing people that make a million or more! It starts at $250,000.00! How many rich fat cats do you know that fly around on their private jets that only make $250,000.00 a year? Well, how many? Having trouble finding any? There's a reason for that, because there arn't any! To be able to aford to do this like Obama states, you would have to be worth a lot more money that just $250,000.00 a year! "Well, they can pay their part in taxes......." Guess what! They do! and then they pay for extra for those that don't pay anything! The problem was never about more money needed for the government! The problem is all about control! The government want to get you to depend on it instead of you depending on yourself and making something of yourself. They can't do this if America is thriving and the economy is doing great! Because jobs are not hard to find then, there are plenty for everyone that wants to work. This is why Obama keeps trying to pass regulations and laws that strangle the economy! He knows the more you depend on him then he has the control and you will have lost what most Americans take for granted every day.... Their freedom!

So Argue all you want, but the numbers do not lie! You want a better economy? You have to let America do what it does best! America makes people rich and free. What other country on the face of this planet does this? NONE!!!!

Peace

Amen.

People who gripe about the rich paying thier "fair share,"

are usually the ones too lazy to get off their butts and produce for them self.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are examples of the American spirit.

Taking an idea, and making a profit from it.

Thier "greedy" corporations have provided incomes for many families,

and excellent returns on the average Joe's mutual funds.

Where people should focus their attention on

is the over spending done by our government,

and not villainize those who create wealth.

• Upvote 7

I will agree with MOST of what you guys say HOWEVER

Corporations continue to post RECORD profits EVERY year, and their efforts to post those same RECORD profits, during a bad economy does effect the middle-class/lower class.

At some point there has to be CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY.

They can not continuously rake in the profits and blame everything on the government.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

"It would be thought a hard government that should tax its people one tenth part."

"Repeal that [welfare] law, and you will soon see a change in their manners. ... Six days shalt thou labor, though one of the old commandments long treated as out of date, will again be looked upon as a respectable precept; industry will increase, and with it plenty among the lower people; their circumstances will mend, and more will be done for their happiness by inuring them to provide for themselves, than could be done by dividing all your estates among them."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Upvote 3

"He knows the more you depend on him then he has the control and you will have lost what most Americans take for granted every day.... Their freedom!

So Argue all you want, but the numbers do not lie! You want a better economy? You have to let America do what it does best! America makes people rich and free. What other country on the face of this planet does this? NONE! "

The part of America that makes people rich and free is the ability to own your own business. People that just work a job for someone else do not get rich and have very little freedom.

The people that stay trapped or dependent on a "job" do relinquish the control of their lives to others. This bad economy we are in is teaching people that. It is waking people up.

Some people forced out of their safe and secure job will take control of their life and create their own business. Others will moan and groan and want to be dependent on society and blame everyone but themselves for their situation. This is when you find out what you are made of. At least this economy is waking people up.

The battle between Republicans and Democrats won't solve anything. It is divide and conquer. We are all in this ride together and must come together to get through.

BOTH sides have some good ideas and some not-so-good ideas. It is a global crisis now, not just USA. It is not going to be a quick fix for anyone in office. It is time for everyone to put their heads together, work together and figure out ways to make things better. Fighting only makes things worse and creates even more problems.

I never vote by party affiliation. I vote for the PERSON, what they stand for, what their policies are and what their plans are to make this country better. So far, I haven't heard ANY good plans from anyone for 2012 elections. Just because a person is a Republican or a Democrat doesn't make them a good leader. They are still just a person with their own beliefs, life experiences, education, character and integrity. That is what people should look at, not their "party" affiliation. Personally, I'd like to see the parties go away and just have people run for office on their own merit... not because they belong to any certain party.

I think we are in unchartered ground with this economy and how global and intertwined everything is now. I don't think ANYONE knows how to fix it... not our "leaders", not the IMF, not the World Bank, no one. They just keep trying different things until something will work. I also think it is going to take a LONG time, so whoever gets in office in 2012 is going to have the same problem and will be hated for not fixing it fast too, no matter what party they belong to.

Just my :twocents: worth... thanks for listening... :tiphat:

• Upvote 4

Corporations continue to post RECORD profits EVERY year, and their efforts to post those same RECORD profits, during a bad economy does effect the middle-class/lower class.

At some point there has to be CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY.

They can not continuously rake in the profits and blame everything on the government.

