Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

House of Mesopotamia Printing Company

fnbplanet

video link

You've seen the House of Mesopotamia ( aka Nahrain Printing House ) printing issue if you've followed the items that Parliament votes on daily. They are closing this company that employs 900 people who risk their lives everyday just to go to work. There's a link to a video newsfeed with subtitles. I feel sorry for them. I also don't see the security that I would want around if I were going to print currency either. The CBI is always mentioned when this vote comes up, don't know why.

She explained that dry “will also be the second reading of a bill disengagement Nahrain Printing House of the Iraqi Central Bank and faithfully attached to the Council of Ministers, and the second reading the draft law to the social protection network.”

Article

The lower denominations would definitely not be printed here, that's a DeLaRue thing. I just found it interesting that the CBI is connected to an outfit supposedly tied to the Mahdi Malitia of Sadr.

They already printed the lower denominations anyways. They also already had the second reading. I wonder why they are having another second reading. Is this the 3rd reading in disguise?!?

I thought the second reading was never done for some reason. Cancelled maybe? I could be wrong

Does this relate to currency printing, or just passports and visas and other government documents? I don't think its about currency. In all the posts where this has come up, I have yet to find one that spelled out the reason for this "disengagement" i.e. not renewing their printing contract. It also seems odd (but maybe not for how things work in Iraq) that the bill is about disengagement, not just what printing house should get a government contract. i.e. who is the replacement? Why does this even rise to the level of parliament in the first place as opposed to just competitive bidding with the respective agencies needing printing services?

Edited by xyzzy

Does this relate to currency printing, or just passports and visas and other government documents? I don't think its about currency. In all the posts where this has come up, I have yet to find one that spelled out the reason for this "disengagement" i.e. not renewing their printing contract. It also seems odd (but maybe not for how things work in Iraq) that the bill is about disengagement, not just what printing house should get a government contract. i.e. who is the replacement? Why does this even rise to the level of parliament in the first place as opposed to just competitive bidding with the respective agencies needing printing services?

I'm guessing that they may have had some official business/contract with them of some importance, or it wouldn't have had legislation involved. The fact that it is printing, and has always mentioned the CBI cahe RVught my interest. I am not convinced either way that the lower denoms are printed or being scrapped and reprinted. I AM convinced that the RV/RD must happen at the same time, as the alleged major reason is to make street transactions easier. Both currencies are to be used simultaneously, as I've seen over and over again.

My guess? If the RV happens like we want it to, and it's say, $1 : 1, they will need one heckuva lot of small denoms to make change for all of those larger bills! I cannot believe that if they printed them a while back, that they have any where near enough for the transition. Maybe they're stalling until they get more....

video link

You've seen the House of Mesopotamia ( aka Nahrain Printing House ) printing issue if you've followed the items that Parliament votes on daily. They are closing this company that employs 900 people who risk their lives everyday just to go to work. There's a link to a video newsfeed with subtitles. I feel sorry for them. I also don't see the security that I would want around if I were going to print currency either. The CBI is always mentioned when this vote comes up, don't know why.

She explained that dry “will also be the second reading of a bill disengagement Nahrain Printing House of the Iraqi Central Bank and faithfully attached to the Council of Ministers, and the second reading the draft law to the social protection network.”

Article

The lower denominations would definitely not be printed here, that's a DeLaRue thing. I just found it interesting that the CBI is connected to an outfit supposedly tied to the Mahdi Malitia of Sadr.

Well, I certainly owe you an apology.

I always ( incorrectly) thought the House of Mesopotamia was a reference to parliament.

This certainly sheds more light on the second reading issue which I and many others felt was about the printing of new Currency.

I see from the article that they printed "The Morning". I wonder if they also printed "Twilight"

These papers have carried articles unsympathetic to the way Maliki has been doing things.

I guess that if you can't stop them from writing articles, you can take away their presses.

I also wonder if this is being closed down to counter Shabibi's need to address the public about currency restructuring.

Some claim that Maliki is the good guy, but actions like this make it hard for me to believe it.

Again, I apologize for posting a response when you alluded to this before. I was going on my gut, and you were bringing the facts to the table... My view was obviously wrong.

This adds another dimension to the trials and tribulations of Iraq..

• Upvote 5

video link

Article

You might be on to something.....the contract with De La Rue is no longer valid in regards to printing their currency....at least thats what I remember reading at some point. Someone else has been printing the bills for sometime....I could be wrong, cause Im just going off memory here....

So if this company is tied with Iraq, I wonder if they are the ones the CBI is looking at to continue business with?? Just throwing some ideas out there....