Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Nothing to See Here

Bambino3

I have scoured the entire DV site today, and it looks that the overwhelming conclusion is that this will be a LOP. If that is true, no real money to be made here. Better off just staring at your GE stock on MSN Money. but, that is what puzzles me. There are a lot of people pontificating the LOP conclusion as the Gospel. Okay, no argument. I don't know (oh, gosh - my bad. I said I don't know). So if you have made a relatively small investment, why do you unbelievers keep beating a dead horse? The hours spent on this are unbelievable. Why don't you start a novel? Like I said about Keepm. He wins either way. LOP = he was right. RV 1 to 1, we never hear from him again unless he makes the news by having a shark bite him in the butt while he is surfing in Ipanema. Not dismissing anyone's theory - just their motivation. Keepm, said he likes to keep an eye on his investment. But, do you really keep an eye on an investment that has little chance of making a significant return? Makes me think that Lopsters that are on this sire are disingenuous or they are sitting in some nuclear launch silo with nothing to do until the buzzer goes off.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

But, do you really keep an eye on an investment that has little chance of making a significant return?

We have different definitions of a significant Return....i own over 15 million in Warka and i have a few more million in the ISX, because of interest and Stock Splits and Paid-up shares, lets say i've broken even on my purchase...my 20 million, now cost me Exactly what the exchange rate says it should $17,094

Now lets talk about what happens in the event of a RD/LOP....

My 20,000,000 in stock and accounts becomes 20,000, i lose nothing, now my 20,000 dinar is worth $17,094 and it cost be the same

Now what I believe will happen....I believe, as they did in 2004 Iraq will set a short period of time for the RD/LOP exchange, 3-6 months....Just like before they will close the borders....And i believe Most, i'd say 75% of people that currently hold dinar will either Just cash out for their national currency, or NEVER CASH IN

My BEST GUESS is that of the dinar outstanding, they will be shorted 10-15%, that just NEVER make it back to the CBI

So lets do that (Simplified to explain) math....

30 Trillion Dinar gets RD/LOPPED, in the process of Exchange the CBI Finds they only need 25.5 Billion Dinar

30 Billion Foreign reserves now backing 25.5 billion Dinar...The Exchange rate is able to hit $1.18 Taking my Investment from $17,094 to $23,529.41

a Gain of $6000, if $6000 isn't a good sum of money for you, i'd like to thank you for being a part of our Community Mr. Gates...and if your NOT Bill Gates(I know your not, we talk at the Poker games, he doesn't own Dinar) and $6000 doesn't matter to you, i'd like to offer to buy your dinar at $6,000 below the current exchange rate

Edited by donnydoright
  • Upvote 2

I have scoured the entire DV site today, and it looks that the overwhelming conclusion is that this will be a LOP. If that is true, no real money to be made here. Better off just staring at your GE stock on MSN Money. but, that is what puzzles me. There are a lot of people pontificating the LOP conclusion as the Gospel. Okay, no argument. I don't know (oh, gosh - my bad. I said I don't know). So if you have made a relatively small investment, why do you unbelievers keep beating a dead horse? The hours spent on this are unbelievable. Why don't you start a novel? Like I said about Keepm. He wins either way. LOP = he was right. RV 1 to 1, we never hear from him again unless he makes the news by having a shark bite him in the butt while he is surfing in Ipanema. Not dismissing anyone's theory - just their motivation. Keepm, said he likes to keep an eye on his investment. But, do you really keep an eye on an investment that has little chance of making a significant return? Makes me think that Lopsters that are on this sire are disingenuous or they are sitting in some nuclear launch silo with nothing to do until the buzzer goes off.

what defines a "significant" return? To some, if the RV happens, but the exchange is less than 1:1, they will not be happy. To others, doubling a 100.00 investment is fine with them. Your argument can be the same with the ones who read ANY news as "They (Iraq) HAVE to RV soon!" The "realists" are not trying to be a buzz kill. Personally, I enjoy looking at BOTH sides of the coin. Why do people think there needs to be an RV before the RD/LOP? why do people think the RD/LOP HAS to come first. I will sign this post with what is considered to be acceptable, not because I believe it will RV tomorrow, but because I know that just seeing it makes people feel better.

