Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Erbil Agreement Done?

GMartin

Per this news story the Erbil agreement is done

http://www.stopfundamentalism.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1221&Itemid=

Allawi Resigns as President of the National Council for Strategic Policy in Iraq

Thursday, 06 October 2011 20:40

Stop Fundamentalism - The head of the Iraqia Bloc, Iyad Allawi, said Thursday that he is resigning the post of Presidency of the National Council for the Strategic Policy of Iraq, a position which was created to help an election dispute resolve but never realized.

"We give up again for the presidency of the National Council for strategic policy in response to the demand of the People and the religious authorities," said Allawi to reporters during a press conference in Baghdad today.

This is the second time that Allawi announces that he will abandon the position. The post is yet to pass the Iraqi parliament approval. It was created to settle differences between the Iraqia Bloc headed by Allawi, and the coalition led by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki after an agreement was reached known as the Erbil agreement mediated by the Kurdish region President Massoud Barzani.

• Upvote 5

GMartin,

There is an Erbil Agreement that was reached, but never passed by the Parliament. You may have thought by the last sentence that it had passed, but to our knowledge, it has not. Good catch though!

This is the second time that Allawi announces that he will abandon the position. The post is yet to pass the Iraqi parliament approval. It was created to settle differences between the Iraqia Bloc headed by Allawi, and the coalition led by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki after an agreement was reached known as the Erbil agreement mediated by the Kurdish region President Massoud Barzani.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GMartin,

There is an Erbil Agreement that was reached, but never passed by the Parliament. You may have thought by the last sentence that it had passed, but to our knowledge, it has not. Good catch though!

So we are waiting for the parliament to pass it?

they will probably pass it now that the power sharing will not be an issue. the kurds will get their oil money, the supreme council will either fall by the wayside and the security minister will probably stay the way it is. it will be a complete goi but with maliki pretty much the king.

at this point i don't care. if this is what shabibi needs to rv the currency then fine. the iraqi people will be screwed by maliki and poverty will continue until they rise up but, it's not my fight. it may sound terribly selfish but i just want the rv to happen. they have been at war for thousands of years. i don't see that ending unless there is a grass roots movement and how can you have that with dictators killing or jailing all the leaders?

just rv the currency and let me go my way... sorry but that's just the way i feel

Edited by aaanth
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

It seems that Erbil hinged on M & A coming to some agreement or compromise. That would never happen. However, remember A is a baby and pouts so we may not have heard the last of him, but if we have, and even if there is a new guy to replace him, I think M may be more amenable to "Let's make a deal". At this point, I view it as a movement of sorts and in our dinar world, at least , it keeps us interested. Now, it will be interesting to hear what the other guys have to say - Talabani - Barzini & shabs.

Per this news story the Erbil agreement is done

http://www.stopfunda...id=1221&Itemid=

Allawi Resigns as President of the National Council for Strategic Policy in Iraq

Thursday, 06 October 2011 20:40

Stop Fundamentalism - The head of the Iraqia Bloc, Iyad Allawi, said Thursday that he is resigning the post of Presidency of the National Council for the Strategic Policy of Iraq, a position which was created to help an election dispute resolve but never realized.

"We give up again for the presidency of the National Council for strategic policy in response to the demand of the People and the religious authorities," said Allawi to reporters during a press conference in Baghdad today.

No, the Erbil is not passed. Allawi is ticked cause he resigned because Maliki kept trying to pull crap with the power. There had been an agreement and Maliki back tracked and Allawi threatened to publish it with Malikis signature on it. Maliki pulled a fast one and asked the question is this constitutional? He did that to put it off and buy himself more time. He did not want to share his power with Allawi. So bottom line to us is NO ERBIL.

• Upvote 1

they will probably pass it now that the power sharing will not be an issue. the kurds will get their oil money, the supreme council will either fall by the wayside and the security minister will probably stay the way it is. it will be a complete goi but with maliki pretty much the king.

at this point i don't care. if this is what shabibi needs to rv the currency then fine. the iraqi people will be screwed by maliki and poverty will continue until they rise up but, it's not my fight. it may sound terribly selfish but i just want the rv to happen. they have been at war for thousands of years. i don't see that ending unless there is a grass roots movement and how can you have that with dictators killing or jailing all the leaders?

just rv the currency and let me go my way... sorry but that's just the way i feel

You know what, we can all state our concern for Iraq's people etc., but I think they need to help themselves, as do we Americans. I think the best way to honor our fallen soldiers would be for this RV to happen and then to go forth with any wealth we may gain and try to do the best we can for the needy in this world, especially the children. That is the way to win any war - at the child level. Then, they are not as susceptible to the teachings of hate. But, whatever happens, I just hope it happens soon. This has taken a toll on many of us.

• Upvote 1

You know what, we can all state our concern for Iraq's people etc., but I think they need to help themselves, as do we Americans. I think the best way to honor our fallen soldiers would be for this RV to happen and then to go forth with any wealth we may gain and try to do the best we can for the needy in this world, especially the children. That is the way to win any war - at the child level. Then, they are not as susceptible to the teachings of hate. But, whatever happens, I just hope it happens soon. This has taken a toll on many of us.

IMHO this is IRAQ showing it's hand a little . REMOVE chapter 7 and watch everything go into motion.

Good post aaanth...I hear ya.....

Time for the country and it's people to put a thousand years of hatred and stupidity behind them and join the 21st century.

They are supposed to be the cradle of civilization...what happened to the civilized part ????

The best things in life RV

:) yak

Amen smile.gif Veronica