For what its worth Gymrat, I totally agree with you. The day the corporations won the legal battle to have the same rights as a person but without the burden of any of the responsibilities of a person, is the day America began its slow, painful death. The tent cities are only sores. The malaise is deeper. Worse is yet to come.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

"He knows the more you depend on him then he has the control and you will have lost what most Americans take for granted every day.... Their freedom!

So Argue all you want, but the numbers do not lie! You want a better economy? You have to let America do what it does best! America makes people rich and free. What other country on the face of this planet does this? NONE! "

The part of America that makes people rich and free is the ability to own your own business. People that just work a job for someone else do not get rich and have very little freedom.

The people that stay trapped or dependent on a "job" do relinquish the control of their lives to others. This bad economy we are in is teaching people that. It is waking people up.

Some people forced out of their safe and secure job will take control of their life and create their own business. Others will moan and groan and want to be dependent on society and blame everyone but themselves for their situation. This is when you find out what you are made of. At least this economy is waking people up.

The battle between Republicans and Democrats won't solve anything. It is divide and conquer. We are all in this ride together and must come together to get through.

BOTH sides have some good ideas and some not-so-good ideas. It is a global crisis now, not just USA. It is not going to be a quick fix for anyone in office. It is time for everyone to put their heads together, work together and figure out ways to make things better. Fighting only makes things worse and creates even more problems.

I never vote by party affiliation. I vote for the PERSON, what they stand for, what their policies are and what their plans are to make this country better. So far, I haven't heard ANY good plans from anyone for 2012 elections. Just because a person is a Republican or a Democrat doesn't make them a good leader. They are still just a person with their own beliefs, life experiences, education, character and integrity. That is what people should look at, not their "party" affiliation. Personally, I'd like to see the parties go away and just have people run for office on their own merit... not because they belong to any certain party.

I think we are in unchartered ground with this economy and how global and intertwined everything is now. I don't think ANYONE knows how to fix it... not our "leaders", not the IMF, not the World Bank, no one. They just keep trying different things until something will work. I also think it is going to take a LONG time, so whoever gets in office in 2012 is going to have the same problem and will be hated for not fixing it fast too, no matter what party they belong to.

Just my TwoCents.gif worth... thanks for listening... tip_hat.gif

Read more:

Really? Is this what is really happening in America today?

Not even accordingly to Government statistics. They have just had to identify a family with an income of $100,00.00 as 'affluent'. And thanks to this redefinition, working class can pretend to be the new middle class even thought they can barely afford what their predecessors had.

Technically only 44% of Congressman are millionaires based on this website:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091107024220AAVaYBw

Congressional power is solely based on senority. If you vote your "bum" out but the next state over continues to re-elect their "bum" they win...as he (or she) moves up into Chairmanship and can therefore decide who else sits on their committees and which topics to bring up...and in so doing can bring federal tax dollars to their state. Look at how small states like Virginia and West Virgina have contineously been given more federal funds per capital than larger states or more populated states.

As far as corp taxes. Does it really matter if they pay "now" or you (as the consumer) pay later? One way or another if you buy their services or their products, the cost is passed down or is it? I own raw property in AZ...nothing is on it except an occasional coyote. Five years ago I was paying $356 for property taxes. This year I will have to pay over $12K (while the value of the property has gone down almost 50%). These property tax money goes to pay for police protection, fire protection and school systems. I don't have anything on the property to steal and I don't have any children. The point is, the only fair tax would be sometype of consumption tax...so that those who benefit from the government service, should have to pay for it. Military costs should be paid by all. Those who visit National Parks should have to pay for the upkeep etc.

Just my :twocents:

What amazes me the most aqbout all of this is that it is just a shell game and many are just not able to see it. Do you actually think that Corporate America will foot the bill for Obamacare or anything else for that matter? They will just pass on the cost to the consumer. It has always been and always will the the working class that get stuck with paying for these things. Those on welfare could care less where the funds come from, those in the upper income bracket will find a way to reduce their tax liability.

Unless we have a straight consumer tax. That way the drug dealer pays taxes, the mob boss, you and I, and even congresspeople everytime something is purchased. JMHO

I would suggest reading the recent post, "Where does your paycheck come from?"

Although it pertains to a small business in this instance... it still applies to all business, even large corporations.