GO RV

• Upvote 2

Please define a lopster. is it someone who thinks its a possibility and debates the issue, or is.it someone calling a lop 100%. I think it could lop at about a 90% chance. but its that 10% chance is why i roll the dice. its worth the risk to me.

the reason i say a 90% chance is because if the cbi took all the trillions of dinar back in they would be dollarizing their country. meaning they flooded the economy with dollars. which goes totally against de-dollarization. i believe the cbi could contract large amounts of dinar back through the cbi auction in a few months, to a point where theycan have a nice rv. yet if i look at the official stats im back to seing a lop. what am i, a lopster or not. in your book how to you classify my stereotype. can i join the rv club, knowing theres a chance of a lop, or does that disqualify me all together?

• Upvote 3

We have different definitions of a significant Return....i own over 15 million in Warka and i have a few more million in the ISX, because of interest and Stock Splits and Paid-up shares, lets say i've broken even on my purchase...my 20 million, now cost me Exactly what the exchange rate says it should $17,094

Now lets talk about what happens in the event of a RD/LOP....

My 20,000,000 in stock and accounts becomes 20,000, i lose nothing, now my 20,000 dinar is worth $17,094 and it cost be the same

Now what I believe will happen....I believe, as they did in 2004 Iraq will set a short period of time for the RD/LOP exchange, 3-6 months....Just like before they will close the borders....And i believe Most, i'd say 75% of people that currently hold dinar will either Just cash out for their national currency, or NEVER CASH IN

My BEST GUESS is that of the dinar outstanding, they will be shorted 10-15%, that just NEVER make it back to the CBI

So lets do that (Simplified to explain) math....

30 Trillion Dinar gets RD/LOPPED, in the process of Exchange the CBI Finds they only need 25.5 Billion Dinar

30 Billion Foreign reserves now backing 25.5 billion Dinar...The Exchange rate is able to hit $1.18 Taking my Investment from $17,094 to $23,529.41

a Gain of $6000, if $6000 isn't a good sum of money for you, i'd like to thank you for being a part of our Community Mr. Gates...and if your NOT Bill Gates(I know your not, we talk at the Poker games, he doesn't own Dinar) and $6000 doesn't matter to you, i'd like to offer to buy your dinar at $6,000 below the current exchange rate

First to Bambino, for a little insight as to why a "lopster" might be posting here. I have posted the reasons why I don't think an RV is possible, and I hate to see people wasting their money. 'Nuff said.

Donny, Your scenario of how you might make a profit off of an RD has the same flaw as how people think they will profit off of an RV. Wouldn't it make more sense for the CBI to just keep the profit for themselves instead of adjusting the rate so you profit?

You are definitely on the right track by buying your dinar at a fair price and earning an excellent interest rate instead of paying some idiot a 40% markup and then putting it in a shoebox. You will most likely be one of the few who doesn't lose money on IQD.

First to Bambino, for a little insight as to why a "lopster" might be posting here. I have posted the reasons why I don't think an RV is possible, and I hate to see people wasting their money. 'Nuff said.

I meant to say "...why an RV is impossible."

Well if the 25,000 dinar is devalued to 25 then we are only aloud three months to turn our investment then that would suck, that is the only bad thing about this investment. On the other side of the coin, if we are not required at short set time then we are good to GO RV when ( some day ) it hits 3.22 -over three times our investment like the other local countries. THE SKY is always falling in someones mind. GO RV

I have scoured the entire DV site today, and it looks that the overwhelming conclusion is that this will be a LOP.

Huummm.... I wonder what is bringing everyone to that conclusion.