And personally, I would love to see a national consumtion tax, like The Fair Tax.... everyone pays... pay as you go... and eliminates the IRS. :)

• Upvote 2

Although it pertains to a small business in this instance... it still applies to all business, even large corporations.

And personally, I would love to see a national consumtion tax, like The Fair Tax.... everyone pays... pay as you go... and eliminates the IRS. :)

I totally agree with you on the last part of your statement. haven't read your link yet. What I don't understand is why people hate corporations, doesn't the majority of people work for some type of corporation? IF the corporation paid more taxes, wouldn't they recoup that money with lower wages? I think that if an American corporation wants to send their jobs overseas, they should have to pay import fees to bring those products back. Maybe then they would keep the jobs in America so the American people would have work. But wait, that would just open more jobs for the illegal Mexicans to have. Never mind.

Those that complain about corporate greed should get rid of their IPhones, computers, tv's appliances, x-boxes, cars, and all the rest of the luxury items provided by corporate America.

Is there a problem? Yes indeed there is. The problem is not Democrat or Republican. It is all our problem. Both parties ARE the problem.

The reason there are no jobs left is because someone thought NAFTA would be a good idea. Corporations will do the best they can to make a profit. They all left for countries with lower or no taxes and lower wages. Everyone needs to be taxed equally(% wise) and corporations should be provided with an incentive to stay here, so they can manufacture(this means jobs)products and sell those products overseas and here in the USA. What do you think China is doing?

I agree that govt is too big, and all those millionaire congress critters need to be replaced. DC is nothing but a large toilet that needs to be flushed.

Get out and vote, vote for a newcomer to politics. Get rid of the incumbents. Send a message next November. Or do nothing but complain about how bad things are.

Remember if you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a service member. (I love those 2 sentences put together)

It is up to us to change things, get rid of the lifelong politicians, vote them out.

Rant is done. :lol:

I truly hope things get better for all of us soon.

• Upvote 1

Corporations continue to post RECORD profits EVERY year, and their efforts to post those same RECORD profits, during a bad economy does effect the middle-class/lower class. So what? All that proves is that they have a good business model.

At some point there has to be CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY. Why? Other than environmental and safety issues, what are they responsible for? THEY put forth the effort and THEY spend the money (not the general public or the government) to research, gather and process resources, organize, manufacture, and THEY provide the commodities, services and products that meet the public's need or demand at a price that is set by the public's own tolerance. What else do they owe the public?

They can not continuously rake in the profits and blame everything on the government. Why not? It's the government who is setting the highest corporate tax rates in the world, NOT the corporations. It's the Government who is intentionally trying to bankrupt certain industries (i.e. coal). It's the government who is prohibiting us from utilizing our own resources and preventing us from becoming energy independent. It's the government who is establishing over restrictive regulations and fees for permits that discourage new business and close down long established ones.

The bottom line of it all is human nature itself. There will always be an overall mix of folks with varying degrees of intelligence and drive. It is very rare for one to have all of the right attributes. Hence, the large difference in income levels between the few at the top & the many in the middle & bottom. Likewise, there will always be folks who are envious of those in the higher income brackets. Put that together with some politicians who, over many years, play on that envy and stir the pot so that they can gain power & viola! Here we are.

• Upvote 2

[/color]

The bottom line of it all is human nature itself. There will always be an overall mix of folks with varying degrees of intelligence and drive. It is very rare for one to have all of the right attributes. Hence, the large difference in income levels between the few at the top & the many in the middle & bottom. Likewise, there will always be folks who are envious of those in the higher income brackets. Put that together with some politicians who, over many years, play on that envy and stir the pot so that they can gain power & viola! Here we are.

Agreed, spot on.

I totally agree with you on the last part of your statement. haven't read your link yet. What I don't understand is why people hate corporations, doesn't the majority of people work for some type of corporation? IF the corporation paid more taxes, wouldn't they recoup that money with lower wages? I think that if an American corporation wants to send their jobs overseas, they should have to pay import fees to bring those products back. Maybe then they would keep the jobs in America so the American people would have work. But wait, that would just open more jobs for the illegal Mexicans to have. Never mind.

Danan... you are much too logical and full of common-sense! :) And, if you look like your avatar.... well.... ;)

I suggested that a few weeks ago and was heckled back into the rabbit hole I came out of...

I agree, except there will be some tweaking for companies that import materials and assemblies.

Used to be something called tariffs, and can be reused as soon as that "favored nation status" is removed.