Seems to me that these so called Lopster that you refer to are the only ones with any common sense what so ever.

I think we all win as long as we dont lose any money in this. I dont know how many times I have had to explain this, but apparently its not as easy for some to understand as I thought it was....maybe its just me and Im explaining it wrong. Yes, there is a lot of talk coming from the CBI about redenominating (deleting the zeros) and they even tell us that its in the hands of parliament waiting to be voted on. But does that mean its definately going to happen?? OF COURSE NOT! Could it be voted down? YES! Nothing is set in stone yet....along with the articles that lean towards a RD being a good thing, there are many that are opposing this idea as well so it seems that not everyone is on board with this idea and I think thats great.

The longer this drags on, the more chance we have of it being thrown out and not being done. There are other ways of raising the value of the dinar and we want them to be forced to go down those other avenues.....

As far as keeping an eye on something I put my money into, its also about the learning experience that comes along with this.....I actually enjoy learning (is that so bad?) and watching a country that was practically destroyed, put themselves back together and get back on the global stage....Iraq has a lot of potential and I want to see how they get there. Not to mention all the little stuff I have picked up about currencies, foreign investment, and some economics, there is a lot you can learn and get a better understanding about which I think is another plus to this (but of course it helps I put my money into it lol) Ive spent just as much time learning about the bright side to this investment, as I have the dark side and I think it has helped me get a better overall view of things and the situation with the dinar. Which is also why Im pretty much on the fence as to what could and can happen.....so until this is over one way or another, I will continue to come here daily and read the news, read opinions, and read other information that people bring to the table on our investment.....

Is that too much for you?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Well if the 25,000 dinar is devalued to 25 then we are only aloud three months to turn our investment then that would suck, that is the only bad thing about this investment. On the other side of the coin, if we are not required at short set time then we are good to GO RV when ( some day ) it hits 3.22 -over three times our investment like the other local countries. THE SKY is always falling in someones mind. GO RV

Its not really devalued....it would hold the same value....a 25k note is worth like 21.50 USD and a new 25 note would be worth the same. But it seems from what they are saying is that there will be a 2 year period for exchange before the bills we hold now would be worthless....then after the two years, the dinar would get a new and higher value....unfortunately the bills we hold now would not be RVd in this scenerio

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we all win as long as we dont lose any money in this. I dont know how many times I have had to explain this, but apparently its not as easy for some to understand as I thought it was....maybe its just me and Im explaining it wrong. Yes, there is a lot of talk coming from the CBI about redenominating (deleting the zeros) and they even tell us that its in the hands of parliament waiting to be voted on. But does that mean its definately going to happen?? OF COURSE NOT! Could it be voted down? YES! Nothing is set in stone yet....along with the articles that lean towards a RD being a good thing, there are many that are opposing this idea as well so it seems that not everyone is on board with this idea and I think thats great.

The longer this drags on, the more chance we have of it being thrown out and not being done. There are other ways of raising the value of the dinar and we want them to be forced to go down those other avenues.....

As far as keeping an eye on something I put my money into, its also about the learning experience that comes along with this.....I actually enjoy learning (is that so bad?) and watching a country that was practically destroyed, put themselves back together and get back on the global stage....Iraq has a lot of potential and I want to see how they get there. Not to mention all the little stuff I have picked up about currencies, foreign investment, and some economics, there is a lot you can learn and get a better understanding about which I think is another plus to this (but of course it helps I put my money into it lol) Ive spent just as much time learning about the bright side to this investment, as I have the dark side and I think it has helped me get a better overall view of things and the situation with the dinar. Which is also why Im pretty much on the fence as to what could and can happen.....so until this is over one way or another, I will continue to come here daily and read the news, read opinions, and read other information that people bring to the table on our investment.....

Is that too much for you?

Keep, you are a good guy. Listen, there are now guys saying that Einstein got it wrong. Why don't they just ask Good Will Hunting. Seriously, you do a good job and keep things real. Bob L.